Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Pierson posted:

Please tell me they did one for the male fans and that Astolfo made top three.
mash, ishtar/rin, jeanne alter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Gawain's pretty cute, I guess.

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

Gawain's pretty cute the same way mayonnaise is pretty exciting.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

freshlybaked posted:

???

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
hell yeah mayo is awesome

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

freshlybaked posted:

Mayo is bad, but Gawain is great

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
As an heterosexual male, I'd replace Gawain with Asterios.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Trihugger posted:

Maybe it's the nature of each event in FGO being so unique, but it still blows my mind how they can take 5 hours of maintenance and need to extend it indefinitely when most other games implement new events on the fly with no downtime. It's a good thing FGO is so generous with their maintenance gifts.

Any programmers can shed some light on the app/event update process, I'm curious.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

EzEight posted:

Any programmers can shed some light on the app/event update process, I'm curious.
There was this one time where apple store taking their sweet time listing the app while the dev hold on to the android relaese.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
Got Summer Nero in 60 quartz. :toot:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
What are her skills?

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Reddit says her skills are:

1) NP charge and if 50% HP or less gain NP gen up (3 turns)
2) Attack up (3 turns) Defense up (3 turns) and ignore classes (3 turns)
3) Ally Guts (1 time, 3 turns) and def up (3 turns)

I can't read Japanese, so I'll take their word for it :v:

Edit: After using it, her 3rd skill appears to give ATK up and not defense up.

TheFireMagi fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Aug 9, 2017

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Still working my way through the starting quests but Moriarty continues to be the best character in the game.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Summer Fran is really cute

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oh wow, caster Nero has funnels and her NP is a Gunbuster reference.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
Just spent 300 quartz on the summer gacha and didn't get a single servant above 3*, or any copies of the 3* I haven't maxed yet. Man I've never felt so crushed by a video game. I'm glad I don't put any money in this, it would be heartbreaking.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Helena is Ultraman and Yugioh Duelist. Nerf Gataling gun is great too.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Got 2 copies of Nero. Not a single other Servant above 3*s.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Dairokuten Maou-sama.

Grausherra
Jul 15, 2007

Look into my eyes...

RMZXAnarchy posted:

I don't think there are hacks for the US version yet.
though if there is ill take them, I want saint quartz

There is, it's just not all that much talked and behind a paywall to keep dirty peasants away.
I would bet most of the assholes showing off their maxed out bonds and such have used it since I doubt administration cares all that much since it's pretty much a single player thing.

EDIT: gently caress I can't write

Grausherra fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Aug 9, 2017

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Pierson posted:

Please tell me they did one for the male fans and that Astolfo made top three.

Astolfo is top 5 material, totally.

Yes, I know.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Grausherra posted:

There, it's just not all that much talked and behind a paywall to keep dirty peasants away.
I would most of the assholes showing off their maxed out bonds and such have used it since I doubt administration cares all that much since it's pretty much a single player thing.

Behind a paywall? That's kinda not right.
Though if anybody *does* have it i want it, mostly just for ease of life.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Spent all my free quartz, got some event CEs, but poo poo rolls until I paid up and got Nito and Fran.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Three rolls...Two of the 5star CEs and 1 of the 4. :negative: Ah well. Guess I'll save up for the part 2 banner.

Twib
Dec 24, 2013
I'm not a fan of Nero at all, but Nobu and Nito were too strong for me to resist.

First ten roll, 9 silvers and Swimsuit Nero. I know it's not kosher to complain about a 5* but oh my god I would have been happy with literally anyone except her.

So I blew the rest of my 300 Quartz I've saved up over a year.

100 rolls, and all I have to show for it are the event CEs and a Servant I absolutely despise.

The desire sensor is real, and it hates us.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

why despise nero, shes my friend

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

uggo twintails maybe

good thing they go away later.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I'd already spent all my JP Quartz getting Sherlock (yes!) and failing to get Moriarty (dammit!), so no summer waifus for me.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Pureauthor posted:

uggo twintails

Does not compute.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
Hmm, Fran might be one of the few servants where the spine breaking, head-backwards-while-showing-rear end-and-chest pose makes sense and doesn't bother me.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Pureauthor posted:

uggo twintails maybe

good thing they go away later.

The twintails are the best part though.

Speaking of references
https://twitter.com/33rd_monitor/status/895276187458691073

Twib
Dec 24, 2013

Endorph posted:

why despise nero, shes my friend

She was decent in Extra, but Extella and Rome especially has turned her into a perfect woman who can do no wrong who everyone loves when her shtick in Extra was dealing with the fact that she died unloved and went down vilified in history due to her more selfish actions like the theater debacle.

It gets a bit ridiculous when Mash is comparing Nero's purity and brilliance positively to Joan of Arc of all women.

Also Tamamo is the superior waifu and superior 5* swimsuit jackpot.

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

Farming for gold monuments is going to break me

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Twib posted:

It gets a bit ridiculous when Mash is comparing Nero's purity and brilliance positively to Joan of Arc of all women.

Mash is a terrible judge of character.

Twib
Dec 24, 2013

Ratoslov posted:

Mash is a terrible judge of character.

So is Da Vinci, Boudica, and literally every antagonist in Rome. Stheno just decides out of nowhere that'd she'd class change into Rider if Nero had been male, for example.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I didn't play Fate/Extra or Extella, so Septem was my first exposure to Nero and I considered her completely insufferable.

Her whole rationale why she is better than United Roman Empire is basically "I should be the sole emperor of Rome because I really want be the sole emperor of Rome!" and everyone reaction to that is basically "the reason you should be the sole Emperor of Rome is because you really want to be the sole Emperor of Rome? Wow such a deep and beautiful motivation, you are truly the one who should be the Emperor! Which is doubly hilarious when you consider historical Nero's track record and the fact that she is going against loving Caesar, Romulus and Alexander the Great. (ok, I guess she was better than Caligula?)

The only redeeming parts of Septem were Stheno's random wacky island and Jing-Ke, whose sole motivation was "I came here to assassinate emperors and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of bubblegum". :black101:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Jing Ke a best, true.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Playing this summer event as my first event on JP is such a weird contrast to Nero Fest. Even if the shop costs are slightly higher it feels bizarre to be getting around ~50 of the gold event currency from running a 10AP mission.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
honestly I keep confusing Nero with Caligula and I thought for a long time that it was really weird that they decided to make the worst roman emperor a cute girl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
ROMA