Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

"I don't have a "make better posts" spell, you're on your own."

Hexenritter posted:

I'd rather not hear random fuckwits ranting about niggers and dagoes ruining America on voice every five seconds and TKing.

This is pretty much every FPS on PC and I hate it, its either kiddies spouting the n word like they just found out about it yesterday, or actual nazis screaming diatribe and talking about trump for some loving reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Hard when will Castle be buffed to be playable?

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Yeah sometimes 3 barricades aren't enough to block off the objective room completely

Also re: racist chat

Join discord, you will never be totally isolated from ignorance and bigotry but your odds are somehow pretty good with goons. It's typically friends of goons that are the worst offenders and they don't last long before https://www.twitch.tv/TheIceOrb gives them the boot.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

The Duggler posted:

Yeah sometimes 3 barricades aren't enough to block off the objective room completely

Join discord, you will never be totally isolated from ignorance and bigotry but your odds are somehow pretty good with goons. It's typically friends of goons that are the worst offenders and they don't last long before https://www.twitch.tv/TheIceOrb gives them the boot.

A Discord goon once called me a bad word and made me cry

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

The Duggler posted:

Yes 3 of a bad gadget isn't enough to do much at all actually.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

Yes 3 of a bad gadget isn't enough to do much at all actually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aa_RlRd5YLI

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

The Duggler posted:

IceOrbTV (please remember to like and subscribe) is probably the worst offender in the group tbh.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
22:53:34: Starting BattlEye Service...
22:53:34: Failed to initialize BattlEye Service: Generic Error.

Great.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Changed my mind I'll play Castle until I git gud.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

i'm not great at this game or whatever but Castle is a lot of fun to play anyway once you get a feel for moving his walls around and keeping at least one on reserve for last minute emergencies. i usually only have 2 active at a time and it helps with that

he doesn't mesh well with teammates that aren't comfortable tearing his walls down though - more often than not people will just complain that you blocked them or whatever but if you tell them it refunds you they loosen up a bit and learn to play around it

i try not to view his doors as permanent barricades but more just deterrents to immediate breaches that help burnout the enemy's explosive supplies or glaz ammo. a good thing to get a feel for is when the enemy spots your castle barricade and you see them start to improvise around it - like you can shift to cut off their next flank attempt. once you get a feel for the maps creating bottlenecks is actually really fun imo, if you can predict things well enough its like having a labyrinth of bullshit to navigate

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Stranges the kind of bitch that tells everyone else what happened in Vegas. Next thing you know he doesn't get invited for the next trip.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
I would never reveal where we buried that dead hooker you married.

Orv
May 4, 2011
FIXED – Nitro Cells deal no damage when they are thrown against certain types of metal beams.

Hm.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Orv posted:

FIXED – Nitro Cells deal no damage when they are thrown against certain types of metal beams.

Hm.

Certain objects like the small metal rods in Kanal's stairs were blocking C4 explosion and even the flash effect a few patches back.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Hard posted:

Certain objects like the small metal rods in Kanal's stairs were blocking C4 explosion and even the flash effect a few patches back.

Was it checking line of sight to the centre of the player model or was it just the railing counting as a solid object?

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

If you team needs to tear down a castle wall you have failed

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

CJ posted:

Was it checking line of sight to the centre of the player model or was it just the railing counting as a solid object?

bullets were passing in between the railing yes but explosions and flashes no. Wasn't a lot of them really. Kanal was the most notorious.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Hard posted:

Wait, does this mean the whole thing with flashbangs not working if just your leg was behind cover and you looked right at it has been fixed?

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
Best thing: stick a claymore right behind castle's rear end as he's laying prone and watch an enemy walk into it.

whatspeakyou fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Aug 9, 2017

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

My favourite castle zone is construction entrance to basement on Oregon. You can force them through all 3 castle barricades while shooting at their feet and throwing impact grenades the entire way, and if it's just ash she sometimes gets stuck at barricade 3 after wasting her 2 breach rounds and just leaves and goes home.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

AbortRetryFail posted:

My favourite castle zone is construction entrance to basement on Oregon. You can force them through all 3 castle barricades while shooting at their feet and throwing impact grenades the entire way, and if it's just ash she sometimes gets stuck at barricade 3 after wasting her 2 breach rounds and just leaves and goes home.

I actually did this just last night! :D However instead of Ash, it was Hibana (actually both, but Ash didn't use her charges, and I killed her through a murderhole watching that first door), so Hibana ran out of breaching charges. That went so well for us, as they didn't have Thermite.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Sorry keyframe about yesterday. My ISP raged, not me. By the time I got back you were already in the afk channel. :smith:

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

Some clips from recent games:

Blitz being Blitz: https://streamable.com/2dcwk
Getting rid of peekers: https://streamable.com/v0rst

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Me and Haggard got some awesome matches this morning. I had 4-6 kills pretty much every game and one game I had 8. First round almost managed to ace their whole team, and the last match I had before I starting having computer problems I got a triple down with a GSG9 shotgun where they were all stacked up on the objective room door.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

I've tried opening all of the recommended ports and allowing Uplay and R6 to do whatever they want in Windows firewall settings, and probably some other things, but no matter what I can't get it to go Open from Moderate NAT. It's not the biggest problem, but I do notice some issues every now and then that I think were caused by it. Like seeing the same 2-3 guys on the other team in sequential matches of casual play. Anyone ever deal with it?

Of course I'm on wifi, but I can't run ethernet from the router in the house to this room. If that's literally the only problem I'll have to pick up a powerline adapter. I understand all of the packet loss and poo poo I'm probably suffering unawares but no game has really given me this straight up "your connection sucks, kinda" message because I'm on wifi

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Had one game with Thermite where I threw a flashbang into a room after breaching the wall next to a Black Mirror. When I jumped in, I found both Mira and Mute lying on their backs behind the Black Mirror, just.... lying there. Took me like two seconds to shoot them. I guess I just found it funny because I'm used to dealing with super competent people in this game so I forget there are people even worse than me out there :v:

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.

Jehde posted:

IceOrbTV (please remember to like and subscribe) is probably the worst offender in the group tbh.

I changed my name to "TarkovIsABadGameTV" thank you.

Please get it right.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
New patch? New patch. 434.1MB.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

IronDoge posted:

Some clips from recent games:

Blitz being Blitz: https://streamable.com/2dcwk
Getting rid of peekers: https://streamable.com/v0rst

GSG owns

also Castle will never be that bad because he gets a 1911 :patriot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNRzHu-tL4I

Ularg posted:

New patch? New patch. 434.1MB.

Jägvert.gif

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Penpal posted:

Like seeing the same 2-3 guys on the other team in sequential matches of casual play. Anyone ever deal with it?

Tbf this is just normal for casual matchmaking. There are times when I have the day off or whatever and it's just the same 10 people playing in different configurations

Orv
May 4, 2011
Ded game.

I actually had a game a couple nights ago with a random person that I'd squared off against regularly near the launch of the game and it was kind of neat to catch up and see what we'd both learned in the meantime. Doesn't come up much but it's cool when it does (and the person isn't your average FPS gamer.)

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Is escape from tarkov bad game? davai suka blyet?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
it's cyka blyat, you clearly only learned these things by having them screaming at you instead of having them typed at you the way god intended.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

it's cyka blyat, you clearly only learned these things by having them screaming at you instead of having them typed at you the way god intended.

Хорошо...

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Penpal posted:

I've tried opening all of the recommended ports and allowing Uplay and R6 to do whatever they want in Windows firewall settings, and probably some other things, but no matter what I can't get it to go Open from Moderate NAT. It's not the biggest problem, but I do notice some issues every now and then that I think were caused by it. Like seeing the same 2-3 guys on the other team in sequential matches of casual play. Anyone ever deal with it?

Of course I'm on wifi, but I can't run ethernet from the router in the house to this room. If that's literally the only problem I'll have to pick up a powerline adapter. I understand all of the packet loss and poo poo I'm probably suffering unawares but no game has really given me this straight up "your connection sucks, kinda" message because I'm on wifi

Not sure if i understand this correctly but the fact that you're on moderate/wifi isn't related to who you are playing with/against. You're connecting on X gameserver and have an average ping so you'll get matchmake against available players that fits the same criteria as you. If you are solo queuing the server will try to match you against 9 other solo queuing guys so chances are you'll run into the same people especially if you're not in peak hours. The game improved at changing opponents but at the end of the day it's a big formula with a fuckton of variables. If you REALLY want to avoid playing with the same people just back out of queue for a few seconds and requeue.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i do not think your nat type has anything to do with your ping or packet loss. if your nat type isn't changing when you open your ports, you're either doing it incorrectly, opening the wrong ports, or siege is mis-reporting.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Hard posted:

Not sure if i understand this correctly but the fact that you're on moderate/wifi isn't related to who you are playing with/against. You're connecting on X gameserver and have an average ping so you'll get matchmake against available players that fits the same criteria as you. If you are solo queuing the server will try to match you against 9 other solo queuing guys so chances are you'll run into the same people especially if you're not in peak hours. The game improved at changing opponents but at the end of the day it's a big formula with a fuckton of variables. If you REALLY want to avoid playing with the same people just back out of queue for a few seconds and requeue.

Yeah, I didn't think that being on wi-fi was the cause of the problem, but I've been through all of the Ubisoft support pages / reddit posts RE:nat / googling, and there isn't any really solid info. My ping is usually around 80-110 because my normal siege crew is split across Canada and they're usually around 60 ping. I don't solo queue very much if at all. I only mentioned seeing other players consistently because I had assumed I was placed into a smaller pool of people with "bad" connections, but that is my ignorance showing itself. I'm using the information from this page: https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Faqs/000024695/Connectivity-Troubleshooting-PC-R6S , and using these ports:

Uplay Launcher
TCP: 80, 443, 13000, 13005, 13200, 14000, 14001, 14008

Rainbow Six: Siege
UDP 10000-10099, 3074, 6015
TCP 80, 443

And here's my router page:

(sorry if big)

I am 100% ready to be shamed by someone pointing out that I have not forwarded any ports at all and in fact only managed to change my router's LED status indicators. FYI, my brother in the same house is on ethernet and plays For Honor and Siege and has Open NAT in both.

Anyways, siege is fun, and soon I'll be able to afford my first DLC operator after grinding. Probs gonna get Mira. Can you get Legendary skins with renown or is it real money only?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
are you having any issues that are typically related to having the wrong nat type? voip not working, failing to join lobbies, etc?

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

I started playing again early-mid July and over the course of a week had numerous problems connecting to my squad for queuing into games. I couldn't join their formed squad after many attempts, Uplay restarts, and complete computer restarts and router power cycling. It was funny for a bit but then got frustrating because we tried to have me host, then try someone else hosting and inviting, and the third person tried to host, etc. We tried simply "joining game" on each other and sometimes it "just works" and we get some games in. If one specific person hosts, we figured out we don't (usually) get the problem. We also tried making a uPlay "group" and joining from the overlay in the "group" but we couldn't squad up.

I couldn't see any server maintenance happening on those specific nights or anything so I gave up. Recently it's been better but sometimes I still have problems joining the squad and we just play PubG or something.

edit, forgot a few words

forest spirit fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Aug 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Penpal posted:

I am 100% ready to be shamed by someone pointing out that I have not forwarded any ports at all and in fact only managed to change my router's LED status indicators. FYI, my brother in the same house is on ethernet and plays For Honor and Siege and has Open NAT in both.

Anyways, siege is fun, and soon I'll be able to afford my first DLC operator after grinding. Probs gonna get Mira. Can you get Legendary skins with renown or is it real money only?

Being on Wifi might be why you're stuck to moderate even you've got all ports forwarded. Even if its not the case wifi gaming is just so meeeh. I don't know your situation but if you can manage an ethernet cable do it!

I sometimes play with 2 roomates and them being under the same IP they can't play siege at the same time unless one of them uses a VPN.

As for the legendary skins (Sledge, Thermite, Rook, Twitch, BB and Pulse) you need R6 Credits so yeah thats real money.

• Locked thread