Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

I want the true fallout experience of being able to sweet talk all my enemies into killing themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

FunkMonkey posted:

I want the true fallout experience of being able to sweet talk all my enemies into killing themselves.

After you bone them right

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Naturally.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
Sorry, they explicitly state it's based on Fallout 3 and 4. There will be at most 2 people you can interact with in ways besides shooting them.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Poopy Palpy posted:

Sorry, they explicitly state it's based on Fallout 3 and 4. There will be at most 2 people you can interact with in ways besides shooting them.

Boardgame Geek.com is proud to unveil the Mod Factory

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Sloober posted:

Boardgame Geek.com is proud to unveil the Mod Factory

Yeah where's my female Deathclaw mini FFG. What the heck.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
It would be extremely good if the Fallout board game was so bad that it required FFG to make a "mod" expansion that allowed you to make the game not garbage. Art imitating...uh, other, also lovely art.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Caverna but with a Vault and mutant animals.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Chill la Chill posted:

I would play this.

FulsomFrank
Sep 11, 2005

Hard on for love

Chill la Chill posted:

This is not a funny joke because it sounds really goddam good

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

Voluta even sounds like Fallout.

Can we start some kind of petition?

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

FulsomFrank posted:

This is not a funny joke because it sounds really goddam good

I would give caverna another shot if this happened.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Brb restickering all my Caverna cardboard to have unethical social experiment rooms instead.

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

kinkouin posted:

It's been a few pages, just reminding goons if they want to get in on Iron Clay chips:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3687728&pagenumber=1523&perpage=40#post475021048

Probably only going to post about this once or twice more before I commit in the pledge manager; no point in holding out for stragglers that aren't showing up.

Again, the more people we get, the more it's shared across for a cheaper price.

Repostan again.

We're up to 3 people atm. Could use more for a lower price.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Do y'all bother to sleeve the cards in your board games?

Was wondering if it would be worthwhile to sleeve my Dominion and Descent 2nd Ed. cards. People seem to talk a lot about doing it and I've seen other folks do it but .. them sleeves ain't cheap

edit: are there specific cheap sleeves this thread would recommend because, again, I don't have mad sleeve money here

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Aug 9, 2017

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I sleeve everything. I spend enough on board games that an extra few dollars to protect my investment is a good idea for me.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
I sleeve games that are likely to have you a: actually hold the cards b: have cheap cards and c: are expensive to replace or go out of print.

So I sleeve gloomhaven, but not tash-kalar. Modern art and dominion, but not Dixit.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Yeah, I sleeve card games and board games where the cards see a lot of play. Dominion, 7 Wonders Duel, etc. Don't ask me about how much I hate Millenium Blades between sleeving all 600+ cards and wrapping the stacks of paper money :v:

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

jivjov posted:

I sleeve everything. I spend enough on board games that an extra few dollars to protect my investment is a good idea for me.

Agreed. I've got a bunch of deckbuilders that I sleeved. It helps with shuffling, but it also makes it much easier to enjoy for a longer period.

Plus, if you get the right kind, it makes it look much nicer. I had gotten the matte clears from dragonshield for deckbuilders cause I liked the backs of the LOTR deckbuilders. Should have gone with the FFG ones with The One Ring on the back. But whatever, it turned out great, couldn't be assed to find those limited print sleeves when I need nearly a goddamn thousand of those fuckers.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Impermanent posted:

I sleeve games that are likely to have you a: actually hold the cards b: have cheap cards and c: are expensive to replace or go out of print.

So I sleeve gloomhaven, but not tash-kalar. Modern art and dominion, but not Dixit.

:same: Just got time of crisis and triumph and tragedy today. Event decks don't need to get sleeves, but the cards in hands do.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

I only sleeve games when cards begin to show distinctive damage that is detrimental to gameplay. So, all that I've sleeved is The Resistance in opaque sleeves. 7 Wonders is up next, saw a bend on one of the cards last time we played. Played hundreds of games of Dominion and that's still gravy. If I only had one base set, it might be an issue, I had to retire the base set of money/VPs and replace it with the Intrigue ones. Buying a pack of Base Cards for 15 bucks in a couple of years sounds more appealing than sleeving 5000 cards.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Impermanent posted:

How many sleeves of what size will I need for Gloomhaven? I've been looking for that info.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
We've sleeved up character decks for Gloomhaven because they were starting to grime up a bit and the handfeel wasn't great.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I use FFG sleeves for FFG products, mostly due to convenience. Dominion on the other hand is in the cheapest of penny sleeves. Got a hefty discount ordering sleeves enough for Base through Adventures in a single purchase through my FLGS.

I've had to go far afield for sleeves for other stuff though. Investigator and Ancient One cards in Eldritch are in photo sleeves, I had to order off some strange website I don't even remember to get sleeves for Onitama's cards.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Hopper posted:

How many sleeves of what size will I need for Gloomhaven? I've been looking for that info.

This guide has you covered.

e: I will note that you can skip sleeving monster ability cards if you use Gloomy Companion.

Ojetor fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Aug 9, 2017

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
I sleeved a game once and never will again. I suppose I might consider it for some out of print wonder.

Our cards don't get beat up or grimed or anything. Idk I guess we're careful or something, or just not terribly worried about it.

Kids or klutzes or randos, though? I'd sleeve or just buy a new one if it ever wore out.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

The only reason that I don't sleeve literally every card in every game is because the inserts do not accommodate the sleeves and I don't want to toss the inserts in lieu of bags. I spend a lot of money on board games, and most of these games will not be easy to find in 5-10 years, so I want to protect the investment.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
I'll sleeve games if they would be expensive to replace and/or out of print just in case of spills.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I still have Onirim on my wall of shame because finding decent sleeves for it is impossible and all you do is shuffle. Luckily for me I have it on iPad where the shuffling causes no damage.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Mister Sinewave posted:

I sleeved a game once and never will again. I suppose I might consider it for some out of print wonder.

Our cards don't get beat up or grimed or anything. Idk I guess we're careful or something, or just not terribly worried about it.

Kids or klutzes or randos, though? I'd sleeve or just buy a new one if it ever wore out.

It's not just for protection. It's way easier to mash shuffle sleeved cards. Sleeves are a godsend for deckbuilders and other games with constant card shuffling.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Hopper posted:

You need 100 FFG Reds (or same size other sleeves) to start with for the 5 damage modifier decks, with a constant trickle of further ones required as you end up adding cards to the decks.
Beyond that you need your favourite brand of magic size sleeves for the character ability cards. Each character will need 11-15 to start with, with also a constant trickle as you level up.
Finally you might want 24 more FFG Reds for the battle goals.
Nothing else really warrants sleeving.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

My friend was dumb and sleeved the Road and City decks. Do not sleeve the Road and City decks.

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

Ojetor posted:

This guide has you covered.

e: I will note that you can skip sleeving monster ability cards if you use Gloomy Companion.

Can confirm the guide is loving amazing. Helped me locate sizes without having to trial and error bullshit in an LGS with nosy workers. (I get they're willing to help, but there's a point where it just gets plain loving annoying :()

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I've never sleeved a boardgame I own because I've yet to play a single game I own extensively enough to make sleeves a necessity or even a nicety. Like maybe the game I have the most mileage on is Kemet and the thing that's most beat up is the box, not the contents. The last time I thought "oh I guess I'll sleeve a game" was when I dipped my toe into Netrunner and that was enough to make me not want to do so again for a long, long time. Christ, I can't even imagine trying to sleeve something like Millennium Blades or a full collection of Battlecon or Dominion, that's beyond hobbyist enthusiasm and into the realms of masochism. Plus sleeves wear out too, so then you have to replace them and so on and so forth, I'm exhausted just thinking about it. Not to mention I already barely fit, say, Argent plus expansion into its box and that's with a custom insert designed for that purpose. Add sleeves to the numerous cards (including huge tarot sized cards as well as regular sized playing cards) and you can forget about it.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

kinkouin posted:

Can confirm the guide is loving amazing. Helped me locate sizes without having to trial and error bullshit in an LGS with nosy workers. (I get they're willing to help, but there's a point where it just gets plain loving annoying :()

GrandpaPants posted:

My friend was dumb and sleeved the Road and City decks. Do not sleeve the Road and City decks.

Yes, as the guide says, the Road and City decks get shuffled multiple times, and it justifies that to rank those decks really high. Still, don't sleeve them. You take out one individual card from each of the two stacks every time you play, and then you shove them back in the box. Sleeving is a waste.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Kai Tave posted:

I've never sleeved a boardgame I own because I've yet to play a single game I own extensively enough to make sleeves a necessity or even a nicety. Like maybe the game I have the most mileage on is Kemet and the thing that's most beat up is the box, not the contents. The last time I thought "oh I guess I'll sleeve a game" was when I dipped my toe into Netrunner and that was enough to make me not want to do so again for a long, long time. Christ, I can't even imagine trying to sleeve something like Millennium Blades or a full collection of Battlecon or Dominion, that's beyond hobbyist enthusiasm and into the realms of masochism. Plus sleeves wear out too, so then you have to replace them and so on and so forth, I'm exhausted just thinking about it. Not to mention I already barely fit, say, Argent plus expansion into its box and that's with a custom insert designed for that purpose. Add sleeves to the numerous cards (including huge tarot sized cards as well as regular sized playing cards) and you can forget about it.

It's easier when you play some sort of card game and order tons of sleeves by the case. And tons of deckboxes that need sleeves to fill them.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
I've sleeved race for the galaxy and Mage Knight (and mystic vale but that doesn't count) and I probably would sleeve Dominion if it wasn't a joint collecting with the full set of expansions being owned between three or four people.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

I sleeve Monopoly money

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

I've been feeling the need to take a vacation soon, and realized that I made that decision a bit too late for GenCon. Then I saw the posts about VlaadaCon coming up and though I am interested I am also too late for that this year. What are some other conventions based around tabletop gaming that I might want to look into? I am in California but can save up to travel across the US if needed

E: I would also accept recommendations to cool vacation places that also have a good gaming shop I could visit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I Was The Fury posted:

I've been feeling the need to take a vacation soon, and realized that I made that decision a bit too late for GenCon. Then I saw the posts about VlaadaCon coming up and though I am interested I am also too late for that this year. What are some other conventions based around tabletop gaming that I might want to look into? I am in California but can save up to travel across the US if needed

E: I would also accept recommendations to cool vacation places that also have a good gaming shop I could visit

Well in that case, Da Planet and ideal 808 are great places to play back on Oahu. Sadly da Planet moved from its old spot near the mall because it was right next to Waikiki from there.