Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Jose posted:

suarez bit someone during the world cup

And still went for 70m in a time where only Bale and Ronaldo had gone for more iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
wengy should let perez go for less than he wants

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

cheese posted:

I'd say take the 100m but I don't even know what we would do with it at this point.

Why would you say take it then? That's the entire issue with the transfer from Liverpool's point of view, as others have been saying. Liverpool don't need money, we need to build a good squad. FSG don't seem afraid to spend, but the club does seem to have a problem attracting top level players, and selling our best players every few years isn't conducive to either building a squad that can challenge in the league and Europe, or attracting top players. You can have all the money in the world to spend, but it means gently caress all if you can't bring in anything other than middle of the road players.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen

cheese posted:

I'd say take the 100m but I don't even know what we would do with it at this point.

Buy Carroll for £85m?

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
tbh, Liverpool are a pointless club that have no reason to exist: they won't ever win anything, but they'll probably not go down either. It just exists to make money.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Some selected French "reports" are saying Mmbop wants to go to PSG,

Lets say this happens, in theory, and the fee goes above £150m, surely PSG would be cluster hosed by FFP at that point right?

Or do UEFA really not give a poo poo.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

CyberPingu posted:

Or do UEFA really not give a poo poo.

*dingdingdingdingdingdingding*

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Still B.A.E posted:

Why would you say take it then? That's the entire issue with the transfer from Liverpool's point of view, as others have been saying. Liverpool don't need money, we need to build a good squad. FSG don't seem afraid to spend, but the club does seem to have a problem attracting top level players, and selling our best players every few years isn't conducive to either building a squad that can challenge in the league and Europe, or attracting top players. You can have all the money in the world to spend, but it means gently caress all if you can't bring in anything other than middle of the road players.

Source your quotes

Liverpool aren't seriously challenging for anything so long as they insist on polishing that turd of a stadium, brown jewel in the centre of the Anfield Slums (as created by the Club of the Working Class Fans itself).

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Ninpo posted:

Source your quotes

Liverpool aren't seriously challenging for anything so long as they insist on polishing that turd of a stadium, brown jewel in the centre of the Anfield Slums (as created by the Club of the Working Class Fans itself).

Source your quotes.

Yeah the stadium is whats holding us back :jerkbag:

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

oliwan posted:

tbh, Liverpool are a pointless club that have no reason to exist: they won't ever win anything, but they'll probably not go down either. It just exists to make money.
Please do not make fun of our brand.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
In related news...

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/895201632996253696

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
:getin:

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Apparently PSG are considering an £80m bid for Alexis Sanchez. Maybe they should've offered that before they broke the market with the Neymar deal.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Apparently PSG are considering an £80m bid for Alexis Sanchez. Maybe they should've offered that before they broke the market with the Neymar deal.

Wengy would take £80m for Sanchez

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

CyberPingu posted:

Wengy would take £80m for Sanchez

Nah, he's got the same issue Liverpool have, who would he buy for the money?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

tarbrush posted:

Some youngster from Stoke?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

tarbrush posted:

80m for Sanchez would've been great several weeks ago, when there was actually time to buy a replacement and fit them into the team. PSG waiting this long to make that bid (if they actually have, idk) is just dumb.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

CyberPingu posted:

50 youngsters from Stoke Ligue 2

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
wenger could buy pulisic and really solidify the unbearable american supporter base

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

chuggo is BACK posted:

wenger could buy pulisic and really solidify the unbearable american supporter base

This is the fate I deserve, isn't it?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

chuggo is BACK posted:

Pretty sure if Dortmund even vaguely relented on selling Klopp would be in there immediately

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Let's just keep the great American hope away from any leagues that include Stoke, thanks.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

chuggo is BACK posted:

While I do agree Pulis is sick I don't see how Americans would approve of replacing Wengy with the king of hoofball

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

i thought liverpool was known for taking money not sending it

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

African AIDS cum posted:

I read that welsh peoples are primitive humans with no robust neanderthal DNA and they lived in caves til recently

Interesting. You know who else lack neanderthal DNA :thunk:

:ssh: the athletics

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

PirateBob posted:

Interesting. You know who else lack neanderthal DNA :thunk:

:ssh: the athletics

Don't even start with this poo poo. Ban for the next person who mentions it.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

oliwan posted:

The harsh truth about liverpoo. And now they've sold their shirt sleeve for a pittance... Imagine being so desperate for money that you sell out to all sorts of lovely sponsors :roflolmao:

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

Don't even start with this poo poo. Ban for the next person who mentions it.

Sorry :kiddo: Not trying to start anything nasty.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
So is leaning into your lovely posting your new gimmick now

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Who wants jack colback since he's about to he left out of the PL squad

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Rafa Benitez posted:

“I was talking with Arsene yesterday, because we had the managers meeting.

“I said, ‘Listen, we have to talk [about Lucas Perez].’

“And he said ‘Do you have some money?’"

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Still love Rafa

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

So does he have the money?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

wicka posted:

So does he have the money?

Doesn't seem that way.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

blue footed boobie posted:

Doesn't seem that way.

Ah, that's a shame. Arsenal have a lot of poo poo players to get rid of but Perez is actually pretty good. Someone is going to buy him for like 10m and it's going to be a steal.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Burnley have sold Andre Gray to watford. They've sold their best striker and best defender this summer they're probably going down

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Jose posted:

Burnley have sold Andre Gray to watford. They've sold their best striker and best defender this summer they're probably going down

£18m for Andre Gray.

This really is a crazy transfer window.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

TheBigAristotle posted:

Excluding free transfers, which transfer on its face looks like the best deal?

Hernandez for 16 million is good business considering the mental fees for strikers this window

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
http://www.marca.com/futbol/barcelona/2017/08/09/598b4963ca4741df4a8b463b.html

Barca basically won't hand in Neymar's registration papers until their check is certified

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Hernandez for 16 million is good business considering the mental fees for strikers this window

Chicharito will be some seriously good value for money, I wager. Can't wait to see him score against us on Sunday.

• Locked thread