Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Yeah even if they were really trying the odds of replicating the success and quality of a Ghostbusters or a Back to the Future are pretty low

And they almost never really try lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
gently caress movies

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
:siren:ENDLESS TRASH!!!!:siren:

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

Jose Oquendo posted:

It's in the theatrical cut. I swear he does it for about 15 minutes.

HIJK posted:

gently caress movies

not trolled not crying
Jan 29, 2007

21st Century Awezome Man

Snatch Duster posted:

I disagree with their assessment of Fieg. He seems to be a Hollywood conman with the way he talks. Like when Rich does his bullshit pitch man voice, he sounds exactly like fieg. Also, diet praises everyone he works with. This also is called being a kiss rear end.

Whenever I see Feig's talking clear bullshit in these interviews, in my mind it automatically sounds like "Hi, I'm Troy McClure, you might remember me from..." I know everyone in Hollywood is a horrible fake person, but with Feig, it's fascinatingly and horribly clear.

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks
I think one of the more legit criticism was that why didn't Feig have Wiig write it, since she wrote his earlier firm Bridesmaids which was far more critically successful.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

not trolled not crying posted:

Whenever I see Feig's talking clear bullshit in these interviews, in my mind it automatically sounds like "Hi, I'm Troy McClure, you might remember me from..." I know everyone in Hollywood is a horrible fake person, but with Feig, it's fascinatingly and horribly clear.

I think alot of that comes down to what Danny Vodka said about him loving up the budget. Feig knew he completely hosed this thing and was trying to sell it for damage control to salvage his career, it's hard to come off as anything other than a desperate commission furniture salesman in an empty showroom in that kind of scenario.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Gammatron 64 posted:

My favorite part about the 2016 Ghostbusters movie is when Dan Akyroyd said that Paul Fieg will never be allowed on the Sony Pictures lot ever again

Its a pity they didn't show Akroyd's total sell out cock sucking of the movie in the same interview Bill Murray said he did it for the girls.
Ackroyd knows what it feels like to have Feig's balls slapping his chin.

Cant find it, but here's him shilling the film right upto the opening night: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ1e_dOJd5w

happyhippy fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Aug 9, 2017

Power_of_the_glory
Feb 14, 2012
I kind of vowed to never watch Ghostbusters 2016 after they attacked James Rolfe for not wanting to watch the movie.

Sadly, I was actually kind of excited for the movie at the all female Ghostbusters cast was revealed because I thought it was a sign they were going to do something new with the premise.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Why does Paul Feig have such a boner for dancing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pat655fwE2E

edit: Also I thought it was interesting that this review was kindest to Leslie Jones when I feel like she got the most bad press when the movie first came out. The review made me realize she was kinda the only one who mixed in a bit of acting between all the lovely improv jokes and screaming. I also really don't care for the other three though so I dunno. Movie was bad.

Friend fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Aug 9, 2017

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Power_of_the_glory posted:

I kind of vowed to never watch Ghostbusters 2016 after they attacked James Rolfe for not wanting to watch the movie.

The way that happened, and the fact that it happened in the first place, really was disgusting.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Power_of_the_glory posted:

Sadly, I was actually kind of excited for the movie at the all female Ghostbusters cast was revealed because I thought it was a sign they were going to do something new with the premise.

Same. I thought an all girl Ghostbusters might be interesting until I actually saw the trailer and how people started making GBS threads on James Rolfe and I was like "okay, no thanks, gently caress you"

Like I said, an all girls Ghostbusters was actually genius and one of the only smart moves they made with this movie because then when it fails you have a convinient excuse

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
it should have been the broad city+garfunkel and oats ladeys and billy eichner should have been in thor's role

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Garfunkel and Oates would have been loving great. Holy poo poo.

KMART THE MOVIE
Aug 9, 2017

HIJK posted:

Star Trek has 2 appeals: interesting characters and asking moral questions that examine our society. You have be in for one of those two things at least and if you're not then you probably won't enjoy the show.

Oh good were talking about star trek again

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up
Nuclear war with North Korea is gonna distract from the fact that the Emoji Movie and The Dark Tower was garbage so hot it burst into flames.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

vermin posted:

Nuclear war with North Korea is gonna distract from the fact that the Emoji Movie and The Dark Tower was garbage so hot it burst into flames.

The ultimate retribution for the NK Sony hack.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'm pretty sure there was improv in the first film. Just not a lot.

Like when they are catching the first ghost, and they are in the ball room. They are about to knock over a table and Bill is like "hold on hold on, i've always wanted to do this." and then he rips the tablecloth off the table. it's not in the shooting script. Also, when he gets slimed and in the background you can hear him say "I feel so funky." Again, not in the script.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

happyhippy posted:

Its a pity they didn't show Akroyd's total sell out cock sucking of the movie in the same interview Bill Murray said he did it for the girls.
Ackroyd knows what it feels like to have Feig's balls slapping his chin.

Cant find it, but here's him shilling the film right upto the opening night: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ1e_dOJd5w

I mean, you know that's their job right?

It's astounding Akroyd circled around later to poo poo on Feige, because you never ever do that in Hollywood.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

bring back old gbs posted:

it should have been the broad city+garfunkel and oats ladeys and billy eichner should have been in thor's role

Key and Peele present: Ghostbusters

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Waltzing Along posted:

I'm pretty sure there was improv in the first film. Just not a lot.

Like when they are catching the first ghost, and they are in the ball room. They are about to knock over a table and Bill is like "hold on hold on, i've always wanted to do this." and then he rips the tablecloth off the table. it's not in the shooting script. Also, when he gets slimed and in the background you can hear him say "I feel so funky." Again, not in the script.

And those are the most memorable parts of the original Ghostbusters movie

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

bring back old gbs posted:

This would have been amazing, eichner would have been perfect too. Also call him Craig and just make him the parks and rec character.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

monster on a stick posted:

And those are the most memorable parts of the original Ghostbusters movie

I think the point is that the first film had a tight script with jokes written in that work in the universe of the film. The new one didn't have jokes in the script and were hoping to be funny by throwing a ton of poo poo at the screen and hoping it sticks. The problem is all the poo poo stuck to the screen so all we saw was poo poo.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Monkey Fracas posted:

:siren:ENDLESS TRASH!!!!:siren:

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up
The catbags out of the cat's bagcat now

cagbagcatbagg

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

PostNouveau posted:

It's astounding Akroyd circled around later to poo poo on Feige, because you never ever do that in Hollywood.

I think Akroyd just does his own thing at this point. I think he even got interested in politics in Ottawa?

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Buckwheat Sings posted:

I think Akroyd just does his own thing at this point. I think he even got interested in politics in Ottawa?

Maybe he wants to legalize cocaine so he can get more people hooked.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

vermin posted:

The catbags out of the cat's bagcat now

cagbagcatbagg

We need to put the cat back in the bag because it's out of the bag right now and we want it, the cat, to be back in the bag

Rotacixe
Oct 21, 2008

vermin posted:

Next re:View https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6U9T3R3EQg&t=1070s

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

Yeah it was a pretty insane mic drop moment. It probably wouldn't have happened if Feig's career wasn't already ruined. Akroyd has also been in the business for a long, long time and has a good enough reputation to get away with it.

More or less Ghostbusters destroyed Paul Fieg's career and Sony Pictures' days are numbered, too. Rumor has it Sony might sell it to Disney so I guess Disney will get the rights to Spider-Man fully back at least. Not that I'm wild about Disney, given that they're more like a factory that mass produces soulless Marvel movies, Star Wars movies and live action remakes of animated movies.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
Disney's James Bond

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

KMART THE MOVIE posted:

Oh good were talking about star trek again

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
the Enterprise could take out an Imperial Star Destroyer

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

In fact, Ghostbusters 2016 reminds me of Star Trek TNG episode 166. An episode called Sub Rosa. Dr Crusher travels to...

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
You know across every Star War movie we've never seen a Star Destroyer fully engaged in combat.

You'd think something named after a naval destroyer that's the size of a city would have thousands of guns and be an incredible sight to behold firing.

But they mostly just show up, release a couple dozen TIE Fighters, then get blown up by dinky single seater fighters.

The most you see is them firing a single cannon at a fighter. So at best they're ridiculously huge aircraft carriers that are way too big to only be hauling a few TIE fighters.

The Enterprise could take out dozens of them shits.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

They look really cool though.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
The Enterprise is tough, but it's powered by pedos.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

You know across every Star War movie we've never seen a Star Destroyer fully engaged in combat.

You'd think something named after a naval destroyer that's the size of a city would have thousands of guns and be an incredible sight to behold firing.

But they mostly just show up, release a couple dozen TIE Fighters, then get blown up by dinky single seater fighters.

The most you see is them firing a single cannon at a fighter. So at best they're ridiculously huge aircraft carriers that are way too big to only be hauling a few TIE fighters.

We do in Return of the Jedi and Revenge of the Sith

It really bugged me how lovely the space battles were in the Force Awakens compared to earlier movies. Okay, so you have this huge Death Star made out of the side of the planet and it's only defended by like 10 TIE Fighters?

At least the battle in Rogue One was cool as gently caress even though the rest of the movie wasn't that good. We at least got a very cool space battle out of it

Very cool. Very cool. Me personally,

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YSsX-ekb40

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

The Enterprise basically gets punked Everytime it enters any combat encounter.

• Locked thread