Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

รขย€ย• Corey Dostoyevsky

Eli Wiggum posted:

What's the record for most interceptions in a season? Because Hack is going to break it

he'll never stay on the field long enough to break it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Kalli posted:

42 by George Blanda in 1962.
Modern era is 35 by Testaverde in '88
29 by Favre in 2005 for recent history
and 27 by Eli in 2013 for the last decade.

If the Jets ran Hack out there all season like he was rookie Peyton Manning, he'd probably crack 25 guaranteed and most likely 30 no problem.

That Eli one should have the biggest asterisk. So many of those bounced right off the receivers hands into the waiting arms of the cornerback.

Some true voodoo hex poo poo bad luck.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Gross

https://twitter.com/gregauman/status/895386075266519043

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Hizawk posted:

That Eli one should have the biggest asterisk. So many of those bounced right off the receivers hands into the waiting arms of the cornerback.

Claiming this BUT ACTUALLY for when Hack throws 35.

I'm blaming our WRs.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Hizawk posted:

What's the excuse for the rest of his career

(kidding)

Durandal1707 fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Aug 9, 2017

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Diva Cupcake posted:

https://twitter.com/Connor_J_Hughes/status/895378795011690497

It looks like 1st team today was in prep for Saturday's game so not true starters. Not like you can tell anyways.
Would you believe me if I said I recently read an article claiming that Hackenburg looked good and was pushing Josh McCown for the starting job?
I laughed then, I'm laughing harder now. But starting him might actually be a good idea: the Panthers suffered the crucible of Jimmy "Pickles" Clausen, and were rewarded with Cam Newton, after all.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

Would you believe me if I said I recently read an article claiming that Hackenburg looked good and was pushing Josh McCown for the starting job?
I laughed then, I'm laughing harder now. But starting him might actually be a good idea: the Panthers suffered the crucible of Jimmy "Pickles" Clausen, and were rewarded with Cam Newton, after all.

Hack is absolutely going to start games this year, for that exact reason. What about the Jets shitcanning anyone over the age of like 25 (except Forte) doesn't scream TANKING EVEN HARDER THAN THE 2016 BROWNS to you?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

What's the ideal outcome for the Jets season if I hate them? Would it be Hackenberg having a Bortles-esque rookie season, winning three games, moving the Jets out of QB range and convincing brass that they have something worth exploring in him? Or should I just keep it simple and root for the infamy of 0–16 and worry about Darnold later?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

If the Jets ran Hack out there all season like he was rookie Peyton Manning, he'd probably crack 25 guaranteed and most likely 30 no problem.

I think it's possible Hack might have a form of ball security in that he's just so inaccurate that defenders just have to be lucky that they're in the right spot.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

fsif posted:

What's the ideal outcome for the Jets season if I hate them? Would it be Hackenberg having a Bortles-esque rookie season, winning three games, moving the Jets out of QB range and convincing brass that they have something worth exploring in him? Or should I just keep it simple and root for the infamy of 0–16 and worry about Darnold later?

The Jets' roster sucks so hard that the latter's probably assured, regardless of who's at QB.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

fsif posted:

They'll just ruin Darnold anyway so you're safe either way

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I really don't see why everyone is so high on darnold except for ~usc qb~

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Metapod posted:

Because he was really good last year running a pro style offense?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

He was pretty great in a small sample size. Mechanics and throwing motion are a bit off but his accuracy and arm strength were all on point. He's going to be legit.

e: also pocket presence and ability to run a pro style offense.

Diva Cupcake fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Aug 9, 2017

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Metapod posted:

Watch any USC game before Darnold took over as starter, then watch any of the games after he did. Shouldn't take you long to see it.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Coldforge posted:

Watch any USC game before Darnold took over as starter, then watch any of the games after he did. Shouldn't take you long to see it.

Do not speak ill of cody kessler. he's probably the best QB Cleveland has on the roster right now

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

a patagonian cavy posted:

Do not speak ill of cody kessler. he's probably the best QB Cleveland has on the roster right now

Except B-rock is getting most of the 1st team reps now. We're not done tanking.

Ches Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Aug 9, 2017

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

a patagonian cavy posted:

My favorite team's starting QB is...hang on, Google's slow right now...well anyway, at least you know who your QB is.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Coldforge posted:

My favorite team's starting QB is...hang on, Google's slow right now...well anyway, at least you know who your QB is.

it's andey

until he dies about week 7 and then it's ay jay

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Josh Rosen will be a better pro quarterback than Darnold

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/Cardschatter/status/895363688097501184

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Coldforge posted:

My favorite team's starting QB is...the best Browns QB since they came back.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Kelly Holcomb owned

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

a neat cape posted:

Kelly Holcomb owned

Brian Hoyer as Brown's starter 10-6
Holcomb 4-8

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Another failed first round QB. :smith:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Flikken posted:

Holcomb 4-8

Remember that one year where Derek Anderson of all people looked like he was going to be good?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Flikken posted:

Holcomb 4-8

Playoffs tho

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

a neat cape posted:

Playoffs tho

Couch got them there.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

Remember that one year where Derek Anderson of all people looked like he was going to be good?

DA and Weeden are the same QB.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Randaconda posted:

Another failed first round QB. :smith:

But apparently a good coach. He's calling plays for the Cardinals in the preseason game this week.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Hizawk posted:

That happens when you spend the whole season throwing balls a foot over your receivers' heads.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

a neat cape posted:

Josh Rosen will be a better pro quarterback than Darnold

I can dig it. Darnold will end his career with more rings, though.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Coldforge posted:

I can dig it. Darnold will end his career with more rings, though.

Rosen won't ever get one.

He's going to be a Charger

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

wandler20 posted:

But apparently a good coach. He's calling plays for the Cardinals in the preseason game this week.

Word? That's nice. :unsmith:

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

big money big clit posted:

Pitt had a kicker who's last name was Blewit who blew the game winning kick against Duke a few years ago.

When I was at east Carolina we had a linebacker named lineback which owned

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

That happens when you spend the whole season throwing balls a foot over your receivers' heads.

About Ten (video fidelity makes it a bit blurry) of his interceptions hit the WRs hands before being caught by the defensive back.

That's just insane.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Bobby Beathard is a genius!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

why are you doing this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

a neat cape posted:

why are you doing this

Fun fact: that GM's grandson is now the backup rookie QB for the 49ers.

• Locked thread