Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Where's the ring?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

That new currency is a bit of a stretch.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

bird food bathtub posted:

Assuming of course we even have elections in 2020 instead of "elections".

This is not a concern.

Remember. Congress can remove the President and Trump has.. What.. 33% support? Donnie Dumbass keeps loving around and we will have Mike Pence as the 46th President well before 2020.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Smiling Jack posted:

Not where I work.

Interesting what would you say the turn down rate is in NYC? Even just spittballing a guess.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Oh come on you and I both know you have to be a special kind of stupid or the Judge knows you're banging his wife to get turned down.

I mean does it happen, yeah, but it's harder to not get one than it is to get one.

Popehat did a good write up on federal search warrants.
https://www.popehat.com/2017/08/09/we-interrupt-this-grand-jury-lawsplainer-for-a-search-warrant-lawsplainer/

TLDR: The reason feds get the majority of search warrants submitted approved, is that federal prosecutors tend to have high standards for even bringing one to a magistrate.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Interesting what would you say the turn down rate is in NYC? Even just spittballing a guess.

Zero, because we know the criteria before we go down. OPSEC, but I have significant investigative standards to meet before I get a warrant.

I get shot down by the DA office like 20% of the time and that's when I met their guidelines.

Once a case gets media attention though all that poo poo goes out the window, kinda like bail standards.

Edit: politics has a huge effect also. The Bronx DA issued a massive wiretap of the police union over parking tickets and a judge signed off on it; typically the DA wouldn't have even presented a wiretap application based on the information they had at the time.

Smiling Jack fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Aug 9, 2017

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Ceiling fan posted:

Say, don't states without an income tax usually vote Republican?
There are exceptions: Washington and, lately, Nevada haven't been voting Republican.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Oh and in case anyone gives a poo poo, the reason one of NZ's politicians stepped down is because she openly admitted to benefit fraud to the tune of like $50 a week like 20 years ago.
So my country still has some pretty good 'gently caress the poor' instincts going on.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Genocide Tendency posted:

This is not a concern.

Remember. Congress can remove the President and Trump has.. What.. 33% support? Donnie Dumbass keeps loving around and we will have Mike Pence as the 46th President well before 2020.

A concern from Donnie? No. I agree he's basically incompetence personified and couldn't pull off a Reichstag Fire with both hands and a Molotov cocktail.

Putin would be pretty thrilled to completely rat gently caress the entire election system from the ground up and America has demonstrated pretty convincingly we have a ton of opportunists and ideologues that would hop right on board. How's that election commission coming, and what is the overall directive on election and cyber security again?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/895368791865126912

Real and confirmed by Wal-Mart

https://twitter.com/Walmart/status/895372336865718272

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

shyduck posted:

https://twitter.com/NatEnquirer/status/895298930166177792

The owner of the National Enquirer is a close friend of Trump.

So the distancing begins. Has trump forgotten he ever met flynn yet?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Ceiling fan posted:

And jacking up the standard deduction is a wash in states with an income tax while it gives a huge tax cut in the states without an income tax.

Say, don't states without an income tax usually vote Republican?

Florida, but largely for lack of candidates since the FL Dem party is pretty much a bunch of shuffleboard and cataract visor types who have been in their roles since Nixon. It went for Obama twice but Bush before that and Trump after so I would hesitate to call it even all that swingy but it has the potential to send Dems to Washington even if they have none to send to Tally.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Blind Rasputin posted:

I was referring to the materials for the RV housing. I guess I understand that it's actually quite hard to build the materials that can withstand the extreme heat and pressure of re-entry. I remember reading they were testing some RV prototypes a few months back using jet engine exhaust but I was just wondering if anyone knew anything more. It's one of the last few hurdles for them. They don't even need that good of a targeting and guidance system, and they certainly don't give a poo poo about what type of platform they launch from.

This is from a ways back, but building an RV really isn't that hard. The Russians were doing it back in the 50's. Hell, cork is apparently the active ingredient in some of the lower level insulation NASA uses. Now, if you want to be able to put your RV through the uprights of a football field on the other side of the planet, I imagine that there are a lot of high level technological challenges to overcome, but if you just care about dumping it somewhere in the Greater L.A. Metro Area, it's a solved problem for any country with a rocket program.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

shyduck posted:

Friendship's one thing Donnie, but remember. This is the business we've chosen.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

Cue America, gently caress Yah from Team America, World Police

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

milk milk lemonade posted:

Cue America, gently caress Yah from Team America, World Police

Durka durka?

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Mohammed Jihad

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Bakala

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
hubbedabubbeda hubbedabubbeda hubbedabubbeda

"lieutenant check out theese beetchin' dog"

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Scaramucchi is going to be on Colbert next Monday

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Scaramucchi is going to be on Colbert next Monday

"So Mooch you went undercover in the trump administration, what was it like?"

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

gently caress twitter links. Post the pic.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XmDYJBZZdc

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I count this as the first sex scandal of the Trump Administration.

Jason Miller, chinless wonder and one of Trump's original liars, was basically a shoe-in to be Communications Director after Trump became President. He backed out of the administration and took a CNN commentator position because of rumors that he cheated on his wife on the road with another campaign surrogate, A.J. Delgado. He basically said that he needed to spend more time with his family.

AND WE HAVE A LOVE CHILD!

http://pagesix.com/2017/08/09/ex-trump-staffers-reveal-love-child-after-campaign-trail-sex-scandal/amp/

quote:

The very first sex scandal of Donald Trump’s presidency has just resulted in the birth of a love child.

Married former White House communications director Jason Miller has fathered a son with Trump transition adviser A.J. Delgado following a wild night out in Las Vegas.

Page Six exclusively reported that Miller and Delgado went to a Las Vegas strip club with members of the media the night before Trump’s final debate against Hillary Clinton in late October.

Miller confirmed the birth of their child on Wednesday.

In what feels like light years ago, Miller, who had been the chief spokesman for Trump’s fall 2016 campaign and presidential transition was tapped to be the White House communications director in December.

But he lasted even less time than Anthony Scaramucci, and turned down the plum job two days later.

Miller’s wife gave birth to their second child in January — but Miller was starting another family.

In December, Delgado sarcastically tweeted her congratulations to “the baby-daddy” on his promotion, cryptically adding, “The 2016 version of John Edwards,” referring to John Kerry’s vice-presidential nominee, who famously fathered a child with mistress Rielle Hunter.

Miller then resigned his White House job. Delgado deleted her tweets, changed her number and disappeared to Florida. A few days ago,

Delgado re-emerged, tweeting that she had given birth to a “beautiful son” named William on July 10.

Miller confirmed the birth of his child with Delgado and said his wife had, astonishingly, accepted the news. Miller said in a statement to Page Six, “My wife and I, along with our two daughters, are excited to welcome William into the world and into our family, and we appreciate the well wishes we’ve received from so many.”

Sources said Miller and Delgado have not talked since she revealed the news of her pregnancy and are communicating only through lawyers.

Delgado could not be reached by phone Wednesday, and didn’t respond to messages on social media.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

facialimpediment posted:

Jason Miller, chinless wonder and one of Trump's original liars, was basically a shoe-in to be Communications Director after Trump became President. He backed out of the administration and took a CNN commentator position because of rumors that he cheated on his wife on the road with another campaign surrogate, A.J. Delgado. He basically said that he needed to spend more time with his family.

http://pagesix.com/2017/08/09/ex-trump-staffers-reveal-love-child-after-campaign-trail-sex-scandal/amp/

The definition of a 'chinless wonder':

quote:

(Britain, derogatory) An ineffectual upper-class male, typically dim-witted and of a weak or indecisive character, frequently one who gained his position via nepotism or other social connections.

I think that describes most of Trumps staff.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Nice bloattee.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

LingcodKilla posted:

Nice bloattee.

look up that word in the dictionary and it's just a picture of him

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Oh god was that his "oh" face?

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

tastefully arranged labia posted:

look up that word in the dictionary and it's just a picture of him

"2 for 1 suit sale at Kohl's? Alright!"

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

Nice bloattee.

so hell of whispy a spider covets

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Fister Roboto posted:

Man, you know French people got it light on the face!

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

https://twitter.com/ummmno21/status/895502519950082048

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Fister Roboto posted:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
We might go to war about 3 minutes after Trump sees this on the morning news.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

shyduck posted:

Enquirer readers are pretty much his base right?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

tastefully arranged labia posted:

Man, you know French people got it light on the face!

dogg I cannot brook the gossamer bloatee

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

facialimpediment posted:

ANOTHER loving MILLER

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

do you think stephen miller ever got laid

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

do you think stephen miller ever got laid

gently caress no

the only thing he got even from hookers was refunds