Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Paladine_PSoT posted:

How satisfying was rejecting THAT phone call?

Having 3 different ex-coworkers tell me about it really made my day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Dick Trauma posted:

I'll be keeping an Exchange server on-prem for service accounts so I guess I can upgrade that from 2010 to something modern. Even if we double in size we'll still be pretty small so I'm not concerned about user management.

Just FYI 365 includes a license for 2016 so you can run a hybrid server, with the caveat that you can't store any mailboxes on it. So you'd need a separate Exchange license if you wanted to actually store service account mailboxes locally. Or you could make them shared mailboxes in 365, which requires no license and they can send and receive mail, but not directly (you can't login directly to them and an automated process therefore can't use them to send mail - you have to be logged in as a licensed user and then have send as access on the shared mailbox).

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
The link to get that hybrid on-prem key is here: http://aka.ms/hybridkey

Super Slash
Feb 20, 2006

You rang ?
Awww yea, new job contract just came in the post :yotj:

Meanwhile the boss is still changing the new office layout every day when precious time is ticking away AND decided to change contractors when my guy is still doing surveys, just pondering tomorrow's delivery when I...

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nesaM killed Masen
What is that image from :stare:

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
Google says Ukraine?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
My boss and the CFO just had a meeting with me about "why are you breaking up with me". I am just in day 3 of my notice and I don't expect to last the day. My CFO is notorious for not letting people finish their notice period or paying them leftover pto that exceeds what the law requires. gently caress him, I don't care.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Sickening posted:

My boss and the CFO just had a meeting with me about "why are you breaking up with me". I am just in day 3 of my notice and I don't expect to last the day. My CFO is notorious for not letting people finish their notice period or paying them leftover pto that exceeds what the law requires. gently caress him, I don't care.

I think I missed it, which gig are you going to?

Please tell me it's the cool hipster one with the 24 year old bossman

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Judge Schnoopy posted:

I think I missed it, which gig are you going to?

Please tell me it's the cool hipster one with the 24 year old bossman

Yes. The money and benefits they are offering was just loving bananas. The facilities are so loving modern already and they are just expanding it out.

And since there is no dress code, the female population has decided yoga pants and tank tops are the norm. Getting to wear whatever I want is also a plus. The 10 minute drive from my house and all meals, snacks, drinks, and everything else I can think of is paid by the company doesn't hurt either.

My new boss isn't 24 it seems, he is 28. He is also paid less than me per the CIO I had my last meeting with. I don't know if that is going to be awkward but I am not bringing it up.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
What was the offer at the new place?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

What was the offer at the new place?

It was a very healthy 6 figures plus 5 weeks pto. I also got some really nice flexible spending account sums paid for by the company plus wfh options I wanted.

They basically gave me anything I asked for and more, which left me thinking I could have been greedier.

Sickening fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Aug 9, 2017

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
Hot drat I look forward to the day I get that. I thought I was coasting good with my 3 week vacation.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

CLAM DOWN posted:

What is that image from :stare:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sknyliv_air_show_disaster

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Sickening posted:

:toot:

Japanese Dating Sim
Nov 12, 2003

hehe
Lipstick Apathy

Sickening posted:

Yes. The money and benefits they are offering was just loving bananas. The facilities are so loving modern already and they are just expanding it out.

And since there is no dress code, the female population has decided yoga pants and tank tops are the norm. Getting to wear whatever I want is also a plus. The 10 minute drive from my house and all meals, snacks, drinks, and everything else I can think of is paid by the company doesn't hurt either.

My new boss isn't 24 it seems, he is 28. He is also paid less than me per the CIO I had my last meeting with. I don't know if that is going to be awkward but I am not bringing it up.

Having someone who is your junior on every measurable scale apart from time at the company might get awkward, but it definitely sounds like everything else more than makes up for it. Congrats on the pod. :yotj:

Sickening posted:

It was a very healthy 6 figures plus 5 weeks pto. I also got some really nice flexible spending account sums paid for by the company plus wfh options I wanted.

They basically gave me anything I asked for and more, which left me thinking I could have been greedier.
I was wondering if you were going to counter when you mentioned how good the offer was.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Eh, highly specialized or skilled IT folks can sometimes make more than their bosses. Shouldn't be weird.

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

Japanese Dating Sim posted:

Having someone who is your junior on every measurable scale apart from time at the company might get awkward, but it definitely sounds like everything else more than makes up for it. Congrats on the pod. :yotj:

I worked for a while with a director who was ten years younger than his youngest direct report, and younger than all but a handful of the people in the entire org. He was also smart as hell, energetic, and a conscious student of the art of leadership. It was a pleasure working for him. Unfortunately he also brought a lot of guys with him from previous jobs and never seemed to notice that they were not students of the art of leadership, or even interested in being good leaders. They just expected that their relationship with the director would be enough to make people defer to them. The entire thing fell apart horribly when the director moved on.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Japanese Dating Sim posted:

I was wondering if you were going to counter when you mentioned how good the offer was.

It was funny because during the negotiation I asked the CIO what he asked for. He laughed and actually was honest with me to some degree. I won't have my own office anymore, but nobody but the CEO does at this place. I will however build my system in whatever way I want when I get there and my department has a full time assistant that does all our clerical work. The company also had me measured for tailored tshirts and button ups with the company branding. It was all first class.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Jesus Christ that's amazing. Super jealous. We can't even get free loving coffee here.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

That sounds completely insane. Congrats! :yotj:

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Sickening posted:

The company also had me measured for tailored tshirts and button ups with the company branding. It was all first class.

Whoa

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I have ADFS, and am working on integrating Azure MFA Server.

Is anyone aware of a way to detect setting up a new client application (Outlook, Onedrive, etc.) through adfs claims rules?

In case this is an xy problem:

I currently trigger MFA only if the user is outside of our network, and is logging in to a relying-party through a web browser. I currently let traffic coming from client applications bypass mfa, because gently caress app-passwords, and modern authentication in some applications has been unreliable.
But I'd like to find a way to prevent new client setups outside of our network entirely.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

GreenNight posted:

Jesus Christ that's amazing. Super jealous. We can't even get free loving coffee here.

What the gently caress? I don't even drink coffee and I'm pretty sure I'd quit a place that didn't offer free coffee. It's one of the best investments into your employees that you can make.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

And cheap, too.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

It's 45 cents for a god drat cup and it doesn't even fill up the cup. I have my own coffee maker at my desk now. So does most people. It's idiotic. I complain about it on every survey.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Free coffee is like free money for the company. How do you screw that up?

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Sickening posted:

It was funny because during the negotiation I asked the CIO what he asked for. He laughed and actually was honest with me to some degree. I won't have my own office anymore, but nobody but the CEO does at this place. I will however build my system in whatever way I want when I get there and my department has a full time assistant that does all our clerical work. The company also had me measured for tailored tshirts and button ups with the company branding. It was all first class.

I'm super stoked for you, but your situation sets off my spidey sense a little bit. I wish the best, but if this was me, I would make sure I was prepared with 6 months expenses in the bank, just in case the rug gets pulled out of the whole deal unexpectedly. I'm not saying it will be, but I get whiffs of the tech boom. One day everyone is flying high, free poo poo everywhere and mad cash, the next the doors are locked, and everyone is out of a job.

I guess just be prepared for the fairy tale to end suddenly. You might already be, but it's worth mentioning anyway.

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Free coffee is like free money for the company. How do you screw that up?

It can be an expensive line item that jumps out when bean counters start looking at easy ways to save money. At a call center we ran, the coffee services bill like 4K-5K a month. Granted that was for like 450 employees. We started off a decent brand of coffee,all 3 artificial sweeteners plus sugar, and like 6 flavors of creamers. Towards the end the only thing being ordered the cheapest coffee and those bulk containers of sugar and non dairy creamer. It didn't help the rear end in a top hat employees were literally taking hundreds of packets of Splenda and dozens of creamers home.

skipdogg fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Aug 9, 2017

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

The Fool posted:

I have ADFS...

I must spend too much time in Goon Doctor because I immediately was trying to figure out what illness this was. Acute Distributed Fuckhead Syndrome?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

skipdogg posted:

I'm super stoked for you, but your situation sets off my spidey sense a little bit. I wish the best, but if this was me, I would make sure I was prepared with 6 months expenses in the bank, just in case the rug gets pulled out of the whole deal unexpectedly. I'm not saying it will be, but I get whiffs of the tech boom. One day everyone is flying high, free poo poo everywhere and mad cash, the next the doors are locked, and everyone is out of a job.

I guess just be prepared for the fairy tale to end suddenly. You might already be, but it's worth mentioning anyway.

I understand totally. The wife and I are in a spot where my paycheck just goes into the bank for retirement and savings and all expenses/entertainment/whatever comes out of her teacher paycheck. We bought our first house after the market crashed so we got so much more house for the $ and the house prices in our area have increased dramatically. Its basically a race to retirement at this point.

The company I am going to currently leads its market by a huge margin and their insane growth has caused some pain points for them. My job posting had been open since feb, so part of it is me coming in at the right time.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

skipdogg posted:

It can be an expensive line item that jumps out when bean counters start looking at easy ways to save money. At a call center we ran, the coffee services bill like 4K-5K a month. Granted that was for like 450 employees. We started off a decent brand of coffee,all 3 artificial sweeteners plus sugar, and like 6 flavors of creamers. Towards the end the only thing being ordered the cheapest coffee and those bulk containers of sugar and non dairy creamer. It didn't help the rear end in a top hat employees were literally taking hundreds of packets of Splenda and dozens of creamers home.

Even my current company supplies all that plus plastic silverwear. We just have a camera on that area in case there things become a problem.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
Guys, I'm having a brain fart. I'm sure I've done this before, but how do I set up an auto-reply and forwarding on an O365 mailbox from the back end? Google's being a PITA and only showing how to do it from the user side.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Guys, I'm having a brain fart. I'm sure I've done this before, but how do I set up an auto-reply and forwarding on an O365 mailbox from the back end? Google's being a PITA and only showing how to do it from the user side.

code:
$user = "user@contoso.com"
$adminCredentials = Get-Credentials
$message = "This is the auto-reply message text"

$Session = New-PSSession -ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange -ConnectionUri https://outlook.office365.com/powershell-liveid/ -Credential $adminCredential -Authentication Basic -AllowRedirection
Import-PSSession $Session
Get-Mailbox $user | Set-Mailbox -ForwardingAddress $destinationEmail
Set-MailboxAutoReplyConfiguration -Identity $user -AutoReplyState Enabled -InternalMessage $message ExternalMessage $message
Need to log in to exchange first though: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj984289(v=exchg.160).aspx

edit: expanded code to something you could paste into ISE and edit
e2: fixed auto-url

The Fool fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Aug 9, 2017

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

GreenNight posted:

It's 45 cents for a god drat cup and it doesn't even fill up the cup. I have my own coffee maker at my desk now. So does most people. It's idiotic. I complain about it on every survey.

Don't you work for a government contractor? Sounds typical.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

Sickening posted:

I can walk to my new gig if I want to, so I feel you on the commute reduction. I'll also get a bunch of toys to play with, and they've told me that money isn't really an object when it comes to getting things done in the best possible way.

Way different from the begging and pleading necessary just to keep the lights on where I am now.

Sprechensiesexy
Dec 26, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GreenNight posted:

How is the attrition rate at your company not well above the 2000000%?

Literally: "I walked in on my first day, found out I had to pay for coffee and walked out"

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Sprechensiesexy posted:

Literally: "I walked in on my first day, found out I had to pay for coffee and walked out"

Nothing quite reinforces the "We do not value you at all" feeling more than being charged to buy coffee so you can stay awake doing work for your Job Creator to get rich on.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Sprechensiesexy posted:

I'm confused as to why the coffee machine isn't mysteriously broken every time you go to use it. :iiam:

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.

Sickening posted:

I will however build my system in whatever way I want when I get there

I hear three RAID-5 arrays in software RAID-0 works great.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Nuclearmonkee posted:

Nothing quite reinforces the "We do not value you at all" feeling more than being charged to buy coffee so you can stay awake doing work for your Job Creator to get rich on.

I worked at a place that made us account for every phone call we made that wasn't local.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Goddamn waiting until Friday to hear back about an offer letter is the worst. It's like my current job is suddenly getting worse, or maybe it's the fact that I can no longer contain my rage.