Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

WHATCHA GONNA DO WHEN WINTERMANIA COMES DOWN ON YA, BROTHER?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Jon Snow and Dany Targ join forces, but it looks like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDWalFmERhY

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I read that Bran Dumfuck is going to tell his bastard brother that he's not a bastard, because, like Rhaegar Fucks Teenage Girls Targ totally had his marriage to Elia YOU RAPED HER YOU MURDERED HER YOU KILLED HER CHILDREN Martell annulled, then married Lyanna I RUIN EVERYTHING Stark.

Because that's totally something a prince, married to the most powerful family in the land, can do, especially when he has two kids already. poo poo, it worked out fine for Henry VIII, right?

Seriously someone besides Robert should have called that fucker out. Nope, it's cool man, Rhaegar was tits awesome, especially how he left his wife and kids with Crazy Firebomb Rapist Dad while he boned a 15 year old girl.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
This Rhaegar dude sounds like a real piece of poo poo.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Best part is he did it all because he read a book and convinced himself he was the chosen one.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

i thought sam the weirdly resourceful fatass was gonna parse jon snu's heritage in the books of oldetowne

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Is tormund gonna die this episode?

Yes.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Toadvine posted:

Yes.

Nah, the penultimate episode is going to be a straight, no-cut, 55 minute pound sesh with Brienne.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Nah, the penultimate episode is going to be a straight, no-cut, 55 minute pound sesh with Brienne.

Finally!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

nooneofconsequence posted:

Best part is he did it all because he read a book and convinced himself he was the chosen one.

Yes indeed. And some wording about a dragon having three heads, so he took that to mean it had to be him and two siblings. Somehow his much abused mom never had any good pregnancies for about a decade, then finally had Gold Crown Wannabe Sisterfucker, and by then Rhaegar decided the story was about HIS kids, so clearly when he only had two, time to grab up a teenager and make a third.

Assuming Lyanna ran off with Prince Fucktard, I really really hope someone sat her down and explained in detail what happened. Your brother and dad? Yeah one was burned alive and the other was strangled trying to save him. Your prince got his chest caved in, and his wife, you know, you are the other woman she's the loving wife, got HER head caved in after she watched her children murdered. Oh, and half the country is dead.

Seriously if she had lived, that would have been the best revenge possible. No no, sweetie, not only did your Prince Fucktard die, but nearly all your family is dead but you get to marry Robert anyway!

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Toadvine posted:

Yes.

apparently the only named death is the man red priest whose name i dont recall, and john snow almost dies but gets dragon rescued

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I hope gurm dies this episode

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Blue Raider posted:

apparently the only named death is the man red priest whose name i dont recall, and john snow almost dies but gets dragon rescued

lmao don't forget the Sand Snakes

Literally everyone else did

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.
The sand snakes took a turn for the worse when they killed Doran Martell and undid an unmentioned plot regarding killing Lannisters where introduced as bad subplot.

I will miss the bad poossy. Especially the tits.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

El Padrino posted:

I will miss the bad poossy. Especially the tits.

:rip:

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

The whole Operation Snake-Eater plotline was such a waste. Season 5 was only redeemed by the fight against the White Walkers in the penultimate episode.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Cowslips Warren posted:

Seriously someone besides Robert should have called that fucker out. Nope, it's cool man, Rhaegar was tits awesome, especially how he left his wife and kids with Crazy Firebomb Rapist Dad while he boned a 15 year old girl.

I mean to be fair half the kingdoms revolted and overthrew the royal family.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

gently caress that.
They need to end the wars this season, against queen and the iceman.
All next season should be the "no-cut pound sesh."

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

COMRADES posted:

I mean to be fair half the kingdoms revolted and overthrew the royal family.

Well yeah, because Prince rear end in a top hat ran away with a noble lady. People like to blame the crazy king for the war, but it wasn't like the kingdom was ready to revolt and torch poo poo until Lyanna did her walk of shame off into the sunset.

The funny part I remember from the books was pre-runaway Lyanna bemoaning to her brother that Robert, not yet married or engaged, had a bastard daughter (that he was somewhat remotely taking care of) and he would never stay in one bed so....so of course she didn't want to marry him! So instead she ran away and literally became the Other Woman to a married man because he was....somehow better than Robert by abandoning his wife and kids to be with her.

Still made NO loving sense in the show when Ned gets the baby, sees about a dozen witnesses to the baby's birth and parentage, and one imagines he lets them all go (now if the show had shown him cutting down all those women, okay, he gets a pass) but instead lies to his wife about the baby and fucks up the baby's life for the next 17 years because he can totally trust a dozen people loyal to the Targs but can't tell his own wife, hey, this kid is my bastard nephew, don't hate him, k?

I think the only reason Jon Snow survived childhood is because Cat was never left alone with that baby and a pillow.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Cowslips Warren posted:

I think the only reason Jon Snow survived childhood is because Cat was never left alone with that baby and a pillow.

I'm pretty sure that Cat was the sort of woman who'd protect her nephew with her life if she'd had known. I mean the only way a secret stays secret is if only one person knows the secret, but what the gently caress Ned. You live in a world where people just die all the time, gotta have fallbacks.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Outrail posted:

I'm pretty sure that Cat was the sort of woman who'd protect her nephew with her life if she'd had known. I mean the only way a secret stays secret is if only one person knows the secret, but what the gently caress Ned. You live in a world where people just die all the time, gotta have fallbacks.

This is the reason why I, until the moment it happened, never believed that Jun Snoo was Rhagar/Lyanna's son. Because Ned would have told his wife about it if he was.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Maybe Ned knew Cat was an even bigger idiot than himself.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Glenn Quebec posted:

Maybe Ned knew Cat was an even bigger idiot than himself.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
TBH, she started the freaking war that annihilated her own family because she trusted littlefinger of all people. So he wasn't wrong about not telling her :v

Rob was also a moron though so maybe it ran in the family?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

DoctorStrangelove posted:

This is the reason why I, until the moment it happened, never believed that Jun Snoo was Rhagar/Lyanna's son. Because Ned would have told his wife about it if he was.

She hated Jon. It made the ruse believable. Still stupid as gently caress. But so was Ned. And Cat. And Robb. And Arya. And Sansa. And everyone and everything about this show except Bronn.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Cowslips Warren posted:

Still made NO loving sense in the show when Ned gets the baby, sees about a dozen witnesses to the baby's birth and parentage, and one imagines he lets them all go (now if the show had shown him cutting down all those women, okay, he gets a pass) but instead lies to his wife about the baby and fucks up the baby's life for the next 17 years because he can totally trust a dozen people loyal to the Targs but can't tell his own wife, hey, this kid is my bastard nephew, don't hate him, k?

Yeah in the book iirc it was just Ned and what's-his-name the Crannogman dude at the end. And baby Jon obv.

Outrail posted:

He made an oath to his dying sister that he wouldn't tell anyone.

I probably still would have told Cat but you know - Eddard Stark too honorable to take a poo poo.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
Ned, Cat, and Robb were all stubborn morons. The remaining Stark children don't necessarily get a pass either, because while their age, inexperience, and physical limitations offered them very little agency to affect their situations, they survived simply because other people made it possible. They still have plenty of time to get themselves killed.

Rickon excluded. He isn't even a character.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

oh dope posted:

Ned, Cat, and Robb were all stubborn morons. The remaining Stark children don't necessarily get a pass either, because while their age, inexperience, and physical limitations offered them very little agency to affect their situations, they survived simply because other people made it possible. They still have plenty of time to get themselves killed.

Rickon excluded. He isn't even a character.

We saw little of Rickon, but what we saw showed he was a moron: running in a straight line when someone is shooting arrows at you.

I hope Sansa dies by getting raped to death by reanimated Ramsay.
I hope Bran dies by warging into a tree that burns down.
I hope Arya dies.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Waltzing Along posted:

We saw little of Rickon, but what we saw showed he was a moron: running in a straight line when someone is shooting arrows at you.

I hope Sansa dies by getting raped to death by reanimated Ramsay.
I hope Bran dies by warging into a tree that burns down.
I hope Arya dies.

Are you feeling ok dude? :stare: (Second one would be pretty funny though)

Maybe if all Starks die the slumbering old god under Winterfell would finally awake and stomp the whole world under its tentacles. There must always be a stark in winterfell after all.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I hope Bran dies by warging into his own poo poo then not being able to get out. So he just stays as his own poo poo for the rest of the series kind of like how Ginyu turned into a frog

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
I hope an old god steps on some people

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
I hope tyrion dies, he's been super boring lately.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Blue Raider posted:

Oh thank god. I love that tall rugged bear-lover

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat

Decebal posted:

Jorah Mormont got so easily away from a disease that (in the books at least) is equal to muscular dystrophy basically

it's very obviously leprosy dude

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Actually I believe it affects the myelin in the brain and is more akin to adrenoleukodystrophy.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
The stakes have disappeared. Deaths aren't permanent, diseases are curable. Hope the night king eats everyone's balls.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I hope he powerbottoms jon snow into submission

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

TBH, she started the freaking war that annihilated her own family because she trusted littlefinger of all people. So he wasn't wrong about not telling her :v

Rob was also a moron though so maybe it ran in the family?

cat is in the running for Dumbest Character along with literally every other character except onion hands and Qyburn

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

im cute posted:

cat is in the running for Dumbest Character along with literally every other character except onion hands and Qyburn

Look at this stupid gently caress here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

remigious posted:

I hope tyrion dies, he's been super boring lately.

I think at this point Tyrion is so boring and useless if he died most people would be meh about it