Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

Only when making coffee, if you call "needing coffee" a human emotion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Back in Week 1 when Cody actually hung around hu-man beings it was one of my favorite things in the Live Feed thread to gif images of him being stone faced in a crowd of people. Sadly ever since then its just him cuddling with Jess.

And yeah, sometimes when the coffee machine gets mad at him. Its his only other friend.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I have been meaning to ask. With how awful the house reacted to Jody in the last episode, and with everything that has gone on to reach that point, is this the most toxic the house has ever been? I know the answer is probably no, because I remember 15 being pretty awful, and whatever season that Evil Dick was on was pretty bad. I just figured those that watch the feeds may have a better answer. I only stay in this thread, and try to avoid any other internet discussion for fear of spoilers.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't think its near as bad as it was last season, BB15, or probably many other times. Last week was bad but I could probably name 20 worse blowups. Paulie and Paul last season or the stuff thrown at Tiffany. A bunch of Aaryn, Amanda, and GM blowups in BB15 and the vile treatment of Candice and Elissa (and Elissa being pretty nasty a few times). Evel Dick. Keisha's birthday. Ronnie, Chima, and a bunch of other BB11 things. Janelle and Howie in BB6 and Janelle nearly coming to blows with that little dude. loving BB9. The bar is pretty hard and no one on BB19 has yet to cheer a HG's father killing himself.

My opinion, and there are many who disagree, is that most of the toxicity in the house comes from Jody. They ostracize themselves, act entitled, and stir up poo poo. They set up a cliquish social order in Week 1. When Mark gets into drama its usually defending them. When Jody aren't around the house is pretty calm and gets along. Paul picked a fight with Dom but that was after she had already completely melted down and turned everyone in the house against her. Paul's an antagonist and a bully but most everyone else seems to get along well. Its basically Jody and Paul.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Thanks for the reply.

I think I have mentioned it before, but since no one remembers each individual post I make, I will say that BB15 is the only season I stopped watching of the seasons that I have watched (BB1, BB6 to BB8, and then BB14-onwards). I don't remember if it was a specific incident, but I do remember that I just hated everyone in the game at a certain point.

Also, remembering back to BB6, I can't believe how awful the Friendship alliance was for me to actually align with the awfulness of Janelle.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I don't think anything Josh or the others have done has quite reached the level of Janelle and Howie but I feel like my reaction to it is kind of the same deal. In a vacuum I'd absolutely have a problem with it and probably hate Josh. But since I find Jody so toxic and saw them and Mark bully Josh for weeks it just kind of feels earned and just somehow.

Like, I still think back and say "I love Janelle." And then I think of the stuff Janelle actually did and said and am like "wait... I shouldn't love that." But its a real testament to context and perspective.

There were some people to theoretically root for in BB15 but they were largely passive non-players like Candice and Jess who you sympathized with for getting bullied but couldn't really root for. Elissa was that weird Janelle kind of character where in another season, in another context her entitled attitude, the fact that she got the MVP advantage as Rachel's sister, and snarky comments to people could have made her the season's villain. But when she was calling out racism and being the victim of bullying by Aaryn and Amanda then it created a kind of anti-hero.

For me Janelle, Elissa, and Josh are "anti-heroes", I guess.

Incidentally I also think that's the reason some feedsters like Jody. They see them as the anti-heroes to Paul. Others just love them and think they've done nothing wrong, but I think some acknowledge Jody's flaws but just see Paul as the bigger evil.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Boy Elena sure does get mad when confronted with the fact that she's terrible at Big Brother.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
I liked that comp.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Jessica with precisely 15 minutes, Cody with precisely 3 minutes

Ok

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

15 minutes was probably just the max time and she timed out.

Mahoning posted:

Boy Elena sure does get mad when confronted with the fact that she's terrible at Big Brother.

That's her move!

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Why is Josh so dead set on getting out Elena, when Cody and Jessica are vastly more likely to win competitions and the two of them both fought with Josh and tried to get him out of the house? It seems an odd choice for him.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Orange Sunshine posted:

Why is Josh so dead set on getting out Elena, when Cody and Jessica are vastly more likely to win competitions and the two of them both fought with Josh and tried to get him out of the house? It seems an odd choice for him.

It seems like it is solely because she voted against him last week.

I think I have been blinded by my Jody dislike, but man, Josh and Paul are really unlikable. I kind of forgot that I didn't really like Paul last year, even if I wanted him to win over Nicole.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The narrative has been very focused on "Cody and Jess" but Josh's target makes a lot more sense if you consider that he and Christmas seem to see it as "Cody, Jess, Mark, and Elena." Its not as much that they were the votes against him 2 weeks ago as it is that the reason they were the votes against him is because they're working with Cody and Jess.

So that end Josh simply sees four targets and thinks Elena is the biggest threat of them because she's the only one of the four that hasn't burned bridges all over the house and made a house full of enemies. And who can actually play a social game and convince people of stuff, things Cody, Jess, and Mark are wholly incapable of doing.

There's some other reasoning but it might get spoilery and factor into the next few episodes.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I am so loving bored of Jess and Cody

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Why would you be bored of the exact same storyline that's been going for 6 weeks with only 3 people evicted?

I've actually enjoyed this season for a lot of reasons but the Pendant of Protection/BattleBack/Hex combo was such a poorly conceived over abundance of powers and second chances all at once. It just dragged this game to a halt and I really hope we can finally move on tomorrow.

In the ways I have enjoyed this season, I'm totally biased as I hate Jody, but I thought that whole Ring of Replacement thing was kind of an epic Big Brother moment. Just all the "JustBlink" stuff and Christmas totally hamming it up and the combination of reactions from Alex being giddy for chaos, Mark being dumbfounded to what was happening, and Cody being crushed. As I said, I know I'm biased so that's probably shaping it but its been stuff like that that's still kept this an entertaining season despite this quicksand of "Jody vs Paul."

Also, Mark sure did love that cannoli joke, didn't he?

edit: Also, OTEV the punny, vulgar, possessed piglet was kind of amazing.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Aug 10, 2017

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

Why would you be bored of the exact same storyline that's been going for 6 weeks with only 3 people evicted?

Also there was so much of it tonight. If Jess doesn't leave tomorrow then uuuggghhh.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
OTEP was great this year.

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes
OTEV puke-hammering all of the guys in the balls made me giggle uncontrollably every time.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

In general they've gone above and beyond with the competitions this season. That haunted house comp from Sunday was great.

pospysyl fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Aug 10, 2017

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006
I'd like to give credit to the editors for Christmas's squeaky wheel sound effects with her cart.

I cracked up at the "truck reversing" sound when she was walking away from Jessica.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, they're having all kinds of fun with that.

Which is great because the scooter is all kinds of fun.

Someone should break their foot every season.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
No lie, I want a scooter like that even though I'm perfectly able-bodied at the moment.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Your Taint posted:

No lie, I want a scooter like that even though I'm perfectly able-bodied at the moment.
You want I should break yer fookin' legs? I know a few goombas at the Cape that'll do it for a carton of cigs and a dozen lottery scratchers ~ Kevin

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

:siren: PREVIOUSLY... ON VICTIM NOISES BIIIIIIG BROTHERRRRRRRR! :siren:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think you meant Previously on PLEASE JUST EVICT SOMEONE FINALLY!!!!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Sure, Jess. Its pathetic it took this long. It's not like Cody was already evicted once and came back and then you were both on the block but you had a gift super power.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Lol... "I may have ESPN" ~ Kevin

Kevin loving rules but he's playing dangerous right now.
Then again, Kevin has done this all along.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

"I may have ESPN or something."

Kevin confirmed as a Mean Girls fan

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Kevin needed to lay low for another two weeks. Dumb making his move right now.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Say what you want about Josh's body, guys, he showed a pretty good 40 time running into the house and reading Paul's lines

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Wow. That made Jess and Cody look wayyyy worse than I thought it would.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That was actually a soft edit for Jody. It skipped the part where Cody got in Josh's face and threatened him outside the house.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Wow... Josh is a dork but boy howdy did he let Jody dig their grave.
And he was trying hard to get Elena out.

Jess is gonna see this and feel like a world class rear end after seeing what really happened.
Either that, or she'll be too busy setting up house for her and Cody after the wrap show complete with a punching wall for Cody.

And then there is the clients... yeah Cody is gonna have a real hard time making this "relationship" work.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Please boo Jess
Please boo Jess
Please boo Jess
Please boo Jess
Please boo Jess

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

So in 19 seasons of Big Brother has a HOH ever failed to get his or her target because the pawn was such a beligerant rear end in a top hat that she refused to speak to the HOH to find out she's the pawn and decided to publicly berate him and and just be a total rear end in a top hat in general?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Oh it's Matt.

I remember him, he's in the house!

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Mahoning posted:

Please boo Jess
Please boo Jess
Please boo Jess
Please boo Jess
Please boo Jess
She'll get a small smattering of boos but it'll get drown out.
I'm more concerned about the TMZ crowd followers that'll attempt to destroy her.

No one deserves that.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Eltoasto posted:

Oh it's Matt.

I remember him, he's in the house!

I honestly feel horrible for all the white-dude-with-muscles casting alternates

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

~Don't worry Cody she'll wait for you~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

huge pile of hamburger
Nov 4, 2009
Lol gently caress jess

• Locked thread