Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

In Training posted:

I failed on the first track like 6 times and now I'm trying different ones and they're all way easier
I hadn't played a MK game in like 5 years and it took me a while to figure out that the meta for the game is to max out handling and accell as much as possible. Top speed doesn't really matter since you'll wanna be boosting around every single corner anyway. Once I swapped to a handling loadout (baby luigi / pipe motorcycle / rollers) it got much easier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bill Barber posted:

I hadn't played a MK game in like 5 years and it took me a while to figure out that the meta for the game is to max out handling and accell as much as possible. Top speed doesn't really matter since you'll wanna be boosting around every single corner anyway. Once I swapped to a handling loadout (baby luigi / pipe motorcycle / rollers) it got much easier.

Does top speed not affect your boosting/max coin speed? I usually go full handle/top speed with a Rosalina motorcycle

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

In Training posted:

Does top speed not affect your boosting/max coin speed? I usually go full handle/top speed with a Rosalina motorcycle
I have no idea I just know I used Luigi/F1-Racer/Slicks and I was treading water and then when I switched to tiny loadout I was doing much better.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Bill Barber posted:

*checks the 'games you beat 2016' thread* hmm this checks out.

Don't step to me punk bitch.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

rediscover posted:

'twas merely a joke. sorry my dudde.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've got a flight tomorrow...what's the best NEO GEO game on Switch. I already have KOF98 but I don't think I'll be grinding out Athena combos at 40,000 feet

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Turf Masters is really good if you're into golf games.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bill Barber posted:

Turf Masters is really good if you're into golf games.

I was thinking either this or a Metal Slug

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

rediscover posted:

the gently caress is your deal lately

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

i think turf masters is better for a flight since i normally only play metal slug for about half an hour before i want to play something else

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

ArfJason posted:

"Lately"??

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

In Training posted:

I've got a flight tomorrow...what's the best NEO GEO game on Switch. I already have KOF98 but I don't think I'll be grinding out Athena combos at 40,000 feet

Aero Fighters 2 or Blazing Star if you want a shmup

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Btw MK8 just took a patch. I have no clue what it includes

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
are there any decent cases for the switch that arent super embarrassing looking

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
I just got MK8 today having not played MK since like wii days and screamed wheeeee out louad as a grown man lol

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

bump_fn posted:

duhh the loving sheikah slate case. unles...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

emoji posted:

I just got MK8 today having not played MK since like wii days and screamed wheeeee out louad as a grown man lol

I played a shtload of it on Wii U and will play a bunch of it again, it's a really sick game.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

Shock Troopers 1

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

bump_fn posted:

i like the game traveler ones

attn: frank.club

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVU3hQ_rCvg

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

The Mario kart 8 staff ghosts are really hit or miss. I had a tough time in dry dry desert but that's mostly because I'm a "top speed" purist which means my handling is rear end

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The Monster Hunter XX demo is out on Switch. This new monster is insane

Soral
May 30, 2009

ArfJason posted:

pre-teens are frequently moody because of their raging hormones

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

ArfJason posted:

Idk what you mean exactly but that post wasn't supposed to read as a stone cold take down or whatever.. Just banter

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

metal slug 3s the best one but its way better co-op, turf masters IMO. org et blaster master, its like 5 bucks and pwns

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

HolePisser1982 posted:

Neogaf master gamer:
Boxed retail hype overload! Triple dipping on this! My display case is about to get a bit more epic, the Braid Legendary Edition will be in godly company

Miserable Imp Zone dipshit denied the true glory of gaming:
Lol indy games. two and a half pages of Rich Evans emptyquotes because apparently that's cool

lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Evil Eagle posted:

The Monster Hunter XX demo is out on Switch. This new monster is insane

it looks liek poo poo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

so is that Switch game a port of the 3DS game because those screenies look like the same game with less blurry pixels

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

yyup. barely even upscaled it. it looks like dogsht in tv mode

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

so is that Switch game a port of the 3DS game because those screenies look like the same game with less blurry pixels

That's what it is just like the Wii u version of 3u. I'd still rather play it on Switch than 3ds.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sure, it will look nice in handheld mode too probably. I think most of my friends are jumping to world though

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm not hyped for world at all right now. I need proof that it's going to have more than like 20-30 monsters

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Fungah! posted:

yyup. barely even upscaled it. it looks like dogsht in tv mode

i meant the monster, but the game doesn't look good either :cawg:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Evil Eagle posted:

I'm not hyped for world at all right now. I need proof that it's going to have more than like 20-30 monsters

muh rath and yian kut clones! noooooo! altho capcom are lazy and lovely enough to make every monster in world a yian kut clone.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

It's more muh new monsters from 3,4 and Generations. They can delete every shitmon from earlier gens if they want

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I once played a demo of a Monster Hunter game and I hated it so much that I swore I would never hunt a monster again. This is my Monster Hunter story. Thank you for listening.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

your loss guy

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Bongo Bill posted:

I once played a demo of a Monster Hunter game and I hated it so much that I swore I would never hunt a monster again. This is my Monster Hunter story. Thank you for listening.

fail

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

rediscover posted:

Idk what you mean exactly but that post wasn't supposed to read as a stone cold take down or whatever.. Just banter

One thing I learned from imp zone is everyone's busting each other's chops in good fun. Everyone gets too sensitive in games though.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

rediscover posted:

Hm, apologies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

HolePisser1982 posted:

Shock Troopers 1

This one! Also breakers revenge if u want a fighting game that doesn't get enough attention