Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I don't get what the hang up is, just put focus on boss killers and SP regen on poo poo you want to use to kill buffed up gespensts and stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dance Officer posted:

Like I said, SP regen is only good if you don't know how to play OG1/2. Focus is what allows you to spam the hell out of HTB cannon. And what gives your support batteries more shots of Hope/Rouse/Renew/Enable. Having a decent SP setup like this is what allows you to trivialize the end game, even on EX hard mode.

Eh. Honestly, you're overstating Focus there. It certainly helps but in those strategies it is far from the most important player and doesn't actually add much to it. If you're pulling the "deploy all your Enablers, load people with SP drinks, go to town" tactic then you're going to have more than enough actions to 1-turn the boss without putting it on anyone.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Haven't seen it mentioned here yet but it seems that someone is attempting to translate OGs.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Hype.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

I wish them luck.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
All I'm going to say regarding that OGs work is:

A) Don't hold your breath for that particular project.
B) That doesn't mean nothing else is in the pipeline.
C) I will definitely not be saying more about it until next year at least, for various reasons that I cannot get into here.

Please don't speculate further or I will be sad.

KoB
May 1, 2009
:speculate:

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"
I think "don't hold your breath" is good advice for SRW fan translations in general.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

MarsDragon posted:

I think "don't hold your breath" is good advice for SRW fan translations in general.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I'm still surprised that Ace Attorney Investigations 2 fantranslation (a)came out and (b)turned out to be really really good.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Pureauthor posted:

I'm still surprised that Ace Attorney Investigations 2 fantranslation (a)came out and (b)turned out to be really really good.
Huh, did they do a full extreme cultural localization like Capcom does or just a translation?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
You could be forgiven for the thinking it was an official Capcom translation, right down to including Western pop culture references and getting fans to providing english voice clips.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
The English character names alone are goddamn impressive.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Wow, that's hardcore. Some people's hobbies are above and beyond.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Pureauthor posted:

You could be forgiven for the thinking it was an official Capcom translation, right down to including Western pop culture references and getting fans to providing english voice clips.

Dang, that's a cut above.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

My favorite part of the AAI2 translation is there's a song in one of the cases, and the translated lyrics actually fit the music.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Finally been playing V the past few days and it rules.

PS gently caress the screenshot police

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Droyer posted:

My favorite part of the AAI2 translation is there's a song in one of the cases, and the translated lyrics actually fit the music.

They probably wanted to do that because the lyrics to the song in AA4 also scan (not saying it's not impressive).

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I tried the patch and it works well as a menu patch so far.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
Hello friends, does anyone know a place to buy used copies of SRWV? I'd rather not spend the full 50something euros if I could avoid it.

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012

KoldPT posted:

Hello friends, does anyone know a place to buy used copies of SRWV? I'd rather not spend the full 50something euros if I could avoid it.

Related, has SRWV ever gotten cheaper/will it ever get cheaper on Singapore PSN? I dunnoh what the sale situation is over there.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
IDK if they still do those game of the year/Hall of fame copies or whatever but that was usually the way to get them at like half off. I think the last one I did that with was like MX though, I have no idea if they still do this.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

omfg

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
V is really good.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Chitose might be my single favorite OC in SRW, honestly.

I almost don't want her to be in OG because she'll be steamrolled by a hundred memes and jerks like Ing Wish.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Chitose is too good and pure for OG.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Souji? Who's Souji?

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
I hope she gets to be Calvina rather than Kusuha.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Caphi posted:

I almost don't want her to be in OG because she'll be steamrolled by a hundred memes and jerks like Ing Wish.

I adore Chitose and she really is one of my favorite originals.

God knows she'd end up shoved in a corner so Souji can do stuff thoug,

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i think kinda worldweary/lovely souji makes more sense as the guy to help the bad guys anyway, but who knows how og will play things if she ever gets in

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013
Hey, just bought the game last weekend and am having a blast with everything. Currently in the first split on the Ange route.

Just did a bit of reading and it seems the SR points don't affect the ending change, so should I just gun for a game complete and try on New Game + to see what secrets to get?

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Caphi posted:

Sometimes I feel like I must be the only person in the world who likes Ing, and I actually laughed when I read about his change in surname. It was basically "Yup that sounds like something a guy who's been alive for about a year would do"

Endorph posted:

i think kinda worldweary/lovely souji makes more sense as the guy to help the bad guys anyway, but who knows how og will play things if she ever gets in

I think by that time the OGverse will have successfully established a processing queue for alien/dimensional/otherworldly/traitorous invaders. Take a number, please hand over your Earth invasion paperwork aaaaand okay you go to line C where a giant robot riding another giant robot that has transformed into a horse bisect you with a giant sword that has turned into an even more giant sword. Next!

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

EthanSteele posted:

V is really good.

Everytime i think about V's fantastic translation i immediately think about Moon Dwellers and get really mad :v:

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Sometimes I feel like I must be the only person in the world who likes Ing, and I actually laughed when I read about his change in surname. It was basically "Yup that sounds like something a guy who's been alive for about a year would do"

Ing is the magicest baby of all magic babies and I love him for it. He is the most OC do not steal dude in a world populated almost exclusively by them. I think his only crime has been stealing Ryoto's moment but he upstaged him in such an over the top turn-it-up-to-11 way that I let him off. I'm not entirely sure what makes me give Ing a pass for his status, maybe its because it feels like it doesn't take itself so seriously? He changed his name to Wish Ing! He's adorable.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Ing was funny in OGs2, and honestly only retroactively. Now that that whole "ooh he was a horrible overpowered Mary Sue on purpose :master:" thing is over he's just hanging around with his overproduced robot and his bizarre hair and outfit. At least I can give that robot to Ryoto.

The funniest thing in Moon Dwellers is when Festinia learns he's an artificial human and thinks "but he looks just like a normal boy."

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
To be fair "just hanging around with his overproduced robot and his bizarre hair and outfit" covers like 70% of the OGverse cast as of MD. I'm super glad they unlocked his robot though, maybe ART-1 will get unlocked eventually?

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

EthanSteele posted:

To be fair "just hanging around with his overproduced robot and his bizarre hair and outfit" covers like 70% of the OGverse cast as of MD.

Yes, it's a real and well-established problem with OG. Ing just feels like the extreme end of all points - his design is insaner and yet his presence is less interesting.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I'm okay with Ing one-upping Ryoto in the biggest way because the stupidity of Ing's origin and plot reached such idiotic proportions that they looped around and made me laugh, whereas Ryoto has never done anything for me during his plot beats besides make me start falling asleep and begin wishing for the point where I can bench him for more interesting characters.

Ing in Moon Dwellers is pretty much the definition of "a character who is still here because OG doesn't usually get rid of characters", though, but he's hardly the only party guilty of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
I still find almost everything in OG to be dreadfully boring honestly

• Locked thread