Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
weed is pretty good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

:same:

I got into a M.A. program that i'm starting in the fall, but that's just a way to delay adulthood a little bit longer

overall working hard to get a career or whatever seems p. hopeless when 1) we could all get nuked, 2) VR might become so enchanting that we all just live in tiny little monk cells and use UBI to finance the wifi bill and the IV drip that sustains our meat bodies, 3) the alien mothership could appear over W.A. D.C. tomorrow, 4) we could all download our consciousnesses into a singular entity at which point it won't matter how much you made in meatspace life, and/or 5) every living creature dies someday so nothing matters all that much

In theory they say that love/marriage/children make life worth living? Can't vouch for it myself

if you want to disabuse yourself of #2 at least, simply read up on the people who are promising to deliver those things

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Baloogan posted:

they aren't, btw

im a buddhist of 20 years now, we're extremely unchill

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

I got into a M.A. program that i'm starting in the fall, but that's just a way to delay adulthood a little bit longer

overall working hard to get a career or whatever seems p. hopeless when 1) we could all get nuked, 2) VR might become so enchanting that we all just live in tiny little monk cells and use UBI to finance the wifi bill and the IV drip that sustains our meat bodies, 3) the alien mothership could appear over W.A. D.C. tomorrow, 4) we could all download our consciousnesses into a singular entity at which point it won't matter how much you made in meatspace life, and/or 5) every living creature dies someday so nothing matters all that much

In theory they say that love/marriage/children make life worth living? Can't vouch for it myself

lol that u think we're not already in a VR

imo u should write poo poo for a living because i love ur writings
like, genious level writings,
anyhow whatyever i can do to help u werewolfed headered i will half assed 'try

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Zyla posted:

oh so giving teens candy out of a van is illegal but a corporation does it with amazon gift cards and its lauded

remember that time all those assholes who drove the world economy into a mountain went to prison and ruined millions of lives w/ their greed and avarice??

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

weed is pretty good

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
neither do i...

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
"Happiness was never important. The problem is that we don't know what we really want. What makes us happy is not to get what we want. But to dream about it. Happiness is for opportunists. So I think that the only life of deep satisfaction is a life of eternal struggle, especially struggle with oneself. We all remember Gordon Gekko, the role played by Michael Douglas in Wall Street. What he says, breakfast is for wimps, or if you need a friend buy yourself a dog, I think we should say something similar about happiness. If you want to remain happy, just remain stupid. Authentic masters are never happy; happiness is a category of slaves."

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Zyla posted:

im really depressed tonight

i feel like im never gonna amount to anything in life

If you vote for Jeb!, you will die having accomplished more than most will ever dream of.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

vr might get that way and tbh it sounds like that'll be alright for most

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

it still take a whole fifth to get you drunk baloogan or did you dry out for a bit

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

Zyla posted:

im really depressed tonight

i feel like im never gonna amount to anything in life

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Mariana Horchata posted:

remember that time all those assholes who drove the world economy into a mountain went to prison??

a prison called the white house cabinet!!!

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
im the cookie clicker grandma now thx goons

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Epic High Five posted:

lol don't learn to code

learn to manage people who learn to code

it's way easier and you can shunt all the tedious poo poo off onto them

I've read enough "I love people who love their jobs and love to code, makes it easier to know they can be happy at their jobs while being paid less" rear end in a top hat manager spiels to have this ring true. Bonus points when they can collude with government to have them rewrite the curriculum to drive down wages for everything but managing

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

deadgoon posted:

im the cookie clicker grandma now thx goons

appropriate

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

MaxxBot posted:

If you vote for Jeb!, you will die having accomplished more than most will ever dream of.

true fact i voted for jeb in the primary

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Mariana Horchata posted:

really?

:(

nothing matters

lol that u think buddists aren't human

i mean this seriously: do a 10 day vipassana retreat
they are free
and they change ur life

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

I know you hate Hillary but this is the kind of stuff he was saying when that article was published

quote:

“You’ve got to give him credit," Mr Trump said. "How many young guys — he was like 26 or 25 when his father died — take over these tough generals, and all of a sudden — you know, it’s pretty amazing when you think of it. How does he do that?

"Even though it is a culture, and it’s a cultural thing, he goes in, he takes over, he’s the boss. It’s incredible.

"He wiped out the uncle, he wiped out this one, that one. This guy doesn’t play games and we can’t play games with him. Because he really does have missiles and he really does have nukes."

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Epic High Five posted:

it still take a whole fifth to get you drunk baloogan or did you dry out for a bit

?????????????????????????????????????/

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Baloogan posted:

lol that u think buddists aren't human

i mean this seriously: do a 10 day vipassana retreat
they are free
and they change ur life

:whitewater:

well what you said is true

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

the mothership is already in DC

in the smithsonian mueseum of african american history in fact.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

coulda just read their own website and saved the money on the gift cards fuckin dumb rear end billion dollar corporation lol

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

as a long time buddhist, i would not recommend a 10 day retreat for anyone i liked.

you will learn but one thing

you cannot die of boredom. it is impossible to die from being bored. you will wish for death. it will not come.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

galenanorth posted:

I've read enough "I love people who love their jobs and love to code, makes it easier to know they can be happy at their jobs while being paid less" rear end in a top hat manager spiels to have this ring true. Bonus points when they can collude with government to have them rewrite the curriculum to drive down wages for everything but managing

The staff where I'm at actually do have a union but it's nonstop hilarious to me, watching the rug get pulled out from under STEM in slow motion in an exact replay of what happened with nursing jobs.

The people orchestrating this must think coders and similar are the dumbest morons alive because they also will never, ever unionize or even make token efforts to defend their labor

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
i once met and hung out with my future descendant in a lucid dream so im good w/ that alone

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Jeb(!)

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Zyla posted:

as a long time buddhist, i would not recommend a 10 day retreat for anyone i liked.

you cannot die of boredom. it is impossible to die from being bored. you will wish for death. it will not come.

:/

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
loogs is kinda right about the buddhists not being chill thing

there was a meditation group around here I went to for a couple months and they were all super nice and friendly and the leader gave a talk every week then we'd all go out for like thai food or something

then I researched them and found out it's some modern splinter sect of buddhism that's at war with the Dalai Lama and worships some sort of demon

it was not fun to find that out

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Baloogan posted:

one of the finests men i know irl hosed his back up opening manholes

Sure, but the goatse man achieved immortality; can you say the same?

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Zyla posted:

namaste

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

logikv9 posted:

Jeb(((!)))

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Me: "Dabbing for that bird pussy."

My wife: "That would stimulate my bird twat."

:love:

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

skaboomizzy posted:

there was a meditation group around here I went to for a couple months and they were all super nice and friendly and the leader gave a talk every week then we'd all go out for like thai food or something

then I researched them and found out it's some modern splinter sect of buddhism that's at war with the Dalai Lama and worships some sort of demon

was the demon hot

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

sullat posted:

my ancestors are stretching their anuses out at me, normie. Can you say the same?

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
that bird owns

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

skaboomizzy posted:

ROFL

well to be fair the DL is kind of an glory seeking rear end in a top hat and is in no way the spirital leader of much more than a minor sect of buddhism as a whole.

-edit oh jesus my phone just shot off an amber alert i thought a bomb went off

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003
oh man garry shider died

like 7 years ago

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/895469520713912320

RUSSSSSSIIIIIAAAANNNNSSSS!!!!!!! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

sullat posted:

u know what? maybe im not an infamous as the Receiver but at least theres like a half dozen baloogan-haters itt

• Locked thread