Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Unmerciful posted:

As for VRV, their highlighted programs now are apparently:
[list][*]Hidden America with Jonah Ray

That's great to hear. They took this off Seeso a few months ago, right when I was finishing up season 2, and I thought they pulled it for clearance reasons or something. Glad it was just them selling it.

But oooooof on it being on an anime streaming service.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
That sucks.. I like seeso.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

That sucks.. I like seeso.

Seeso was a nice little addition and I liked that it was $3 a month or whatever, but after a few months I'd seen it all. If they kept up a Bajillion or Shrink- quality show/season at least once a month I would stay subbed, but there just wasn't enough content per dollar even at the low price.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Off Book getting praise from Apple. Nice.
https://twitter.com/ApplePodcasts/status/895361538692964354

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Think I'm going to have to hard commit to not liking the podcast "off-book". Seems like it's some hardcore normie stuff, some npr stuff.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Work Friend Keven posted:

Think I'm going to have to hard commit to not liking the podcast "off-book". Seems like it's some hardcore normie stuff, some npr stuff.

Speak on that.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

its not unlike another popular musical, NBC's Hamilton

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
Off book, more like off-road, as in it's off the road called "things I'd listen to" street

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Unmerciful posted:

Welp looks like Seeso's officially on death watch. Maybe somebody saves Take My Wife but Bajillion seems unlikely.

As for VRV, their highlighted programs now are apparently:
  • Hidden America with Jonah Ray
  • My Brother, My Brother and Me
  • HarmonQuest
  • Cyanide & Happiness
  • Day 5
  • Fairy Tail
  • Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
  • SHIELD of Tomorrow
  • Adam Incognito
  • Bravest Warriors
  • Audition
  • Dragon Ball Super
  • Camp Camp
  • My Hero Academia
  • Inside Adam Savage's Cave
  • Red vs. Blue

Imagine paying $10/month for this poo poo... I bet it craters within a year

Edit:

This is awesome

VRV also has funimation, crunchyroll and Cartoon Hangover as part of their standard package so you're getting a lot of content for anime and animation fans.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

My favourite anime is Off Book

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
I want that new Aukerman/PFT/Lapkus podcast to be exclusively about new anime releases.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Know Such Peace posted:

I want that new Aukerman/PFT/Lapkus podcast to be exclusively about new anime releases.

looking forward to the episode where they review "a centaur's life"

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Semi-crossposting from the Best Show thread:

James Murphy from LCD Soundsystem was on for a three-hour interview that flew by. I’m hoping Murphy will do a whole round of podcasts. Reggie Watts was one of the highlights of the ‘final show’ in 2011, so I could see a CBB reunion working out pretty well.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

You're my hero.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I'm buyin' Mack Weldon just because I support Off Book and their amazing musical promo for underwear.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

GobiasIndustries posted:

I'm buyin' Mack Weldon just because I support Off Book and their amazing musical promo for underwear.

You should support Mack Weldon because they paid for Matt Gourly to get squibbed.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I'm so happy I can listen to the Pigs and Bears bit whenever I want.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

Roach Warehouse posted:

I'm so happy I can listen to the Pigs and Bears bit whenever I want.

Mmmmm... I wanna eat you up!

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I've bought both Mack Weldon and MeUndies, and I'll say right now MeUndies is far superior. Mack Weldon sucked.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

b-but jessica mckenna told me...

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Proud to say I have not subscribed to any online monthly underwear delivery services.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Proud to say I have not subscribed to any online monthly underwear delivery services.

Ah, a sockfancy man

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I don't plan to keep the subscription but Im fine using their promo code once to show some support.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

Why are y'all making GBS threads your underpants so often you need monthly shipments to keep you going?

Just be a normal person and wear the same five pairs for decades while they unravel thread by thread until finally they are nothing left but a single g-string that goes all the way around the groin.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
I don’t want to check, but are Mack Weldon and the other p-cast undies a merino wool blend? Merino can be life-altering if you’ve grown up on cotton undergarments.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
So what are the good Seeso shows, Bajillion, UCB Show, Take My Wife...?

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Shrink has great performances. I very much enjoyed Hidden America. Matt Besser standup special is only for the truest of fans (it's got some boring parts)

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

ManoliIsFat posted:

Shrink has great performances. I very much enjoyed Hidden America. Matt Besser standup special is only for the truest of fans (it's got some boring parts)

Seconding Shrink, for all you Batlzheads out there.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

ArtVandelay posted:

I've bought both Mack Weldon and MeUndies, and I'll say right now MeUndies is far superior. Mack Weldon sucked.

no more sweaty balls, ba dum bum

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006

ElCondemn posted:

Seconding Shrink, for all you Batlzheads out there.

Thirding Shrink you get an added Mary Holland with your Baltz.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
My Brother My Brother And Me is a good tv show

Unmerciful
Sep 14, 2008

The podcast wars are really heating up .. Feral's top show just jumped ship to Midroll. I listened to Engineer Dustin on Alison Rosen's podcast the other day and he sounds like such a prick which probably had something to do with it. Podcast beef is so great

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Unmerciful posted:

The podcast wars are really heating up .. Feral's top show just jumped ship to Midroll. I listened to Engineer Dustin on Alison Rosen's podcast the other day and he sounds like such a prick which probably had something to do with it. Podcast beef is so great

It was funny in the recent Hollywood Handbook with that Harmontown D&D guy and they had the new CEO (?) Colin in

'Are the new secret shows you haven't announced also shows you poached from your old employer?
Weren't you just working at max fun then one of their biggest shows follows you a month later?
is that hosed up?'

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
I tried listening to My Favorite Murder when it came out but every episode went something like:

"And then the thing about this murderer-"
"Oh man I know it! That was so crazy! And then later, that weird place where they found the body?"
"I know! It's nuts. Just nuts. Can you believe someone would do something like that? Okay lets move onto our next murderer"

did they ever actually start telling you what goddamned happened

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Unmerciful posted:

Guess that explains why one of the hosts of it was on the most recent HDTGM. Looking her up now, seems like she's another Mr. Show alum, too.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Help Im Alive posted:

It was funny in the recent Hollywood Handbook with that Harmontown D&D guy and they had the new CEO (?) Colin in

'Are the new secret shows you haven't announced also shows you poached from your old employer?
Weren't you just working at max fun then one of their biggest shows follows you a month later?
is that hosed up?'

"...Thanks, Sean."

Look, Feral steals your Sklar Brothers, you take their Favorite Murder. Will MaxFun respond in kind for losing Throwing Shade? We'll see.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

They're doing a My Favorite Murder live podcast here (or maybe just a live show of it), I've not heard it before but seems intriguing at the least. Plus a decent turnout might encourage other tours to swing through here more regularly...

cams
Mar 28, 2003

JethroMcB posted:

"...Thanks, Sean."
this is one of my hardest laughs in hh history, up there with "if you tell the 9/11 museum that you in one of the towers during the attacks..."

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Chairman Capone posted:

Guess that explains why one of the hosts of it was on the most recent HDTGM. Looking her up now, seems like she's another Mr. Show alum, too.

"Oh you men..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

These podcast wars are too much for my feeble stupid heart to handle.