Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ora Tzo
Feb 26, 2016

HEEEERES TONYYYY
What about Alaska as WA, they're not as regressive as Texas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Why is this thread so hell bent on continually using America to contextualise Australian places that are 10,000 times worse?

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

JBP posted:

Sorry mate, the issue is boring and the post is honest. I'm going to vote in the thing to support the gay people I know. I think everyone should just do that instead of getting caught up in some revolutionary fervour and flatly demonstrate that this is a widely and deeply felt issue rather than let the vote fall by the wayside because it's dumb.

We need to take the reins from the boomers on this stuff and if we aren't going to slaughter them in the streets we might as well fill in a loving form even though nothing will happen anyway. It just reinforces the position.

I understand people abstaining but I'd prefer that people reflected some strong data for Shorten to use when he is PM.

I though you were just taking the piss before, sorry. I feel pretty much entirely the same way fwiw.

Ora Tzo
Feb 26, 2016

HEEEERES TONYYYY
Maybe we ought go back and discuss D&D alignment charts and Aus politicians.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
:quig:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Ora Tzo posted:

Maybe we ought go back and discuss D&D alignment charts and Aus politicians.

As a white libertarian in New Hampshire I

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

JBP posted:

im fat and gay btw

High five fatgay bruh

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

BBJoey posted:

by this logic everyone should have supported the original plebiscite bill as it was the first time the 'door' was 'opened'.

and let me ask you: are you gay?

No, the logic is different. There was a different door available then, and we could all vote against a plebiscite in favour of a parliamentary vote, because we think a plebiscite is a bad idea. But now it's here, it's going ahead. There's just the one door. If you want it done soon at least. They don't want us to walk through it, and we might hate the door, but it's open, and we can walk though it. Actually gently caress walking, dance through it.

Also, I said "can I ask". There's a difference there too. But sure, I will let you ask, and the answer is no. A guy went down on me once but that was kind of an accident.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Well technically this isn't a door, but actually a sign up sheet for maybe opening a door but there will be people who will use this to gently caress the cause so thats why I advocate doing it.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Hey guys, I know gambling is bad and all, but you can literally still bet on whether a postal vote will occur. If anyone wants to buy more money.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Hey guys, I know gambling is bad and all, but you can literally still bet on whether a postal vote will occur. If anyone wants to buy more money.

https://www.sportsbet.com.au/betting/politics/same-sex-marriage

https://www.sportsbet.com.au/betting/e-sports/dota-2-the-international-2017?QuickLinks

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

JBP posted:

im fat and gay btw

Just fat for me

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Maybe we should just let the betting odds be the result and be done with it? Seems a fair bit faster and probably more accurate than the actual vote.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Actually, I'm fat, gay and married, find out now, ask me how

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Just picked up a cool 30 points thanks to the stupid Australian government.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
lol, cops in uniform were dancing in the swinger club a couple hours before the CIRT got called in

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
ugh red rooster is so loving good. nnnngh

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

LOL

Mia posts picture pointing to white skin in support of black lives matter.

MonoAus
Nov 5, 2012
With any luck an over the top "no" campaign might at least remind people to vote yes.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I don't want to see a no campaign because it will hurt people, but anger is also a great motivator to take action and will likely turn out more yes than no votes.

E: my dad is an example of this, if left to his own devices he'd probably go "waste of time, should be in parliament, not participating" but if he sees the ACL running ads on TV or if an activist dares approach him at the shops he will immediately go to DEFCON1 gently caress religion and vote a hundred times.

JBP fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Aug 10, 2017

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Solemn Sloth posted:

lol, cops in uniform were dancing in the swinger club a couple hours before the CIRT got called in

At one point a woman "twerks" against a policeman, while his colleague embraces another female patron for more than a minute. Both men are armed and in police uniform.

The two officers make no attempt to rebuff the women during the 10-minute interlude near the club's dance floor.

The video footage, which is expected to cause further embarrassment for Victoria Police, was taken at 1.17am - about 90 minutes before police received an anonymous triple zero call about a man armed with a gun at the function.

lmao

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

the old ceremony posted:

ugh red rooster is so loving good. nnnngh

My taste buds are monstrously hosed and not really working at the moment, so it was nothing but disappointing when I had it recently :(

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."
Maybe one of the uniformed cops lost a gun or something?

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

JBP posted:

LOL

Mia posts picture pointing to white skin in support of black lives matter.

Yeah that's... kind of fair? Saying this group supports this cause despite not being personally affected by it isn't a terrible thing.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Mia Freedman points at her big mansion in support of the residents of Hobo Erotica’s refugee garbage city

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

racing identity posted:

Mia Freedman points at her big mansion in support of the residents of Hobo Erotica’s refugee garbage city

Oh for the heady days of garbage city.

EDIT: It's depressing that we are now in times where refugee garbage city would have been a better outcome than what ended up happening.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

hooman posted:

Guys, lets not campaign to boycott. Lets campaign to ballot stuff. Lets turn this farce into a proper farce.

Australia has voted. We've had 50 million responses from a population of 25 million.

They will probably print your personal details and a special code on the ballots to prevent tampering. The normal rules don't apply, so gently caress it why not. They're not going to make it a plain ballot that you can just photocopy...

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Tokamak posted:

They will probably print your personal details and a special code on the ballots to prevent tampering. The normal rules don't apply, so gently caress it why not. They're not going to make it a plain ballot that you can just photocopy...

But if 50 copies of my personal ballot get sent in, what do they do? Discount all of them?

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Only count the first one that gets scanned in, and then send you a fine for sending in multiple copies... This is probably the most solved problem out of all the issues they are facing with it.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Given that they are explicitly going around the usual legal processes is there even anything in law as punishment for fraudulently voting?

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Katter's gone nuts:

https://twitter.com/MarkDiStef/status/895500599768240130

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I'm assuming all the interjections were along the lines of "what the gently caress?"

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Oh no, he has blown a head gasket.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

You guys are really barking up the wrong tree with the garbage thing. I was probably studying earthships at the time and mentioned something about recycled materials.

But,

hooman posted:

we are now in times where refugee garbage city would have been a better outcome than what ended up happening.

I'll take that, thanks very much.

members, cease interjecting, I've gotta hear this poo poo

Bucky Fullminster fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Aug 10, 2017

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Apparently the Justice Minister, to whom that rambling poo poo was addressed, just said "yes" and sat down.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

That would have been the perfect time for the McDonalds drive thru meme, where is Bill Shorten when you need him?

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax
https://twitter.com/MarkDiStef/status/895505954942271488

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

gay picnic defence posted:

Is there still a paywall bypass for the age that works on chrome?
fairfax.com.au^

add that to your adblock/ublock's filter.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Mail... cimp?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Did the Hansard really record the father (and mother?) of communism as John Lennon?

• Locked thread