Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Girls in Korea thought I was a literal goddamn wizard for being able to cook something other than instant ramen.

I ended up having to learn Korean food by myself because nobody in Korea learns to cook until after marriage, and since I knew no married Korean women none of them could help me learn to make anything. I got one to let me come to her house for kimchi making time so I could learn from grandma and apparently she spent the entire time trying to get granddaughter to marry me because she should jump this dude who is interested in cooking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Haier posted:

Considering most well-off Chinese males have no experience doing anything for themselves at home from birth and through marriage until old age and then death, they would rather try to maintain status quo and get someone else to do it than learn to do it themselves.

My Korean friend of 12 years recently sent me a chat message asking what I was up to. I said hanging my wet laundry up. She said I was a housemaid, and I should come to Korea because girls would love a guy that knows how to cook and clean for himself. I passed.

You are pathologically adverse to living in places you might enjoy. Is cultural masochist a thing?

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Outrail posted:

You are pathologically adverse to living in places you might enjoy. Is cultural masochist a thing?
I have zero interest in Korea, period. Especially after the stories in these threads about their culture and passive-aggressive babymen there.

Plus I would have no job there.

I enjoy India a lot, so I go very soon.

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Grand Fromage posted:

Girls in Korea thought I was a literal goddamn wizard for being able to cook something other than instant ramen.

This, a costco card, and ironing my own shirts got me so laid so often

Haier posted:

Are you whiteish with a clean criminal check, a college degree in any subject, and the ability to stay reasonably sober for 8 hours a day? An exciting career in EFL may be yours!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Haier posted:

I have zero interest in Korea, period. Especially after the stories in these threads about their culture and passive-aggressive babymen there.

Can you please start an India thread when this happens? Maybe get a mod to probate anyone who starts with the overtly racist stuff?

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Haier posted:

Korea was only enjoyable for me because I was making good money, I had an amazing circle of Korean girl friends, I had some semi-permanent expat friends there, and there was the novelty factor added to that. If you've been to Japan then you've seen the more interesting/cleaner/cooler version of Japan. If you've been to China then you've seen the dirtier/trailer park version of Korea.

Grand Fromage posted:

Not being a literal manchild that spends every free second in a PC Bang pretty much gives you a +50 in the eyes of Korean women. Not being a beta-bitch momma's boy adds another +50, and being able to cook is +20. Being able to dress yourself in a manner that doesn't look like you are going to school or play basketball is another +30, and being able to bathe and groom properly is another +30. Basically, not walking around with a massive chip on your shoulder and a huge inferiority complex, while being a semi-fit, semi-attractive non-broken human being is pretty much Korean dating "God Mode".

The downside of being most or all of the above things is that it attracts Korean men just as effectively, and if you are interested in dating, they'll pretty much do their best to make sure no local women will get within 20 feet of you without getting an earful or even physically assaulted. (pushing/dragging)

Personally, I would love to go back ASAP for a week or two at least, but that's because my wife and I have so many memories and friends there.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Blistex posted:

Not being a literal manchild

well I'm out

I actually would like to move back to Korea but the employment options are poo poo so that's probably not going to happen. Japan has a similar problem. Putting aside the shittiness of the jobs, they somehow pay less than China does. I don't see how anyone even survives there. Korea also pays less but is still somewhat cheaper than Japan.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Blistex posted:

The downside of being most or all of the above things is that it attracts Korean men just as effectively, and if you are interested in dating, they'll pretty much do their best to make sure no local women will get within 20 feet of you without getting an earful or even physically assaulted. (pushing/dragging)

This comes up a lot, but how do you deal with this without getting arrested and/or beaten up? Use web dating apps and never let your friends see you out on a date?

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Baronjutter posted:

It's pretty sad for a culture thats absolutely terrified and disgusted by the concept of mental illness they seem really over-represented. Probably because cultural factors shun getting treatment or even admitting it exists because that would shame your whole family.
See it's only technically a disorder if it interferes with your ever day life. When everyone around you is also a sociopathic slob it's ok! So in the US it's a disorder because people judge you for it, in China it's not.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Outrail posted:

This comes up a lot, but how do you deal with this without getting arrested and/or beaten up? Use web dating apps and never let your friends see you out on a date?

1. Getting arrested/beaten up.
2. Ignoring them and hoping your date does the same.
3. Having a super headstrong date that scares them off.
4. Dating in secret so they don't know.
5. Not having male Korean friends. (this was the option I eventually settled on)

After my first year in Korea, I ended the tour with about 20 Koreans I considered friends. None of them male. (your mileage may vary) I had a ton of Korean male friends that I met through work, through work friends, and on the street, but I would stop hanging our with all of them after a few weeks or so. Things start off cool, they seem nice, might have some similar interests, and introduce you to a larger circle of friends. Generally like any other friendship. Then one of the following would happen.

Option #1: After a few weeks their attitude would start to get really negative. Everything in Korea/outside of Korea sucks. Their lives are already set out for them. They have no interests or hobbies, they only do the same 3 things year after year in their free time. Their parents are ruining their lives. They can't find a girlfriend. They can't get a good job, etc. Basically their attitude get gets more and more bitter and all you can do is just nod and hope the night ends early.

Option #2: Everything is cool and going well, but whenever a Korean girl is involved, things get weird. They either try and create a barrier around you so that none of their pure ladies may come in contact with the foreigner, or if you show up with a date/just female Korean friend they will try and shame her into not hanging around with you.

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

What the gently caress lol

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer
And from what I hear, native Koreans dating is just as weird/bad.

The advice I remember was "get the girl away from her friends and hang with her one-on-one", because wingmen(wingwomen?) are hockey levels of aggressive.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Mistle posted:

The advice I remember was "get the girl away from her friends and hang with her one-on-one", because wingmen(wingwomen?) are hockey levels of aggressive.

lmao are they even wingmen anymore at that point? sounds more like the three stooges going out to the club.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I was friends with a Korean girl once. She drank more than me and I basically couldn't hang. I would consider myself a strong drinker , I don't throw up or get sick often. But I do get tired. At around 3:30am, I'm pretty much ready to pack it in. Beyond that I'm not functioning.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

lmao are they even wingmen anymore at that point? sounds more like the three stooges going out to the club.

Korean wingmen would rather everyone go home dateless and angry than someone other than themselves getting one. I've seen guys go to the club together (temp friends), one starts to chat up a lady, the other comes up empty. The guy who is striking out gets more and more pissed and drunk, then finally gets to the point where he walks over to his friend, and says "it's time to go!". If the friend declines to join him, the angry guy insults his friend's lady and storms off.

Glenn Quebec posted:

I was friends with a Korean girl once. She drank more than me and I basically couldn't hang. I would consider myself a strong drinker , I don't throw up or get sick often. But I do get tired. At around 3:30am, I'm pretty much ready to pack it in. Beyond that I'm not functioning.

You'd party past 3:30am too if you knew that the rest of your life was going to be boring/repetitive poo poo with no escape because of gender roles and family expectations.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

She ended up marrying some rich American guy. She's tall and he's atrociously short like 5'5 to her 5'10. Every post on instagram is like, ahh my handsurm husband.

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

Glenn Quebec posted:

She ended up marrying some rich American guy. She's tall and he's atrociously short like 5'5 to her 5'10. Every post on instagram is like, ahh my handsurm husband.

I'm glad those two hideous freaks found each other.

Heer98
Apr 10, 2009
I've only ever once had a drunk old dude say something when I'm visiting Korea with my gf, but she's rich and her friends are rich and they all married rich and attractive French/German guys.

The only thing I noticed about locals that was weird to me (in Gangnam anyways, can't speak much for most of the rest of the country) is that all the young people were wearing like the same five trendy outfits. They looked good, though!

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

If you're shorter than 6' you're barely human.

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004
You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.

TsarZiedonis posted:

(in Gangnam anyways, can't speak much for most of the rest of the country)

Man you need to get out of your Gangnam bubble and spend some time in Real Korea. A few weeks in the factory towns a few miles outside of Gumi and you'll see all KINDS of five piece suits.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Glenn Quebec posted:

And yet you work in finance.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
So did we ever get told what the 5th piece was?

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Ups_rail posted:

the bottle full of court-ordered meds

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004
You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.

Ups_rail posted:

In the end, we all learned that the fifth piece was the face you gain along the way.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Or was it a cod piece?

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
It's those 80s false shoulder pads you insert in suits

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

And yet you work in finance.

I'm a really good..like noon drinker. Martinis or a highball, as long as it's not too sugary.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
http://i.imgur.com/YaqGAci.gifv

Options_Trading.gifv

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Mistle posted:

Korea dating is very weird. I eventually learned to stop asking about it because I was constantly creeped out.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
The thing I noticed about Mainland men is how not only are they cry babies when they see foreigners, even when we are alone, but since face culture is all about blaming or shifting responsibility, they want to make the foreigner the target of all their insecurities and problems in love life, etc. It's the foreigners fault they can't wash their own clothes or dishes, or they act like toddlers with soiled diapers around women. The women must be whores or have giant vaginas now. Most late-20-early-30s women have zero interest in these man-children, and the guys just want to get girls as young as possible because there's a higher chance she'll put up with them, and it means she is more "fresh." The amount of times I have been praised as a man for cleaning my own house and cooking my own food is disturbing.

The insecurity that they are willing to display publicly is hilarious from a non-Chinese view. It's not weakness, it's face, it's pride. We are the bad guys full of disease and willing to cheat on their preshurs Chinese women. We have all the bad habits that no woman would like. Chinese women need to be protected, and they are definitely not allowed to make up their own minds about things they want to do. A Chinese woman's business is all Chinese male's business, because they are all her brothers and must fight for her purity and social standing, for the motherland! Anyone woman willing to put up with a foreigner must obviously have been tricked, or she's the lowest of the low. I have been told so many times by women that I can't ever be talked about, even to their friends, because the chance of a future husband or LTR hearing she's been with a foreigner would greatly hurt her prospects and they might run away.

Chaoshan Girl's ex-BF has been hounding her for a year now. Since I met her, he somehow figured out she's been seeing a foreigner and has been up in arms over it. She broke up with him because he was a massive retard, but he's in full face mode and trying to prove how bad her choices are under whatever excuse he can. They didn't even have sex, so we're both surprised he's still trying after so long.
She's blocked him so many times, but he somehow keeps getting new phone numbers or using his friend's Wechat accounts to hound her. poo poo he has actually said: "How can you do this! How can your family accept this? You know foreigners are bad and will leave you quickly. Why would you want to marry him and leave China? You can't do this! Think of your family! What will you mother say? She will cry tears for you every night because of your actions. I care about you so I must tell you these messages!" He keeps trying to appeal to morality and higher authority (family and China), and making every logical fallacy possible in his arguments.

Every time he send her messages, usually SMS now since you can't send much in Wechat friend requests, she translates them and shows me. His former best friend lives here in SZ and I met the guy multiple times because everyone knows everyone. Nobody knows me and CG are together, but somehow the rumor spread of her and aforeigner. Since she was blocking the guy, his BFF here had to have a "talk" with her on his behalf. She was so annoyed about his blatant questioning, that she made up a story about this foreigner. Since she goes to HK for business often, she told him to relay that the foreigner man lives there, they are fine together, and he is black. She has no racism in her, but knew this would cause massive shock to these idiots and their delicate sensibilities. Cue the ex-BF sending more messages about how she has betrayed him and his family, and she is so careless for herself now, she must be under a spell or something.

Back when I was seeing that mistress girl, she was angry at the guy one day for demanding to know every detail of who she chats with, so she told him she talks to an American guy. This led to a weeks-long meltdown of threats and racism. He said he would stop all business with white people and any foreigner, like that was going to affect her. She said he would go on hours of rants about how bad white people are, how bad Americans are, and how we just using women without any respect and that is why the divorce rate is so high in America. She needed to respect herself, because there is no way this foreigner would marry her, because all girls need to get married. This guy was on this second or third wife, and was obviously paying the girl a salary for sex. He was in his 50s, but unable to wash his own clothes or cook his own food, so he had to get a mistress that he paid 10k RMB per month for. He was true bastion of morality and family values.

I've never been to clubs anywhere, but all I see on r/China for fight stories is "I was talking to this girl in this club and some Chinese white knights got really angry and beat me up outside." I imagine this would be my case often.

All the petty teeth sucking and public whining they do when seeing foreigners is pathetic. I truly believe 99% of Mainland men are this way. The only Mainland men who have been cool are either gay, old as hell, old and married, or relax because you are not with a local girl so you don't matter anymore. I don't get much hassle from buzzcuts in packs, it's usually from the younger guys with their wives or girlfriends, who suddenly feel emasculated or something. I posted a long time ago about sitting on the train at night and a tired couple in their mid-20s+ comes up with their luggage, and the guy actually tugging on her shirtsleeve like a child and saying in that whiny voice that he didn't want to sit next to the foreigner, so he made her go to another car. I always thought that was the perfect example of Mainland masculinity. Being self-confident is like the opposite of what face is supposed to exhibit. It's hilarious.

Haier fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Aug 10, 2017

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Haier, I don't know how to break this to you, and I don't want to make you fall out of love with India, but there are still Muslims there. How will you deal with that?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Haier posted:

The thing I noticed about Mainland men is how not only are they cry babies when they see foreigners, even when we are alone, but since face culture is all about blaming or shifting responsibility, they want to make the foreigner the target of all their insecurities and problems in love life, etc. It's the foreigners fault they can't wash their own clothes or dishes, or they act like toddlers with soiled diapers around women. The women must be whores or have giant vaginas now. Most late-20-early-30s women have zero interest in these man-children, and the guys just want to get girls as young as possible because there's a higher chance she'll put up with them, and it means she is more "fresh." The amount of times I have been praised as a man for cleaning my own house and cooking my own food is disturbing.

The insecurity that they are willing to display publicly is hilarious from a non-Chinese view. It's not weakness, it's face, it's pride. We are the bad guys full of disease and willing to cheat on their preshurs Chinese women. We have all the bad habits that no woman would like. Chinese women need to be protected, and they are definitely not allowed to make up their own minds about things they want to do. A Chinese woman's business is all Chinese male's business, because they are all her brothers and must fight for her purity and social standing, for the motherland! Anyone woman willing to put up with a foreigner must obviously have been tricked, or she's the lowest of the low. I have been told so many times by women that I can't ever be talked about, even to their friends, because the chance of a future husband or LTR hearing she's been with a foreigner would greatly hurt her prospects and they might run away.

Chaoshan Girl's ex-BF has been hounding her for a year now. Since I met her, he somehow figured out she's been seeing a foreigner and has been up in arms over it. She broke up with him because he was a massive retard, but he's in full face mode and trying to prove how bad her choices are under whatever excuse he can. They didn't even have sex, so we're both surprised he's still trying after so long.
She's blocked him so many times, but he somehow keeps getting new phone numbers or using his friend's Wechat accounts to hound her. poo poo he has actually said: "How can you do this! How can your family accept this? You know foreigners are bad and will leave you quickly. Why would you want to marry him and leave China? You can't do this! Think of your family! What will you mother say? She will cry tears for you every night because of your actions. I care about you so I must tell you these messages!" He keeps trying to appeal to morality and higher authority (family and China), and making every logical fallacy possible in his arguments.

Every time he send her messages, usually SMS now since you can't send much in Wechat friend requests, she translates them and shows me. His former best friend lives here in SZ and I met the guy multiple times because everyone knows everyone. Nobody knows me and CG are together, but somehow the rumor spread of her and aforeigner. Since she was blocking the guy, his BFF here had to have a "talk" with her on his behalf. She was so annoyed about his blatant questioning, that she made up a story about this foreigner. Since she goes to HK for business often, she told him to relay that the foreigner man lives there, they are fine together, and he is black. She has no racism in her, but knew this would cause massive shock to these idiots and their delicate sensibilities. Cue the ex-BF sending more messages about how she has betrayed him and his family, and she is so careless for herself now, she must be under a spell or something.

Back when I was seeing that mistress girl, she was angry at the guy one day for demanding to know every detail of who she chats with, so she told him she talks to an American guy. This led to a weeks-long meltdown of threats and racism. He said he would stop all business with white people and any foreigner, like that was going to affect her. She said he would go on hours of rants about how bad white people are, how bad Americans are, and how we just using women without any respect and that is why the divorce rate is so high in America. She needed to respect herself, because there is no way this foreigner would marry her, because all girls need to get married. This guy was on this second or third wife, and was obviously paying the girl a salary for sex. He was in his 50s, but unable to wash his own clothes or cook his own food, so he had to get a mistress that he paid 10k RMB per month for. He was true bastion of morality and family values.

I've never been to clubs anywhere, but all I see on r/China for fight stories is "I was talking to this girl in this club and some Chinese white knights got really angry and beat me up outside." I imagine this would be my case often.

All the petty teeth sucking and public whining they do when seeing foreigners is pathetic. I truly believe 99% of Mainland men are this way. The only Mainland men who have been cool are either gay, old as hell, old and married, or relax because you are not with a local girl so you don't matter anymore. I don't get much hassle from buzzcuts in packs, it's usually from the younger guys with their wives or girlfriends, who suddenly feel emasculated or something. I posted a long time ago about sitting on the train at night and a tired couple in their mid-20s+ comes up with their luggage, and the guy actually tugging on her shirtsleeve like a child and saying in that whiny voice that he didn't want to sit next to the foreigner, so he made her go to another car. I always thought that was the perfect example of Mainland masculinity. Being self-confident is like the opposite of what face is supposed to exhibit. It's hilarious.

How do you even live with such little self awareness? like lol

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
https://www.reddit.com/r/history/comments/6snjaa/200000_men_from_the_qin_army_were_killed_at_the/

It's nice seeing a place on reddit that is not r/china, yet is filled with people saying "bullshit!"

Pirate Radar posted:

Haier, I don't know how to break this to you, and I don't want to make you fall out of love with India, but there are still Muslims there. How will you deal with that?
Yeah, I have to hear their 5am megaphone howling when the wind is blowing towards my house. Middle-class Indian Muslims are fine. The lower-class and poor ones are either super curious, or see me as walking haram machine. Generally, it all matters where you are (city, state, area) and what you are doing. Many cities are totally fine. Staying out of Muslim areas is a better idea in general. You never know when the jihad will happen, but it's best to stay as far away from it as possible. Being a non-Indian, and a white-looking one, makes me an instant target. Then again, I had many Indians ask me if I am from China, so I don't know. They all hate China right now, so I am not sure how people will react to me this time.
I used to go shopping at this great chain supermarket near the Muslim quarter in the city I lived. Even though they generally didn't go there to shop, when they did, I always had trouble with them forcibly trying to cut in front of me or doing some rude thing to try to passive-aggressively show their disdain for me. I would just do it back, because one Muslim family surrounded by like 400 Hindus shopping is a numbers game they can't handle. If they want to blow up on the white guy, there has to be a bunch of people waiting to blow up on them (not literally, LMAO).

All my Hindu and secular Indian friends have stories of fights with them as adults. It's weird hearing stories that sound exactly like bar fights, but nobody was drinking alcohol. "We were sitting there drinking chai, and these guys were eyeing us. When we tried to leave, they followed us outside and wanted to fight." My friends favorite chai shop had police posted there every evening because the clashes between aggressive Muslims (they call them Skull Caps) and random people were getting too much. Eventually the city forced them to close early every night. People just shifted down the road and the problem continued. My best friend there was always reminding me of the streets that divide their area, and I shouldn't cross into their section or else I could face trouble for zero reason other than being foreign.

Granted, I also feel unsafe at times in Hindu areas full of poor people, so some things are not so much a matter of religion, but of poverty and bad attitudes. Then again, Hinduism doesn't have the foreigner "you're not like me" hatred and call to jihad built into it so it's a no-brainer to just avoid Muslim areas in general.

The city I mostly live in now has maybe only a 10% Muslim population, but their area is always prone to rock-throwing clashes and angry riots over butt hurt feelings.

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

How do you even live with such little self awareness? like lol
I am 100% aware of my whining and teeth sucking. Why else do I post in here? Jeez, get a clue already!

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Haier posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/history/comments/6snjaa/200000_men_from_the_qin_army_were_killed_at_the/

It's nice seeing a place on reddit that is not r/china, yet is filled with people saying "bullshit!"

Yeah, I have to hear their 5am megaphone howling when the wind is blowing towards my house. Middle-class Indian Muslims are fine. The lower-class and poor ones are either super curious, or see me as walking haram machine. Generally, it all matters where you are (city, state, area) and what you are doing. Many cities are totally fine. Staying out of Muslim areas is a better idea in general. You never know when the jihad will happen, but it's best to stay as far away from it as possible. Being a non-Indian, and a white-looking one, makes me an instant target. Then again, I had many Indians ask me if I am from China, so I don't know. They all hate China right now, so I am not sure how people will react to me this time.
I used to go shopping at this great chain supermarket near the Muslim quarter in the city I lived. Even though they generally didn't go there to shop, when they did, I always had trouble with them forcibly trying to cut in front of me or doing some rude thing to try to passive-aggressively show their disdain for me. I would just do it back, because one Muslim family surrounded by like 400 Hindus shopping is a numbers game they can't handle. If they want to blow up on the white guy, there has to be a bunch of people waiting to blow up on them (not literally, LMAO).

All my Hindu and secular Indian friends have stories of fights with them as adults. It's weird hearing stories that sound exactly like bar fights, but nobody was drinking alcohol. "We were sitting there drinking chai, and these guys were eyeing us. When we tried to leave, they followed us outside and wanted to fight." My friends favorite chai shop had police posted there every evening because the clashes between aggressive Muslims (they call them Skull Caps) and random people were getting too much. Eventually the city forced them to close early every night. People just shifted down the road and the problem continued. My best friend there was always reminding me of the streets that divide their area, and I shouldn't cross into their section or else I could face trouble for zero reason other than being foreign.

Granted, I also feel unsafe at times in Hindu areas full of poor people, so some things are not so much a matter of religion, but of poverty and bad attitudes. Then again, Hinduism doesn't have the foreigner "you're not like me" hatred and call to jihad built into it so it's a no-brainer to just avoid Muslim areas in general.

The city I mostly live in now has maybe only a 10% Muslim population, but their area is always prone to rock-throwing clashes and angry riots over butt hurt feelings.

I am 100% aware of my whining and teeth sucking. Why else do I post in here? Jeez, get a clue already!

I wasn't talking about you, i meant the ex-boyfriends you were talking about.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Haier posted:

Every time he send her messages, usually SMS now since you can't send much in Wechat friend requests, she translates them and shows me. His former best friend lives here in SZ and I met the guy multiple times because everyone knows everyone. Nobody knows me and CG are together, but somehow the rumor spread of her and a foreigner. Since she was blocking the guy, his BFF here had to have a "talk" with her on his behalf. She was so annoyed about his blatant questioning, that she made up a story about this foreigner. Since she goes to HK for business often, she told him to relay that the foreigner man lives there, they are fine together, and he is black. She has no racism in her, but knew this would cause massive shock to these idiots and their delicate sensibilities. Cue the ex-BF sending more messages about how she has betrayed him and his family, and she is so careless for herself now, she must be under a spell or something.

Chaoshan Girl is awesome and I'm going to miss her when you move.

Using friend requests to send angry messages is so, so very :salt:

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer

Jeoh posted:

If you're shorter than 6' you're barely human.

I hope your legs lose circulation and become a cripple the next time you fly economy

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible
instead of a black guy in hong kong, you should have shown chaoshan girl this thread so she could make those guys even angrier by saying "im seeing a guy that sleeps on the floor at work and shits his pants sometimes and really hates china"

or is that less believable than a chungking black guy

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
i'm slightly curious why CG hasn't given up yet and just immigrated to any place that will take her

it's very clear that she will never fit in around shenzen since she's not a drooling retard drowning in her own lies, and it's not like her family is a big reason for her to stay. it's unlikely she'd be able to just cruise in to any anglo country because the overriding sentiment in all of them has been 'gently caress off we're full' for over a decade but at the very least she should be able to get permanent residence in hong kong and at least be around people who give a poo poo about basic human decency

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

The Great Autismo! posted:

uhm excuse me, did you forget all cultures are equal? r u a racist or what? china has 5,000 years of history and culture, please show some respect..........

Wrong China thread buddy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s?__biz=Mz...cZtAb9VKF7YvkDx

I missed this iPhone 6 leg challenge but I'm guessing it's legs thinner than an iPhone's height, because that's not gross or anything.

• Locked thread