Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
I thought that symbol was supposed to be some sort of game. Like if they make it and you see it you have to punch them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Covok posted:

Coca-Cola originally was laced with actual cocaine. They stop doing that when cocaine became illegal.

coca cola was a non-alcoholic variant of a local knockoff of the extraordinarily popular vin mariani a european "patent medicine" that was basically just wine mixed with cocaine. the inventor of coke made his own cocaine wine until alcohol was banned in atlanta, then eventually he took the cocaine out too when that became unpopular

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

I thought that symbol was supposed to be some sort of game. Like if they make it and you see it you have to punch them.

Think it's gotta be below your waist.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

KickerOfMice posted:

:aaa:

That google turd can't spell 'prejudiced' but capitalizes Black. what?

I think you might be confusing the ex-google dude and Yonatan Zunger.

Capitalizing Black is a not-uncommon grammatical and/or, uh, woke thing. It's been a while since I read an explanation and I can't be bothered to google it. :v:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

JuniperCake posted:

Come on now. Guy Fieri is a sweet guy who goes around being nice, showing actual passion and is super encouraging to the people he works with. Like as weird as his persona is, he is literally the nicest person in the business.

Just cause the dude likes fried food doesn't make him a petty amoral douchebag like Trump.

Like the dude wouldn't be a good president but saying he is the same as Trump is just so loving mean.

I guess...I don't know anything about the guy personally, just that the food he features on his show makes my intestines roil in terror.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Bishounen Bonanza posted:

"Thumbs up" means "rise up", as in the "south shall rise again". Only racist neo confederates use it.

LOL == Laudable Orange Leader
LMAO == Later, Mexicans Are Out
ALOPDYT == A Lot of People Dont Know That
SAD! == ???

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

JuniperCake posted:

Come on now. Guy Fieri is a sweet guy who goes around being nice, showing actual passion and is super encouraging to the people he works with. Like as weird as his persona is, he is literally the nicest person in the business.

Just cause the dude likes fried food doesn't make him a petty amoral douchebag like Trump.

Like the dude wouldn't be a good president but saying he is the same as Trump is just so loving mean.

Hasn't Guy Fieri made homophobic and misogynistic comments in the past?

Neo_Crimson fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Aug 10, 2017

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

RuanGacho posted:

Topical, this is from that dude that wrote that viral response to the google goon. https://extranewsfeed.com/tolerance-is-not-a-moral-precept-1af7007d6376

White guy has lots of lecturin' to do on the meaning of diversity apparently

Wait isn't that supposed to be a fireable offense

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Majorian posted:

I guess...I don't know anything about the guy personally, just that the food he features on his show makes my intestines roil in terror.

As someone who works in a restaurant and has Food Network on everyday, and has watched WAY to many episodes of his show I feel your stomachs pain.

Some of that food is just WOOF.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
His Diners and Dives show is actually pretty good and he features some pretty great restaurants. Everyone hates him cause he is successful but also looks like someone who was arrested for delinquency of a minor.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I'm making a hand sign right now that represents my feelings on this loving derail.

Trump threatened Nuclear war and people are arguing about circles.

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!

Mustached Demon posted:

They are. For they are Nazis asking you to corn hole them.

Oh, so now cornholing is racist too?

I don't even want to live anymore

E: ^ sometimes people need a break from constant existential terror

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

Fulchrum posted:

I'm making a hand sign right now that represents my feelings on this loving derail.

Trump threatened Nuclear war and people are arguing about circles.

listen we already normalized global thermonuclear war like 2 days ago

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

Snacksmaniac posted:

Think it's gotta be below your waist.

Holy poo poo other people did this too?! I always just thought it was just a thing at my elementary school.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

as someone who lives in the same area as Guy Fieri he actually does philanthropic stuff in the area, so that's good.

his restaurants sucked tho.

also there are some reports of him being homophobic and stuff, but this area is pretty lgbtq friendly, so that's pretty surprising to me. :shrug:

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Did that video of Alex Jones dancing get posted? Because :stare:.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVZF2UOEi1Y

holy poo poo that remix is legit dope

i really need a link to the full track seriosuly somebody please

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Hollismason posted:

His Diners and Dives show is actually pretty good and he features some pretty great restaurants. Everyone hates him cause he is successful but also looks like someone who was arrested for delinquency of a minor.

I wouldn't mind the guy in the abstract if he was just man vs. food - ing his way across America a la Diners and Dives and if I didn't watch shows via streaming.

The problem is twofold:

1) watch more than one or two of his shows in a row and it starts to feel like you're just watching a 1990s Mountain Dew commercial on endless loop -- EXTREME AMAZING

2) He starts to pretend that eating a few deep-fried burgers with chipotle sauce makes him an actual chef, no, it doesn't, he isn't, comb your drat hair

also I reflexively dislike anyone with frosted tips

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I don't think his Diners And Dives show would be as good if he just spent the time talking to the owners about how he got touched in his bathing suit area three times at the same summer camp

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Starmaker posted:

Oh, so now cornholing is racist too?

I don't even want to live anymore

E: ^ sometimes people need a break from constant existential terror

Na corn holed also means boot in the rear end.

Corn hole the game's played by those who want to have fun and drink outside. Nazis can enjoy it too but only with a broken jaw.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Tonight, on a very special Diners, Drive-ins and Dives

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
" We're here at Mikes Blooming Onion in the Mineapolis, Minnesota , Minnesota Killer was the nickname of my Uncle who murdered and raped 4 women there during a meth fuel kill spree, my whole family was so ashamed my father changed our names including our first names. I used to be Philip"

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Hollismason posted:

I don't think his Diners And Dives show would be as good if he just spent the time talking to the owners about how he got touched in his bathing suit area three times at the same summer camp

im confused what just happened

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
He's a show host he's gonna be overly enthusiastic that's just like traveling show hosts. Even Anthony Bourdain.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Hollismason posted:

" We're here at Mikes Blooming Onion in the Mineapolis, Minnesota , Minnesota Killer was the nickname of my Uncle who murdered and raped 4 women there during a meth fuel kill spree, my whole family was so ashamed my father changed our names including our first names. I used to be Philip"

Yowza, Ex-Philip my man!

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I am slightly confused as to what this thread is actually about, not gonna lie.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
" We're here in New Orleans, La at Johnson's Fish Fry, fun fact my father shoved my hand in a deep frier when my sister and I played a joke on him by hiding his whiskey . You can't really see the burns because this is a realistic looking latex glove I wear for the show. Can't wait to taste those fried shrimp!"

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Hollismason posted:

He's a show host he's gonna be overly enthusiastic that's just like traveling show hosts. Even Anthony Bourdain.

My favorite Bourdain episode is the one where Bourdain catches a guy throwing dead fish off the back of the boat so he can pretend to "catch" it "fresh" for Bourdain and Bourdain just gets depressed and the rest of the episode is him having an existential crisis, it's amazing

And yeah their job is to be excited but Fieri just does it in an extremely cliched, painful way that screams I AM A GIMMICK COME WATCH MY GIMMICK from a mile away.

The good chef shows have some depth and complexity to the gimmick. Like, Gordan Ramsey is usually SCREAMY SCOTCH MAN but like there's a one-in-four chance he'll actually be nice and helpful at any given moment, you never know

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

8-Bit Scholar posted:

The inevitable heat death of the universe.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

8-Bit Scholar posted:

This is just what happens when Trump isn't tweeting.

It's either this or election/primary chat, so shut up and talk about food network hosts.

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Life, love, and laughter

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Lightning Knight posted:

This is just what happens when Trump isn't tweeting.

It's either this or election/primary chat, so shut up and talk about food network hosts.

All our frontal lobes burned out on November 9th, 2016, this is all just random motor neurons firing

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
Press the button, end it all.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

"Our head cook is a bangin' guy. Fought in Fallujah, totally separated his personality into two different men. One's english, makes a killer Chip Butty. The other is a lost child. Does what he's told though. LOVES the SPICE"

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

8-Bit Scholar posted:

White guy has lots of lecturin' to do on the meaning of diversity apparently

Wait isn't that supposed to be a fireable offense

People seem to be misinterpreting who this is. This is the guy who said "What the gently caress dude, they should fire you" and was a common linked response because he had just left google a few months ago. The point worth noting is he makes the argument for why punching nazi's and telling alt-right snowflakes to shut up is reasonable.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

my bony fealty posted:

Best part is, the potential fraud charges are _because of_ the video games

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/watchdog/sd-me-hunter-search-20170809-story.html

Throw 'em in a cell with Issa and Dana Rorbacher imo.
The way that was worded it sounds like he actually bought the video games, and then lied about it by blaming it on his kid I'm dying here.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

All our frontal lobes burned out on November 9th, 2016, this is all just random motor neurons firing

My posting:

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

While I didn't care for guy fieri's two restaurants here, it's an area with a lot of really really good food, so admittedly it's probably pretty good if you put it in a different city, like I dunno, Lubbock or Colorado Springs or something.

I've never seen him up close, but I've had friends say they've seen his dumb car or seen him at Target or something.

so yeah we're basically besties

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

RuanGacho posted:

People seem to be misinterpreting who this is. This is the guy who said "What the gently caress dude, they should fire you" and was a common linked response because he had just left google a few months ago. The point worth noting is he makes the argument for why punching nazi's and telling alt-right snowflakes to shut up is reasonable.

Yeah, he's ideologically correct-ish, if something of a poo poo writer. :v:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
John Cena does the ok hand symbol are you saying he is a Nazi? Because I will not accept that. That would be like Captain America being a Nazi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Party Plane Jones posted:

Coca-Cola still has coca in it as a flavorant; it's the only company in the US that uses flavor extractives of the coca plant when it's processed by medical companies.

Is that a good thing or bad thing?

• Locked thread