Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I hope the older sister is in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Silver2195 posted:

I'm still watching Centaur's Life/Worries, but I must say, the tone feels off sometimes. A lot of things seem vaguely ominous in I way I don't remember them being in the manga, to the point where I wonder about the anime director's political views.

That's pretty accurate to the manga. It's weird.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Knorth posted:

I hope the older sister is in it
Are you an ally of NTR? :stare:

esselfortium posted:

I'm ready for the three of them to realize they all need each other

(I'm ready for crushing despair :()
I want Yui to aim for the TRUE Harem ending.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Silver2195 posted:

I'm still watching Centaur's Life/Worries, but I must say, the tone feels off sometimes. A lot of things seem vaguely ominous in I way I don't remember them being in the manga, to the point where I wonder about the anime director's political views.

Don't worry.

The manga gets worse.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

esselfortium posted:

I'm ready for the three of them to realize they all need each other

(I'm ready for crushing despair :()

Yui deserves her True End.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Wark Say posted:

Are you an ally of NTR? :stare:

No?

Who's being cheated on?

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Silver2195 posted:

It feels like it's supposed to be more than just window dressing or scene setting given how up front and in your face about it it is. If it doesn't take a big turn at some point into a full own dystonia I''ll feel like they've let that chekhov's gun sit on the wall.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Knorth posted:

No?

Who's being cheated on?
Ah, I thought you were supporting the Haruno end. M'bad.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

They are doing the beware corrections thing a bit too much in centaur. It's a funny joke but this last ep they didn't feel like jokes and I don't want whatever that's gonna turn into.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
aliens

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Wark Say posted:

Ah, I thought you were supporting the Haruno end. M'bad.

I'd be fine with it but I don't feel strongly about any of the pairings really.

Hachi should probably kiss the cute tennis boy though

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Knorth posted:

The only other pairing i'd accept.

Go Yui!... :ohdear:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Knorth posted:

Saika is too powerful for our ol' buddy ol' pal Hachi.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Oh, I just remembered the teacher exists. I don't how it'd be worked to be not An Actual Crime or whatever but I thought she and Hachi had nice chemistry

When the characters you liked most are just the minor ones... :(

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Knorth posted:

Oh, I just remembered the teacher exists. I don't how it'd be worked to be not An Actual Crime or whatever but I thought she and Hachi had nice chemistry

When the characters you liked most are just the minor ones... :(

8man turns 18 and graduates problem solved. Also I wouldn't say they really have romantic chemistry, but are definitely close friends.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Aug 8, 2017

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
That's easy then, are they in their last year of HS already?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

This isn't a joke by the way. Aliens are very much involved and the series (though not translated due to the previous group dropping it and it being licensed, the former not having anythign to do with the latter) is definitely on the weirdest tangent.

Also involved: Frogs.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

LibrarianCroaker posted:

Yui deserves her True End.
Yukino for life mothercucker

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Grouchio posted:

Yukino for life mothercucker
Nyaa. Nyaaaa~ :3:

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Tsurezure Children continues to be excellent.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Nitrousoxide posted:

Tsurezure Children continues to be excellent.

It's pretty much all of the good parts of a romance anime put back to back.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Whoever complained about the waitress girl being almost a non-character in Isekai Restaurant, well this week's episode was largely centered on her, as well as just having the entire ensemble of patrons so far assembled at once.
Seems like next week will introduce the other waitress we've only seen in the final shot of the OP so far.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

kater posted:

They are doing the beware corrections thing a bit too much in centaur. It's a funny joke but this last ep they didn't feel like jokes and I don't want whatever that's gonna turn into.
I've only read up to what the group translating it did, but absent the anime making up it's own ending you aren't going to see Hime and her classmates rounded up and shipped off to camps, if that's what concerns you. I mean, I agree it was an odd decision to on the author's part to set his cute monster girl slice of life comedy in a soft authoritarian state, but it's also what makes the show unique.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I've been enjoying Isekai Restaurant a lot. I hope Delicious in Dungeon gets an anime and "fantasy cooking" becomes the new inexplicable popular anime micro-genre

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

I've been enjoying Isekai Restaurant a lot. I hope Delicious in Dungeon gets an anime and "fantasy cooking" becomes the new inexplicable popular anime micro-genre

Made in Abyss is already helping things along.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Still watching The Reflection for some reason. Despite having people on fire and frog-people in the first episode, the series finally became too unrealistic in Episode 3 when two young people willingly go to the hospital without any visible serious injuries. No way in hell.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think I'm done with the new Tylor show

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
As someone who loved the original but could not muster up any excitement whatsoever when I saw the new pitch/designs (as well as the fact that it wasn't a sequel to the OVA), what was wrong with it?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it was ugly, cheap, and trying to tell a serialized story in 3 minute chunks

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Nate RFB posted:

As someone who loved the original but could not muster up any excitement whatsoever when I saw the new pitch/designs (as well as the fact that it wasn't a sequel to the OVA), what was wrong with it?

so tylor is now 12 and always carries a banjo

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The latest episode was just a joke about how one of the main characters almost got raped

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
That's messed up!

wielder
Feb 16, 2008

"You had best not do that, Avatar!"
ID-0 will finally be officially released by Netflix on October 6th for everyone outside of Japan and with multiple subs/dubs.

I was quite satisfied with the show overall and especially enjoyed the last few episodes, so I really hope more fans of sci-fi anime will check it out.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that was a pretty good show. nothing exceptional, but solid throughout.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Knorth posted:

double gay ending imo

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

so what are the good action and/or comedy animes airing this season? i'm watching my hero academia and kakegurui, and that's it.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Princess Principal and Magical Circle Guru Guru, respectively.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Tsurezure Children is very funny and sweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

ninjewtsu posted:

so what are the good action and/or comedy animes airing this season? i'm watching my hero academia and kakegurui, and that's it.

Symphogear, Fate/Apoc, and Made In Abyss have solid action (though the last one's more about adventure and exploration). For comedy, Tsurezure Children is sweet and funny as hell, and Guruguru gets good buzz.

• Locked thread