Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

C. Everett Koop posted:

I enjoy Shadowlands and had finally gotten to the point where I could clear it comfortably; these changes are probably welcomed by those who have been crushing it for a while but to me it's a "just when you got the answers I change the questions" kind of move. WBU is the only bridge too far for me right now and I'm not sure the amount of effort required to clear that is worth the reward.

That's fair. I've been clearing Shadowlands for awhile now and was starting to get to the point of "Why am I playing this other than collecting characters?" so the new Shadowlands floors is a huge jolt of energy for me.

WBU is still funky because it's super hard but not impossible. I think it's better to have things to build towards then to be able to dominate personally. poo poo I still remember thinking Villian Seige hard was the pinnacle of difficulty. Then that the WB were just impossible for someone like me. Then came the asgard stages.

If you're a brand new player though and don't know who to use the freebies on to get the most bang for your buck you are in a lovely grind land for awhile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
Titania has a lot of junk in her trunk.

Nails
Oct 29, 2004

MALIGNANTLY USELESS
So, after getting the crystal package last month and this month, I've got around 3,300 crystals to spend on costumes. That Thanos costume looks badass, but my Thanos is only one star along with the rest of the BO because I'm still grinding up all of the normal characters and can't really afford to dump bios in them. Would that still be worth it for later? Do they generally tend to run an "all costumes sale" after the new ones end, without the new ones being on sale anymore? I feel like I remember them doing that once, but it's been a while. If that's unlikely, maybe I'll just nab the Thanos one for the discount since they're unlikely to do that again.

Sucks, because I was really looking forward to snapping up Homecoming Spiderman, Elsa, and probably She-Hulk's costumes, but now I can't. Even at T2, Elsa loving sucks without a costume.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

They'll do another all costumes sale soon enough. If you save it will only be a few weeks at most, probably. Worst case October/November for Ragnarok but there will probably be another patch before then.

I'm saving because I don't have Thanos, SpiderGwen, or Yondu anywhere near 6/60 so I'll just wait for a more useful costume on someone i have ranked up like Red Hulk.

Nails
Oct 29, 2004

MALIGNANTLY USELESS

STAC Goat posted:

They'll do another all costumes sale soon enough. If you save it will only be a few weeks at most, probably. Worst case October/November for Ragnarok but there will probably be another patch before then.

I'm saving because I don't have Thanos, SpiderGwen, or Yondu anywhere near 6/60 so I'll just wait for a more useful costume on someone i have ranked up like Red Hulk.

Yeah, that's pretty much the exact same boat I'm in. I figure that it seems like they do all costumes sales usually once a month or so, I'm just antsy because a few more costumes would make a big difference for me in SL.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

STAC Goat posted:

The lost guarantee of 25 daily diamonds a day may actually be not a big deal if you're getting an extra 30 for every 30 challenges you complete. That might not come every 5 days but it means even if you only get 3 or 4 in a day you can still add up to get the 30 after a week or so. I don't know the math on that.

We'll find out Thursday, but it sure looks like the circle resets weekly. In that case, you can fail up to five challenges and still get the 30, but since that means you're guaranteed to miss bare minimum one day's 25 if you fail any, you're pretty much breaking even in the best case. If it was just a rolling every-30 I'd be way more fine with it.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
The only daily challenge that is 100% out of line is WBU, even a world boss kill is doable 6/7 days of the week for a somewhat new player as long as they pick a solid starter character. Both of them should be removed as dailies, but WBU is a loving joke especially with Supergiant not even being killable by most summoners.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

My World Boss Daily is only participate, maybe they switched them from complete to participate after the first batch this morning. Does anyone have a WBU daily that is complete not participate after the daily reset this morning?

I do have a clear Villain Siege Hard which would be difficult for newer players so maybe they have participate/clear that are random.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

My Dailys today were
1 Special Clear
1 Timeline W
Clear Hard in Villain Siege
Clear 1 Dimension
Upgrade 1 Card

That's easy for me but for a long time I couldn't get the Hard in Villain Siege and Timeline Ws were difficult to come by.

If its rolling than I think its ok but if it all resets every week, then yeah, that sucks.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

The daily quest change definitely isn't good and while I'm not happy about it, I'm in this for the long haul. Knowing the Keke God, I can see a lot of backlash on some of these newbie-killing changes and hope they may make some adjustments for the future.

With over 140 characters, game still rules. Just not their best patch unfortunately.

Nails
Oct 29, 2004

MALIGNANTLY USELESS
Has anyone else hit a bug where you go to claim a supply cache from WBI only to have the game crash and the supply disappear? Not sure if it was a fluke, or if I should stop playing it until they catch that.

EDIT: I did another one and then came back and claimed it and it worked fine. I have no idea what caused it to happen the first time.

Nails fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Aug 10, 2017

ZodiakLucien
Jul 27, 2013

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

The daily quest change definitely isn't good and while I'm not happy about it, I'm in this for the long haul. Knowing the Keke God, I can see a lot of backlash on some of these newbie-killing changes and hope they may make some adjustments for the future.

With over 140 characters, game still rules. Just not their best patch unfortunately.

even though this is the worse patch in recent memory, it still doodoos on other mobile game patches.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

One thing I really like about this patch is that they changed up the BAM Generator so you can do a whole batch at once. So I no longer have to hit like 50 buttons to get 1 Rank 6.

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

Fried Sushi posted:

My World Boss Daily is only participate, maybe they switched them from complete to participate after the first batch this morning. Does anyone have a WBU daily that is complete not participate after the daily reset this morning?

Yeah I've had clear WBU both days. Plus ABX today!

KK's uni is p good. In ABX I played like poo poo, ate almost every meteor and still did 130k. He also outburst a Syn Elsa in coop :D

Edit: Oh wow new spidey beat my pimped out Carnage in WBI. 48.3% vs 48% so only barely, but still seems quite good.

Vodos fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Aug 10, 2017

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

navyjack posted:

Well, they fixed whatever was going on with SG in WBI, so clones actually do damage! So now I go from getting her knocked down by 10% with my Floki to knocking her down by 90%! :negative:

Hot drat, I did it!!!!!

porkinson
Jan 20, 2015

navyjack posted:

Hot drat, I did it!!!!!

Grats, what was your main for it? I still have to do it but my only summoners at T2 are Clea and Hellstorm.

Edit:
I will be getting uniformed KK T2 this week though, so that might help me. On this note what obelisk should I give him? He has one skill that does fire damage and I have a pretty good fire obbo, but unsure if that's the right course for him.

porkinson fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Aug 10, 2017

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

I'm gonna T2 Loki for this

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

porkinson posted:

Grats, what was your main for it? I still have to do it but my only summoners at T2 are Clea and Hellstorm.

Edit:
I will be getting uniformed KK T2 this week though, so that might help me. On this note what obelisk should I give him? He has one skill that does fire damage and I have a pretty good fire obbo, but unsure if that's the right course for him.

Weirdly enough, I used a T2 Floki with a damage proc ob. Used Medusa for leadership and threw in Hela. Mostly Leadership strikers. One thing I think is key is to use Floki to continually lure SG into the midst of the clones.

My T2 Hellstrom just gets obliterated in short order and I don't have any other T2 summoners to work with.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
Could it be that the Year of Tippytoe is upon us?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

it was incredibly nostalgic to drop loki clones and run around in a circle and get CC'd into lasers and pull off a win while standing in a laser about to die

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

If i'm looking to start shoveling endless amounts of bios down a T2's throat, is Thanos+Costume a better idea over Odin right now? i've got Moon King, Carnage, Iron Fist, and Wolvie at T2 (with Agent Vern coming up once i stop having to spend almost 100 bios to go from 19->20) so i'm fairly confident with my Combat stable but need that extra reassurance that i'm flushing my 6k+ bios down the right toilet.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

porkinson posted:

Edit:

I did it with Hela leading T2 Floki and Thor on the bench. I couldn’t do enough damage then I realized floki had Stark Backing. Once I threw an attack set on her it was easy.

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

a big fat bunny posted:

If i'm looking to start shoveling endless amounts of bios down a T2's throat, is Thanos+Costume a better idea over Odin right now? i've got Moon King, Carnage, Iron Fist, and Wolvie at T2 (with Agent Vern coming up once i stop having to spend almost 100 bios to go from 19->20) so i'm fairly confident with my Combat stable but need that extra reassurance that i'm flushing my 6k+ bios down the right toilet.

It depends what you're looking for. I'd say Thanos is a better TL character than Odin, but he's banned quite often in Vibranium. On auto he can clear all of chapter 12, which Odin can't do reliably, but also takes twice the time Odin takes.
Odin/Jean/Wolverine are still the fastest clearers, so having Wolvie you don't really need Odin as much as you would have before the X-Men update.
With ABX in mind, Odin is the best option for universal heroes, while Thanos now seems to be the best option for universal vilains (but Corvus and Dormy are still reliable clearers that day).
For WBU Starog and Jean are the best options.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

punchymcpunch posted:

it was incredibly nostalgic to drop loki clones and run around in a circle and get CC'd into lasers and pull off a win while standing in a laser about to die

Yeah I ticketed Loki and did it first try with 5 seconds to spare at about 10% HP. Hela - Loki - Thor and I'dve swapped in Wasp if it didn't work but it did. :toot:

Is there a consensus on which of the S6 are best? Besides vulture. I hit 4* on all of them the other day and dunno which I should be grinding for the next forever. E: I guess for shadowlands, I can always use another body.

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Aug 10, 2017

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

drat my Floki runs out of time with just under 200k left on her. Guess I need to move from Spy Tactics for ISO set.

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

Vodos posted:

It depends what you're looking for. I'd say Thanos is a better TL character than Odin, but he's banned quite often in Vibranium. On auto he can clear all of chapter 12, which Odin can't do reliably, but also takes twice the time Odin takes.
Odin/Jean/Wolverine are still the fastest clearers, so having Wolvie you don't really need Odin as much as you would have before the X-Men update.
With ABX in mind, Odin is the best option for universal heroes, while Thanos now seems to be the best option for universal vilains (but Corvus and Dormy are still reliable clearers that day).
For WBU Starog and Jean are the best options.

Thank you for the info!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So dailies are broken?

Edit ok not broken just reset. That's kinda a terrible way to do it.

MarcusSA fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Aug 11, 2017

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

MarcusSA posted:

So dailies are broken?

Edit ok not broken just reset. That's kinda a terrible way to do it.

Welp,

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

I think it's really cool that Keke Netmabu took all the user data showing how much people hate rumbles, wave modes, and being unable to scratch world boss unlimited rounds and incorporated it into the new shadowlands by giving us all rumbles, wave modes, and loving unbeatable stages.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Agreed, it's really cool

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
SM 2099 has shiny butt cheeks.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

He is a wonderful man. It's appropriate.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

New SL is great because it makes me realize I can't solo a wave with Anti Venom because he still had a 6 ISO set on from back when he was one of the first characters I six-starred.

Bird Law
Nov 5, 2009

Hummingbirds are a legal tender.
Really doubled down on the pop-ups with the last patch, huh? Jesus.

Still having tons of fun, true husbando Cyke will be T2 soonish :gay:

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

Largepotato posted:

SM 2099 has shiny butt cheeks.

Besides this important fact, I was wondering who you guys think is better. Vulture with stume or Shiny Butt Cheek Web Guy?

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

2099, don't be like some ppl and confuse quality of costume w quality of character

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

Yeah that's what I figured, drat I almost have vulture to T2 too. :smith:

ZodiakLucien
Jul 27, 2013

NmareBfly posted:

Yeah I ticketed Loki and did it first try with 5 seconds to spare at about 10% HP. Hela - Loki - Thor and I'dve swapped in Wasp if it didn't work but it did. :toot:

Is there a consensus on which of the S6 are best? Besides vulture. I hit 4* on all of them the other day and dunno which I should be grinding for the next forever. E: I guess for shadowlands, I can always use another body.

Sandman, he is super solid

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

im freaking the heck out posted:

Yeah that's what I figured, drat I almost have vulture to T2 too. :smith:

Vulture is real good though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Stunt Rock posted:

Vulture is real good though.

yeah! i cleared a (n early, it was floor 4, but its still a fuckin) wave with t1 vulture hes p cool