Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

https://mobile.twitter.com/wyatt_privilege/status/895475190032891905

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
centrists identify with being hollow in the middle

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Donkwich posted:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
appropriately, centrist dems will get dropped after decades of dunkin

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

gradenko_2000 posted:

I'm sorry if I just keep posting tweets in here but holy jesus god I don't know what else to say

https://twitter.com/leyawn/status/895609626393280512

Donkwich posted:

lmao

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
They should have gone with timbits, because it's all center

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Nina Turner owns

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Nina Turner owns because Hilltwitter literally cant help but shift into overt loving racism whenever she does anything.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
what happened to joe prince

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

anime was right posted:

what happened to joe prince

he peaces out of twitter for a bit pretty regularly

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Donkwich posted:

anime was right posted:

appropriately, centrist dems will get dropped after decades of dunkin

like the contents of robin hood's quiver, these takes are both accurate and pointed

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

That Hamilton fan person hapring on donuts while simultaneously getting very seriously mad about corncobs is :discourse:

Marie Antoinette YAS KWEEENed herself to the top of French society and then we learned that all the dudebros out there simply can't handle a powerful woman

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Donkwich posted:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
so the donut emoji is the official 'calm down darkie, the white people will speak for you' emoji, spread the word

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

The Onion has to stop doing real news

http://www.theonion.com/article/hillary-clinton-opens-new-presidential-library-cha-56615?utm_content=Main&utm_campaign=SF&utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=SocialMarketing

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Fleetwood posted:

What's the deal with all these self-righteous right-of-center libs who claim, kicking and screaming, to be progressives. This is like when someone gets absorbed by The Thing and then have no idea that they have become The Thing.

its hard to have self reflection and critical thinking when you're arrogant and full of hubris, same goes for some people on the left too. It's important to keep that cup empty so whatever new information comes up you're able to maneuver and adapt instead of being bogged into an inflexible rigid dogma or ideology so you end up melting down and having a screaming match with someone you don't like in a passive aggressive manner in perpetuity while nothing gets done at all :ironicat:

Basically if you keep that cup empty, you get to acquire new knowledge, gain more insights into certain points instead of outright dismissal that gives you as usual, an skewed and incomplete map of what's going on. It's the equivalent of closing your eyes, sticking your fingers in yer ears and going "lalala" if you think this value that you invested in entirely your core beliefs, represents what you think is potentially beneficial, doesn't always apply to everyone because you can't categorize people and label political spectrums.

You can try but you'll just be an idiot because the lines have blurred so much with double speak and pandering that names and labels are virtually worthless. Some republicans take up some progressive views and they have a cognitive dissonance when they're explained that it is actually a progressive, they get even more resistant and mortified for example because they care about what the label represents instead of the value of the idea itself. :capitalism: Branding is super important omg~ So then the issue is detracted and you're already drawing lines in the sand so lmao~

It's difficult to have self awareness when you're busy incubating and constantly adjusting your values without actually taking a step back because you're so busy fighting other people and things with what you already presume to know. Everyone does it and it takes effort to step back and notice that and realign sometimes.

Can't be a progressive if you don't notice the mistakes that people should at least avoid instead of willfully and spitefully double downing on it because they want to hurt you the same as you've hurt them somehow and you might not even be aware of it or you're consumed with the fact that they're a spiteful idiot and you want to hurt them~ You do. They want to cause willful harm after all out of sheer entitlement, luxury, and time simply because the resources have been so abundant more than before in human history that it grants us the ability to shitpost about it forever until the nukes fly. :capitalism:

:hai:

its all connected, and if people are resistant to that and hem-haw about it, you know that people are a bitch to change. You'd think people would be eager to prove that it didn't work but they won't let that happen because...

Lastgirl has issued a correction as of 14:08 on Aug 10, 2017

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Inescapable Duck posted:

so the donut emoji is the official 'calm down darkie, the white people will speak for you' emoji, spread the word

At least they're acknowledging Nina Turner exists now

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Lastgirl posted:

its hard to have self reflection and critical thinking when you're arrogant and full of hubris, same goes for some people on the left too. It's important to keep that cup empty so whatever new information comes up you're able to maneuver and adapt instead of being bogged into an inflexible rigid dogma or ideology so you end up melting down and having a screaming match with someone you don't like in a passive aggressive manner in perpetuity while nothing gets done at all :ironicat:

I have to say getting corncobbed to hell on 11/9 really forced me to re-examine my beliefs and value system.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

But they say a hero's coming soon
He's coming to take a giant breath
Into his lungs and blow away the sun

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Crowsbeak posted:

Hey, I was going to post that! Also, this just shows why libs need to bullied.

I'm the DSA member that's both physically and politically intimidating to anyone

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

zegermans posted:

I'm the DSA member that's both physically and politically intimidating to anyone

twitter isn't working but pretend I posted one of mindthet's lifting vids

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

twitter isn't working but pretend I posted one of mindthet's lifting vids

here you go

https://twitter.com/beezy1peezy/status/895445797944176640

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!

omg

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I'm the cheesecloth shirt

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
the_ham_fan

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I think soul food has more than one staple dish, but if it had only one it would be mac and cheese, not cornbread, right?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

cornbread is the staple side in spirit cooking

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Joementum posted:

I think soul food has more than one staple dish, but if it had only one it would be mac and cheese, not cornbread, right?

the important thing here is that corncobs have nothing to do with cornbread, besides both being corn. This is like trying to draw a parallel between Mexican food and Italian food, because flour tortillas and spaghetti are both made with wheat.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I thought soul food was most associated with pork

https://mobile.twitter.com/jjvincent/status/895554642133659648

I can't wait to register my genome.to vote

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
a corncob is a husk in the center of a plant. a corncob is a thing whose only utility is in grinding up for feed, fertilizer, or in hollowing out for the purposes of smoking.

pelosi legalize weed

Gene Hackman Fan has issued a correction as of 15:19 on Aug 10, 2017

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The corncob stuff and the donut stuff happening simultaneously from the same people is seriously hilarious though

hilarious in a "depressing if you think about it too long" way

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I thought soul food was most associated with pork

https://mobile.twitter.com/jjvincent/status/895554642133659648

I can't wait to register my genome.to vote

Bet people are gonna mod their genome to play solitaire and they'll die from some sort of super-mutation

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

loquacius posted:

The corncob stuff and the donut stuff happening simultaneously from the same people is seriously hilarious though

Doughnut/Donut-ing is corncobbing.

:laffo:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

loquacius posted:

They're slowly but surely turning into the alt-right

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

that depression beard tho

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

ThndrShk2k posted:

Doughnut/Donut-ing is corncobbing.

:laffo:

Is there a level beyond cobbed because I think these folks are reaching it.

The power of the Hyperbolic Cobb Chamber that is Twitter I guess

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtEFEdrrXc4

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
So wait what's the doughnut thing?

Nina Turner said she couldn't be bought with donuts and people are making it a big deal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Frijolero posted:

So wait what's the doughnut thing?

Nina Turner said she couldn't be bought with donuts and people are making it a big deal?

she wasnt let into some dnc thing so they brought her donuts and she said she didnt want the donuts

• Locked thread