Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
lol that guy is 2 years older thann me and looks a decade older

edit: lol

https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/895505553182666752

Double edit:

https://twitter.com/politico/status/895585552090771457

Multi-edit:

https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/west-virginia-gov-justice-asks-trump-for-4-5-billion-to-save-eastern-coal-1502312048

The man who just switched parties is asking for $4.5 billion (A YEAR) to save coal jobs

quote:

Mr. Justice’s family owns businesses in the region, but he said they mostly produce metallurgical coal for steel-making rather than thermal coal, so his proposal wouldn’t directly benefit him. “I am not in play trying to pat myself on the butt,” he said.

Hot Karl Marx fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Aug 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Godholio posted:

We might go to war about 3 minutes after Trump sees this on the morning news.

plan #noballsnoballs is really going places with that secret service permit

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Godholio posted:

We might go to war about 3 minutes after Trump sees this on the morning news.

Friendly reminder to always follow @darth:

https://twitter.com/darth/status/895364391851311104

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Totally killed my morning wood at least.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

31 year old virgin who looks 40

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
He makes me feel okay about my slightly receding hairline and little bit larger than normal forehead.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

TBeats posted:

He makes me feel okay about my slightly receding hairline and little bit larger than normal forehead.

you shouldnt feel ok about that leper!

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

You could look like the elaphant man and still be glad you're not Miller. Being a College Republican is bad enough without veering off into outright neo-Nazi.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Casimir Radon posted:

You could look like the elaphant man and still be glad you're not Miller. Being a College Republican is bad enough without veering off into outright neo-Nazi.

Miller reminds me more of Charles Limbergh than a neo-Nazi. Very similar, but he's careful to couch all of his awful beliefs in warped logic.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

psydude posted:

Miller reminds me more of Charles Limbergh than a neo-Nazi. Very similar, but he's careful to couch all of his awful beliefs in warped logic.
He and Richard Spencer were friends in college. He's fully touched the poop.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

psydude posted:

I know a guy who flew P-38s in the Pacific with Limbergh.

Welp that's my story

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

psydude posted:

He's a full on Nazi, including repeating common Stormfront arguments and having associated with Spencer previously.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Russia's spy plane over Washington DC is adorable.
A manned spyplane in 2017 is just adorable.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Proud Christian Mom posted:

you shouldnt feel ok about that leper!

I got like a 4.25 head. He's got like a seven head.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

NoNostalgia4Grover posted:

The Open Skies thing? It's not a spy plane, and it has Americans on board.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Godholio posted:

The Open Skies thing? It's not a spy plane, and it has Americans on board.

Yeah, it's been funny watching non-foamers/national security people freak the gently caress out about it though.
https://twitter.com/jonostrower/status/895375058050453505

They do this once a year or so. I saw it fly over the Pentagon. Was actually kind of cool TBH.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Kazinsal posted:

dogg I cannot brook the gossamer bloatee

phuzzylodgik
Oct 20, 2005

Fuck this filter shit.

Handsome Ralph posted:

Yeah, it's been funny watching non-foamers/national security people freak the gently caress out about it though.

They do this once a year or so. I saw it fly over the Pentagon. Was actually kind of cool TBH.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_on_Open_Skies

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Handsome Ralph posted:

It might be once a year over DC, but these happen all the time. It's no big deal, aside from making a few arrangements here and there.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Kuroyama posted:

It might be once a year over DC, but these happen all the time. It's no big deal, aside from making a few arrangements here and there.

I know this. I'm making fun of the people who are just learning about Open Skies because of the flight over D.C. and are acting like Russia carried out some brazen act because TRUMP!.

\/\/ :lol: See?

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Aug 10, 2017

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Handsome Ralph posted:

I know this. I'm making fun of the people who are just learning about Open Skies because of the flight over D.C. and are acting like Russia carried out some brazen act because TRUMP!.

https://twitter.com/NYCSimmons/status/895400066948706305

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

NoNostalgia4Grover posted:

U-2S is still flying in support of the forever war...

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Is it possible the only thing don man is guilty of WRT election fuckery, is that he surrounds himself with a combination of Russian plants/incompetence/ shady business men because he's an easy dude to be around if you just act like a Don man is big strong maga warrior with the most bigly hands?

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

KildarX posted:

Is it possible the only thing don man is guilty of WRT election fuckery, is that he surrounds himself with a combination of Russian plants/incompetence/ shady business men because he's an easy dude to be around if you just act like a Don man is big strong maga warrior with the most bigly hands?

This is probably the most likely scenario IMO. Donald is too easy to run without actually putting your hands on him. The buttons are too easy to press and he doesn't need to be controlled that closely. Surround him with the "right" people and let it happen naturally. Plus he's technically "clean".

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/895667763460530177

Say they nail Manafort on money laundering or something, how does that get us closer to Trump? Manafort isn't working for Trump anymore.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Waroduce posted:

This is probably the most likely scenario IMO. Donald is too easy to run without actually putting your hands on him. The buttons are too easy to press and he doesn't need to be controlled that closely. Surround him with the "right" people and let it happen naturally. Plus he's technically "clean".

Meh, he may not have been aware, but I'm willing to bet quite a few of his financial dealings with his Son/Son-in-Law's companies with Russia are not so clean and influenced who he surrounded himself with. Which is still basically illegal.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Aug 10, 2017

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

The hilarious thing is that all of that is irrelevant. He's been such an idiot about it all that he's now being investigated for obstruction of justice and money laundering unrelated to the election itself.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

BigDave posted:

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/895667763460530177

Say they nail Manafort on money laundering or something, how does that get us closer to Trump? Manafort isn't working for Trump anymore.

Yes. It will give them leverage against Manafort to get him to testify against everyone else.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Surprised no one posted this yet (ugh WaPo)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...mp-proposed-it/

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Yup, the GOP isn't even pretending they don't want a dictatorship anymore.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

KildarX posted:

Recent history is useful here. Bill Clinton was competent and politically aware and still ended up with impeachment proceedings. Trump is a loving clown that couldn't think his way out of a wet paper bag with two hands, a map and a pair of scissors.

Even if we assume he's only bought and sold by Russian oligarch money funding his repeated bankruptcies and is somehow still innocent, he'll gently caress things up by flying into a narcissistic rage when the pressure starts building and welp! poo poo there's already rumblings of obstruction of justice and things are still at the approaching status of real. Put Donald in sworn testimony like they got Bill with for "perjury" and just let the broke brained fat gently caress ramble on in anger. Easiest prosecution ever.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Plan to institute military oath against suicide could backfire, some experts say

quote:

WASHINGTON — A congressman who served in Afghanistan is championing an idea to request departing servicemembers sign an oath not to harm themselves, as a method to deter veteran suicides.

But some suicide prevention experts contend the plan is likely to do the opposite.

Rep. Brian Mast, R-Fla., who took office this January, is an Army veteran who lost both of his legs in 2010 from a roadside bomb explosion in Kandahar. When promoting the “Oath of Exit” on the House floor last month, Mast said servicemembers are known for honoring their commitments – and if they commit to contacting fellow veterans before harming themselves, they’d do it.

Though it’s well-intentioned, the oath – essentially a no-suicide contract – is an outdated notion proven not to work, and it could even backfire, some experts said.

“It won’t work, to put it bluntly,” said Craig Bryan, a psychologist and executive director of the National Center for Veterans Studies at the University of Utah. “At best, it would be a neutral effect, but it could make things worse.”

Another winning idea from the party of small government alongside abstinence only sex ed :patriot:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Lol

"Okay I'm to the point in my life where I wanna swallow a bullet because I feel like I have no reason at all to live so..."

*chambers a round, cocks hammer*

".....wait a minute, this goes against my oath!!"

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
*prints out oath*

*hangs oath on wall behind head*

*gets gun*

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Missionary Positron posted:

Plan to institute military oath against suicide could backfire, some experts say

Another winning idea from the party of small government alongside abstinence only sex ed :patriot:

Does the oath come with a cheap promise ring?

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

TBeats posted:

Lol

"Okay I'm to the point in my life where I wanna swallow a bullet because I feel like I have no reason at all to live so..."

*chambers a round, cocks hammer*

".....wait a minute, this goes against my oath!!"

Hey, if they wanted to be evil, they could cancel survivor benefits for suicides.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Republicans uncomfortably ok with:

1. Neo-Nazi's
2. Russia with delusions of the USSR
3. Unhinged ya'llqaeda types
4. An American Dictatorship

so long as it's their team being helped/rooted for. I Wonder what else we get to add to this list.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
So of course we'll need funding for a department of no suicide oath, and we'll need a team of civilian contractors to staff and of course we'll need 3 days of briefings and powerpoints to be viewed before signing and if you don't sign then we'll need a signature from the brigade commander.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

KildarX posted:

2. Russia with delusions of the USSR

What's scary is that the Russian Federation doesn't have delusions of being the USSR. I think Putin et al have learned from the mistakes the late USSR and early Russian Federation made, especially militarily.

If they were just being USSR lite with massive divisions of conscript armies I'd be less concerned than I am now.

• Locked thread