Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i think donutting is when the bernie bros go craaaaazy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
nevermind that a similarly brokebrained progressive or dedicated troll could accuse donutters of misogynoir given that they're using it as an attempted harassment of a black woman (combination of the gynecological symbolism of donuts plus their repeated erasure of leftist women and PoC). Somebody could, but i haven't the patience for trolling and my headmeats ain't that busted to try and argue w/ them on twitter.

but overall it's another illustration of a much larger problem: that the dnc would rather make inconsequential and performatory gestures rather than allow others access to what little power they have left.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Eat the donuts nina

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Frijolero posted:

So wait what's the doughnut thing?

Nina Turner said she couldn't be bought with donuts and people are making it a big deal?

liberals sneer at the idea of someone who can't be bribed.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

They have accepted the premise that Nina being brought donuts meant she was being shut out of the democratic process, and they are proud of this and celebrating it

how do they not see that they are the villains in this scenario :confused:

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

anime was right posted:

she wasnt let into some dnc thing so they brought her donuts and she said she didnt want the donuts

oh that's pretty lovely actually (on the DNC)

i'm glad Nina Turner is a badass who'll only be fueled by this bullshit

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Like is it supposed to be that the dnc was just being genuinely kind by offering donuts and CRAZY NINA just couldn't be thankful and shut up

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Oh Snapple! posted:

Like is it supposed to be that the dnc was just being genuinely kind by offering donuts and CRAZY NINA just couldn't be thankful and shut up

That is what they unironically believe, yes. A representative of a major Democratic constituency and former politician was shut out of the DNC, but her taking donuts & water as an insult is what's offensive.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

loquacius posted:

They have accepted the premise that Nina being brought donuts meant she was being shut out of the democratic process, and they are proud of this and celebrating it

how do they not see that they are the villains in this scenario :confused:

luv 2 deny people sugary treats :twisted:

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Frijolero posted:

So wait what's the doughnut thing?

Nina Turner said she couldn't be bought with donuts and people are making it a big deal?

Nina + crew were barricaded outside the DNC office when they tried to deliver their platform. Nina is upset about being barricaded, and cited the water and donuts as the table scraps she got compared to what she wanted (to walk inside and be acknowledged as an equal voice in the 'unified' party).

Clinton wing is all like "at least we got you donuts, why are you complaining? Barricades are just policy!"

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
Dems sure loves to patronize black women

If there was only a word to describe their biased actions.

:thunk:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
has anyone uncovered what kind of donuts they were?

also, just water with the donuts? step up your coffee game, DNC

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
🐍Hissssssssssssss🐍

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Joementum posted:

has anyone uncovered what kind of donuts they were?

also, just water with the donuts? step up your coffee game, DNC

look its just not in the budget to get some coffee, they have to afford those consultants somehow

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
You can have your cake donut and eat it too

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

My complements to the current thread title

Big suprise, unemployment because those people had a 'skills mismatch' was total bullshit

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

dems are gonna go after the nonexistent neocon vote. read frum's replies

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/895647441298505728
https://twitter.com/davidfrum/status/895650202958409729

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
was it nina or symone that was turned away from the actual convention for being black and a bernie supporter

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Lastgirl posted:

they make cake donuts you know

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
can we word filter donuts to vagina buns, and glazed donuts creamy vagina buns tia

im just worried about the memetic potential of turning confection based food into another corn cob

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Speaking of which, Greenwald intentionally burned a source, sending her to jail, because she made him look bad privately.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Unemployement is structural, to maintain the reserve pool of labor.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Raskolnikov38 posted:

was it nina or symone that was turned away from the actual convention for being black and a bernie supporter

Nina was scheduled to speak on day one of the convention but was pulled because she refused to endorse Hillary.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Joementum posted:

Nina was scheduled to speak on day one of the convention but was pulled because she refused to endorse Hillary.

no thats not it, there was a story about one of them being turned away by security guards and bernie getting mad about it

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

the real reason the "skill mismatch" thing is being perpetrated is because having the unemployed train in skills that are expensive to employers drives wages down and enriches the investment class

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

funny how krugman says that drastic structural changes would be ok and not unrealistic again now that theres not a presidential primary

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Unemployement is structural, to maintain the reserve pool of labor.

Control inflation in normal economic times

or are we agreeing but just describing it differently?

in the case of said skills mispatch horseshit, I think the free market idealists just couldn't compute that people wanted jobs and the market was not providing that

BEEP BEEP FATAL ERROR: MARKET CANNOT MAKE ERRORS, NOT SUPPLY ALL DEMANDS

ASSIGN BLAME: PEOPLE ARE IN ERROR

Captain Kirk could make them explode, I think

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Joementum posted:

~*~ DEMOCRACY ~*~

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Shear Modulus posted:

funny how krugman says that drastic structural changes would be ok and not unrealistic again now that theres not a presidential primary

it's almost like he's an idiot hack or something

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

donutgate

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Shear Modulus posted:

Kruggie can suck my balls and then eat my entire rear end

I'm flexible on the order in which this happens

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

They call us dirty cause we break all your rules down
And we just came to act a fool, is that all right?
(Girl, that's alright)
They be like, ooh let them eat cake
But we eat wings and throw them bones on the ground

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

just a reminder the DSA is currently brain parasite free

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Raskolnikov38 posted:

just a reminder the DSA is currently brain parasite free
Jury's still out on that.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

ThndrShk2k posted:

Jury's still out on that.

wrong half of the criminal justice system

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

dsa: heated debates on law enforcement in a post capital society
democrats: racist donut emoji

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

dsa: heated debates on law enforcement in a post capital society
democrats: racist donut emoji

I've always wondered why the DSA keeps hating on the Dems using emojis when 90% of their activism ends at putting a rose emoji in their twitter handle?

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

zegermans posted:

I've always wondered why the DSA keeps hating on the Dems using emojis when 90% of their activism ends at putting a rose emoji in their twitter handle?

the rose is dsa approved and endorsed

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

anime was right posted:

the real reason the "skill mismatch" thing is being perpetrated is because having the unemployed train in skills that are expensive to employers drives wages down and enriches the investment class

Sounds about right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Lastgirl posted:

Why not a Cake Donut? Those are good btw.

• Locked thread