Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Realtalk every time I see some upper class poo poo bag who's had life handed to them on a platter going "well actually giving poor people money is bad" like they've ever loving wanted for anything in their life I start planning elaborate death traps

Younger people with that mindset rule because instead of saying "I had to work my rear end off and people expect handouts!" they say "my parents worked very hard to get where they are!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Grondoth posted:

It's funny because realizing that a lot of people can't even afford the things I took for granted(my dad's a doctor, I can see a doctor whenever I want) was a big part of my radicalization process

I donno how these silver spoon asses don't look around and realize how unjust it all is

they're paid not to at best and think a mixture of race science and the lower classes just being lazy is the problem at worst

or flip those around because both are awful hate filled mindsets to have, just one is pure self-protecting nihilism and the other is actually believing in fascism

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
if you're taught from birth that you're better than poor people and you deserve that money, you never get to that point of self awareness, it's great!!!

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

cat doter posted:

if you're taught from birth that you're better than poor people and you deserve that money, you never get to that point of self awareness, it's great!!!

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Realtalk every time I see some upper class poo poo bag who's had life handed to them on a platter going "well actually giving poor people money is bad" like they've ever loving wanted for anything in their life I start planning elaborate death traps

It's these loving moments where I truly understand the Reign of Terror.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Guns are readily available.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Dimebags Brain posted:

It's these loving moments where I truly understand the Reign of Terror.

Last king, last priest, et cetera.

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
The boys playing failson robert's rules is now my lifeblood

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Grondoth posted:

It's funny because realizing that a lot of people can't even afford the things I took for granted(my dad's a doctor, I can see a doctor whenever I want) was a big part of my radicalization process

I donno how these silver spoon asses don't look around and realize how unjust it all is

Yes, let's convert them to glorious revolution.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

I think it was on the David Cross or the first Tim Heidecker episode where they said "it feels like every other week I have to learn about another one of these assholes" and that's how I feel reading that poo poo Catherine Campbell wrote

rampell's whole shtick is millennial david brooks

you really don't need to bother with her

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

http://www.post-gazette.com/opinion/letters/2017/08/09/This-grad-student-would-rather-not-join-a-union-nbsp/stories/201708080015
"I am not saying that I am happy with the status quo. I am simply saying that unionizing has a large potential to make things worse for graduate students. In the end, I believe the goal of graduate school is to learn — not make money — even if that means I need to take out loans, tutor or drive for Lyft and Uber to help pay rent."

See I need to barely be able to pay rent to be a good grad student, not like being in a union and having benefits as a worker would allow me to focus on my learning :downs:

Grondoth posted:

Thank god my dad is in a union so I know where I can thank all my existence and standard of living from since he sure as poo poo would not be doing as well as a non union insulator. Funny how all his friends make fun of him for being in a union though.

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Grondoth posted:

In a culture that worships social darwinism, acknowledging privilege is akin to admitting you are an impostor who does not deserve a decent life. I'm sure if I was a trust fund Harvard grad raised by type A psychos I too would be champing at the bit to write Op Eds rationalizing my privilege.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

achillesforever6 posted:

http://www.post-gazette.com/opinion/letters/2017/08/09/This-grad-student-would-rather-not-join-a-union-nbsp/stories/201708080015
"I am not saying that I am happy with the status quo. I am simply saying that unionizing has a large potential to make things worse for graduate students. In the end, I believe the goal of graduate school is to learn — not make money — even if that means I need to take out loans, tutor or drive for Lyft and Uber to help pay rent."

See I need to barely be able to pay rent to be a good grad student, not like being in a union and having benefits as a worker would allow me to focus on my learning :downs:

Successful anti-union efforts rely on thuggish intimidation because actual arguments against unionization are just that weak. Like how the chairman at Slate recently argued against a writers' union as "not being Slate-y" or some such nonsense.

Your boss arguing that you don't need a union is like a cop arguing that you don't need a lawyer.

RatEarth
Aug 7, 2017

I didn't say that.
but it'd be funny if I did

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Successful anti-union efforts rely on thuggish intimidation because actual arguments against unionization are just that weak. Like how the chairman at Slate recently argued against a writers' union as "not being Slate-y" or some such nonsense.

Your boss arguing that you don't need a union is like a cop arguing that you don't need a lawyer.

We won't even let people in other countries unionize, it's absolutely crazy (and disgusting). If it's a poor enough country that we can manipulate, we'll straight up just hire government thugs to gun down unionizing workers i.e. basically all of central/south America.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Vulpinetaco posted:

We won't even let people in other countries unionize, it's absolutely crazy (and disgusting). If it's a poor enough country that we can manipulate, we'll straight up just hire government thugs to gun down unionizing workers i.e. basically all of central/south America.

that's how we used to do things here, and if any mass unionization push among lower wage workers looks like it has an actual chance of succeeding you'll see it again

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Yeah, in one form or another the Pinkerton Detective Agency will make its comeback if capital starts to feel threatened.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Mr. Lobe posted:

Yeah, in one form or another the Pinkerton Detective Agency will make its comeback if capital starts to feel threatened.

They never went away baby! Not even a namechange!

https://www.pinkerton.com/

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Pinkerton About Page posted:

Pinkerton created the forerunner to the U.S. Secret Service, hired America's first woman detective

You couldn't loving make this up if you wanted

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Everything is a goddamn joke brb need to start taking discordianism more seriously

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Everything is a goddamn joke brb need to start taking discordianism more seriously

You'll pry ddate from my cold dead linux installation.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Mr. Lobe posted:

Considering who owns Pinkerton now, I really wouldn't worry about it. Besides, they'll probably use whatever Blackwater is called nowadays instead.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/kahniferous73/status/893589835566514181

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/spookperson/status/895544854767325185

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

What the hell is "white marxism"? Surely Marxism is inherently about class above all else.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

frameset posted:

What the hell is "white marxism"? Surely Marxism is inherently about class above all else.

Because race isn't the first thing you care about, you must be racist.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

How dare you turn piss against us

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Halloween Jack posted:

I don't. A Makarov and a basement room with a drain in the center is as elaborate as we need.

Smdh. Ammunition could be better spent combating the capitalists than purging undesirables. Guillotines all the way. Simple to produce and economical to run.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Love racist centrists.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/DPRK_News/status/895686401223557120

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
oh snap dprk you go get em girlfriend

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Personally I think it's cool Trump makes Gorka dress as an oriental butler to a robber baron from the 1930s.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

cat doter posted:

oh snap dprk you go get em girlfriend

I don't think that's a real account, specifically given it rted a russian dude's WH40K cosplay and follows Levar Button and SwiftonSecurity for some reason.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
what's the donut thing on twitter

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
Seems like lib types going on the offensive in positioning Nina Turner as someone pushing race politics against them?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

GalacticAcid posted:

what's the donut thing on twitter
Nina Turner and a crowd of Our Revolution supporters went to the DNC to deliver petitions. They were not allowed to enter, but offered donuts and water while they stood around outside barricades. Turner characterized this as arrogant and insulting.

Of course, this has become Liberal Twitter's best lamest meme since Manbun Ken.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
What upsets me most about Berniebro Ken is it would have been genuinely funny in tankie hands.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer
No better emoji to announce to the world that you're an rear end in a top hat than a brown donut I guess.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Imagine conversing with any of these people
https://twitter.com/leyawn/status/895748148123095040

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

"Let them eat donuts."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

These people really need to take an extended break from Twitter for their own good.