Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

JerryLee posted:

the more immediate point is that of all the things on which you (riot) could spend one of the limited number of nu-runes at a particular slot, a further incentive for the thing everyone already takes forever anyway seems like kind of a waste

if riot made a rune for a summoner no one used people would just be pissed that they made a useless ability in the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

curiousCat posted:

do you remember that weird spot in botlane that made flash triple the length or whatever

i dont go to the "bot lane". its a disgusting filth spot full of carries and supports

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I want to make an all laneswap gimmick account but i dont want to level said account.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Verviticus posted:

i dont go to the "bot lane". its a disgusting filth spot full of carries and supports

Not really much to add here

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

I'm back to exactly where I was if I hadn't wasted hundreds of hours playing league.

one trick forever :( 70% winrate with anivia, -20% winrate with everyone else combined.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
There needs to be some shorthand slang for your tanks/peeling champs constantly flashing forward in teamfights to engage their backline with mediocre dps while their own backline just gets exploded cause I feel like this is one of the number one mistakes you see from people who's job is to protect your squishies.

Just had a butt clenchingly close lategame where we really just had to have ww sit around and ult twitch when he showed up but he'd always blow it for engage and we'd have to scramble to recover.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
It's called "Tankspotting"

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Methanar posted:

I'm back to exactly where I was if I hadn't wasted hundreds of hours playing league.

one trick forever :( 70% winrate with anivia, -20% winrate with everyone else combined.

And that's why you just play the one champion you actually know how to play

S-tier scoreboard.jpg by gudetama right here

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The perfect timing rune that gives you a free 600g hourglass component should basically read:

If you are laning against a zed/fizz you get to nullify their first ultimate.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
good

gently caress fizz

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

The perfect timing rune that gives you a free 600g hourglass component should basically read:

good

gently caress zed

and every other assassin for that matter.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

JerryLee posted:

It's not so much that this particular upgrade destroys the balance of the rift forever (though it's hard to make the argument that this moves it in the right direction); rather, the more immediate point is that of all the things on which you (riot) could spend one of the limited number of nu-runes at a particular slot, a further incentive for the thing everyone already takes forever anyway seems like kind of a waste

e: If Flash needed a buff this is actually about as interesting and nuanced a way as you could think of to go about it; the issue is what a gigantic "if" that is

this isn't a buff to flash, is my point. flash is the default state of being for all humans. flash cannot be made stronger or weaker. it is merely an option in the new rune system.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

The more I think about it the better that rune seems and the lower the chances of it going live with the 6 minute timing seems. I could see them pushing it back to 10 or even 15 minutes so that you're trading off the ability to buy it early and potentially stop/start someone from snowballing off of an early dive for getting it free and having an improved Zhonya's/GA.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The implication that ADC will soon have their own version of zhonya's active makes me think they just want zed and fizz to be removed from the game entirely, which most people here seem to be ok with.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can you not cleanse Zed/Fizz ults with QSS/Mercurial?

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
No, and you haven't been able to for a long time now

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

The implication that ADC will soon have their own version of zhonya's active makes me think they just want zed and fizz to be removed from the game entirely, which most people here seem to be ok with.

It's a one-time use item that costs 600g, gives zero stats, takes up an item slot, and only builds into one valuable item (Guardian Angel) for ADCs that's maybe third item at the earliest.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

single use only, though. It builds into GA, which they stated won't have it's passive changed or an active added.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was under the impression that between QSS and GA the devs figure the "Zhonya-like ADC item" problem solved. QSS lets you get out of things that Zhonya doesn't (like Malz ult, really any hard cc that disables most other items); meanwhile, GA and Zhonya both take you out of combat for a few seconds during which the thing happens to you.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

what champion do you guys think makes the biscuits? i am leaning towards soraka personally but i could also see braum or maybe like lux

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

pog boyfriend posted:

what champion do you guys think makes the biscuits? i am leaning towards soraka personally but i could also see braum or maybe like lux

It's loving pantheon

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

pog boyfriend posted:

Baker Pantheon

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kingcobweb posted:

It's loving pantheon

henkman posted:

Baker Pantheon

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

pog boyfriend posted:

I thought it was that british guy with cancer

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Pussy Quipped posted:

I thought it was that british guy with cancer

He's cancer free now

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

kingcobweb posted:

It's loving pantheon

the biscuits predate baker pantheon

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

henkman posted:

Baker Pantheon

Sinful Succulence Morgana as well

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

pog boyfriend posted:

the biscuits predate baker pantheon

He's had the VO line since the dawn of time!!

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

i agree that zed and fizz will be unplayable if they are able to kill the adc exactly one less time after the adc starts building their third item and also has this tradeoff over potentially having a qss

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

rabidsquid posted:

i agree that zed and fizz will be unplayable if they are able to kill the adc exactly one less time after the adc starts building their third item and also has this tradeoff over potentially having a qss

They're already all about going in and snowballing off of the enemy carries and both mid and adc having that item will inevitably make them at least a tiny bit weaker.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

not getting a kill off first roam while power spiking is actually huge. it means the assassin has to dejectedly walk into lane, missing anywhere between 2-4 waves of cs, and come back with no ultimate while the other laner got a free xp advantage and some pedro. think about the scene in space jam where charles barkley got all his basket ball playing skill stolen and put into the monstars magic basketball and he tried to play basketball with some kids in the hood, and the kids just hosed him up and said he was not the real charles barkley... that is what zed will experience coming back into lane lower hp with no kill, ult on cd, and behind on xp and gold

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i mean you could just kill the support. or probably still the adc anyway

edit: also unless im crazy there's no loving way an adc has that component when zed is making his first roam?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Why would an adc have the component of a guardian angel when zed makes his "first roam"

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Really crippling for zed when he leaves lane at 22 minutes and heads down bot and cant get a kill due to the ADC having golden man, not to mention they can actually kill the zed thanks to their iedge shiv boots 2. Seems really unbalanced.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Work Friend Keven posted:

Why would an adc have the component of a guardian angel when zed makes his "first roam"

because the zed is bad

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Work Friend Keven posted:

i thought ppl were talking about the thing that gives you the zhonyas active at 6 minutes

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

in the case of that im gonna assume that adcs arent gonna be able to take it for the same reason they cant really use gargoyles the same way other characters who can drop a rotation and then pop it for survivability / wait for the next rotation to pop up, but i guess if there are no offensive masteries that will get you blasted by the other guy it might be fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

in the case of that im gonna assume that adcs arent gonna be able to take it for the same reason they cant really use gargoyles the same way other characters who can drop a rotation and then pop it for survivability / wait for the next rotation to pop up, but i guess if there are no offensive masteries that will get you blasted by the other guy it might be fine

yeah i have no idea how viable this rune keystone thingy is going to be, without having seen the whole set. but if the other ones blow, taking a defensive option to survive one tower dive might not be that bad to be honest. i am just saying in a world where this rune thing is being used, having a zed try to dive an adc and have them zhonyas is devastating

• Locked thread