Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Panfilo posted:

I think it would be really sick if there were all these different variations of human factions in every region. It would mean you wouldn't always be fighting a direct Empire analogue with various other factions; you might be fighting faux-Holy Roman Empire, faux-Ottoman Empire, faux Chinese Empire, etc. It helps to make each region distinct.

Seeing what they've done to Norsca, I could definitely see Tilea/Estalia being a late DLC for the second game, given that they can pull so much from the Dogs of War unit list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that
I love the Tribal Confederation mechanic. It just feels so completely true to the character of Norsca: beat up someone's leader and they will 100% join you

I also like that their wizard recruitment building is a very useful low-tier structure so I can have wizards before midgame

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Panfilo posted:

I think it would be really sick if there were all these different variations of human factions in every region. It would mean you wouldn't always be fighting a direct Empire analogue with various other factions; you might be fighting faux-Holy Roman Empire, faux-Ottoman Empire, faux Chinese Empire, etc. It helps to make each region distinct.

Gameplay variety is racist and

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Gay Horney posted:

Gameplay variety is racist and

IDGI

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Nazi rats. Squeak Heil!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Cardiac posted:

Sorry about that.

lmao @ diving in head-first to defend mentions of sex slavery and having to walk it back when the other person's actually ok with it too

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

lmao @ diving in head-first to defend mentions of sex slavery and having to walk it back when the other person's actually ok with it too

Then again, 9 out of 10 posters would've edited their post to hide their mistake.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Cardiac posted:

But genocide, eating, slaughtering or sacrificing captives is still ok?

stfu

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Pull up thread

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

:goleft:

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
My guess is that DLC for Total Warhammer 2 is going to involve a Vampire Pirates faction, A greenskin faction start in TW2 land with Grom the Paunch wandering over to gently caress up the high elves's poo poo. Probably a Chaos or Norse start in TW2 involving Valkia the Bloody. Probably a Skaven start in Total War 1 Skavenblight. I'm maybe 50/50 on Daemons of Chaos being in this game because I don't know if they would save it for Total Warhammer 3, Skaven and Dark Elves seem like good enough major foils for this game as is.

When they expand out to Total Warhammer 3, you'll see probably Tomb Kings, Ogre Kingdoms, Chaos Dwarves, and Daemons of Chaos, with Dwarves and Greenskins being playable for people who own TW1. From there, since most of the major factions will be represented, DLC will probably revolve around slotting in additional starting areas for existing races. Ogre Mercenaries/Regiments of Renown becoming available for all the other races, Probably adding a Skaven start way out west in Chorf/ogre areas, a chaos marauder force out that direction, and the like.

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Well you know there should be no law
on people that want to smoke a little dope.
Well you know it's good for your head
And it relax your body don't you know.

:420:

Glenn Quebec posted:

Pull up thread

Just play the game, norsca is out.

My throgg game was going well until the two remaining norscans and kraka drak declared war on me at the same time. I've been able to genocide the dwarves, but I've lost three settlements in the west to the other norscans.

On the other hand, I now have six troll units, some heroes, and skin wolves in throggs army, and it just owns

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

DeathSandwich posted:

My guess is that DLC for Total Warhammer 2 is going to involve a Vampire Pirates faction, A greenskin faction start in TW2 land with Grom the Paunch wandering over to gently caress up the high elves's poo poo. Probably a Chaos or Norse start in TW2 involving Valkia the Bloody. Probably a Skaven start in Total War 1 Skavenblight. I'm maybe 50/50 on Daemons of Chaos being in this game because I don't know if they would save it for Total Warhammer 3, Skaven and Dark Elves seem like good enough major foils for this game as is.

When they expand out to Total Warhammer 3, you'll see probably Tomb Kings, Ogre Kingdoms, Chaos Dwarves, and Daemons of Chaos, with Dwarves and Greenskins being playable for people who own TW1. From there, since most of the major factions will be represented, DLC will probably revolve around slotting in additional starting areas for existing races. Ogre Mercenaries/Regiments of Renown becoming available for all the other races, Probably adding a Skaven start way out west in Chorf/ogre areas, a chaos marauder force out that direction, and the like.

Boy, if they ask me to pay $8 per race to play the races of the first game I already own....

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I would but I'm working like a massive tool.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
Throgg rules, Wulfrik drools.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Zwiebel posted:

Throgg rules, Wulfrik drools.

Wulfrik hits people with a boat. Throgg's just a slightly bigger troll

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!
Two things I don't like about Norscans:

-They don't get province bonuses, meaning there's no point in going out of your way to hold a whole province vs just capturing whatever you can. I get that they are more mobile and raider based, but so far they are the only faction that can occupy settlements and not get province bonuses as a result, even though the provinces in their regions are defined. This is kind of a bummer.

-Global recruitment seems to heavily penalize Norscans; I'm seeing tier 1 units take like 4 or 5 turns to recruit which is nuts. Given that they are a more offensive-based faction, I would have assumed the opposite; that they could globally recruit much more easily than other factions, particularly via research or lord skills.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!
So are the Skinwolf Heroes basically the Norscan counterpart to Gorebulls? because their skillset seems like it. Nothing like dogpiling enemies with a unit of massively buffed werewolves!

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

DeathSandwich posted:

It's also worth noting that the area game 3 would cover includes the lizardmen of the dragon isles, Nagash's evil lair of death (currently occupied by Skaven), the human trading hub of Pigbarter and the Strigoi vampire's kingdom of Vorag (destroyed at the start, but that never stop's CA.)

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010

Kaza42 posted:

Wulfrik hits people with a boat. Throgg's just a slightly bigger troll

Throgg is a troll that can facetank an ice wyrm, wade through an entire army of dwarves and is smart enough to predigest his meals while fighting.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Has anyone maxed out Crow and found out what the plague actually does?

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Boy, if they ask me to pay $8 per race to play the races of the first game I already own....

So don't buy them. I've never understood this weird gamer pre-rage impulse where people just start getting themselves worked up over some strange imagined slight that hasn't happened and can't actually impact you if you don't want it to.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

The AI is still bullshit, but Norsca is fun. I just wish I got to spend more time pillaging and less time chasing stacks who can apparently teleport (despite being humans) and instantly spam yet more stacks.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Ravenfood posted:

So don't buy them. I've never understood this weird gamer pre-rage impulse where people just start getting themselves worked up over some strange imagined slight that hasn't happened and can't actually impact you if you don't want it to.

Based on already established nickel and dime DLC tactics. They'll probably have new factions and races, but Sega/CA are kind of gross.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

DeathSandwich posted:

Disagree strongly on the scientific fact that I want to play Tomb Kings asap, and therefore they will be DLC in 2.

Bad Decision Dino
Aug 3, 2010

We'll invade Russia.
So I've beaten Naglfarlings' leader with Throgg, but opening diplomacy with them isn't giving me the option to demand confederation. Is there something I'm missing?

EDIT: Apperently I needed to make peace first, which seems un-Norscan to me.

Bad Decision Dino fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Aug 10, 2017

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Captain Beans posted:

Disagree strongly on the scientific fact that I want to play Tomb Kings asap, and therefore they will be DLC in 2.

They will be. TWW2 explicitly says the campaign map includes Lustria and the Southlands and the only faction in the Southlands is the Tomb Kings.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I didn't play a lot of Total War: Warhammer but I did start a Greenskins campaign twice without getting very far. I love Total War games but I found Warhammer to be hard. I bought Warhammer 2 because I love TW games but I'd like to jump back into TW:H 1 before release. What's a good faction to play through besides Greenskins? Norsca or Chaos sound fun.

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene
I tried MP against Norscans. My Beasmen got destroyed because I brought a poor army comp, I ended up fighting skinwolves with minotaurs and razorgors which went poorly. I switched to Wood Eves and brought a whole lot of starfire archers, war dancers and dryads. My frontline of dryads crumpled to berzerkers, but the archers took down Wulfrik and another war mammoth. The skin wolf hero just bounced off Durthu before being splatted by him, which surprised me a little. Might just have been RNG. I figured war dancers were the solution to the RoR Skinwolves and they did okay, it seems like they'll want to use the dance ability to increase melee defence.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Zore posted:

They will be. TWW2 explicitly says the campaign map includes Lustria and the Southlands and the only faction in the Southlands is the Tomb Kings.

There's also lizardmen in the Southlands.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Based on already established nickel and dime DLC tactics. They'll probably have new factions and races, but Sega/CA are kind of gross.
Their DLC support for this game has been excellent, though. If you don't want to play Wood Elves (or Beastmen, or Skarsnik or etc etc etc), you don't have to pay at all, but you still get new enemies to fight on the map! Its a pretty well-done set-up though, and, as always, you don't have to buy them. But sure, you keep getting mad about some weird purity metric you've worked up in your head, that'll show 'em.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Popete posted:

I didn't play a lot of Total War: Warhammer but I did start a Greenskins campaign twice without getting very far. I love Total War games but I found Warhammer to be hard. I bought Warhammer 2 because I love TW games but I'd like to jump back into TW:H 1 before release. What's a good faction to play through besides Greenskins? Norsca or Chaos sound fun.

Chaos is actually bad and sucks.

It really depends on what you want. Beastmen are super fun as a horde faction, basically Chaos done right. Vampire Counts are probably the easiest 'beginner' faction and have a ton of fun monsters and strong Lords. Norsca is cool.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Popete posted:

Greenskins are a tough start since you're up against the Dwarfs who are, pound for pound, better than you until you get some AP units going. Easiest start is the Vampires, I think, Dorfs too.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Mordja posted:

Greenskins are a tough start since you're up against the Dwarfs who are, pound for pound, better than you until you get some AP units going. Easiest start is the Vampires, I think, Dorfs too.

Greenskins aren't as tough anymore since Nasty Skulkers are hilariously easy to recruit and shred Dwarfs, but you're stuck in a lovely part of the map (Grimgor, Azhag, Wurzzag) or in a challenge start (Skarsnick)

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Skinwolves give me huge Minotaur vibes at a glance. Are they equivalent? I haven't had a chance to play yet, just started a campaign and checked my starting roster.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Deified Data posted:

Skinwolves give me huge Minotaur vibes at a glance. Are they equivalent? I haven't had a chance to play yet, just started a campaign and checked my starting roster.

They're basically strictly better than Minotaurs tbh. Minotaurs are mostly not that great what with their incredibly low armor and defensive stats.

Skinwolves are;

Faster
Have Regen
More armor with their armored variant
Don't count as Large units
and have huge Anti-Large bonuses

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!
The whole 'fighting big monsters for sweet loot and recruitment' makes me hope that in the future Ungrim gets a unique start that is somewhat similar in that he can take on various monsters and get permanent bonuses to himself+Slayers upon victory. It can also set up an interesting rivalry where you have these two guys of very different factions with uncannily similar goals (murder the biggest, baddest monsters around).

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Ravenfood posted:

Their DLC support for this game has been excellent, though. If you don't want to play Wood Elves (or Beastmen, or Skarsnik or etc etc etc), you don't have to pay at all, but you still get new enemies to fight on the map! Its a pretty well-done set-up though, and, as always, you don't have to buy them. But sure, you keep getting mad about some weird purity metric you've worked up in your head, that'll show 'em.

I DO want to play those races and enjoy the RoRs, but the DLC are all roughly twice the price they should be. Norsca is the first reasonably priced thing.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
edit: derp, nevermind. probably a mod conflict. restarted and turned off some stuff.

uber_stoat fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Aug 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Popete posted:

Dwarves are super fun and definitely the easiest race to play SP. Acquire an immovable frontline of warriors/longbeards/ironbreakers, a handful of artillery, and whatever other units tickle your fancy. Smoosh your frontline into theirs and then forget about it, as dwarves are the proverbial immovable object in regular punchmans slugfests (beware of fast large things). Micro your artillery/ranged/whatever the gently caress else to taste, or just ctrl+g -> attack and wait. Probably recieve victory.

If you want to get frisky you can try fun things like "flanking" or "checkerboard formations" or "not making armies of exclusively warriors, quarrelers, and grudge throwers".

• Locked thread