Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

What letter is this? The one to Littlefinger?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

The one Cersei made Sansa write where she's pleading for Ned's life and asking Robb to come to King's Landing and swear fealty to Joffrey.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

some kind of bait he leaves for arya

probably more of his hamhanded divide the starks bullshit

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

The letter Sansa was pressed to write way back in s1e7 I think where she tells Robb that Ned was a traitor and that he should bend the knee.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

lezard_valeth posted:

The letter Sansa was pressed to write way back in s1e7 I think where she tells Robb that Ned was a traitor and that he should bend the knee.

What about it? Why are they bringing it up again?

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Sansa wrote more than one. There was one for each of her brothers, her mother, and her aunt.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

some guy on the bus posted:

Littlefinger trying to turn Arya against Sansa to distract her from his master plan (which is...uh...).

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Littlefinger's last attempt to divide the Starks. It will blow up in his face in spectacular fashion and he will die.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

esperterra posted:

Littlefinger's last attempt to divide the Starks. It will blow up in his face in spectacular fashion and he will die.

In spectacular fashion would be if he failed to calculate or didn't account for a variable in his master plan.

This is a stupid plan, everyone already hates him and there's a cripple sitting over there in the corner with the loving Script.

He will die in a wet fart. Which I'm completely ok with.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I'm still pissed Sansa won't swing the sword herself. She could bond with Arya over shanking a fool.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Littlefinger has had a poo poo plotline and been irrelevant since he boned the crazy vale chick then pushed her out the moon door gently caress him

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Nail Rat posted:

Littlefinger trying to turn Arya against Sansa to distract her from his master plan (which is...uh...).

That would only make sense to even try if Arya was a 9 year old like she was in book 1. She's an adult now and would of course know what Sansa had to do while Ned was a prisoner. How did Arya react to the letter?

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Also, someone was discussing a couple pages back about Mirri Maz Dhuur's prophecy and Dany getting prego.

Zombie Wyrm melting the Wall could be the "Mountains blow in the wind like leaves" part.

Now we only need Ellaria to go die in Essos for the Sun setting in the East part and we can get my boy Aquaman back.

That would only make sense to even try if Arya was a 9 year old like she was in book 1. She's an adult now and would of course know what Sansa had to do while Ned was a prisoner.

Counterargument: The outline has The Assassin Arya literally say something along the lines of "Oh you get to keep mom and dad's room because it's the prettiest in the castle? gently caress you sister!"

So for all purposes and intent, everyone in this show can behave line a 9 year old from one moment to the next if it benefits the drama.

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Aug 10, 2017

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Easily the best part of this thread is self important idiots complaining about what they see as some bad writing or plot inconsistency and then immediately getting owned and turned into mega corncobs.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Good riddance LF, the dumbest master schemer ever

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Easily the best part of this thread is self important idiots complaining about what they see as some bad writing or plot inconsistency and then immediately getting owned and turned into mega corncobs.

Please refrain from making homophobic comments like "corncob" and "bend the knee" in the Game of Thrones thread.

auzdark
Aug 29, 2005

Mercy is the cry of the soul that stirred,
Mercy is the cry and it's never heard.
And again all this could be avoided if Jon didn't do the same poo poo like he did as Lord Commander

'Hey, I've got support of the chick with dragons, but we need to convince the southern houses. I'll be afk for a bit, Sansa is in charge. PS Dragonglass is on its way'

Jon is that terrible manager that insists on doing all the work himself then ends up getting hosed over because he can't communicate or delegate.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Did Jon make a single right decision in the show?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

GrandpaPants posted:

Did Jon make a single right decision in the show?

Objectively? Yes he's made a lot of the "right" decisions. It's just that most of our other principle characters could give a gently caress about whats right and only about what immediately will improve their lovely lives.

- Bringing wildlings south of the wall
- Plan to use them to help defend the wall
- listened to whats his face and killed him to ingratiate himself with the wildlings
- Killed the traitors that murdered him after his rez
- recognizes the need for dragons and dragonglass despite his crew saying gently caress THAT NOISE
- Chooses to join the Nights Watch to remove the stain from his family he loves

Sure he's done a ton of stupid poo poo, but Jon is not really the guy making "wrong" decisions, just altruistic ones which haven't panned out well. He's honestly ideally the right kind of leader for not their world (altruistic, looks at the macro picture, chooses to act once he has all the info and stands by his choices with conviction), but perhaps one more developed and democratic. Maybe that's the point. Minus all the mopey whining.

Kit is not the most engaging actor sometimes, but Jon as a character isn't bad at decisions, I feel its more that the people around him aren't ready for the decisions he makes and undermines them making them seem bad when they were probably the correct course of action. He also you know was too much his father trusting to process and tradition over like actual human attitudes.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Aug 10, 2017

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

lezard_valeth posted:

Also, someone was discussing a couple pages back about Mirri Maz Dhuur's prophecy and Dany getting prego.

Zombie Wyrm melting the Wall could be the "Mountains blow in the wind like leaves" part.

Mountains blow in the wind will be a dragon burning gregor into ashes

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

The thing that will piss me off the most, this season, is if we don't see snow fall in King's Landing by the finale. It should have started snowing last season.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

"We had to delay shooting this season because we needed the locations to look like winter time"

*every location looks exactly the same*
*adds a location that looks like the old west*

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

esperterra posted:

The thing that will piss me off the most, this season, is if we don't see snow fall in King's Landing by the finale. It should have started snowing last season.

It's...weird? It started snowing in the Vale by season 4, and there was a lot of snow during s5 Winterfell, but then come s6 the Bastardbowl happens on green muddy fields, and the next episode is snowtown again.

Maybe Melisandre's offing off Shireen stalled the Winter?

Maybe winter follows Sansa around? When Sansa was in the Vale it snowed, when she was in Winterfell it snowed, when she escaped with Theon it melted, and when she returned to Winterfell it started snowing again. Maybe that's her superpower?

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Aug 10, 2017

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
They are going beyond the Wall.

esperterra posted:

Leaks say Jaime notices the snow in the last or second to last episode this season.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Thank gently caress.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

lezard_valeth posted:

It's...weird? It started snowing in the Vale by season 4, and there was a lot of snow during s5 Winterfell, but then come s6 the Bastardbowl happens on green muddy fields, and the next episode is snowtown again.

Maybe Melisandre's offing off Shireen stalled the Winter?

Maybe winter follows Sansa around? When Sansa was in the Vale it snowed, when she was in Winterfell it snowed, when she escaped with Theon it melted, and when she returned to Winterfell it started snowing again. Maybe that's her superpower?

Even in the book, it's a lot colder at the Eyrie because of elevation.

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011
I don't like the secret marriage because it ruins the theme that despite Jons true heritage, he was still a bastard technically. As such, all the people that poo poo on him for being a bastard were technically accurate and his success in spite of being one was a nice thematic touch.

Removing him from being a bastard ruins all of that and just pushes his whole Harry Potter chosen one destiny even farther and makes the show kinda hokey.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I'm more curious at how they will handle the zombie army reveal to Cersei.

Tyrion says "no need to show the army, just one". But then Cersei could just be like "lol, nice try, Qyburn can do that too"

Yet in the detailed season spoilers they say she is scared shitless at the sight of the wight :confused:

Also I can't remember, but was Qyburn this competent in the books? I am expecting him to build a Metal Gear by next season at this rate

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Aug 10, 2017

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

So It Goes posted:

I don't like the secret marriage because it ruins the theme that despite Jons true heritage, he was still a bastard technically. As such, all the people that poo poo on him for being a bastard were technically accurate and his success in spite of being one was a nice thematic touch.

Removing him from being a bastard ruins all of that and just pushes his whole Harry Potter chosen one destiny even farther and makes the show kinda hokey.

Him being a legitimate Targ though is the only way it's consistent with the story so far. The kingsguard was at the Tower of Joy because they were defending an heir to the crown.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Nail Rat posted:

Him being a legitimate Targ though is the only way it's consistent with the story so far. The kingsguard was at the Tower of Joy because they were defending an heir to the crown.

The old Kingsguard were honourable man and the Kingsguard is honour bound to do what the Royal Family says so. It wouldn't make less sense for them to just be guarding the woman their Prince said to guard, legitimate wife or not.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

lezard_valeth posted:

I'm more curious at how they will handle the zombie army reveal to Cersei.

Tyrion says "no need to show the army, just one". But then Cersei could just be like "lol, nice try, Qyburn can do that too"

Yet in the detailed season spoilers they say she is scared shitless at the sight of the wight :confused:

Also I can't remember, but was Qyburn this competent in the books? I am expecting him to build a Metal Gear by next season at this rate

Competent? In the books Scorpions are widely used weapons, the Fury, one of Stannis galleys, had a full deck covered with them.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

The only thing about the characters getting a 'Jon is a Targ' reveal is like, what on gently caress does it even matter anymore?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I don't think it would make sense for them to handwave their responsibility to go protect who would otherwise be the legal king, Viserys. I think "they were just following Rhaegar's orders" is GRRM misdirection.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Lycus posted:

I don't think it would make sense for them to handwave their responsibility to go protect who would otherwise be the legal king, Viserys. I think "they were just following Rhaegar's orders" is GRRM misdirection.

After Viserys, Aegon would be next in line anyway, not the second son Lyanna bore. Like, yeah they were probably protecting a legit heir, but three kingsguard needed to watch over a pregnant woman hidden far from the war, in Dorne?

They were definitely just following Rhaegar's orders, in a sense. Before KL fell there were two heirs who would be in line before Jon. If all they were doing was their duty imo they would have been spread more evenly across all the Targ heirs.

e: I think I misread your post a bit, but I'ma keep mine as is anyway

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

banned from Starbucks posted:

Mountains blow in the wind will be a dragon burning gregor into ashes

Actually that quote is missing a '

"Mountain's blow in the wind". Zombie Greg will be defeated when Bran wargs into a gust of wind and scatters the massive amounts of cocaine Qyburn has been using the keep his creation going.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

esperterra posted:

After Viserys, Aegon would be next in line anyway,

His face was smushed though.

Before all the deaths, there were four Kingsguard in King's Landing, so they didn't need to be there then. It wouldn't make sense to me to leave King Viserys III with zero Kingsguard, no matter their previous orders.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Aug 10, 2017

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

esperterra posted:

I'm still pissed Sansa won't swing the sword herself. She could bond with Arya over shanking a fool.

It would actually be a pretty nice moment for Sansa if she would echo Ned (and Jon) with the whole "The (wo)man who passes the sentence should swing the sword".

Also Arya is really dumb if she actually falls for this plot. Or can't even trail Littlefinger without being seen. Granted, Baelish is a master of subterfuge, but... Arya's training and all? Surely she has more points in Sneak than LF has in Perception

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

TeaJay posted:

Also Arya is really dumb if she actually falls for this plot. Or can't even trail Littlefinger without being seen. Granted, Baelish is a master of subterfuge, but... Arya's training and all? Surely she has more points in Sneak than LF has in Perception

Maybe GoT is one of those MMOs were Stealth scales off Int instead of Dex. Arya invested all her points on Dex and thus is dumb and not stealthy at all.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Lycus posted:

His face was smushed though.

Before all the deaths, there were four Kingsguard in King's Landing, so they didn't need to be there then. It wouldn't make sense to me to leave King Viserys III with zero Kingsguard, no matter their previous orders.

Yeah, I meant before KL fell. It is weird not one of them would go after Darry and the kids to be with them. Or simply return to KL to serve their new king.

Something was up for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the ending montage should be like the fallout endings.

• Locked thread