Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Inescapable Duck posted:

I hope everyone hugs everyone and they have dinner at Martha's.

They could work with Wonder Woman as the more 'traditional' hero of the bunch, especially since she's kiiinda in the Captain America role as the hero with a head start on things. Let Superman get philosophical and Batman get weird.
Yeah OK I can see that. Superman and Batman are both kept at arms length from humanity due to the whole living god and psychopath thing they have going on. Wonder Woman seems much more approachable to a regular person. We see that after the liberation of Veld. Compare that to the scene where Superman rescues the people from the burning building in Mexico.

Gatts posted:

Martha for JLA mom
Which Martha?

Mr. Apollo fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Aug 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Mr. Apollo posted:

Yeah OK I can see that. Superman and Batman are both kept at arms length from humanity due to the whole living god and psychopath thing they have going on. Wonder Woman seems much more approachable to a regular person. We see that after the liberation of Veld. Compare that to the scene where Superman rescues the people from the burning building in Mexico.

Supes is pretty approachable, too - he was being friendly to the family of the girl, it's just the people in Mexico were literally bowing and worshiping him when he landed, as opposed to WWs happy dancing and poo poo.

Blame the people, not Superman. :mad:

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Drifter posted:

Supes is pretty approachable, too - he was being friendly to the family of the girl, it's just the people in Mexico were literally bowing and worshiping him when he landed, as opposed to WWs happy dancing and poo poo.

Blame the people, not Superman. :mad:
Yeah that's a good point. Basically the history of religion.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
A little ironic since Wondy's literally a god. Superman's existence may make it easier for other metahumans to 'come out' since the novelty's worn off, and you won't immediately have people going loving nuts over them. (because everyone's already gone a little bit nuts over Superman one way or another)

That he's died and presumably coming back to life probably won't help that much, but I think the idea is that having actual peers will help both Superman and Batman's mental health. They've finally found their people.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
People are going to go loving nuts whenever the Martian Manhunter gets brought in, assuming they don't gently caress it up.

Arthur Bowlsworth
Dec 5, 2003

Wot wot, old boy. Might one have a toke?
Is/was Bruce and Diana a thing outside of the JLU cartoon?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
It was for a brief time during (if I remember right) Grant Morrison's run on JLA.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Eh. I'm still hoping the DCCU goes with Gal Gadot's suggestion that Diana have a female love interest in WW2. But I'm not optimistic. Took us this long to get a good woman-lead superhero movie, and we won't get a good black-lead one until, hopefully, Black Panther. Much less a queer superhero movie.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Cythereal posted:

Eh. I'm still hoping the DCCU goes with Gal Gadot's suggestion that Diana have a female love interest in WW2. But I'm not optimistic. Took us this long to get a good woman-lead superhero movie, and we won't get a good black-lead one until, hopefully, Black Panther. Much less a queer superhero movie.

One of their biggest queer superheroes doesn't even appear in the new DC logo spread they produced. I don't think that consideration is at all in their mind.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Jimbot posted:

One of their biggest queer superheroes doesn't even appear in the new DC logo spread they produced. I don't think that consideration is at all in their mind.

Who by chance are you referring to?

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Detective No. 27 posted:

Who by chance are you referring to?

Batwoman i'm guessing

unless Alan Scott got really popular lately

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Halloween Jack posted:

It was for a brief time during (if I remember right) Grant Morrison's run on JLA.

I seem to remember it being a thing in a lot of other comics outside of just the JLA line.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

SleepCousinDeath posted:

Batwoman i'm guessing

unless Alan Scott got really popular lately

I was thinking maybe Midnighter, but Batwoman would be a bigger character on Bat-famoly status alone.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Midnighter was actually on the spread.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Jimbot posted:

I agree, just Gadot's mentioned in more than one interview that she's been pushing for Diana to be bisexual in the DCCU and have a female love interest in her next movie. I hope, but don't actually expect, that that will happen.

Mantis' actress in Guardians 2 said the character was a lesbian, but no chance of that happening on-screen until Guardians 3 at the earliest and she's hardly a headlining movie character anyhow.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

Cythereal posted:

Blade, Hancock, King Kong

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

DeimosRising posted:

Blade, Hancock, King Kong

I said good.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Cythereal posted:

I said good.

Abar, the first black superman?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/EW/status/895721876496031744

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Cythereal posted:

I said good.

Meteor Man.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Bless Snyder for putting dicks everywhere.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

So that's what an 'epic' plane looks like. That hanger is huge, who built it?

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
Why would Batman fly around in a plane that says "Wayne Technologies" on the side? No wonder everyone knows who Batman really is.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Alexander Hamilton posted:

Why would Batman fly around in a plane that says "Wayne Technologies" on the side? No wonder everyone knows who Batman really is.

In a pivotal, earlier scene Bruce Wayne calls a press conference and openly declares himself to be the Batman.

It's a lighter, funnier DCEU.

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008

Drifter posted:

In a pivotal, earlier scene Bruce Wayne calls a press conference and openly declares himself to be the Batman.

It's a lighter, funnier DCEU.

"I am the Batman."

*Prince's "Batdance" immediately starts playing*

Actually, this would rule.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Drifter posted:

Supes is pretty approachable, too - he was being friendly to the family of the girl, it's just the people in Mexico were literally bowing and worshiping him when he landed

I actually liked that little bit. Mexico is Catholic as hell (I think 85 percent of the population, maybe a bit more, identifies as such), and you've got a guy descending from the sky, saving lives and hovering over them like a benevolent giver of life? Hell yeah they're going to think this is the Second Coming.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Yeah, that bit was great, like the rest of the movie.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Timby posted:

I actually liked that little bit. Mexico is Catholic as hell (I think 85 percent of the population, maybe a bit more, identifies as such), and you've got a guy descending from the sky, saving lives and hovering over them like a benevolent giver of life? Hell yeah they're going to think this is the Second Coming.
It was also during Day of the Dead celebrations (a decidedly non-Catholic thing) so everyone was dressed up as skeletons. I guess it was supposed to compliment the scene from MoS where Superman is sucked into the pile of skulls and bones.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Timby posted:

Yeah, they know what's up. It's less that they are superstitious madre de dios! brown people and more that they're completely comfortable with signs and wonders.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Timby posted:

True, but they're going to be disappointed if he doesn't tag with Blue Demon Jr.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Timby posted:

Oh yeah, it was great, but Supes didn't go there to be prayed upon. He has this comforting shy little smile focused on the girl's mother/family that evaporates on contact with the swarm.

God, MoS and BvS are such fantastic movies. I really hope there's still some of that depth and magic in Justice League. Wonder Woman...didn't really have that, fun as it was.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Oh yeah WW was a really fun movie but I really like the most serious approach that MoS and BvS took. I think it was a lot more "realistic" in terms of how the world would react to someone like Superman or how someone who had been a vigilante crime fighter for 20 years in a crime ridden city would behave.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Post-darkseid should be an adaptation of A Better World

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Halloween Jack posted:

True, but they're going to be disappointed if he doesn't tag with Blue Demon Jr.

:golfclap:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

quote:

Ben Affleck: Justice League is 'an interesting product of two directors'

“It’s a little bit unorthodox,” admits Ben Affleck, who will reprise the role of Batman in Justice League. “Zack had a family tragedy, and stepped off, which was horrible. For the movie, the best person we could’ve possibly found was Joss. We got really lucky that he stepped in.” Affleck, who helmed the Best Picture-winning Argo, describes the resulting film as “an interesting product of two directors, both with kind of unique visions, both with really strong takes. I’ve never had that experience before making a movie. I have to say, I really love working with Zack, and I really love the stuff we’ve done with Joss.”

In conversation with EW, Affleck also brushed off rumors that the Justice League reshoots indicated problems with the film. “I’ve never worked on a movie that didn’t do reshoots,” Affleck says. “Argo, we did reshoots for a week and a half! Four days on Gone Baby Gone!” And though the studio hasn’t said anything official about Affleck’s future as Batman, the actor is confident that Justice League reflects the best ambitions of the DC Extended Universe. “This is a really nice time to work in DC. They’re hitting their stride. They’re getting it right. It’s starting to feel like it’s really working.”

http://ew.com/movies/2017/08/11/jus...ialflow_twitter

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I really can't trust any working affiliated actor's comments about their soon-to-be-released movie.
They willingly lie and deceive (or tell the truth) to get those ticket sales. That's the whole point. You just never know.

...i still love you, Ben Affleck. :allears:

Drifter fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Aug 11, 2017

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Looking forward to five years of "every strength of the movie was Whedon/Snyder, every flaw of the movie was Snyder/Whedon."

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
I was going to say the same thing, I like Affleck a lot but he'd be making this exact same statement no matter how the movie was turning out because it hasn't been released yet. I don't hold that against him at all, I don't think people realize that these interviews are meant as marketing and not as a frank channel for discussion about how production is going or whatever.

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Aug 11, 2017

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Even for a guy as established as Affleck, one of the surefire ways to stop getting work in the business is to turn a big marketing campaign into your own personal "movie sucks but it's not my fault" tour. Can't blame him for doing what literally every single other actor would do in his place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

lol "interesting". That's what you say when you're trying not to be insulting.