Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Scent of Worf posted:

https://twitter.com/JucheMane/status/895742163971002370

tfw berniebros are e-assaulting me with corncobs

holy poo poo

I can't believe they're so willfully stupid here

im dying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Scent of Worf posted:

DSA 2017: Tweeting corncob emojis at people, laughing at dem's poor outreach platform

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Frijolero posted:

This is literally Obama's presidency tho :psyduck:

NeoGAF argues he was the Warhammer 40k Emperor God-King of Mankind unironically so that's what we're dealing with

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

zegermans posted:

DSA 2017: Tweeting corncob emojis at people, laughing at dem's poor outreach platform

are you contending, sir, that jen kirkman can be outreached

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
a nation of corncobs just waiting to be popped by the heat of violent communist revolution

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Please don't doxx me like that.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I'd say that this is some elaborate troll job by Kirkman but that is probably giving her way too much credit.

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

KomradeX posted:

Also you can't go back to the same town you've scammed before

Sure you can. Republicans have managed to get folks excited about things like flag burning, the war on Christmas, and guns while cutting taxes for the rich for a couple generations now. They swap out the issue, they swap out the villan. It used to be welfare queens. Then the gay agenda. Now its Sharia law. Actually they don't need to swap out the villains all that often because Nancy Pelosi and the Clintons aren't going anywhere.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

zegermans posted:

🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

zegermans posted:

I never really realized how much of a drat guido Mussolini was

why did anyone follow this dork

Have you ever been to Italy?

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Cornfefe to the polls imo

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Thoguh posted:

I'd say that this is some elaborate troll job by Kirkman but that is probably giving her way too much credit.

never going to pass up an opportunity to post my favorite trophy ever

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Scent of Worf posted:

Im not out of touch I repeat

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Zeta Taskforce posted:

Sure you can. Republicans have managed to get folks excited about things like flag burning, the war on Christmas, and guns while cutting taxes for the rich for a couple generations now. They swap out the issue, they swap out the villan. It used to be welfare queens. Then the gay agenda. Now its Sharia law. Actually they don't need to swap out the villains all that often because Nancy Pelosi and the Clintons aren't going anywhere.

the War on Christmas furor only started last decade

it wasn't really a Thing until 2005, it's entirely a product of the growth of Fox News and the conservative media

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Zeta Taskforce posted:

I'm almost too horrified to ask, but is there a link to that? Do they think that folks like Hillary and John Kerry, or for that matter Mitt Romney lost because they were not pragmatic enough?

Seriously, when will they stop doing focus groups to come up with the exact wording that most appeals to their concept of "Middle America"? I can tell you what Middle America wants. They want jobs. They want the opportunity to work hard. They don't want to hear about how some government program will benefit them.

Democrats need to compete at every level right down to school board and dog catcher and run men and women who are comfortable in their own skin and can talk about big ideas that are easy to understand. Bernie gets it. Do talk about a "$15hr minimum wage". Don't say the minimum wage is too low but $15 isn't practical either so lets tie it to this formula that spits out a number that gets you to 110% of the poverty level for a family of 4 based on the region they live and index it to inflation and post it on your website with your other 50 policy ideas.

these same numbskulls have said that mcgovern, carter, mondale, dukakis, gore, and now clinton lost because they were too far to the left when every single one of them lurched as far as they could to the right. they are pushing an ideological agenda wrapped in a paper-thin mask of "pragmatism"

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

if they at all wanted to, the dems absolutely could whip people into as much of a froth against the rich as the republicans and the right-wing media-evangelical complex have whipped people into an apopleptic rage against mexicans, gays, welfare queens, etc. but they don't want to.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/eileendefreest/status/895552621179621376
https://twitter.com/eileendefreest/status/895565251009060865
https://twitter.com/eileendefreest/status/895608844923031552
https://twitter.com/eileendefreest/status/895719941755723776

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

why do you do this to me

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
I got to say "this slight was like getting raped" is truly the cry of the amazingly sheltered whether it comes from white libfems or from stupid gamerbros.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Shear Modulus posted:

these same numbskulls have said that mcgovern, carter, mondale, dukakis, gore, and now clinton lost because they were too far to the left when every single one of them lurched as far as they could to the right. they are pushing an ideological agenda wrapped in a paper-thin mask of "pragmatism"

The common factor appears to be that they're each spineless and bland.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

sitting at my desk barking like a dog at the idea of bros

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
Ok wtf is wrong with donuts now? Are they misogynistic because you can fit a penis through them?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
lol irl at bark laughing what the gently caress

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

Ok wtf is wrong with donuts now? Are they misogynistic because you can fit a penis through them?

Their center is hollow and the lanyards apparently think "let them eat cake" is a legit great own

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

who the heck is Jen Kirkman

is she a go-to commentator on MSNBC and was she consulted for their full length package on memes

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

like all humans, when i feel mirth a dog's muzzle appears out of the base of my neck and howls the song that ends the stars

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

zegermans posted:

I never really realized how much of a drat guido Mussolini was

why did anyone follow this dork

because Italians were giant cry babies after not being given the entire Dalmatia coast at Versailles . also they realized he was a clown but were willing to go along with it as long as he didn't drag them into another world war

whoops

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Agnosticnixie posted:

Their center is hollow and the lanyards apparently think "let them eat cake" is a legit great own

It is a legit great self own.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Yinlock posted:

like all humans, when i feel mirth a dog's muzzle appears out of the base of my neck and howls the song that ends the stars

:same:

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Yinlock posted:

sitting at my desk barking like a dog at the idea of bros

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WovYnLL9Yow

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
https://twitter.com/dwayne483/status/895759748095717380

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

They're an ex-pat living in London, which explains a lot.

Odious affectations included.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://mobile.twitter.com/daveweigel/status/895762102241177607

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

Main Paineframe posted:

the War on Christmas furor only started last decade

it wasn't really a Thing until 2005, it's entirely a product of the growth of Fox News and the conservative media

Thats my point. There is always some made up fake outrage. The exact issue changes. Transgender people using bathrooms wasnt a major issue until it was but its always the same people who stoke the anger and the same people who fall for it. And its always the same economic policies that get pushed and the same donor class that benefits.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

I mean, is she saying to ignore the 53 year old+ demographic that has never voted???

Doubt it, but I agree w/ that one!

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

the brogressives

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

she could either be talking about non voters or republicans?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

Lastgirl posted:

can we word filter donuts to vagina buns, and glazed donuts creamy vagina buns tia

im just worried about the memetic potential of turning confection based food into another corn cob

called it, now we're gonna start assigning deeper meaning to donuts even further~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

This thread mostly doesn't make sense to me because it's a bunch of tweets saying nothing from people I've never heard of while people go OH MY GOD WHY

• Locked thread