Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Yeah everyone smokes weed everywhere hear. It must have reeked something awful for him to get caught.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

This is great because #1 was Kyrie Irving, #2 was Kawhi, and #3 was Jan Vesely. It's impressive that Jan was put behind those two.

The rest of the list is ok though.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Lmao at gettin busted for weed in California in 2017

did you notice what color zbo's skin is

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Lockback posted:

This is great because #1 was Kyrie Irving, #2 was Kawhi, and #3 was Jan Vesely. It's impressive that Jan was put behind those two.

Valunciunas was that guy's #4 and I wouldn't call him a bust

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
It's funny that the Bleacher Report strategy of flooding the internet with hot-take clickbait slideshows written by nobodies is still working six years later

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

morestuff posted:

It's funny that the Bleacher Report strategy of flooding the internet with hot-take clickbait slideshows written by nobodies is still working six years later

Buddy that's the Number One Most Successful Media Paradigm, as it turns out.

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
Why Kevin Durant will never win a championship
Why LeBron will never win a championship
10 broke former NBA Stars, #3 is shocking!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Lmao First Take is in loving NBA Live 18

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Dexo posted:

Do I get to start a feud with Steven A? If so this might be the greatest feature ever

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Dexo posted:

Call me when Lavar is

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

The Glumslinger posted:

Not for another 4 months

Plus the feds can still bust you -

and the feds now are led by Jeff loving Sessions.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Lockback posted:

He could foresee that a team like the Wizards would take Vesely but could not foresee that the Spurs would take Kawhi.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

predicto posted:

Plus the feds can still bust you -

and the feds now are led by Jeff loving Sessions.

Feds aren't going to do street shakedowns, they are going to target dispensaries and other major legal distributors. DEA agents aren't going to be arresting for individual possession.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

morestuff posted:

I know a guy who was head of Bleacher Report early on, and we talked about this a lot. I was sceptical about how it could work. He told me that the point was maximum amount of content produced at a minimum cost. They weren't trying to compete with the professional writers, at least not at first. They were just trying to give people more stuff to read (and click on).

Obviously he understood the new media business and I didn't. He's rich as gently caress now, and I'm not.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

zoux posted:

Feds aren't going to do street shakedowns, they are going to target dispensaries and other major legal distributors. DEA agents aren't going to be arresting for individual possession.

I just wanted to bash Jeff Sessions, and I saw my chance.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
Hands off my sesh, Jeff

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Brolander posted:

Hands off my sesh, Jeff

hes got beauregard for human life

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/NBCSAuthentic/status/895730518217572352

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

came here to post this. he thinks he's gonna be james harden and go be the Man. but he's no Root Beer Barrel

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Ghost Dog posted:

hes got beauregard for human life

BANG

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

He's playing in New York forever!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
dear god if Irving and Melo stay on their respective teams

I loving love the NBA.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Cool Buff Man posted:

He's playing in New York forever!

Please don't waive it for Houston either

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
I came here to say FREE Z-BO

Metapod posted:

Do I get to start a feud with Steven A? If so this might be the greatest feature ever

You do NOT want to make an enemy out of me, metapod!!!

Time posted:

that avatar is glorious :worship:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

chunkles posted:

It's hillarious.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/165939698?t=21m00s

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
FREE ZBO

The best part about that story is Zbo was at a project in the middle of Watts.

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

Time posted:

you don't want to dump Ryan Anderson?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

What's the unconscionably terrible gimmick for this year's myplayer
e: oh nm it's Live

zoux fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Aug 10, 2017

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

They got Russ stomping around like a constipated trex

They'll never catch 2k

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Hrmmm... I wish I had a large group of people that would love going to a Pelican game as much as I do. My ticket rep sent an email and I can get a suite, 24 tickets, and 3 parking passes for $900 to one of a set of 13 games this season. I've never been in a suite before. Maybe if I try to do it as part of a birthday party for myself I can get enough people to split the burden in lieu of traditional gifts...

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Ea completely eats 2k's lunch when it comes to presentation and UI. Pretty much everything but gameplay and visuals.

Which are unfortunately pretty important

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

chunkles posted:

I came here to say FREE Z-BO

that avatar is glorious :worship:

lol meta actually helped me pick this out

Femur posted:

you don't want to dump Ryan Anderson?

I would rather have ryan anderson than carmelo anthony, yes. I like ryno and do not like melo

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Merry Christmas https://twitter.com/FredKatz/status/895768062678286336

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Dion has a hot take http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/heat-check/article166498057.html?ref=yfp

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Boo no Spurs
Yay Minny and Philly. Hopefully Embiid and Fultz and Simmons are still alive two months in

Lol the Lakers and Knicks again but it looks like Chicago finally got bad enough to get a major market team dropped

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

These are actually pretty decent games. Usually there are a few guaranteed blowouts but this lineup looks pretty good.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Dang this is good

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Sixers gonna wash the Knicks real hard

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I'm :lol: that /r/kings is now a bed of hottakes about how Randolph getting caught with all that weed doesn't matter because Cousins is a cancer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Kibner posted:

Hrmmm... I wish I had a large group of people that would love going to a Pelican game as much as I do. My ticket rep sent an email and I can get a suite, 24 tickets, and 3 parking passes for $900 to one of a set of 13 games this season. I've never been in a suite before. Maybe if I try to do it as part of a birthday party for myself I can get enough people to split the burden in lieu of traditional gifts...

New Orleans SAS meetup??

e: :ohdear: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20306075/knicks-rockets-re-engage-carmelo-anthony-trade-talks

• Locked thread