Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

WhyteRyce posted:

I'm :lol: that /r/kings is now a bed of hottakes about how Randolph getting caught with all that weed doesn't matter because Cousins is a cancer

A similar, but opposite, thing is happening with one of the Pelican bloggers on Twitter. Course, the other Pelican bloggers and a King blogger are telling him to stop being stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

chunkles posted:

New Orleans SAS meetup??

Would own. Comes out to $37.50 per ticket if all 24 are used.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Not to sound snobby, but I generally don't like suites for watching sports. It's too easy to get distracted with conversation and you're detached and insulated from the crowd and noise.

It is a unique experience though, and the bathroom situation owns.

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Aug 10, 2017

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

WhyteRyce posted:

Not to sound snobby, but I generally don't like suites for watching sports. It's too easy to get distracted with conversation and you're detached and insulated from the crowd and noise.

The bathroom situation owns though.

I've never been in one before.

Well, my mom tells me I was in a Saints one when I was a baby that my dad got through the governor's mansion for being a bodyguard for the governor's son.

But other than that, never.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

WhyteRyce posted:

The bathroom situation owns though.

They kick rear end for baseball, cause no sane human wants to watch every second of a baseball game anyway. When my dad was alive his girlfriend worked for a company with a box at PNC Park, the free food and bathrooms ruled, and the girl who organized it just gave us all the leftover liquor at the end cause it was already paid for

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Kibner posted:

I've never been in one before.

Well, my mom tells me I was in a Saints one when I was a baby that my dad got through the governor's mansion for being a bodyguard for the governor's son.

But other than that, never.

If you can get enough so it's $37 a ticket, it's not a bad way to spend an evening or a birthday and lets you check something off your bucket list.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
If it comes with drinks and food it's definitely worth it

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I would do that in a heartbeat. 37 bucks a head is infinitely cheaper than anything else you would do (if food+drink is included, of course)

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

WhyteRyce posted:

If you can get enough so it's $37 a ticket, it's not a bad way to spend an evening or a birthday and lets you check something off your bucket list.

Yeah, that's pretty much exactly why I want to go. Checking with my ticket rep to see if food or drinks are included.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I enjoyed the suite experience when I went, the food was great and the private bathroom is a nice luxury.

Although if you actually want to watch the game, it's not as good as sitting basically anywhere in the bottom 20 rows, and in some NBA arenas those seats are still pretty affordable, and you're just going to see stuff you will never catch on TV.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
$37 would be pretty insanely great to watch Cousins and Davis play. $60 is probably the lowest I got a good Rockets lower bowl ticket for, that was during the .500 ball years

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

IcePhoenix posted:

New uniforms for the Wolves finally dropped

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdJnoUzb7C8

I think they look good. Fitbit logo doesn't look out of place, either.

The Nike and Fitbit on the same line on the white ones look real awkward placement. Not getting the same effect on the blues.

AggressivelyStupid posted:

are these fuckin' pacers jerseys??

gently caress yeah, Pacers new ones are pretty great, and Denver just saved money and went out behind Conseco fieldhouse and raided the dumpsters.

crazycello
Jul 22, 2009

chunkles posted:

$37 would be pretty insanely great to watch Cousins and Davis play. $60 is probably the lowest I got a good Rockets lower bowl ticket for, that was during the .500 ball years

New Orleans has cheap tickets. I was second row for 100$ three years ago and it ruled.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Dang, food and drink are not included.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The new Lakers jersey is almost the same as the Adidas one, which is almost the same as the Nike one before that. They've been practically the same for 20 years now. Nike was responsible for the last redesign (which the Lakers are currently using) so I wouldn't mind them taking a crack at something new.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Kibner posted:

Yeah, that poo poo is usually loving expensive (you're feeding 10+ after all!). My company at most puts out a bowl of chips and soda. Sometimes nothing. That's why I usually try to win lower level seats at work instead of suite

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Aug 11, 2017

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
there should be a picture of what the team is on the team's shirt. like a picture of a nice lake

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
It should use lenticular printing to give a moving image of lakersfan.gif

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Kibner posted:

just gotta do some volumetric calculations to see how many po boys i can stuff in my jacket. and they say math isn't practical

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

WhyteRyce posted:

Yeah, that poo poo is usually loving expensive (you're feeding 10+ after all!). My company at most puts out a bowl of chips and soda. Sometimes nothing. That's why I usually try to win lower level seats at work instead of suite

This makes a big difference. The times I went, it was hot dogs, burgers, pierogies, and sides plus free drinks both alcoholic and non. I went home with 4-6 half bottles of liquor usually.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Suites are pretty fun, the seats in front have good sightlines, and it's nice to be able to stand up and pace or whatever. Plus it's easier to go as a group because the people who get bored can just sit on the couches and gab.

It's not the same experience, but it's definitely a lot of fun.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Kibner posted:

Crawfish boil in the suite

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
i want video ads on jersey's, like the gas pump. that's half the reason i go to the gasoline filling station! on the floor too, for those top down camera views. lots of "negative" space that could be used to sell sell sell, which is good for the economy.

in fact we could have all of the crowd wear different colored beanies, collectively creating advert images with their heretofore useless skulltops

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Rick posted:

The new Lakers jersey is almost the same as the Adidas one, which is almost the same as the Nike one before that. They've been practically the same for 20 years now. Nike was responsible for the last redesign (which the Lakers are currently using) so I wouldn't mind them taking a crack at something new.

I read elsewhere that the two main home/away jerseys are actually team designs and Nike is only designing the two alts. Don't know if that is true or not.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Post this lakersfan.gif I never seen it

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

verbal enema posted:

I don't know how this is possible but:

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

verbal enema posted:

THis is the most commonly referenced one (I got beaten)

However I derive more pleasure from this one

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
rick do you still have the version i asked for that you made with him just looking up sadly? it rules

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Cool Buff Man posted:

THis is the most commonly referenced one (I got beaten)

I love the first one more but I forgot about the second and I'm very glad to see it again

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Cool Buff Man posted:

That kid had big dreams, but sadly he became a meme and left us too soon.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Sixers made Christmas !!!

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

I used to get annoyed at Lakers guy but apparently he still shows up at the games and does the same cocky rooting-for for the lovely teams they've had the last few years which rules

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

:rip: the bulls on national television

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I have a feeling the bulls will be flexed out to the Spanish league by November

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

:rip: the bulls on national television

I mean most Bulls fans are probably happier not having to watch them and just using box scores. These days, anyway.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The owner of the Nuggets bought an Overwatch team for 20 million bucks

Why? :shrug:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Tae posted:

The owner of the Nuggets bought an Overwatch team for 20 million bucks

Why? :shrug:

cheaper than buying enough loot boxes to get all the skins i guess

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Lockback posted:

I don't know how this is possible but:

lmao

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
My favourite part is how there's no sound but I can hear him rolling the L

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the way lakers guy just placidly stops his schtick and looks at the scoreboard is the most underrated part of that gif

• Locked thread