Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

vOv posted:

Post your tree. (Go to pathofexile.com, log in, click your character name, then click 'passive tree' and post the URL here).

The thing about the blood magic node is that if you take it then whatever auras you use will run off your life as well. Even with the 50% reservation reduction that'll probably still just wind up getting rid of the extra +35% you get from the BM nodes.

Here you go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

might I suggest prolog

Oriental Hugs
Jun 15, 2001

Nothin' about hugs, though
Is there a goon chat channel now?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

It presents to you a set of simultaneous gear to buy, rather than going piece by piece and having the requirements on your final item becoming more and more strict.

Sounds like a fun project to play around with, but I dont think it would be very useful

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

At last, a use for my linear programming course.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Vasudus posted:

I'm mostly going by ear, but I can publish a build later today.

Please do, I'm quite interested and there's nothing noteworthy on the official forums for the skill that I can find, even as a starting point.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Close helms seem rather hard to actually find as drops or merchant items to chance for a 200c the baron to sell.

Speaking of selling, I've found anything with high life is flying off the shelves, twice the demand for life items to fill with all but the most dedicated abandoning CI builds.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Aug 10, 2017

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
Last league, I grinded up enough money for the first time to buy Skyforth at ~30ex.

It's currently 7ex. I'm now spending my chance orbs on glorious plates.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

My SR MoM Inquisitor (CiaphasKamehameha) is coming up on 65 tonight. Will I be able to probably start using Righteous Fire as soon as I get Rise of the Phoenix and slot a Purity of Fire?

All my gear is just random crappo I've found but I'm at about 3.2k life in the middle of A9. So far so good.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I think you'll want more hp for rf

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

Is there a certain percentage of armor & attack speed I should be stacking in addition to life %?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

interrodactyl posted:

Last league, I grinded up enough money for the first time to buy Skyforth at ~30ex.

It's currently 7ex. I'm now spending my chance orbs on glorious plates.

Why that? Kaom's Heart was relatively cheap I thought

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.
Attack and cast speed very much depend on your build and skill you're using. Some of them want attack , some cast speed, some ignore both.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
Okay, I switched over to RF/Scorching Ray Inquis and it's great damage, but I need help with sustainability. https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Jinnigan/characters

Not really sure what I can do to fix things - feels like I take too long to heal up when I take big hits. I've got a budget of ~20 liquid chaos to play with, maybe up to 40 if I switch over some other currency or some of my items finally sell

Lunsku
May 21, 2006

Thanks for the tip, a skill I hadn't really touched before for some reason. Ended up just bruteforcing through the encounter with the old skillset, in the end.

--

Managed to find Starkonja's Head right after, which feels pretty great pickup for the character.

The Broletariat
May 23, 2004
I wonder if there's beer on the sun?

StashAugustine posted:

Why that? Kaom's Heart was relatively cheap I thought

Kaom's was like below 50c at one point, last league or maybe breach (can't remember exactly). It's 7ex (350ish c) atm, so it's certainly not cheap.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I guess life buffs made it more expensive? Are other good life chests like Belly/Kingsguard/etc also significantly more expensive?

DONT DO IT
Jun 5, 2008

this level will be fun guys

myDad posted:

You could really use some more life nodes & less miscellaneous defense. For reference, I'm on Act 7 with a Sword & Board Blade Flurry Gladiator in Harbinger league with an end-build of something like this. Note the 225% increased life in addition to more nodes dedicated to offense. Not saying what you're doing can't work, as your tree doesn't represent your entire character, but you'll be making it difficult for yourself.

I took your advice and rearranged some things into this build. I'm still trying for generalist because I don't know what kind of weapons I'll have, but I'm close enough to weapon nodes in marauder or ranger to specialize if I get something worthwhile. The fortify nodes don't seem worth it unless I'm going Champion.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
When should I have a master up to level 3? Also do I have to keep playing a certain act to get a certain master to keep giving me quests?

Also the scorching ray max block build has served me really well through the first 3 acts.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
A general thing to remember is that we're still in the first week of the league, and prices on everything are going to still be wonky.

That said, this weekend is probably going to be THE time to buy any gear that isn't absolutely top tier.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Why is that? Also I hear lots of people are disappointed with the league? I guess all the effort went in to the new acts, which is understandable.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Raged posted:

When should I have a master up to level 3? Also do I have to keep playing a certain act to get a certain master to keep giving me quests?

Also the scorching ray max block build has served me really well through the first 3 acts.

When you complete enough missions to do so.
No. As soon as they start being able to show up they (should) have even odds of showing up.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

I'm on my laptop so I can't load it up in Path of Building or anything but here's what I came up with loving around. This should get you to level

You can go up the tree some and grab the Tireless cluster, then go over to grab the 'box' that's a bit to the northeast of your start. Take one of the Life nodes next to Heart of the Warrior, take Resolute Technique, and drop the accuracy nodes since you said you're going to grab resolute technique anyway. Grab the Bravery cluster near duelist start.

Drop the two +30 nodes near the bottom unless you know you're going to need them and won't be able to get the stats on equipment.

Drop Unwavering Stance in favor of Rite of Ruin IMO. Rite of Ruin means you'll basically always be stun-immune when fighting large packs, which is when it actually matters the most.

Beyond that point I'd grab more damage nodes, but it's hard to say which ones since you haven't said which weapon you want (which is affected by which skill). If you wanna go axes then I'd do something like this, picking up Cleaving and Slaughter.

Note that you also don't need to go life first and weapon damage. Pick whichever one you feel like you need more.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
people who expected the league to be much more than it currently is are idiots

that being said it still has a few minor problems which they said will be looked at

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Why is that? Also I hear lots of people are disappointed with the league? I guess all the effort went in to the new acts, which is understandable.

The general playerbase (not most of us, I mean the regulars) is more than likely just getting into maps after a week. That means there's going to be a flood of people trying to sell their items and another flood of people trying to get capped. It's a good time for market activity, both ways.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Vasudus posted:

The general playerbase (not most of us, I mean the regulars) is more than likely just getting into maps after a week. That means there's going to be a flood of people trying to sell their items and another flood of people trying to get capped. It's a good time for market activity, both ways.

its a good time for sniping programs to clean loving house is what it is

psa to all the new players that if you get 10000 whispers in a second your items are underpriced

but if you want to sell it for that price whisper me and ill buy it thanks

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I have no idea what I am doing in almost any given situation.
I'm trying to make a hurricane shot ranger work, is there a current standout ascendancy for rangers or are they largely equal right now?

J
Jun 10, 2001

StashAugustine posted:

I guess life buffs made it more expensive? Are other good life chests like Belly/Kingsguard/etc also significantly more expensive?

Yep, a vast majority of people are playing life builds now after all the ES nerfs. In the case of kaom's specifically, righteous fire builds are very popular, and also a lot of dark pact builds are using kaom's as well. Belly of the beast is way up in price compared to the last few leagues. Kingsguard is still dirt cheap though, it has always been a niche item.

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Also I hear lots of people are disappointed with the league? I guess all the effort went in to the new acts, which is understandable.

GGG likes to have more subdued league mechanics when the league is launching alongside a major content release. Combine that with the fact that the last few leagues (legacy and breach) were massive loot explosion leagues, and I think a lot of players got accustomed to that level of stuff from the league mechanics and were always going to feel disappointed by harbinger no matter what the mechanic was.

dead in real life
Jun 17, 2012
Any good options for making use of Fortify Support on SRS Necromancer other than Leap Slamming into enemies? Flame Dash is a much smoother movement spell but doesn't have the melee tag so I assume Fortify doesn't proc from it hitting.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

PSA: The patch that just landed fixed the broken harbinger buffs.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

RossCo posted:

I'm trying to make a hurricane shot ranger work, is there a current standout ascendancy for rangers or are they largely equal right now?

pathfinder is still the gold standard I think

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

dead in real life posted:

Any good options for making use of Fortify Support on SRS Necromancer other than Leap Slamming into enemies? Flame Dash is a much smoother movement spell but doesn't have the melee tag so I assume Fortify doesn't proc from it hitting.

Whirling Blades through enemies instead? :shrug:

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

TheRat posted:

PSA: The patch that just landed fixed the broken harbinger buffs.

So the enemies were supposed to be buffed? Well, lets see if that actually affects things.

The problem with Harbingers, at least how I see it, is that once you seen one, you pretty much seen them all: A floating invulnerable blue rear end in a top hat that teleports in trash mobs and then explodes into shards. After a while they fade in with the fight->loot->repeat core loop and don't really change anything.

Anyway, I am trying to get over some decision paralysis on where to go in my passive tree. I think I will go for the big life ring near the center. I still got a lot of anxiety about if I am taking enough life and hopefully that big chunk will put it to rest a bit.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Unlucky7 posted:

So the enemies were supposed to be buffed? Well, lets see if that actually affects things.

Sorry, I wasnt being very clear. I meant the unique items (like the shield in my profile: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Rodent1/characters ) that let's you summon an immortal harbinger to buff you - the buffs werent working before the patch.

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

can you respec the bandit quest these days?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

LeninVS posted:

can you respec the bandit quest these days?

Yes I did so.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
Anyone know wtf is going on here? Getting this message now when trying to trade, never had it before. I'm level 84

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Garfu posted:

Anyone know wtf is going on here? Getting this message now when trying to trade, never had it before. I'm level 84

I have a theory that you may be numerically illiterate. Ilnumerical??

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
I didn't have an issue trading until after this most recent patch a few hours ago so I'll chalk it up to that and report it as a bug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Garfu posted:

I didn't have an issue trading until after this most recent patch a few hours ago so I'll chalk it up to that and report it as a bug.

what about the guy you're trading with