Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Lmao. Didn't he have a regular head when he was a Cybertronian senator? Maybe these stories were during that time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Maybe he blinks his eye light hyper fast to show his various emotional states?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

"Genuinely affronted" and arguably "amused" can be shown with head motions. "Frowned" not so much.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

aren't those from the Aligned novels?

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Sounds familiar, yeah. Those are utter garbage, but that didn't stop me buying and reading all of them.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Endless Mike posted:

"Genuinely affronted" and arguably "amused" can be shown with head motions. "Frowned" not so much.

See: MTMTE Whirl

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Phy posted:

See: MTMTE Whirl

Talking of, has anyone got the MMC Turben/Whirl figure? It's the closest I've seen to an IDW Whirl, but still not close enough...

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I don't usually dig DX9's figures because they go way off model, but I'm a big fan of Powerglide and theirs looks pretty close. I might have to get him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SiZRWzcgt8

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

The_Doctor posted:

Talking of, has anyone got the MMC Turben/Whirl figure? It's the closest I've seen to an IDW Whirl, but still not close enough...

Supposed to hit the PoL this week, but the week is running out of days.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

None of the pictures have made it look interesting. He's only sort of Whirl-ish.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I'd love a whole subline of things like this :(

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Blackheart posted:

Transformers: Tanks for the Memories

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Phy posted:

Transformers: Tanks for the Memories

E: DECEPTICON TANKENSTEIN

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Blackheart posted:

Those are fantastic, holy poo poo.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

IF Ghost Starscream looks fantastic.

I can not, however, replicate the TAAO#12 cover with IF figures because Wingsaber's giant tits get in the way.

Blackheart posted:

You and like ten, maybe twelve other people though.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Spiderdrake posted:

IF Ghost Starscream looks fantastic.

I can not, however, replicate the TAAO#12 cover with IF figures because Wingsaber's giant tits get in the way.

More like 10 to 12 million. A subline like that would sell well because it's an objectively Good Idea, unless there's a failed subline of old timey alt modes that no one talks about.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
There's a reason MMC stopped making the hearts of steel designs.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

SpikeMcclane posted:

:qq: I wanted all of those so badly too :qq:

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
I just wanted the Insecticon train! :(

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Is it because MMC are dumb?

This hobby should cater to MY specific wants and needs, goddamnit! :colbert:

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Xenomrph posted:

Is it because MMC are dumb?

This hobby should cater to MY specific wants and needs, goddamnit! :colbert:

Nah MMC is still pretty great and probably my favorite 3rd party. Just had BBTS ship my POL with Kultur in it too so I've got yet another on the way.

e: oh and the Hearts of Steel Skywarp!

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Xenomrph posted:

More like 10 to 12 million. A subline like that would sell well because it's an objectively Good Idea, unless there's a failed subline of old timey alt modes that no one talks about.

I don't think there are even 10 million people buying transforners

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Spiderdrake posted:

Oh I'm fully aware of it.

The other problem with the hearts of steel designs is that IMO designs like the seekers didn't look very good. Still, I'd love transformers that turned into things like the Me 262 or a Bismarck Tidal Wave.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Main problem with the Hearts of Steel stuff is that it looks like some weird mashup of steampunk and Dark Eldar stuff, and just isn't very good.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Blackheart posted:

Oh I'm fully aware of it.

The other problem with the hearts of steel designs is that IMO designs like the seekers didn't look very good. Still, I'd love transformers that turned into things like the Me 262 or a Bismarck Tidal Wave.

Arquinsiel posted:

Main problem with the Hearts of Steel stuff is that it looks like some weird mashup of steampunk and Dark Eldar stuff, and just isn't very good.

I got Knight Morpher Annihilator and Shockwave and they're both righteous, but I passed on the Seekers for that exact reason - they didn't really look like anything.

I'd have bought a "Little Engine That Could" Bumblebee, though, his design in the comic was pretty neat.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Whirl can emote by warping the light in his eye as if he were manipulating eyelids, maybe Shockwave did that. 'Course being unemotive in general is kinda his "thing"

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Maybe he just says something like "that is tragically illogical" and everyone interprets it to mean he is frowning.

Kinda like the Elcor from Mass Effect.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
MMC is my favorite 3P by far. That MTMTE Megatron is a work of art and I can't wait to own it.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Arquinsiel posted:

I understand the desire to shove seekers into every possible version of TF fiction but surely there had to be a better design than "biplanes but also Da Vinci's ornithopter.....and more propellers."

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Xenomrph posted:

I got Knight Morpher Annihilator and Shockwave and they're both righteous, but I passed on the Seekers for that exact reason - they didn't really look like anything.

The alt-modes are pretty terrible in that regard, but I highly encourage you to pick up your favorite of the three original Seekers in that line, because even just as a robot figure the detail work on them is astounding. Skywarp in particular is a beautiful shelf piece with all his little rivet details.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006
Is there a way to tighten pins? Quickswitch's knees are awful

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Spiderdrake posted:

Now I'm picturing a white house full of fidget spinners

Seems legit.

History Comes Inside! posted:

Be in Europe, where 99% of jobs can't get rid of you once you're in the door unless you do something really loving serious/stupid.

(I still prefer living under this policy for the selfish purposes of my own job security, than living under the weird "at will" employment rules you may find elsewhere in the world.)

It sounds heavenly.

It's all in the robo-eyebrow. You arch it, you smize, etc. it's very subtle.

Blackheart posted:

That second one looks like Warpath.

SpikeMcclane posted:

Those were kind of bad as toys? I mean, I loved Hearts of Steel, but

Arquinsiel posted:

This. The Shockwave looks cool though.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...

Keldroc posted:

The alt-modes are pretty terrible in that regard, but I highly encourage you to pick up your favorite of the three original Seekers in that line, because even just as a robot figure the detail work on them is astounding. Skywarp in particular is a beautiful shelf piece with all his little rivet details.

The robot modes are why they're the only time I've collected all the Seekers in one line.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Secht posted:

So I received my Trypticon yesterday and after getting him out of the box, I found that one of his legs appeared to have the tight ratchet problem. I took that leg apart (very easy to do) and used a 15lb weight to bounce on the spring around 100 times. Once it was placed back together it now slides with grace. No cutting needed. I can absolutely vouch for the non cutting method in fixing your toy.

Trypticon is pretty rad otherwise, a gently caress ton of stickers which are hard to get into a few places but he looks great and is fun.

Is there tutorial you followed? Last time I took a TF apart it took me a week to sort out the parts.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Maybe his little antenna dealies move to show mood?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Guys it's not that hard; he projects an emoticon in his monoeye.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He speaks emoji?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

mfw when illogical

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Blackheart posted:

mfw when illogical

:bravo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I reeeeeeeally need a stupid ebay code right now.