Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brass Key
Sep 15, 2007

Attention! Something tremendous has happened!

Inescapable Duck posted:

I mean, just have a drat fantasy setting where they also invented computers and guns if you want them that badly. Or just do Fallout.

Though there's a fun loophole usually used in anime where it's set on another planet that happens to be in a Wild West stage of incomplete/aborted colonisation so you can have wildly varying culture and tech levels without having to have a contrived post-apocalypse scenario. (though it doesn't always stop them anyway)

I'm a huge sucker for lost colony stories, tbh, but as far as books go it's a pretty small genre.

Courtship Rite is a lost colony book that I like but some of it probably belongs here. The thing is, it takes place on a barely-terraformed world with no animal life but small insects and native plant life that's mostly poison. The many-times descendants of the colonists have become dependant on the remnants of old genetic and artificial womb tech for a lot of their food production. War doesn't happen because the food supply is so tenuous that killing people for no reason and leaving them to rot is unthinkable.

Yes, that means exactly what you think it does. There's a lot of casual cannibalism in this book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePlague-Daemon
Apr 16, 2008

~Neck Angels~

Tiggum posted:

Kind of the opposite, really. Like, it's the most interesting thing about the Shannara Chronicles (TV show anyway, I haven't read the books) and I wish they'd get into it more because it's just kind of there in the background. And there are so many generic fantasy settings that having something like that just makes it slightly less repetitive.

The weird part is whenever I've seen illustrations of the books or the game or whatever, it's just regular fantasy. The trolls are just regular trolls in fantasy clothes, and not wearing the weird gas masks the show has. Seems like a missed opportunity.

Also that group of elf-hating humans watching Star Trek, thinking it's real, and booing Spock was probably the best moment in the show.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

outlier posted:

Thomas Covenant was huge in its day. I think a lot of it's allure was that the protagonist was so un-heroic (without being a an outright dick) and spent so much time trying to avoid his fate. I gave the rape in the opening chapter a pass because it was drawn as a horrible action done by a tormented man who was out of his mind who spent the rest of the series beating himself up for it.

And you say there was a second rape. I may have been wrong.
Looks like there actually wasn't. Serephina explained the situation two posts above yours, probably while you were typing.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
That prince of thorns discussion made me think of the last third of a clockwork orange for some reason. Alex justifiably gets the poo poo kicked out of him even after his reconditioning. And he loving deserved it.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Arcsquad12 posted:

That prince of thorns discussion made me think of the last third of a clockwork orange for some reason. Alex justifiably gets the poo poo kicked out of him even after his reconditioning. And he loving deserved it.

Prince of Thorns is very deliberately trying to be a fantasy Clockwork Orange, it even riffs on the "chill winter bastard though dry" line and you can feel how pleased with himself the author is. Except Alex actually changes, whilst Jorg is the fixed point at the centre of the universe.

The post apocalyptic stuff is genuinely nicely done though. Especially the demon in the wall that shouts at everyone "WARNING FOREIGN PRESENCE DETECTED. INITIATING TERMINATION SEQUENCE"

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Sounds like contrived time travel incest à la Heinlein to me. Author digs incest but doesn't want his protagonist to come off creepy, so they make up a weird scheme where he's innocently loving his daughter.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Foxhound posted:

I can't say I've encountered it too much. I used to read a lot more than I do these days and read a whole lot of fantasy in my teens and the only series I can recall that does it is The Death Gate Cycle. I liked that series as a kid and am kind of scared to revisit it in case it was actually not that good and I'm just being nostalgic.

Yyyeeah, it's probably for the best that you don't. I wouldn't say it's outright terrible and it does have a lot of cool ideas, but a lot of the writing and characterization is cringey as hell (particularly "funny" characters like the baby-talking dwarves or the crazy wizard.)

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Straight White Shark posted:

baby-talking dwarves
The hell? I've read that series and that rings zero bells. Maybe the dwarves in the first book living in the big machine?

Powaqoatse posted:

Sounds like contrived time travel incest à la Heinlein to me. Author digs incest but doesn't want his protagonist to come off creepy, so they make up a weird scheme where he's innocently loving his daughter.
It's really nothing like that, let's try not to bash books we've not read.

Rather than derail with defending authors, let's get back to books we loath: Stranger in a Strange Land by Heinlein. It's well-known, and the back of the book describes it as 'A searing indictment of western culture'. Starts promising, with a guy being returned to earth after being raised all his life by Martian aliens; he knows nothing but the language but no social structure nor cues. Then it goes downhill. Everything we do is kinda poo poo and boring and 100x worse than the long-lived uberMartians, except for sex, since they don't have libidos, literally the only redeeming human virtue. So he opens up an actual cult based around having orgies with him as the head. Remenicant of other Heinlein works, every philosophical point the protagonist has is automatically correct since the author says it is (There must be a proper term for this!), and to prove it the protagonist uses his martian mind-powers on anyone who disagrees, showing how right he is. It's been a while, and I can't remember what a lot of his points where, but the book is hot trash with nothing to recommend it except its readable prose.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Inescapable Duck posted:

I mean, just have a drat fantasy setting where they also invented computers and guns if you want them that badly. Or just do Fallout.

Though there's a fun loophole usually used in anime where it's set on another planet that happens to be in a Wild West stage of incomplete/aborted colonisation so you can have wildly varying culture and tech levels without having to have a contrived post-apocalypse scenario. (though it doesn't always stop them anyway)

There's Hard to be a God where humanity discovers a planet resembles ours but is stuck in medieval times. So anthropologists travels to the planet to investigate why the civilization on that planet doesn't advance while trying not to gently caress it up with their advanced technology they fail miserably.

Great Metal Jesus
Jun 11, 2007

Got no use for psychiatry
I can talk to the voices
in my head for free
Mood swings like an axe
Into those around me
My tongue is a double agent
Man it's kind of worrying how many books I've seen in this thread that have been recommended to me by otherwise cool and good friends. Prince of Thorns, Name of the Wind, and Ready Player One have all been thrown at me at one point or another.

I never made it far enough into RPO to see all of the laughably bad poo poo as I'm just the opposite of the target audience for it. I'm too young to have nostalgic affinity for the 80s so the whole thing came off as "Hey remember thing you weren't conscious for?? It sure is important and cool!" which just was not a good hook.

I did enjoy the first...two thirds? of Name of the Wind. It didn't seem too super cringy before he went to magic school and it had an interesting take on how magic works. But it's been so long I don't really remember a drat thing I read.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Why is incest so prevalent in lovely genre works? I can maybe understand in Fantasy if you wanna argue "Nah man it's like reality dude, happened all the time in those royal families!" but it happens way too often for that argument to work, but it happens in sci-fi too. It's so loving weird, is it just creeps injecting their fetish into their works?

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Inescapable Duck posted:

Something about 'standard' fantasy lit has the protagonist tend to be the least likeable and sympathetic character in it besides maybe Lord Evil McRapeocaust and also lots of jarring sexual content. It's basically a long-form version of fanfiction in that way.

I'm really loving sick of this lazy trend of calling everything fanfiction because just calling it lovely is too mainstream or something. Fanfiction didn't invent graphic sexual content or the concept of the anti-hero. And there's something especially tasteless about taking the worst tropes of a legitimate literary genre dominated by men, and pinning them on the dubiously legal subculture cooked up by women and gays so they could have some representation of their interest and desires. When straight men want to write stories about rapist heros it's not fanfiction; it's just novels.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

OldTennisCourt posted:

It's so loving weird, is it just creeps injecting their fetish into their works?
What does your heart tell you?

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

there wolf posted:

I'm really loving sick of this lazy trend of calling everything fanfiction because just calling it lovely is too mainstream or something. Fanfiction didn't invent graphic sexual content or the concept of the anti-hero. And there's something especially tasteless about taking the worst tropes of a legitimate literary genre dominated by men, and pinning them on the dubiously legal subculture cooked up by women and gays so they could have some representation of their interest and desires. When straight men want to write stories about rapist heros it's not fanfiction; it's just novels.
Those tropes are amplified in fanfiction's complete absence of restraint, though, which is why people make the comparison in the first place. Idiot boys write just as much "dark", "badass" fanfiction as idiot men write "dark", "badass" fantasy doorstoppers. Believe it or not, some fanfiction isn't written by lesbians.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
nine inch nails(the band)

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Great Metal Jesus posted:

Man it's kind of worrying how many books I've seen in this thread that have been recommended to me by otherwise cool and good friends. Prince of Thorns, Name of the Wind, and Ready Player One have all been thrown at me at one point or another.

I never made it far enough into RPO to see all of the laughably bad poo poo as I'm just the opposite of the target audience for it. I'm too young to have nostalgic affinity for the 80s so the whole thing came off as "Hey remember thing you weren't conscious for?? It sure is important and cool!" which just was not a good hook.

I did enjoy the first...two thirds? of Name of the Wind. It didn't seem too super cringy before he went to magic school and it had an interesting take on how magic works. But it's been so long I don't really remember a drat thing I read.

Name of the Wind is fairly tolerable for long stretches. The sequel, Wise Man's Fear, is where poo poo starts getting really dire what with the sex ninjas and the Actual Sex Goddess.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

outlier posted:

The second trilogy? Eh ...

I actually like the first book of trilogy mk II most - the Land being thoroughly hosed up by the Sunbane was a much more interesting setting than generic-magic-fantasyland-horsies-etc.

But then they all bogged off to sea and it got boring again.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
double post

there wolf has a new favorite as of 21:00 on Aug 10, 2017

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Those tropes are amplified in fanfiction's complete absence of restraint, though, which is why people make the comparison in the first place. Idiot boys write just as much "dark", "badass" fanfiction as idiot men write "dark", "badass" fantasy doorstoppers. Believe it or not, some fanfiction isn't written by lesbians.

Everyone has a capacity to write thinly veiled ego trips, terrible sexual manifestos, and adventures of an all-powerful edgelord. But historically, the idiot boys got access to publishers and had their work widely disseminated where it could go on the influence the genre. The doorstopper fantasy epic with terrible sexual politics that came out in 1977 is not like fanfiction, because fanfiction at that point was entirely confined to some gays passing around handmade zines. Please stop using "like fanfiction" as a way to just say "is lovely"; it's really lazy.

I think Stranger in a Strange Land has some serious time-capsule value as a sample of what passed for progressive sexual politics back in the day. Like if someone tells you that the sexual revolution benefited men at the expense of women, just go read this book all about sexual liberation being a divine gift that will free us all where the two most significant women female characters literally become interchangeable at the end.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Nobody who talks about fanfiction in 2017 is talking about fanfiction as it was 40 years ago, and they're making the comparison to say that the book is lovely in a specific way familiar to people on this website (nerds). There's no reason to turn this into a retroactive battle over civil rights, certainly not given the state that fanfiction has firmly settled into for at least the past 20 years.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Nobody who talks about fanfiction in 2017 is talking about fanfiction as it was 40 years ago, and they're making the comparison to say that the book is lovely in a specific way familiar to people on this website (nerds). There's no reason to turn this into a retroactive battle over civil rights, certainly not given the state that fanfiction has firmly settled into for at least the past 20 years.

Please stop using "like fanfiction" as a way to just say "is lovely"; it's really lazy.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Nobody did that. (And if anything, it's less lazy to make a comparison than to use a simple adjective.)

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

there wolf posted:

Please stop using "like fanfiction" as a way to just say "is lovely"; it's really lazy.

This is by far the dumbest thing to derail this thread over, please stop.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Like lovely fan fiction, this derail has gone on too long and the editor is handing back our first draft with a shitload of red ink

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

Serephina posted:

Wow, I didn't feel like responding since I'm sure someone else would point it out, but the sex was totally consensual, with Tom ignorant of her parentage (he's been gone for what they feel is 30 years), but Elena knowing fully who her dad was but didn't bring it up. Tom was horrified when he later finds out iirc. The 'rape-as-a-whole-concept' thing was put in very early in the first book, to show Tom as an anti-hero when everyone in the world assumes he's Jesus mkII, and his difficulty handling their expectations with his self-loathing. It's super-jarring, but sexuality is really not brought up ever again of a trilogy so Donaldson get a pass.
Huh. It's been about ten years since I read it and I remember some weird tension in the scene, but I'll cop to misremembering if that's the case.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Sham bam bamina! posted:

there wolf posted:

Everyone has a capacity to write thinly veiled ego trips, terrible sexual manifestos, and adventures of an all-powerful edgelord. But historically, the idiot boys got access to publishers and had their work widely disseminated where it could go on the influence the genre. The doorstopper fantasy epic with terrible sexual politics that came out in 1977 is not like fanfiction, because fanfiction at that point was entirely confined to some gays passing around handmade zines. Please stop using "like fanfiction" as a way to just say "is lovely"; it's really lazy.

I think Stranger in a Strange Land has some serious time-capsule value as a sample of what passed for progressive sexual politics back in the day. Like if someone tells you that the sexual revolution benefited men at the expense of women, just go read this book all about sexual liberation being a divine gift that will free us all where the two most significant women female characters literally become interchangeable at the end.

you realize that 90% of the weird fetish books are written by women, right?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

ThePlague-Daemon posted:

The weird part is whenever I've seen illustrations of the books or the game or whatever, it's just regular fantasy. The trolls are just regular trolls in fantasy clothes, and not wearing the weird gas masks the show has. Seems like a missed opportunity.

Also that group of elf-hating humans watching Star Trek, thinking it's real, and booing Spock was probably the best moment in the show.

It is still a fantasy setting, even though it is in the future. Like the fantasy stuff isn't just misunderstood tech, it is literally magic. Brooks did a series where he bridged the gap between modern day and Shanarra and a big part of what changes the world is magic coming back.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Cumslut1895 posted:

you realize that 90% of the weird fetish books are written by women, right?

Because sad middle-aged man found irresistible by vivacious teenager is considered totally normal.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Maybe a lot of badly socialized creeps write genre fiction irrespective of their gender? There's as much room in the world for Daughter of the Blood and Kushiel's Dart as there is for Tarnsman of Gor and The Fifth Sorceress.

Sham bam bamina! has a new favorite as of 23:18 on Aug 10, 2017

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Straight White Shark posted:

Yyyeeah, it's probably for the best that you don't. I wouldn't say it's outright terrible and it does have a lot of cool ideas, but a lot of the writing and characterization is cringey as hell (particularly "funny" characters like the baby-talking dwarves or the crazy wizard.)

Well I wasn't remembering much of those until you jogged my memory. The kicksey-winsey dwarves right? I liked how it threw some of the established tropes out the window and created 4(5) worlds that were all kind of different from each other, and especially the rock world with the necromancy was interesting. Also wasn't the wizard a crossover from Dragonlance?

Also the first four books were translated to Swedish, which is what I read. I obviously can't comment on whether it improved the writing since I haven't read the originals.

Wikipedia posted:

Weis is a breast cancer survivor. She was diagnosed in 1993 and underwent successful chemotherapy. She kept herself busy writing The Seventh Gate during her treatment.[10]
Weis now lives in southern Wisconsin in a converted barn.

Foxhound has a new favorite as of 23:22 on Aug 10, 2017

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Maybe a lot of badly socialized creeps write genre fiction irrespective of their gender? There's as much room in the world for Daughter of the Blood and Kushiel's Dart as there is for Tarnsman of Gor and The Fifth Sorceress.

It's almost like

quote:

Everyone has a capacity to write thinly veiled ego trips, terrible sexual manifestos, and adventures of an all-powerful edgelord.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
I'm glad that this has brought us together.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat

ThePlague-Daemon posted:

The first book takes place at least a thousand years or so after the war and the sequels keep going further in the future, and I think there might have been actual divine intervention to boot going off my memories of the Word and Void trilogy. There's a few notable instances though, cyborg mutant monsters are minor enemies in the first book and the second of the second series, and the main villain of the second book in the third is a surviving rampant AI and its army of bodyjacked cyborgs.

Serephina posted:

The hell? I've read that series and that rings zero bells. Maybe the dwarves in the first book living in the big machine?

It's really nothing like that, let's try not to bash books we've not read.

Rather than derail with defending authors, let's get back to books we loath: Stranger in a Strange Land by Heinlein. It's well-known, and the back of the book describes it as 'A searing indictment of western culture'. Starts promising, with a guy being returned to earth after being raised all his life by Martian aliens; he knows nothing but the language but no social structure nor cues. Then it goes downhill. Everything we do is kinda poo poo and boring and 100x worse than the long-lived uberMartians, except for sex, since they don't have libidos, literally the only redeeming human virtue. So he opens up an actual cult based around having orgies with him as the head. Remenicant of other Heinlein works, every philosophical point the protagonist has is automatically correct since the author says it is (There must be a proper term for this!), and to prove it the protagonist uses his martian mind-powers on anyone who disagrees, showing how right he is. It's been a while, and I can't remember what a lot of his points where, but the book is hot trash with nothing to recommend it except its readable prose.

The really weird part to me is that the entire tone of the book completely changes most of the way through with no warning. The entire first three quarters or so grapples with culture shock and the implications of Valentine's powers, like the morality of using his superpowers to erase criminals, and then bam there's a six-month timeskip with no leadup where they somehow discover that it actually somehow reincarnates the people he zaps, so they go around erasing all the bad guys and have sex parties and Valentine's totally acclimated with no effort. It's like he stapled a completely different book in and thought nobody would notice.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Maybe Heinlein just got tired of leading up to "the good stuff" (:rolleyes:) and simply skipped ahead to save himself the trouble. The thing's already like 700 pages as it is.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Surprisingly, It's actually around 400. I remembered it being even shorter, but that might just have been in comparison to his other novels which are usually longer and much less readable.

But in actual content, has anyone read Dan Simmons Hyperion series? I remembered loving it as a teen, and then made the mistake of rereading it. Raul Endymion isn't a strict Mary-Sue author insert, but instead the much more common type of insert that combines the authors aspirational vision of what a hero is with a presumed everyman outlook that's just the author's voice coming straight through.Three books building up the a resolution of great mystery, prophecy and the final conflict between mankind and the AI gods, all see from the viewpoint of an insecure boyfriend obsessing over what his girlfriend did on break. Should have let it all in the nostalgia pile.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

kvx687 posted:

The really weird part to me is that the entire tone of the book completely changes most of the way through with no warning. The entire first three quarters or so grapples with culture shock and the implications of Valentine's powers, like the morality of using his superpowers to erase criminals, and then bam there's a six-month timeskip with no leadup where they somehow discover that it actually somehow reincarnates the people he zaps, so they go around erasing all the bad guys and have sex parties and Valentine's totally acclimated with no effort. It's like he stapled a completely different book in and thought nobody would notice.

Yeah the abrupt shift from neat sci-fi and culture shock into weird old guy sex fantasy religious bullshit annoyed the poo poo out of me, and I was a goddamned teenager when I read it.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

there wolf posted:

Surprisingly, It's actually around 400. I remembered it being even shorter, but that might just have been in comparison to his other novels which are usually longer and much less readable.
The uncut version, as Heinlen wrote it, is 655 pages long.

But enough about such well-trodden topics...

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

The signature in the front of my copy posted:

Dear Wendy,
Thank you for entering my Goodreads Giveaway!
Marie J. S. Phillips
The book does not have any reviews on Goodreads, let alone one from Wendy. :(

Irregularities in punctuation and capitalization are scrupulously preserved from the original text. Despite what the cover says, the book is sadly not illustrated, although there are sets of maps at both the front and the back.

The dedication posted:

To my current feline furbabies - 24lb Maine Coon Kai, and 4 yo Bombay lookalike, Orion-who shaped a few characters in this book.

IN LOVING MEMORY

To my Mom, (January 27, 1931 - May 16, 2006), who always encouraged me to write about "people", and I finally have, Mom, though they are not Homo sapiens!

To all my past beloved feline furbabies, who influenced the creation of many characters in this book; Tuxedo Maine Coon Demon (April 1990 - August 6, 1991), Brown tabby Maine Coon Khan (May 10, 1991- April 10, 2002), Silver Tabby 1/4th Siamese Phantom (July 22, 1991 - Aug 7, 2007), Blue –cream Mandee (May 12, 1987 - March 26, 1999), Tabby and white Maine Coon Indy (July 4, 1993 - Jan 9, 2008) Short-legged Munchkin (1992? - Oct 31, 2000), Black Satin (? - January 2008) Black smoke Maine Coon Warlocke (Dec 1994-May 2012)

The first two sentences, on page 9 because formatting is hard posted:

Kutius walked up the road, tail drooping, shoulders hunched with anxiety. His backsack felt like it weighed a hundred octlos.

29 posted:

He left the rest of his lunch uneaten. Children ran around the yard playing Shartball in small groups.

85 posted:

"My grandmother intervened," Kutius sneered. "She had me reinstated. Such a nice-looking Gathering. To celebrate the new ship. Awwww, how nice, and you two cannot go along! Hahaha! How saaad."

"Dokit krufk! Sif brain! Vachok!" Murkuria shrieked, and leaped for the screen, hands flexed, fingers spread, claws ready. The gaming sensors on her fingers flashed. Four sets of hands hauled her backward, stopping her from demolishing the innocent screen.

92 posted:

"I look good!" he exclaimed, blinking. "Grandmother is right! I hope females like my ice-blue eyes."

182 posted:

Her voice strengthened, as she delved into her story, revealing every bit of her research, and the genetic engineering that created the Felakoons out between the stars from aborted zygotes belonging to an alien animal called a Maine Coon Cat! Another insidious silly name, Kutius thought.

:siren::nws::siren:

Excerpts from the first sex scene of three, 93-94 posted:

"You young scamps sure burn sooo hot!" she exclaimed, as he pushed his folo into her.

[...]

"Oooooh, young one," she breathed into his ear. "So well-endowed, with natural skills. Ready to fly?"

"Yes," Kutius grunted, between gasps.

"Give yourself to me!" the female cried, and her chava tightened convulsively around his folo.

[...]

"Thank you, Young One." The female gave him a quick hug. "I hope we meet again."

"S-s-s so do I," Kutius heaved for breath, his whole body tingling. The female returned inside the Gamehouse. Kutius caught his breath, rose on quaking legs, and staggered out to the street, wanting only to sleep, and perhaps have a big snack. What a wonderful encounter.

The second sex scene of three, 208-211 posted:

"Will you come with me?" he asked. The sensation of a furnace-hot Pillisk ball stuck behind his sheath intensified.

[...]

"I feel strange," she murmured.

"I do, too." He held her tighter, and her belly heated up. Her gasp of pleasure trembled through his entire body, and, as heat reached deep into his loins, he stirred in a place that lay dead for octades. Kutius shook with surprise, and pulled back to peek down. To his utter shock, his folo protruded from his sheath, touching her thinly-furred lower abdomen.

"Sucking blackholes," he gasped. He swiftly reached behind his sheath, groping with uncertain talons. To his utter shock, his questing fingers struck one chybut that burned and throbbed as it descended into his grasp.

"Chafk! The fools missed this!" Kutius cried in glee. "My third chybut is here!"

He laughed in utter joy, and pushed against her again. Zarea inhaled sharply as he poked into her, and, to his utter astonishment, he grew. Both clasped each other in disbelief.

"I thought . . . they told me I was totally sterile," Zarea hissed with pleasure.

"I am sterile, as without the other two to carry and nurture the seed, it will die, but, oh, chafk!" Kutius groaned, gently pulling free to enjoy re-penetration. He engorged. "I cannot believe they missed this!"

"It must be the bonding pheromones. They stimulate. Perhaps they are responsible?" Zarea said. "Krufk, Kutius!"

"They sure are responsible," Kutius moaned, drawing on old memories of his first and last sexual encounter. They paled compared to the fire currently engulfing his body. He sighed, moving faster. They sank to the carpet, oblivious to anything else in the world. He thrust hard, immersing himself in the sensations.

"Slow, Kutius! Please. This may be our only chance ever."

Kutius slowed instantly, fearing she might be right. Somehow, the demands of the bonding pheromones overrode verything else. He reached again for his third chybut, and felt a thin ridge of skin, an old scar. His exultation faded as he realized the surgeons removed his semen gland, leaving an empty shell of a chybut. Once consummated, he knew he might never again know this joy. The heat built at a leisurely pace, and Kutius enjoyed every stroke of his full erection -- a miracle of the ancient gods. He glanced out the big porthole. Full night darkened the sky. Cinsas sent golden light blazing into the dark cabin. The shuttleboat rocked gently in the large swells caused by the double tide.

Kutius wished he did not have to ever stop, but his legs quivered with fatigue. She moaned her ecstasy as his folo throbbed. His third chybut convulsed with torrid heat, sending flames up into his fevered loins. She constricted around him. He cried out with pleasure, and she echoed him. He pulsed with torching passions as she grabbed his ruff. Fire ejected from his folo, and his entire body convulsed. He screamed into her ruff as her climax squeezed him in scorching passion that almost hurt. He continued to thrust, even though the sensations subsided all too quickly. He reluctantly withdrew. A small glint of moisture shimmered on his retracting folo. She hugged him.

"That was so wonderful. We consummated," she murmured dreamily.

"We did." He gazed down at himself. No huge splash of fluid wet her chava, nor soaked his sheath. No, his castration had not been miraculously reversed. He knew his third chybut to be an empty hull. Only the fiery interplay of the bonding pheromones allowed this to happen. He touched the chybut, and under his desperate grasp, it shriveled slowly into a wrinkled sack. His throat closed with grief, but he snuggled against his new spouse, forcing away the emotions. They sat, huddled together for a good quat, just enjoying the contact, until Kutius sat up slowly, and pressed against her. She gyrated hard against him, but, as he feared, nothing happened. The fire left his remaining chybut limp and useless. She smiled wanly, and tenderly stroked the unresponsive chybut.

Excerpts from the third sex scene of three, more or less identical to the second but shorter, 245 posted:

"Kutius? What is . . .?"

"A gift from the Universe," he whispered, as his folo engorged and poked out of its sheath. His third chybut sack swelled. "They must have left something behind when they took the gland, taking pity on a poor boy!"

[...]

"Ohh Kutius! This iss sso splendid," Zarea hissed into his ear.

[...]

"If what I experienced at fifteen was flying, this is rocket launch!!"

[...]

Tears sparkled Zarea's eyes, and Kutius blinked through a veil of his own tears. Moonlight bathed their faces in silver gold.

"How was that possible?" Zarea gasped.

"We are bonded," Kutius heaved for breath. "Maybe, just maybe, we will be able to enjoy this gift when conditions stimulate us."

Sham bam bamina! has a new favorite as of 21:19 on Aug 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
PYF terrible book: His third chybut sack swelled

Maybe it's because I'm tired and it's late, but I burst out laughing at that.