Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/therichobiquan/status/895851787130982400

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
these people will tell you up and down how anti-racist they are the whole time they've subconsciously accepted the "we gotta be more racist" tweet

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

https://twitter.com/mmfa/status/895849958930251776

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

now that's what i call media mattering

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

david brock good???

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/curaffairs/status/895644120034664449
https://twitter.com/curaffairs/status/895749349791211520
https://twitter.com/curaffairs/status/895752248512458753

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
Why do these people even think Cuomo is an own; I don't expect them to read anything from the left but at least they could sort of pretend to notice the left has been acting against Cuomo since sometime during the Obama admin.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Agnosticnixie posted:

Why do these people even think Cuomo is an own; I don't expect them to read anything from the left but at least they could sort of pretend to notice the left has been acting against Cuomo since sometime during the Obama admin.

Because the Bernie Bros are all white men and automatically support white male candidates, which is why they all voted Trump over Clinton to advance their true agenda of wealth redistribution, equality, white supremacy, and patriarchy.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Scent of Worf posted:

I replied to a jen kirkman tweet and 15 seconds later she deleted it :cheerdoge:

she's already stated before she deletes her tweets after 24 - 72 hours

she is a coward who cannot stand by her own words

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Zoran posted:

Because the Bernie Bros are all white men and automatically support white male candidates, which is why they all voted Trump over Clinton to advance their true agenda of wealth redistribution, equality, white supremacy, and patriarchy.

meanwhile centrist democrats keep on running...

white... men...?

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-future-of-the-democratic-party-is-white-men/

it really is all projection

they accuse us of being whitebros only when they themselves are whitebro only

they accuse us of being racsexist when they themselves are racsexist

they accuse us of purity tests, etc etc

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

A shame about the dnc in texas BAH GAWD IS THAT THE DSA'S MUSIC

https://twitter.com/thorharris666/status/895767982089154564

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

but it did though
:thunk:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Agean90 posted:

great name and best political ad since Mike Gravel

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

have a thought

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Darkman Fanpage posted:

the black caucus has been wholly subsumed into the centrist democrat establishment.

there we go
:laffo:

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Agean90 posted:

Hell yeah bitch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wVAZzDqbTo

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Do centrist Democrats realize that they are being complete and total assholes on a level above the alt-left with this donut and water twitter bullshit?

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Dirk Pitt posted:

Do centrist Democrats realize that they are being complete and total assholes on a level above the alt-left with this donut and water twitter bullshit?

if they had capacity for honest self reflection the country wouldnt be in this mess

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Agean90 posted:

if they had capacity for honest self reflection the country wouldnt be in this mess
:yeah:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Frijolero posted:

Dany freed slaves (so lol not Hillary)

Cersei got mad that a balding old man was more popular than her so she blew him up (Hillary)

Hillary isn't 1/100 as competent and effective as Cersei tho. Cersei actually won some things!

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Agean90 posted:

i mean, but who does?
honest self reflection is such a bourgeoisie passè concept

no, it's not murrican enough, so it is oft dismissed

Only registered members can see post attachments!

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
So the centrists are hating black people now? Why?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

punk rebel ecks posted:

Now? No, they always hated black people.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Office Pig posted:

now that's what i call media mattering

The thing about that type of headline in that type of editorial is that if the answer is "No" or "I don't really know for sure", then why not hit the delete button halfway through, and if the answer is "Yes", then why not have the courage to write the headline as a decisive and bold declaration? Some bigots really like hiding bigotry by phrasing it as a question to make themselves look "skeptical".

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
So I'm reading about Donutgate on Neogaf and the first thing people bring up is how Nina Turner was acting threatening by bring a crowd of 60 people to the DNC building.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

punk rebel ecks posted:

centrists literally cannot see leftists of color so they didn't realize nina and the other activists were trying to get in the building, left some donuts out for the angry-sounding spirits to appease them

punk rebel ecks posted:

So I'm reading about Donutgate on Neogaf and the first thing people bring up is how Nina Turner was acting threatening by bring a crowd of 60 people to the DNC building.

it's the "i don't have a problem with your protest as long as you do it in a way that doesn't make me remotely uncomfortable" meme

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
So I need help understanding the lastest outrage by Dems against Trump:

Putin, due to sanctions the Dems voted for, downsized our embassy staff. Dems are now outraged that Trump is not mad about it, even though they've been harping about how Russia is our enemy :psyduck:

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

punk rebel ecks posted:

So people are threatening to the politicians

Hmmm
🤔

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

punk rebel ecks posted:

that place is a loving cesspool of failed conventional wisdom and anti-left reaction

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

they should have stormed it imho

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 214 days!
i'm beginning to wonder what value the democratic party brings to leftists

no really lay it on me, some of you are involved and know why it's worth dealing with them

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
Legacy and a physical structural platform to dominate.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

Hodgepodge posted:

no really lay it on me, some of you are involved and know why it's worth dealing with them

Mainly it's the whole thing about the two-party system, which effectively makes it night impossible to push a third party unless one of the big two is dying (like the death of the federalists, free soilers and whigs). Of course there's also a reason people have been saying for decades that the democratic party is where social movements go die.

The focus on federal politics over state politics makes this especially bad but both parties have sort of managed to make themselves the only legitimate voices in a way (some states don't even allow thirds on the ballot at this point afaik), especially given how much the federal system distorts voices to a point that makes even parliamentary westminster systems look more democratic.

Agnosticnixie has issued a correction as of 07:29 on Aug 11, 2017

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Hodgepodge posted:

We're stuck with them due to our archaic first past the post system and there's basically nothing we can do about it other than take them over. This nation could easily be a one party GOP fascist state, too. It's really not a great place, lmao.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Vox Nihili posted:

We're stuck with them due to our archaic first past the post system and there's basically nothing we can do about it other than take them over. This nation could easily be a one party GOP fascist state, too. It's really not a great place, lmao.
One of the reasons why I hope Ranked Choice stays on the books for Maine.
Even thought it's FPTP, it addresses the spoiler vote issue.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 214 days!
yeah, i guess it's easy to forget how dire third parties are in your system

i'm kind of afraid of how totally the gop might wreck the dems before they either start paying attention to the left or die and let a new party emerge

i guess the tea party is instructional; except they had the backing of big donors and therefore had a huge advantage getting the gop to pay attention

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

fptp is fundamentally undemocratic

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Hodgepodge posted:

once you get a leftist elected the answer is nothing

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Hodgepodge posted:

i'm kind of afraid of how totally the gop might wreck the dems

I've got bad news.

We're there.

I mean, the DNC were being compared to the Whigs back in 2004, and now look where we are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vox Nihili posted:

There's only one party, the Big Business Party, and two factions wage a continuous war within it.

• Locked thread