Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Is Gray One of the bonus units for Tempest Trials?

I just chucked in $60 for 80 orbs and got him :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

tithin posted:

Yep.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

tithin posted:

40% bonus units: Celica, Gray, Sonya, Delthea
20% bonus units: Alm, Berkut, Genny, Clive

So yeah if you didn't get Berkut while his GHB was up you're praying to the RNG.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I was really hoping for Celica, but this Gray's +spd -def, so with Wind Boost he's going to be a speedy fucker.

Wonder how I should build him

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

'gently caress vantage' seal seems alright

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Andrast posted:

'gently caress vantage' seal seems alright
I'm more interested in the one that lets you use the semi-useful attack ploy skill without taking up a skill slot for something more important. I wager I'll be seeing it on every Julia from now until eternity.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
The map-choice seems custom-made to gently caress with your speed score.

Also, that last map is so loving cool! The design and the music are probably the best I've seen from the game yet!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Roger Explosion posted:

I'm more interested in the one that lets you use the semi-useful attack ploy skill without taking up a skill slot for something more important. I wager I'll be seeing it on every Julia from now until eternity.

Oh I missed that. -3 ploy with just a seal slot seems great.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Clive looks pretty drat basic. Free Hit and Run seems nice though. Glad I held onto a 5* Peri so her can have a more interesting lance.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Roger Explosion posted:

The map-choice seems custom-made to gently caress with your speed score.

Nothing Rein and a dancer (and Sonya) couldn't solve.

You can get 2116 score from your first runs in this tempest if you do it perfectly.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
delthea and celica + alm moral support are mulching everything this is sick

Wallet Inspector
Jun 15, 2012

Bonfire charged Xander ohkos the boss on Lunatic cool. Horse Emblem supremacy.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Threw 13 reward orbs to the gatcha and finally got me a Julia! She is, however -ATK/+SPD. Is she at all salvageable?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

This might seem like an odd question but

Is there an app or something I can use to disable autolock on my pixel while playing this game?

I've tried googling, but can't find anything

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Hit the maximum points on my first run, getting to use Celica is sooo much better than having to use a *4 Mae with bad IVs.

Roger Explosion posted:

Threw 13 reward orbs to the gatcha and finally got me a Julia! She is, however -ATK/+SPD. Is she at all salvageable?
It's fine. Give her Fury and the -ATK won't be that noticeable. +SPD is a really good boon for her since she gets +4 speed from it, she actually hits 33 speed with Fury 3. Neat thing is that it's impossible to ruin Julia with bad IVs.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The +4 to all stats help tremendously.

I'm running Sonya/Alm/Berkut/Genny just to get some HM on my not that great units and even the 4* Berkut can do something with the bonus stats.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I just realized the gently caress Vantage seal is a pretty massive blow to Hector. The dude will never be a bad unit but in between this, Xander stealing his schtick, Sheena being a better tank and everyone figuring out how to deal wit him in arena, the dude's fallen far from where is was at launch.

Will the new seal also screw with Brash Assault and Desperation?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Roger Explosion posted:

I just realized the gently caress Vantage seal is a pretty massive blow to Hector. The dude will never be a bad unit but in between this, Xander stealing his schtick, Sheena being a better tank and everyone figuring out how to deal wit him in arena, the dude's fallen far from where is was at launch.

Will the new seal also screw with Brash Assault and Desperation?

Yes to desperation. No to brash since that is just an extra attack.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
getting 2,000 points each on my first two runs of the day makes tempest trials much cooler, and more good

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

TheKingofSprings posted:

I give up, +Atk/-Speed Ike is fine, gently caress the IV system, gently caress Gacha forever

tbh it really is

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
One of the big issues I have sometimes is Delthea having some fury damage on her when I go to kill Ryoma so she gets OHKOed and not being able to just weaken him with someone else because he has vantage. The gently caress vantage seal should help with that nicely

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

One of the big issues I have sometimes is Delthea having some fury damage on her when I go to kill Ryoma so she gets OHKOed and not being able to just weaken him with someone else because he has vantage. The gently caress vantage seal should help with that nicely

The gently caress vantage seam needs your unit to have 100% hp to work

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
why is the only 4* source of spur res 3 from a only 5*

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

why is the only 4* source of spur res 3 from a only 5*
Merric can be pulled at *4 if you're talking about him.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
What's interesting is the gently caress Vantage seal is listed as gently caress Vantage 1, which implies that we'll see a full 1/2/3 version of it in the future. I wonder if its going to be a barely noticeable HP range like Quick Riposte or something more substantial like Wrathful Staff.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Wow, I had never seen someone get 4* star Merric.

I wish I have one. Gray needs some way to be useful.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Tired Moritz posted:

Wow, I had never seen someone get 4* star Merric.

I wish I have one. Gray needs some way to be useful.

I got him last week

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

BTomebreaker is still only available from frobin, a GHB unit

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
The seal needing your unit to be at full health hurts it a bit. Makes dealing with Hector easier definitely, but most people should be aiming to ORKO Hector at this point anyway. Or have a red unit that can deal with him all day.

I'm more curious about if the seal shuts off Desperation, especially on your own unit.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ApplesandOranges posted:

I'm more curious about if the seal shuts off Desperation, especially on your own unit.

It definitely will

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

And if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier...

ungulateman posted:

getting 2,000 points each on my first two runs of the day makes tempest trials much cooler, and more good

The triple points bonus is very cool and good. Same for the bonus unit stats, base 4* Berkut tanks everything pretty well. I'll manage to hit all the seals just running one bar of stamina on hard 5s each day.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
slotted Xander and Gray in and I'm sure I'm gonna reach 9999 sp at this rate

Majinfefnir13
Oct 11, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

I give up, +Atk/-Speed Ike is fine, gently caress the IV system, gently caress Gacha forever

Speaking of the iv system, after whaling a bit the the hero fest banner I managed to finally get a Julia though she's +Def -Spd :argh:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Majinfefnir13 posted:

Speaking of the iv system, after whaling a bit the the hero fest banner I managed to finally get a Julia though she's +Def -Spd :argh:

That's pretty alright honestly. I guess she no longer doubles +spd Reinhardt's, but those aren't super common.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Orb rewards are cool and good but I'm a bit more excited by the shitton of shards (no, not crystals) they're giving at the higher score brackets

Although I suppose I'll need them less and less with the new 4* rate. Still good for promoting the occasional 3* Hinatas though

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
So is delthea's tome as bananas as it seems?

Like a ground unit being able to give a brave hana, lucina or Cordelia +6 attack is amazing.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Yorkshire Tea posted:

So is delthea's tome as bananas as it seems?

Like a ground unit being able to give a brave hana, lucina or Cordelia +6 attack is amazing.

It's alright but melee inftantry are generally not that that great so it's of limited use. Especially when units like Cordelia can use flier buffs, which are just better.

Way better than it was before now that arena assault is a thing though.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
gently caress, give us more axe cavaliers instead of all these lances/sword boys.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
Speaking of Ike he's still use able yeah? After ages of trying I finally landed him with a +Atk -hp iv which I won't bitch about! Figure he's a good fit for Fury and maybe quick riposte or maybe his native sword breaker.

It's just really hard to justify benching Xander for any other red unit, dude just does it all and does it really well. But dang it I'm hell bent on using Ike after all the effort I put in trying to get him since he appeared.

Also I think the IV system is on the glitch because of the past 4 five star units I've pulled, every single one of them has been +Atk - RES or hp. I'm terrified of the day the gacha gods swing the pendulum back around the other way and it's nothing but -spd for months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I've been using Ike since I got him and he is still real good