Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

DONT DO IT posted:

I took your advice and rearranged some things into this build. I'm still trying for generalist because I don't know what kind of weapons I'll have, but I'm close enough to weapon nodes in marauder or ranger to specialize if I get something worthwhile. The fortify nodes don't seem worth it unless I'm going Champion.

Nice! Looks solid, and you can always go back to fix anything you don't like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Harbinger changes

tl;dr - Tougher, more direct damage, better drop table, show up more often in maps, more likely to get Beachhead from the orb.

Oh, and tabs are on sale this weekend.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

Zo posted:

what about the guy you're trading with

75, and also irrelevant for that message. He's able to put in currency as shown in the pic. Seems like some other people have had the same issue in the past.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Anyone having issues with sound being really choppy? Hit act 4 town and it's terrible, can't even hear half the dialogue.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

Wiltsghost posted:

Anyone having issues with sound being really choppy? Hit act 4 town and it's terrible, can't even hear half the dialogue.

Yeah I get that garbly autotuned poo poo a lot. Restarting the client fixes it.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Wiltsghost posted:

George posted:

Same, my sound flipped out right when Dialla activated the rapture device. Weirdly the music was fine but every other sound was silent or garbled. A restart fixed it for me too.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

whypick1 posted:

Harbinger changes

tl;dr - Tougher, more direct damage, better drop table, show up more often in maps, more likely to get Beachhead from the orb.

dats all good but i worry that the stronger harbs might just make the beachhead way way harder to do

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

George posted:

I restarted and it worked for a few minutes but then went back to the garbled mess. Hope it works itself out as I progress.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

My FPS drops in half when I'm near fire like in Act 5 town or Act 6 town.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

NecroMonster posted:

dats all good but i worry that the stronger harbs might just make the beachhead way way harder to do
It's not even remotely difficult at the moment.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Kild posted:

My FPS drops in half when I'm near fire like in Act 5 town or Act 6 town.

For me, it's the shiny mud in Mud Flats or Fetid Pool.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
Anyone else who is getting the area change disconnects; turning off resolution scaling seemed to help me a lot. It isn't 100%, but I went from being disconnected around half the time I would zone to maybe 1/5 or 1/6.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
This is a long shot, but I am in my first labyrinth and have a problem. In the first section, I have come across 2 locked doors in one area and I can't find any switches or anything to unlock them. What am I missing

Probably not a good description, but I thought I would give it a shot. General chat is currently full of trumptards talking about pizza gate some I'm not going to bother there.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Wiltsghost posted:

I restarted and it worked for a few minutes but then went back to the garbled mess. Hope it works itself out as I progress.

I reduced the audio channels to low to kinda fix it.

George
Nov 27, 2004

Raged posted:

This is a long shot, but I am in my first labyrinth and have a problem. In the first section, I have come across 2 locked doors in one area and I can't find any switches or anything to unlock them. What am I missing

Probably not a good description, but I thought I would give it a shot. General chat is currently full of trumptards talking about pizza gate some I'm not going to bother there.

Sometimes you need a key from an adjacent area. Check poelab.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

George posted:

Sometimes you need a key from an adjacent area. Check poelab.

Ahhh, never knew about poelab thank that helped

George
Nov 27, 2004

Poelab is one of the best community efforts I've seen in a game.

Anarkii
Dec 30, 2008
I don't understand the point of sextants. They seem to have mostly negative effects without adding additional rewards. Why should I be using them on atlas?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Anarkii posted:

I don't understand the point of sextants. They seem to have mostly negative effects without adding additional rewards. Why should I be using them on atlas?
Almost all sextant effects are positive.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Anarkii posted:

check the wiki for sextant effects, should be p obvious why they are so expensive

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
Well, that was a very surprise Maintenance that just happened.

Edit: "We have shut the servers down briefly and are rolling the database back a few minutes to undo a serious character loss issue that occurred."

Keru fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Aug 11, 2017

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

anyone have any luck farming for vaal side areas lately? My old standbuys don't seem to work.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Anarkii posted:

You want the ones that are "Areas contain additional Monsters that deal <x> damage" because they cram even more monsters into your map, so you get the most value out of your chisels etc

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Keru posted:

Edit: "We have shut the servers down briefly and are rolling the database back a few minutes to undo a serious character loss issue that occurred."

Glad I decided to call it a night 20 minutes ago

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here

Keru posted:

Apparently someone tried an obsolete server command of some sort at GGG and it wiped all characters to level one scions, based on GGG replies on the Path of Exile subreddit. Right now they're rolling back like five minutes of server time to reinstate the characters.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Lol that owns

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Arsonide posted:

Apparently someone tried an obsolete server command of some sort at GGG and it wiped all characters to level one scions, based on GGG replies on the Path of Exile subreddit. Right now they're rolling back like five minutes of server time to reinstate the characters.

It's 2 guys on Reddit who got scioned, no?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Yeah the actual Reddit post causing the rollback was dude who's character got moved to void league.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

RossCo posted:

I'm trying to make a hurricane shot ranger work, is there a current standout ascendancy for rangers or are they largely equal right now?

For tornado shot, you might want to take a look at https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1041989

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009
I can't seem to find any inclination of when the harbinger improvements will be implemented, you would have thought they would want them in for this weekend to retain more players.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Post says in tandem with the harbinger supporter packs, due out early next week.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
I'm browsing through the Chinese q&a thread with Erik and here's some cool highlights:

"We are working at upgrading the player class models, but it is a very long process since it involves modifications to all animations and armours. By now the game has so much content so changes like this take time. I was actually looking at one of the work in progress player models earlier today, and I am very keen to get them into the game! Also I can confirm that the Templar will get pants in this update."

We are working on new portraits, and I can give you a small work in progress image of one of the Scion portraits.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
We are experimenting with a system that could allow skin effects like tattoos and different skin tones at the moment. Please be patient while we are developing this kind of thing.

Q: Is possible the chararter have gender for each classes?
A: This would take a lot of resources to do, and while I'm not completely ruling it out, if we did it, it would be far into the future.

Jinnigan fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Aug 11, 2017

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Jinnigan posted:

the Templar will get pants in this update."

what the gently caress

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

Mover posted:

what the gently caress

Yeah there will be hell to pay for this on Reddit I'm sure.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

Jinnigan posted:

the Templar will get pants in this update

WHAT

*storms off to reddit*

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

So the bossroom of the T15 beachhead map is kind of intense

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001
And now one with no filter

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Hey I seem to be having a weird graphics issue where my AA disappears into a blurry mess, but not all of the time- usually when just running around it looks fine but in combat or town it goes to poo poo. Anyone else had this problem?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

StashAugustine posted:

Hey I seem to be having a weird graphics issue where my AA disappears into a blurry mess, but not all of the time- usually when just running around it looks fine but in combat or town it goes to poo poo. Anyone else had this problem?

Sounds like the dynamic resolution scaling