Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

The Bananana posted:

The science man episode they did on GB2016... was it sexist or misogynistic? That segment, I mean. Not the movie.

It was cool and good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I thought so too, but my gf got mad and turned it off like 10 miknutes in. :/

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i cant do it, i tried going there once for the star wars thread

Do it. Go there. We need more prequel hatas

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

The Bananana posted:

The science man episode they did on GB2016... was it sexist or misogynistic? That segment, I mean. Not the movie.

I thought they did a great job laying out how Sony was amplifying the voices of a minor few internet trolls and trying to treat it like there was a massive backlash, when most people just didn't care at all.

I'm not saying there weren't sexist responses to the concept of an all-female Ghostbusters, but most sane people were just going "Eh, it looks bad, but not cause it's lady Ghostbusters."

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

i am not even joking.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

WampaLord posted:

I thought they did a great job laying out how Sony was amplifying the voices of a minor few internet trolls and trying to treat it like there was a massive backlash, when most people just didn't care at all.

I'm not saying there weren't sexist responses to the concept of an all-female Ghostbusters, but most sane people were just going "Eh, it looks bad, but not cause it's lady Ghostbusters."

THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT TOO

I even just rewatched the bit to make sure I hadn't missed anything.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The trailer hate had more to do with it being one of the worst trailers ever than it had to do with women

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i cant do it, i tried going there once for the star wars thread and and got shouted at for thinking https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3u70WELSEg this was poo poo. apparently my non film school brain didnt understand the greatness of this.

Holy poo poo I completely forgot they added that to the blu ray hahahahahahaha

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i am not even joking.

I know, that's why I'm loling.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The Blu Ray also made obi Wan scream like a lunatic to scare off the sand people

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Arcsquad12 posted:

The trailer hate had more to do with it being one of the worst trailers ever than it had to do with women

If you can say nothing else about the trailer, it represented the final product perfectly.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

"I feel like when people watched Vader look back and forth, to the emporer... to Luke.... to the emporer ... then to Luke, and throw the emporer into the core, it sends a really mixed message about what he was feeling in that moment.

Now what... could he say... to signify that he doesn't like what's happening?" *Winnie the Pooh think-think-think motion*

It 'rhymes' with him saying it at the end of Episode 3 like 'cat' rhymes with 'cat'.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Jay looks straight out of Daria.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

a bone to pick posted:

I'm watching The Founder right now and it's hard to not see it as a 2 hour mcdonald's commercial, I'm probably going to get a mcdouble after this.

I had a thing for milkshakes (not necessarily from McD's) for a week or two after watching it.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Gildiss posted:

I know, that's why I'm loling.

i know. its why i go on the bookbarn/gbs star wars threads.

OctoberCountry posted:

Holy poo poo I completely forgot they added that to the blu ray hahahahahahaha

yeah. i dont understand how why they added it.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Aug 11, 2017

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Watched Doctor Strange in Netflix. The visuals were cool but it was kinda boring. Not terrible but just kinda boring. I'm not familiar with the comic other than what i've read online about it, but i felt like with the sort of subject matter this movie was dealing with (the occult, the paranormal, secret societies, godlike entities, cults, cults using ritualistic magic to summon said godlike entities, etc), this could have and should have been a lot more fun and exciting. But it's just kinda of blah.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Blue Star posted:

Watched Doctor Strange in Netflix. The visuals were cool but it was kinda boring. Not terrible but just kinda boring. I'm not familiar with the comic other than what i've read online about it, but i felt like with the sort of subject matter this movie was dealing with (the occult, the paranormal, secret societies, godlike entities, cults, cults using ritualistic magic to summon said godlike entities, etc), this could have and should have been a lot more fun and exciting. But it's just kinda of blah.

I like how he defeats the reality-eating space demon at the end by trapping himself in a time loop where he keeps getting killed again and again but the rest of the movie was pretty boring yeah

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

WampaLord posted:

I loathe him with the same intensity that I feel towards cockroaches.

Lest we forget...

Is this real

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Kinda sad that a well(ish) known goon got owned by scrub tier RLMer

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

priznat posted:

Kinda sad that a well(ish) known goon got owned by scrub tier RLMer

For me, I'm glad that he was owned

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

WampaLord posted:

Since the Plinkett review came out, the people I saw fall for this have been very loudly and desperately pretending that they never fell for it and that they were ambiguous about the movie all along.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

No Mods No Masters posted:

For me, I'm glad that he was owned

I don't actually know the saga but agreed. It was more in a mocking way to "goon celebs"

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax

It absolutely is, I just don't have the link handy.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

I tried to find it too, and couldn't. I tried so hard.

vvv was looking for Force Unleashed. Dang.

Captain Lavender fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Aug 11, 2017

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71RJJ0umdjQ&t=3847s

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up
drat, you sniped me. I was just about to post the link.

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

:)

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
god just burn CD down to the ground

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Command Ant posted:

Since the Plinkett review came out, the people I saw fall for this have been very loudly and desperately pretending that they never fell for it and that they were ambiguous about the movie all along.

I like all the people relying on the old "comedy is subjective" argument while circlejerking about how unfunny Plinkett is.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
For people who say CD is terrible, you guys sure seem to have detailed knowledge about CD posts and posters. Have you considered just not going there?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

bloom posted:

For people who say CD is terrible, you guys sure seem to have detailed knowledge about CD posts and posters. Have you considered just not going there?

I only see that which pops up in here. Nice try though.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

bloom posted:

a lot of us are big movie nerds so we'd naturally go there. sometimes a thread will be cruising along fine with good discussion then smg comes in and lays a giant turd andw hen you call him out his dumb sycophants talk about how you're just some troglodyte who can only judge "movie bad" or "movie good". the get out thread is a great example of it and man his misreading of the film was especially bad even for him.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.

Arcsquad12 posted:

If nothing else, most people thought the gender swap was the smartest thing a cynical cash grab reboot could do to possibly divorce itself from having to be the exact same movie. Then they just made the exact same movie, only starring women, except that instead of good jokes they filmed apparently 5-10 hours of improv per scene and cut a "best of" series for each scene.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Monkey Fracas posted:

I like how he defeats the reality-eating space demon at the end by trapping himself in a time loop where he keeps getting killed again and again but the rest of the movie was pretty boring yeah

That and the climactic battle is good so only 10% at most.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

bloom posted:

I don't. I haven't browsed CineD in years. There's a reason for that.

I think the only people left who regularly post in CD are people like SMG and MisterBibs who love jerking off into their own mouths and pretending they're visionary geniuses.

It's... a really, really weird place with opinions from a bizarro universe and on rare occasions when CD actually interacts with the outside world beyond their bubble, people are just like "what in the gently caress are you smoking" like the time when Jack from RLM pooped on MisterBibs

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

One might call it a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Jose Oquendo posted:

Y'all should hop over to the GB2016 thread in CD. The salt flows freely over the Plinkett review.

why do those fools like bad things so much?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Half of them are trolls and gimmicks and the others are too dumb to realize they're listening to trolls and gimmicks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

To be fair, the Spiderman: Homecoming thread was mostly sane, and then SMG had to try to poo poo it up with his hot takes having not even seen the movie.

• Locked thread