Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Am A Robot
Jul 1, 2006
I'm really happy about this donut poo poo. It makes it much easier to know who to target when the purge comes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

I Am A Robot posted:

I'm really happy about this donut poo poo. It makes it much easier to know who to target when the purge comes.

there will never be a purge, in fact a purge is literally impossible in an open party system

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Rand alPaul posted:

There's only one party, the Big Business Party, and two factions wage a continuous war within it.

the rich own us, and the rest is mere parliamentarian squabbling?

no!
:pusheen:

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Ranked voting
Proportional representation
Have each president a guarantee Supreme Court nominee every four years

These things are a must.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 215 days!

Probably Magic posted:

I've got bad news.

We're there.

I mean, the DNC were being compared to the Whigs back in 2004, and now look where we are.

our only hope is that they aren't able to agree on the details of their constitutional amendments come 2018 isn't it? :negative:

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 215 days!

Concerned Citizen posted:

there will never be a purge, in fact a purge is literally impossible in an open party system

i think they meant like those horror movies

that seems like a thing the gop would do

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTLtFDkyryI

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/pluralistberry/status/895862065402957824

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

who wasted 10bux on buying this avatar

Shear Modulus has issued a correction as of 08:15 on Aug 11, 2017

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shear Modulus posted:

who bought me this avatar

squizzle was handing out av's earlier

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

freckle posted:

squizzle was handing out av's earlier

the IK we needed but don't deserve

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

punk rebel ecks posted:

So I'm reading about Donutgate on Neogaf and the first thing people bring up is how Nina Turner was acting threatening by bring a crowd of 60 people to the DNC building.

neogaf is bad dem central

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
what's the politics of gamefaqs.com

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Isn't neogaf a video game forum

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I get my hot political takes from model train fanatic forums

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

gradenko_2000 posted:

theyre gamers4hillary

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Shinjobi posted:

I get my hot political takes from model train fanatic forums

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

gradenko_2000 posted:

It used to be one where actual developers and prominent leakers would often post.

Then at some point they got really into Bad Dems and started banning people on an industrial scale, last I heard they're in a membership death spiral.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Inescapable Duck posted:

It used to be one where actual developers and prominent leakers would often post.

Then at some point they got really into Bad Dems and started banning people on an industrial scale, last I heard they're in a membership death spiral.

way too like S.A.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

SamEagle posted:

I see the DNC doing everything they can to unite the party and Nina Turner doing the opposite

from that DailyKos page. It just reminded me of

Generic GOP politician posted:

I see Trump doing everything he can to unite the country and Democrats doing the opposite

The people spouting platitudes about unity are almost always the people with power.

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
the dsa is a mess

im a democrat again

im a drone in the #khive

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
i've fallen into a #khole

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

why can't the dems be fascist and favor laws which personally benefit me?- succ zoners

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Never mind the blood on your hands
Never mind all the silent cries
Although your hands are rather small
You have all the sad endings

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Hodgepodge posted:

i'm beginning to wonder what value the democratic party brings to leftists

no really lay it on me, some of you are involved and know why it's worth dealing with them
- People already vote for the Democrats and the party has historical achievements
- There are already a bevy of unsuccessful small left wing parties fighting over each other's 1% of the vote share table scraps

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

tower time posted:

why can't the dems be fascist and favor laws which personally benefit me?- succ zoners

pulled from a trumpthread brokebrain

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

trumpthread is pretty much just another excuse for bad dem posters to never engage in self-reflection

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

tower time posted:

pulled from a trumpthread brokebrain

why did you feel the need to drag a shitpost from nearly a hundred pages back into this thread?

just quote them and call them an idiot in that thread.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Frijolero posted:

So I need help understanding the lastest outrage by Dems against Trump:

Putin, due to sanctions the Dems voted for, downsized our embassy staff. Dems are now outraged that Trump is not mad about it, even though they've been harping about how Russia is our enemy :psyduck:

They hate anything he does other than bombing poo poo. They love that

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

i'm back after a week of probation, and wow are centrists racist

https://twitter.com/NomikiKonst/status/895852581389352960/photo/1

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

seeing centrists whipping out "you're racist cause you don't like kamala harris!!" followed by actual racism towards nina turner and transphobia towards chelsea manning has really shown centrists as the false allies to social justice they always were

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

the only reason I even recognize Jason Kander's name is because he got mentioned in a recent piece about all the fresh new Dems rising rapidly through the ranks who all happen to be young-ish white men with deeply moderate views and a cultivated inoffensiveness that borders on blandness

McAuliffe is, what, governor of Virginia or something?

i thought Cuomo was a Republican

still don't know who the fourth guy is

Dirk Pitt posted:

Do centrist Democrats realize that they are being complete and total assholes on a level above the alt-left with this donut and water twitter bullshit?

they feel that their side is absolutely right and justified in everything, and that the left are the ones who are being complete and total assholes by spitefully rejecting their generous offer of goodwill donuts

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Maybe
You'll think of me,
when you are all alone
Maybe the one who is waiting for you
Will prove untrue -
Then what will you do?
Maybe, you'll sit and sigh
Wishing that I were near
Then, maybe you'll ask me to come back again
And maybe
I'll say, "maybe."

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

Condiv posted:

seeing centrists whipping out "you're racist cause you don't like kamala harris!!" followed by actual racism towards nina turner and transphobia towards chelsea manning has really shown centrists as the false allies to social justice they always were

Something I've picked up on recently (probably from listening to Champagne Sharks) is how the centrist mind views racism and other types of bigotry. In the diseased centrist brain, racism isn't a social construct in which racial and ethnic groups are marginalized and discriminated against, but a function of intelligence.

People are racist because they are stupid and have bad opinions.
I'm not racist because I am smart and have good opinions.

Everyone that disagrees with me has bad opinions and is therefore stupid and is therefore racist. Also, because I have good opinions and am therefore smart, nothing I ever say or do could ever be considered racist. They could literally start calling Nina Turner [N-word] Nina and be shocked, appalled, and angry that you could even suggest that they were in any way racist.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

trumpthread is pretty much just another excuse for bad dem posters to never engage in self-reflection

I clicked on the Trump thread to see what this is about and it is really weird how it turned from a place that made jokes about Trump into mirror universe Freep being hysterical about Obama circa 2010.

Oh well to each his own I suppose

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I clicked on the Trump thread to see what this is about and it is really weird how it turned from a place that made jokes about Trump into mirror universe Freep being hysterical about Obama circa 2010.

Oh well to each his own I suppose

i literally got told i didnt "get mine" because i believed in medicare for all and that dems have a role to play in the horrible situation we're in even though i am in a perfectly stable financial situation and dont want anyone to go through medical bankruptcy like my family once did.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

i'm just not interested in investing into anti-trumpism

why would i be? the last president that i fell into that with (GWB), the dems didn't really hate him or what he did at all!

in fact they love him now and hug him...

not really looking forward to trump being rehabilitated in 2024

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Condiv posted:

why would i be? the last president that i fell into that with (GWB), the dems didn't really hate him or what he did at all!

billboards with Trump's face, "MISS ME YET?"

the current president is Steve Harvey

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Scent of Worf posted:

theyre gamers4hillary
Ironic because Hillary hates video games!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Condiv posted:

Alternative: the country elects a competent fascist who actually succeeds in stripping away healthcare, voting rights and social safety nets. But he doesn't tweet about it or get us on the brink of nuclear war and democrats are willing to work with him because "well at least he's not as bad as Donald Trump!"

• Locked thread