Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Condiv posted:

b** h** e***** always read like "if only leftists had voted harder for her, but her emails!" to me

not sure what the non-centrist reading of it is supposed to be

please stop posting those words, its for your own safety

i can see you mutating into a centrist as you post, merely by uttering them

take some iron supplements and maybe lie down for a few days until it all blows over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

Condiv posted:

but her emails always read like "if only leftists had voted harder for her, but her emails!" to me

Centrist CornCobs 2020: Butter Skills, Butter Wages, Butter Emails

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

MizPiz posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't manbuns pretty popular or at least trendy two or three years ago? I'm putting together a theory that this might stem from bad breakups with guys who happened to support Bernie.

The one guy I actually know in person who had a manbun a couple years ago was in fact pretty intensely condescending but I don't know whether he even voted in the primary

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

loquacius posted:

man

I should actually make a corncob pipe and smoke weed out of it

bucket list

roll a joint with the cornhusk to smoke while you busy makin yer pipe

:350:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

roll a joint with the cornhusk to smoke while you busy makin yer pipe

:350:

also: to smoke while I eat the corn off of the cob

hell yeah corn night

be all "this one's for jen kirkman"

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
Tired: But her emails
Wired: But her email server setup and security.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

mormonpartyboat posted:

please stop posting those words, its for your own safety

i can see you mutating into a centrist as you post, merely by uttering them

take some iron supplements and maybe lie down for a few days until it all blows over

i wish i were centrist. then we'd have medicare for all and free college and labor protections and more...

unfortunately i'm leftist

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
the mcelroy brothers should do a hairstyling podcast called mbmanbun

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Condiv posted:

but her emails always read like "if only leftists had voted harder for her, but her emails!" to me

you really can't parse it can you :staredog:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

My take is that Hillary's email setup was in fact bad, but not worth tanking an entire election over, but it makes less sense to blame The American Voter for that than it does to blame her campaign team who fumbled the poo poo out of it

They should have taken a hint from Donny and had her go on a stage to say "yes I did some weird email poo poo, who the gently caress cares GOD you fuckin nerds" and move on with her life

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

The Nastier Nate posted:

Me too. I come to the suck zone to laugh at bad dems. I go to the Trump thread to laugh about our impending demise. They aren't mutually exclusive by any means.

Same.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

mormonpartyboat posted:

the mcelroy brothers should do a hairstyling podcast called mbmanbun

I'm actually kind of surprised Travis doesn't have a manbun now that I think about it

he seems the type

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

loquacius posted:

also: to smoke while I eat the corn off of the cob

hell yeah corn night

be all "this one's for jen kirkman"

yeah, and keep the lace or tear some thin strips off the side of a husk to tie every half inch or so along the joint to keep it together. takes longer than glue but its nice cuz you can smoke a whole fukken joint that you growed in the garden

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

the trump thread is a very serious place what is this slander

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

loquacius posted:

My take is that Hillary's email setup was in fact bad, but not worth tanking an entire election over, but it makes less sense to blame The American Voter for that than it does to blame her campaign team who fumbled the poo poo out of it

They should have taken a hint from Donny and had her go on a stage to say "yes I did some weird email poo poo, who the gently caress cares GOD you fuckin nerds" and move on with her life

ya like it was said 1000x times, i'd have more respect for her if she owned her poo poo and i think she sincerely would've captured some votes that way but i love my secretive contemptuous abuela that doesnt make her look shady or implicated whatsoever

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Squizzle posted:

zergman if you were a protoform and yr stasis pod landed on namek what lifeform would you want it to scan for you

uh ginyu toad duh

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Lastgirl posted:

:sigh: do you honestly think i'm calling you centrist?

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

gently caress yes if Hillary owned up on even one of her colossal fuckups I would gain so much respect for her

Instead she has so much blame for everyone but herself that she filled a whole goddamn book

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

You can charge a kamehameha, you hack.

not with assistance, outside the movies, which are bullshit.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Condiv posted:

i would be insulted if you didnt :o:

you first, then i go okay?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

zegermans posted:

not with assistance, outside the movies, which are bullshit.

goku helped gohan charge up his kamehameha to blow up cell

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Condiv posted:

sometimes phrases n words can have diff meanings to diff ppl hosed up

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Turdfuzz posted:

the trump thread is a very serious place what is this slander

stfu harambe!

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Lastgirl posted:

hahaha hahahaahahahah youre so right hon

omg im so glad i got sucked into this zone this a.m. eternal lol of the smooth mind

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Turdfuzz posted:

yeah that's what i was saying with my posts :prepop:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Lastgirl posted:

ya like it was said 1000x times, i'd have more respect for her if she owned her poo poo and i think she sincerely would've captured some votes that way but i love my secretive contemptuous abuela that doesnt make her look shady or implicated whatsoever

The 2016-era Hilltwitter take on how HRC would overcome a GOP-run Congress is that she would yell at them and hit them and make them like it (obvious projection of personal sexual issues, anyone???) and if she started by telling everyone straight-up to shut up about the email poo poo because it was inconsequential bullshit, that would have done a lot to actually advance that narrative

but that would require taking even the slightest modicum of personal responsibility for something so nope dodge dodge dodge

as it is all I can tell about how she'd handle Congress from her campaign is that she'd get a bill pitched, say it's gonna pass, then disappear into a Suburban for a week when it doesn't

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

its true tho i read the trump thread n now i support bad dems cuz we just gotta beat trump u guys ive decided to betray all my values cuz of the trump thread

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Turdfuzz posted:

its almost like its impossible for a word to have the same meaning for two people

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Turdfuzz posted:

its true tho i read the trump thread n now i support bad dems cuz we just gotta beat trump u guys ive decided to betray all my values cuz of the trump thread

youre betreaying your values because you are undead, thou foul beast!

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Condiv posted:

no acutally u need better words
if u read the trump thread then u would know some good words
the best words

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
as funny as trump was during the election, nothing was funnier than hillary not bothering to thank the supporters who were shocked and crying in the hand picked glass prison manifestation of a perfect metaphor

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The problem with something like the Trump thread is that it encourages people to constantly reflexively react to every outrageous and iditiotic event that spews forth from the Trump admin every morning, noon, and night. One falls into a recursive reactionary loop where the Trump administration becomes a point of obsessive hatred, until you start to believe that the Trump admin must be deposed by any means available - even if it means electing bad centrist Democrats who laid the groundwork for the Trump administration in the first place. Their locus of thought is placed squarely on the oval office, until all notions of ideology and progress are completely subsumed by a narrow minded opposition defined solely by a context established by Trump.

https://twitter.com/papapishu/status/746803108949409793

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Turdfuzz posted:

no acutally u need better words
if u read the trump thread then u would know some good words
the best words

i don't have the free time to devote to reading the trump thread :(. i dunno how you guys keep up with it either. it moves so fast you'd have to be reading p much non-stop to keep up

i step away from the trump thread for 30 minutes and there's 300 new posts. i read those and there's another 300 :psyduck:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Condiv posted:

have you maybe considered that words and labels are arbitrary and the more brain power you assign to labeling people, the less time you have to solve things (hint, thats what donutgate is)

i take the perceived power and association out of the word if i mock it, its just that simple bing fucken bong

mormonpartyboat posted:

as funny as trump was during the election, nothing was funnier than hillary not bothering to thank the supporters who were shocked and crying in the hand picked glass prison manifestation of a perfect metaphor

shes an ice cold bitch, diamond tears et. al

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/leyawn/status/895745539949473793

https://twitter.com/leyawn/status/895748148123095040

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The problem with something like the Trump thread is that it encourages people to constantly reflexively react to every outrageous and iditiotic event that spews forth from the Trump admin every morning, noon, and night. One falls into a recursive reactionary loop where the Trump administration becomes a point of obsessive hatred, until you start to believe that the Trump admin must be deposed by any means available - even if it means electing bad centrist Democrats who laid the groundwork for the Trump administration in the first place. Their locus of thought is placed squarely on the oval office, until all notions of ideology and progress are completely subsumed by a narrow minded opposition defined solely by a context established by Trump.

do you even read the trump thread??

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Condiv posted:

i don't have the free time to devote to reading the trump thread :(. i dunno how you guys keep up with it either. it moves so fast you'd have to be reading p much non-stop to keep up

i step away from the trump thread for 30 minutes and there's 300 new posts. i read those and there's another 300 :psyduck:

look at this noob readin posts hahahahahahaha

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Condiv posted:

the trick is to not actually read it

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Condiv posted:

goku helped gohan charge up his kamehameha to blow up cell

he was providing moral support in spirit, I don't think they ever established that he physically helped him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
*puts a corncob through a donut*

• Locked thread