Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Kick Bio out, get Aphro and I'm a TSM fan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

In other news, P1 now has the distinction of being the one team too bad to pull off sivir/kled/taric/maokai

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Wuxi posted:

In other news, P1 now has the distinction of being the one team too bad to pull off sivir/kled/taric/maokai

I love how cartoony this game is. I flipped to the Twitch tab, saw P1 getting demolished near Baron, flipped away for like 15 seconds, flipped back and saw FlyQuest making a break for the hills as P1 is chasing them down.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Janna: a champion even LemonNation can't gently caress up.

I feel bad for P1. I really do think they had some potential, especially nearing the end of the split, but the meta shift hosed over MikeYeung badly, Ryu kept getting cold feet (and I honestly wonder if he's going to retire after this split), and they just seemed to be unable to fully gel together as a team in terms of shotcalling at the end of the day. I hope either P1's management makes some needed changes or a better team picks up MikeYeung and gives him the support he needs to be able to play around the changing meta well.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Aug 7, 2017

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Schnorkles posted:

A real AD carry like Rekless would have at least 2.

the fact of the matter is, rekless is a subpar ad carry at best and the only reason he performs well is that he has a gun and EU teams including his teammate are afraid of him

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Wuxi posted:

Kick Bio out, get Aphro and I'm a TSM fan

no joke this would make TSM legitimately excellent

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
It's a coupe days away, but Marin promised to destroy SKT and Faker and it's the first match of playoffs. If he doesn't succeed then Peanut has to defeat every single other teammate he had in ROX Tigers starting with Kuro which is a really cool narrative in Korea.

I'm really hoping for Samsung/KT Rolster/Longzhu for worlds though and it still feels weird that if Samsung wins World's they'll be getting a second set of skins because they have gently caress-all to do with the Samsung organization that dominated with two teams in Season 4.

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

RealFoxy posted:

It's a coupe days away, but Marin promised to destroy SKT and Faker and it's the first match of playoffs. If he doesn't succeed then Peanut has to defeat every single other teammate he had in ROX Tigers starting with Kuro which is a really cool narrative in Korea.

Didn't someone make that up?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
TSM is only for good players and they've committed to their charity slot being jungler. No room for average players like aphro.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Love watching late night streams where else are you going to see world class lane matchups like someday v goldenglue

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

your friend a dog posted:

Didn't someone make that up?
No Marin actually said that. The rumor was that he was threatening to make some kind of superteam to destroy KT if they didn't sign Smeb or something

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

so what was he going to do, make smeb play on a korean super team to destroy them both

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

so what was he going to do, make smeb play on a korean super team to destroy them both
They were all fake rumors so idk maybe the idea was he wanted his friend to be signed to a good team :v:

The rumors got so much traction they even did a skit on it on the OGN channel where MaRin was plotting the demise of several teams

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

RealFoxy posted:

No Marin actually said that. The rumor was that he was threatening to make some kind of superteam to destroy KT if they didn't sign Smeb or something

wheres the link!! i want to read

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

China and Europe still have the rest of their regular seasons to go, but I've made write-ups of every single major region with the playoff teams for the new thread except China, which is still kind of hard to call right now with so many games left.

The new thread is pretty much done and ready for playoffs.

Out of every team attending playoffs Splyce was the hardest to write for because they're the most boring team in the most boring year Europe has ever had

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Aug 9, 2017

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
can the next thread be rekkles themed and also have dreamy pictures of rekkles

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

RealFoxy posted:

China and Europe still have the rest of their regular seasons to go, but I've made write-ups of every single major region with the playoff teams for the new thread except China, which is still kind of hard to call right now with so many games left.

The new thread is pretty much done and ready for playoffs.

Out of every team attending playoffs Splyce was the hardest to write for because they're the most boring team in the most boring year Europe has ever had

Splyce are weird, I enjoy watching their games and they do fun the fun non-meta stuff when there's nothing left to play for but I couldn't name a single Splyce player right now. This split has been super predictable for Europe though, I feel like you could've called the playoff teams at the start of Spring.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

lpl has been loving awesome lately because there have been a lot of new adcs and they've mostly been really good. altho iboy isn't as good as he looked since he got to pop off on ardent censer kog'maw in his first game ever. he's still way loving better than zet. supposedly iboy has been in the org since he was 14, but i am pretty sure he's actually 14 and been in the org since he was 11.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
i was always a big supporter of squid's posting until i googled lpl and found out he has actually just been making all these team / player names up the whole time

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

theres a guy on DAN named quiqui, which is pronounced choo-choo. they also have previous omg jungler / rabidsquid favorite fishball

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

The South Changdang Sand Fighting Masters? And their star player is named "Bigboi777777777777"? Hmmm.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013

rabidsquid posted:

theres a guy on DAN named quiqui, which is pronounced choo-choo.

qiuqiu, surely. Time to learn pinyin, squid :china:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i think we should focus on me learning to spell things one language at a time. but yes you are right

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Another Breakdown vid from Zirene highlighting the final big TSM vs. CLG fight in game 2. I hadn't actually realized how ridiculously close that fight was. Really interesting watch.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
Fanatic is so bad lol that Soaz tp

What a huge throw

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
NiP 2-0ing Fnatic lmao

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the entirety of europe outside the top three teams has the blue shell

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

curiousCat posted:

NiP 2-0ing Fnatic lmao

Remember when Europe went 4-2 against loving Phoenix1?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

against the team most likely to get relegated in NA because all of their players are miserable? yes, i remember that

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
i cba

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Vermain posted:

Another Breakdown vid from Zirene highlighting the final big TSM vs. CLG fight in game 2. I hadn't actually realized how ridiculously close that fight was. Really interesting watch.

Stuff like this kinda gives me hope for NA. The macro game still isn't up to snuff, but seeing how both sides play the teamfight so well that anyone could've won until the very very end is really uplifting. Maybe NA is improving after all.

(Still gonna get destroyed at Worlds tho, rip)

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Transient People posted:

Stuff like this kinda gives me hope for NA. The macro game still isn't up to snuff, but seeing how both sides play the teamfight so well that anyone could've won until the very very end is really uplifting. Maybe NA is improving after all.

(Still gonna get destroyed at Worlds tho, rip)

If you can learn one lesson from Albus Nox Luna vs Rox Tigers, it's that sufficiently good macro can win you the game even if you can't win teamfights when you're ahead.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

rabidsquid posted:

the entirety of europe outside the top three teams has the blue shell

Rabid what LPL teams should i watch games from, I've barely been following it at all this season.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Sexpansion posted:

Rabid what LPL teams should i watch games from, I've barely been following it at all this season.

TSM

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
Husky Lad Gaming
Frog Team
The Chengdu Cum Corps

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Lovechop posted:

The Chengdu Cum Corps

I mean league, not dota

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Sexpansion posted:

Good Fighters Game Squad

The Lads Of Game

Thousand Dollars Fries

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

TDF is particular aren't that good really but their top laner, Pigdancer, is really good.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
cry 'noob', and let slip the lads of game,,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Work Friend Keven posted:

TDF is particular aren't that good really but their top laner, Pigdancer, is really good.

TDF is no match for Talk N Text Ka Tropa

Also someone PM'd me that there's a new thread cooking up so let me know when that happens and I can lock this one.

I tried to watch a few matches of League lately but it seems like everyone has become so bored of the game that Longzhu is now the best team just out of sheer attrition. Sad!

• Locked thread