Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Don't worry. I'm sure he'll land a nice job at MSNBC at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Every one of these "1st Amendment means I should get fired" crybabies is probably down with the Anti-BDS stuff which actually IS a first amendment violation.

readingatwork posted:

Don't worry. I'm sure he'll land a nice job at MSNBC at some point.

He can have a spot on Morning Joe's show so they can talk about how Millennials, despite being a generation fighting in a war for most of their lives are huge babies unlike them that want to play xbox instead of die in a foreign country.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Aug 11, 2017

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

hiddenriverninja posted:

Why doesn't Fox News realize their responsibility to humanity and look Trump in the eye through his television and tell him "don't do it"

Or at least take baby steps and tell Donnie "yo cap this mofo."

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

hiddenriverninja posted:

Why doesn't Fox News realize their responsibility to humanity and look Trump in the eye through his television and tell him "don't do it"

Because they're literally a propaganda outlet

Randbrick
Sep 28, 2002
It's weird because getting into public slap fights, calling people nazis, and throwing around nazi buzzwords and catchphrases has always been a huge winning play for me, really all throughout my career.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

I think that they, like google, realized that they weren't getting much for having this schmuck on the payroll, and if he's going to publicly post Nazi poo poo, he can gently caress right off.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Radish posted:

Every one of these "1st Amendment means I should get fired" crybabies is probably down with the Anti-BDS stuff which actually IS a first amendment violation.

I had some friends in high school who hung out together and called themselves BDS. It stood for "Big Dick Squad."

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Chilichimp posted:

I think that they, like google, realized that they weren't getting much for having this schmuck on the payroll, and if he's going to publicly post Nazi poo poo, he can gently caress right off.

Frankly I bet they were waiting for something like this so they could fire him and have the thinnest excuse. There's no way he was a net gain to them, especially with every MAGA screaming that CNN is fake news when they link to a Trump tweet.

Casey Finnigan posted:

I had some friends in high school who hung out together and called themselves BDS. It stood for "Big Dick Squad."

No one should be anti Big Dick Squad.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Strongly considering moving to Guam right now to take advantage of the explosive drop in real estate prices.

Do it. They're about to have a housing boom. Profit!

BigBallChunkyTime fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Aug 11, 2017

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Strongly considering moving to Guam right now to take advantage of the explosive drop in real estate prices.

Buncha the pacific islands territories non natives can only buy long term leases. I know Saipan is that way, not sure about Guam.

Edible Hat
Jul 23, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It is kind of weird that the so-called leftists here are saying management should be able to fire an employee at will for speaking out of line. The left should be arguing that this is why the workforce should be unionized, not supporting owners of capital. (Of course, the sexist Google dork should be ostracized, but I am still uneasy about the distribution of power in this case.)

Randbrick
Sep 28, 2002
Really if you are a public facing white collar worker and you're not running around on public media calling people nazis and reciting nazi phrases, you are probably leaving at lease a solid third of your earning potential on the table.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Which is all sorts of funny bc shitlords (no pun intended) like him are always the first to argue that the 1st amendment does not mean freedom from consequences and always stick up for the employer.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I think that the far right and Fox media outlet narrative will change to " really nukes are just real big bombs and look at Nagasaki and Hiroshima people visit them so not that bad "

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Edible Hat posted:

It is kind of weird that the so-called leftists here are saying management should be able to fire an employee at will for speaking out of line. The left should be arguing that this is why the workforce should be unionized, not supporting owners of capital. (Of course, the sexist Google dork should be ostracized, but I am still uneasy about the distribution of power in this case.)

lol

"So much for the tolerant left, who won't defend an employee against managers just because he was creating an overtly hostile work environment!"

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Stupid fucker doesn't even know that the 1st Amendment doesn't apply to hack journalists being fired for being dipshits.

Randbrick
Sep 28, 2002
In the back pocket of any successful up and coming man or lady about town, you'll find the resume for the job the want after this one, and a confusing, historically ignorant and highly attenuated argument to make using the phrasing of nazi germany.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

A true leftist would defend professors who have sex with their students, because otherwise, you're sticking up for the bougie decanal management!

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

Edible Hat posted:

Nah, a unionized workforce might have had more process to go through but he still should've been fired for creating, as this former Google employee said, a "textbook hostile workplace environment." Characterizing it as just "speaking out of line" is incorrect and missing the larger point of the matter.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

CNN should reply back with 'If you think this is a first amendment thing, then you wont mind us saying we think you are a pedophile'.
Or some poo poo to call him out.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
as a staunch and committed leftist, i support the working man's right to free thought and expression in cases such as hanging nooses in the african american employee's locker and commenting on the HR manager's "fat titties"

Edible Hat
Jul 23, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bicyclops posted:

lol

"So much for the tolerant left, who won't defend an employee against managers just because he was creating an overtly hostile work environment!"

You don't have to defend the misogynist piece of poo poo to say that management has too much power over employees. If I had to pick a side here, I would definitely pick Google's, but I am not going to be happy about it.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Edible Hat posted:

You don't have to defend the misogynist piece of poo poo to say that management has too much power over employees. If I had to pick a side here, I would definitely pick Google's, but I am not going to be happy about it.

*sharpies racial slurs on the bathroom walls* thank god i have an ombudsman

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Edible Hat posted:

Management anywhere should absolutely have the right to terminate anyone who creates a hostile work environment.in 99%of cases I'm on the side of the employee, but this is not one of them.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Reminder.

Zodiac Killer asked "Does Sand glow?" as he winkwink nudgenudge w/r/t to hypothetical usage of nukes in the middle east.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

All these guys look like the evil senator from xmen.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Management has too much power over employees, sure, but that's true all of time, and it's real loving weird to bring it up at a time when management absolutely made the right decision.

I'm in a pretty drat good union, but if they even started to defend someone like this guy, I'd write in complaints about how my dues were being spent.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Pretty sure sand does glow after a nuclear strike as it's turned into glass particles

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Trinitite, specifically

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Hollismason posted:

Pretty sure sand does glow after a nuclear strike as it's turned into glass particles

Okay, but what Leonard Cohen lyrics would work best to pair with the visual?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

business hammocks posted:

https://twitter.com/dave_thomason/status/776490382746013700

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I believe it's a green substance and it was used very briefly in a ornamental way

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Bicyclops posted:

Okay, but what Leonard Cohen lyrics would work best to pair with the visual?

Broken Hallelujah, obvs.

Edible Hat
Jul 23, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Your Taint posted:

Management anywhere should absolutely have the right to terminate anyone who creates a hostile work environment.in 99%of cases I'm on the side of the employee, but this is not one of them.

I agree that management should have that right, but any termination process should be adjudicated through union mediation. Like you said, 99% of the time such a union presence would benefit workers you support. That's a good trade, even if 1% of the time it slows down the firing of a scumbag like the Google nerd.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

happyhippy posted:

Starting a new meme!

WH official says @POTUS was being sarcastic when he....................

Watch Trump bomb North Korea "for a laugh".

Rotacixe
Oct 21, 2008
Peter Singer has weighed in on the issue. He at least used to have some left wing credentials. I haven't kept up on the latest purity rankings.

Why Google was wrong
http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/google-wrong-article-1.3399750?cid=bitly

quote:

Pichai also quotes Google’s Code of Conduct, which expects “each Googler to do their utmost to create a workplace culture that is free of harassment, intimidation, bias and unlawful discrimination.” Damore’s memo did not harass or intimidate anyone, and in a society that protects freedom of expression, there was nothing unlawful about it. Was it biased? To show that it was, it would need to be demonstrated that Damore was biased in selecting certain scientific studies that supported his view while disregarding others that went against it. Perhaps that case could — and should — be made, but to do so would take some time and research. In any case, Pichai does not attempt, in even the most cursory way, to make it.

Ironically, what Pichai has done, in firing Damore, is precisely contrary to the passage that he quotes. He has created a workplace culture in which those with opinions like Damore’s will be intimidated into remaining silent.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Relentlessboredomm posted:

I could quote from that Vanity Fair article all day but this bit is the loving rightwing in a nutshell:

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/07/department-of-energy-risks-michael-lewis

quote:

American politics was alien to the Indian immigrant; he couldn’t fathom the tribal warfare.

This is an amazing line on so many levels.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
At what point does Twitter have a moral responsibility to ban Trump's account in the interest of preventing nuclear war?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

business hammocks posted:

And FL governor Rick Scott is the tall skinny bald of evil character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/896069742817034241

• Locked thread