Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

It's a fact that I don't like thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Elephant Ambush posted:

That poo poo would be a lot more tolerable if people learned to stop stating their opinions as facts.

Just mentally append "I think" to the beginning of every statement because that poo poo would get tedious if people had to type it every time. I got really tired of grading papers where students feel the need to preface every statement of their thesis/core argument with "I think" or "in my opinion." It just doesn't add anything.

Assume what you read here is people sharing their opinions and occasionally arguing over whose opinion is correct. Actually just assume that about every argument you read.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
People want to take out all the fun out of posting. How fun would it be if we didn't make fun of each other's tastes and were just like "Well, I think this is good sir." "I have a disagreeing opinion and think this game is of a slightly lesser quality." Ho hum. Boring. It's the 2098th page about FF opinions. We need to spice it up a bit.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Sakurazuka posted:

I can't for the life of me figure out what people see in FF12 than an idle clicker wouldn't also serve
I've wanted a clicker/rpg hybrid and even got out PS2 normal FF12 not long before Zodiac Age was announced hoping it might scratch that itch. It didn't because it's so glacial. At 2x and 4x it's just a strangely satisfying automated RPG and absolutely better than the default speed.

It's kind of nuts how speed up makes it a better game.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Spice this up 🔫

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

zedprime posted:

It's kind of nuts how speed up makes it a better game.

More speed = better video game

why else do you think Sonic is so popular?

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Ventana posted:

More speed = better video game

why else do you think Sonic is so popular?

gotta go fast

but for reals, I really didn't like FF12 back in the day but now it has gotta go fast mode and I got hooked enough to go for the platinum lol

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I dunno how you could say 15 has no charm when Prompto is probably the most charming FF character ever. Him humming fanfare after you beat a set of monsters is the best.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

seiferguy posted:

I dunno how you could say 15 has no charm when Prompto is probably the most charming FF character ever. Him humming fanfare after you beat a set of monsters is the best.

Yeah Prompto is so charming that I want to feed him into a wood chipper

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I hated Prompto at first but he grew on me pretty quick. My wife loves him.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Never talk to Prompto or your wife's son ever again.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Hey, who's up for a bite.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Norns posted:

Hey, who's up for a bite.

:nws: Bonus :nws:

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

I want to ride my chocobo all day

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Gammatron 64 posted:

Yeah Prompto is so charming that I want to feed him into a wood chipper

I wonder what it's like to be you, having no joy whatsoever in my life

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

You know what gently caress you if you don't like Prompto. The characters are definitely not what's wrong with Final Fantasy 15.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Norns posted:

You know what gently caress you if you don't like Prompto. The characters are definitely not what's wrong with Final Fantasy 15.

Gladio is a dick though

gently caress him

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Prompto is my friend and I'm glad he successfully lost all that weight.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Andrast posted:

Gladio is a dick though

gently caress him
Gladiolus is the kind of guy who would beat the poo poo out of a man who only has one arm. What an rear end in a top hat!

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

TurnipFritter posted:

I want to ride my chocobo all day

let's goooooooooooo

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Andrast posted:

Gladio is a dick though

gently caress him

He doesn't start out that way though and he only starts being that way after poo poo hits the fan and it's his way of venting while also trying to protect and motivate Noctis.

I'd lose my patience too if the future king I was supposed to protect kept being distant and careless and my friend was missing and another friend just lost his eyesight trying to help me do my job.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Elephant Ambush posted:

He doesn't start out that way though and he only starts being that way after poo poo hits the fan and it's his way of venting while also trying to protect and motivate Noctis.

I'd lose my patience too if the future king I was supposed to protect kept being distant and careless and my friend was missing and another friend just lost his eyesight trying to help me do my job.

Nah, Gladio starts as a dick. He's pretty aggro the moment anything goes wrong which happens basically the second the city falls. Which is understandable to some degree but he's pretty consistent the dude pissing in Noctis's cornflakes any time Noctis is trying to deal with poo poo. Which is somewhat understandable when Noctis is being whiny but seems a lot less sympathetic when Noctis is dealing with the murder of the woman he loves and thinks maybe bringing a blind guy into a monster cave isn't the best idea.

He also is the dude who pisses off to have his own adventure midway through the plot while Ignis is constantly there despite going blind and Prompto leaves only when he gets literally kidnapped.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
"Just because you lost your wife and your parents and your kingdom and literally everyone and every place you've ever known can't you realize for a second that some people have it worse than you Noct???"

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
That's not what he was doing and you should know that. It's 2017 people, come on.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Sorry, I paraphrased.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
That's better. I forgive you Saint Freak, you filthy D.Va main.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Saint Freak posted:

Sorry, I paraphrased.

gladio is just a prole

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

The story is just super goofy after chapter 9. Like, do you remember Prompto being a magitek clone soldier? Probably not because he angsts about it in literally one scene and no one gives a gently caress and it isn't brought up again.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

ROFL Octopus posted:

The story is just super goofy after chapter 9. Like, do you remember Prompto being a magitek clone soldier? Probably not because he angsts about it in literally one scene and no one gives a gently caress and it isn't brought up again.
FWIW this is also what Episode Prompto is almost entirely about.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

ROFL Octopus posted:

Theyre bros, true bros can look past anything in someones past.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

To be fair I wouldn't wish being blind on my worst enemy.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Alxprit posted:

Never play a Paladin in FFXIV then. :colbert:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Alxprit posted:

Yeah, that lost accuracy on physical attacks can be terrible.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

seiferguy posted:

I wonder what it's like to be you, having no joy whatsoever in my life

he sucks bigtime

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Mega64 posted:

Yeah, that lost accuracy on physical attacks can be terrible.

When it's just physical attacks, that's a blessing. It only really sucks when it also affects magic.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Am I the only one who actually enjoyed cruising around in the car in XV?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ibblebibble posted:

Probably? I enjoyed the concept of the vehicle but functionally it only existed to drive me somewhere the very first time.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Ibblebibble posted:

I liked it too. I had fun just chilling and looking at the sights.

In general the whole road trip theme of the game really worked for me and reminded me a lot of stuff I did when I was young.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Dragonatrix posted:

When it's just physical attacks, that's a blessing. It only really sucks when it also affects magic.

Does any FF game have Blind affect magic, though? I think only Silence matters for magic, and for that it's all or nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Chilling in the car while Ignus drives was nice for like an hour, after which I just paid the 10 gp every time I could