Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Now for sale on http://www.officialmikepence.com/shop/ , the Shame Cube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fK1_hjviEl8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

coyo7e posted:

My mom had a field day collecting this stuff for a few years. It's pretty interesting stuff.

Wiklip[edia is really dumb on the subject though, and claims that you can only find like marble-sized pieces. You can find this stuff in pretty much any antique or second hand store if you know what you're looking for.

http://www.collectorsweekly.com/articles/these-people-love-to-collect-radioactive-glass/

Hell, I have a collection sitting here in the room. Beautiful stuff under a black light. Ebay is rife with it

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Lote posted:

I had the thought that Gorka or Bannon might have wanted to get rid of the program in order to encourage population growth. I dismissed it because Trump just hates Obama, but you never know.

They don't care about any social-conservatism issues, they just want to exterminate the mussulman hordes.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

enraged_camel posted:

Also, lol

"Fired for telling the truth"

:rolleyes:

Gotta love it when idiots double down on their idiocy.

Like, if this guy had come out and said "gosh, you know what, that manifesto was a really stupid idea, and after reading many responses i understand i was wrong and im sorry" then this whole thing would blow over.

Now though the guy is for all intents and purposes a walking, talking legal liability and no respectable company will touch him with a ten foot pole. His career in tech is probably done - although he may be launching into a new one as an alt-right icon.

he looks exactly how i pictured him.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Edible Hat posted:

You don't have to defend the misogynist piece of poo poo to say that management has too much power over employees. If I had to pick a side here, I would definitely pick Google's, but I am not going to be happy about it.

I used to work for SEIU. Bigots were drummed out and the union refused to represent them in a firing hearing.

The same applies to UAW shops. Call your supervisor a friend of the family and the UAW most def will not have your back.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Aramis posted:

I'm dying.

hehehehh

quote:

Mike Pence can play all of “Joker” by Steve Miller Band on guitar except the slide part after “Some people call me Maurice."

For the uninitiated-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgDU17xqNXo&t=12s

Bizarro Watt
May 30, 2010

My responsibility is to follow the Scriptures which call upon us to occupy the land until Jesus returns.

enraged_camel posted:

Also, lol

Like, if this guy had come out and said "gosh, you know what, that manifesto was a really stupid idea, and after reading many responses i understand i was wrong and im sorry" then this whole thing would blow over.

Now though the guy is for all intents and purposes a walking, talking legal liability and no respectable company will touch him with a ten foot pole. His career in tech is probably done - although he may be launching into a new one as an alt-right icon.

That guy's shirt is something else.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

TulliusCicero posted:

I know this is a dumb insult, but how small does your "ego" have to be that when a dude "roasts" you six years ago at a Press Dinner with a few jokes, you become so obsessed with getting even you become president, soley to repeal everything he did. What a small, petty, pathetic manchild.

Read his book, there's like an entire chapter dedicated to loving people over no matter how puny or old the event transpired

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Rotacixe posted:

For sure the document is coarse and not very nuanced. But as far as i can tell it doesn't egregiously conflict research on the issue. I don't think the memo warrants the incendiary reaction, that partly gives credence to his allegations that there is something wrong with the company culture. Maybe in polarized times such as these, people don't want to give even an inch to their "enemies", and think that even a tiny concession is a prelude to a rollback in gender relations.

Actually it's because he made himself so toxic that no one would willingly work with him and did it in such a way that he indicated he's not going to get better at his job. If you're too stupid not to know that publishing that memo is suicide then you're too stupid to stay, because you're going to publish something just as dumb some other time and cost your employer money. Like it, love it, or pretend to love it while you work to get it changed are the three accepted attitudes for anyone that doesn't have CXX in their title.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
If we're still talking about the dumb stuff in the google guy's piece, I feel like the fact that he argues that diversity hiring programs are a plot by authoritarian communist intellectuals who have shifted away from concerns about class warrants mention, independent of the biotruths nonsense.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

farraday posted:

It seems strange to stand up for workers rights of media personalities who make money off branding themselves and their opinions.

The strangest thing for me is the right-wingers, who usually suck at the dick of corporate America, getting so offended when corporate America fires some arsehole for creating a negative work environment. If the idiot was fired for saying "I believe all workers deserve dignity and respect and that was why they should unionize" these right-wing dipshits wouldn't blink an eye.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

haveblue posted:

They don't care about any social-conservatism issues, they just want to exterminate the mussulman hordes.

Yeah, and there's a dumb belief that the hordes are "outbreeding" the Western world so obviously the West needs to encourage policies that produce more children. It's eugenics.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

looooooooool at the "What I ate today" page, with all the pictures.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I've noticed that defenders have latched onto the fact some versions of criticisms of the memo either ignore or remove the studies, as if that has anything to do with what was said.

And going back to WW2 talk for a moment, there's this idea that life was pretty good in the US, that the war didn't effect daily life, or its quality. Which is complete poo poo. You couldn't get tons of stuff, there was food rationing, gas rationing. You couldn't get tire or car parts. Anything metal you didn't absolutely need was sent to help the war effort. The government didn't give a poo poo, it needed it to fight in Europe and the pacific. It probably happened multiple times, but there was one instance were a scrap dealer had a giant pile of scrap that he was going to sell for his retirement and the government forced him to sell below the asking price because god drat they needed it for the good of the country.

The idea this level of sacrifice would be acceptable to a majority of Americans would be unthinkable. Not being able to drive you car because you can't get new tires? They might as well tell you that you can only have 100 breaths a day.

Obviously a war with North Korea wouldn't require that level of sacrifice, but people do love to act like WW2 fixed the economy and everything was great instantly. Most of that didn't happen until after V-E, but didn't really kick of until the end of the war.

Something else I wondered, personal gun ownership in ww2. I know that certain people (Germans, Italians, Japanese) were straight up banned from owning guns, but I have to imagine that bullets and guns were in short supply on the civilian market. Imagine a modern war causing gun nuts to freak out because they cannot stockpile ammo "just in case".

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Bizarro Watt posted:

That guy's shirt is something else.

The hell is a goolag? Google lag? Sounds like his wifi router is lovely or his internet is lovely.

He should do what Led Zeppelin did and spell it goolog.

Pizza Partisan
Sep 22, 2003

Hate to rain on the parade, but I looked it up on archive.org and there wasn't an entry until April 1st 2017, when it also looked like this. I think it's just an April Fool's joke that's still running.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

stillvisions posted:

Thankfully we've never had a GOP-led US government lie about WMDs in order to justify a war before.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ssssssshhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittt...

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Pizza Partisan posted:

Hate to rain on the parade, but I looked it up on archive.org and there wasn't an entry until April 1st 2017, when it also looked like this. I think it's just an April Fool's joke that's still running.

Still a huge failure by Pence's team to not lock down a domain like that long ago (like, during the 2016 campaign or the last time he ran for governor).

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

coyo7e posted:

I was not aware that madman theory was a recognized portion of game theory.

Apparently it is. I read some article somewhere that Nixon employed this as a way to bring N Vietnam to the table or something.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Pizza Partisan posted:

I don't think you are right.

e- Oh boo, you are. Still funny.

quote:

This is a reminder to kill all your tiny dogs
Sign up to receive email notifications regarding best ways to do so, including strangling, drowning, and others.

Paid For By The People For Mike Pence
If you are looking for the attractive body builder named Mike Pence, click here.
COMING SOON: Russian Translation

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Aug 11, 2017

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
https://twitter.com/DuncanWeldon/status/895976146910707715

I prefer my exam prompts a little less open ended. Saves confusion from the underclassmen.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

PhazonLink posted:

The hell is a goolag?

gulag, you know, the place you are kicked out of when you exercise your freedom of speech in the face of a totalitarian regime

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

enraged_camel posted:

Also, lol

Out of curiosity, I googled this guy's age. I'm loving dumbfounded that this immature idiot is only a year younger than me.

radmonger
Jun 6, 2011

Mozi posted:

My feeling is that even if you do, hypothetically, grant that 'biology' is a factor, however you define that, that effect would be massively, enourmously dwarfed by the individuality of the person and of their life experiences, so you might as well just treat people like you yourself would like to be treated.

Just world fallacy seems strong on the internet today. He was fired, and as we know that firing was justified, we know he was guilty of something. The only question is what.

For example, above we have someone supporting his firing while _literally expressing the opinion he got fired for_. Not only do they not realize this, they do not realize they are one thin alias and one twitter freakout away from not only being similarly fired, but having to go whore the self out of Fox to keep their health insurance.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

AceOfFlames posted:

Out of curiosity, I googled this guy's age. I'm loving dumbfounded that this immature idiot is only a year younger than me.

At some point you're suddenly older than everyone in Hollywood except Tom Cruise and the Oscar committee.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Madkal posted:

The strangest thing for me is the right-wingers, who usually suck at the dick of corporate America, getting so offended when corporate America fires some arsehole for creating a negative work environment. If the idiot was fired for saying "I believe all workers deserve dignity and respect and that was why they should unionize" these right-wing dipshits wouldn't blink an eye.

Because hypocrisy is only a bad thing if you have any shame at all.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Bicyclops posted:

loving Assange is probably going to hire the little weasel, because we now live in a society where bigoted troglodytes always have a group of their own to parachute into, so that they never, ever have to learn their lessons.

Charliegrs posted:

I'm sure Breitbart has some kind of IT department he will end up working for.

Well yeah, like I said, his career in tech is done. He can probably find jobs elsewhere though.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

enraged_camel posted:

Also, lol

so is he a former phd student or a current phd student?

Zalmun
Jan 17, 2008

It'sa me!

Nap Ghost
(Nuclear) Winter is coming...

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

he deserved to be fired for his grotesquely shaped face, if nothing else

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pizza Partisan posted:

Yeah, it was bought, not hacked. Probably will still get taken down, though, so enjoy it while it lasts.

Randbrick
Sep 28, 2002
It's women's fault they became so intensely specialized at professions which all pay worse than male dominated fields and professions due to the manifold caprice of Science.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

radmonger posted:

For example, above we have someone supporting his firing while _literally expressing the opinion he got fired for_. Not only do they not realize this, they do not realize they are one thin alias and one twitter freakout away from not only being similarly fired, but having to go whore the self out of Fox to keep their health insurance.

1) there's a big difference between posting your opinions on something awful behind a handle, and emailing your coworkers from your company email address to their company email address

2) the goon you quoted probably does not work for google, thus is not at risk of being fired from google

3) the "literal opinion he got fired for" is incorrect, you either did not read what the guy said or you are purposely misrepresenting what he said to make a bad argument

4) dude got fired for basically telling his coworkers they suck and are unqualified. none of us here on something awful are coworkers. in fact i invite your spite, because you suck and are bad

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
When the new age comes your posts here will be used in a court of law before you are sentenced to execution by defenestration and immolation

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

My lawyer, tapping a stack of pink printouts of my 2004 posts: Now, Mr. Smith, I just don't think you "get" FYAD.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

Lote posted:

There's also the assertion that women are better at social skills, but men are better suited for leadership which is not a "social" skill.

Money and property management are also innately social skills that women should be solely in charge of.

Randbrick
Sep 28, 2002
I've always talked to my boss like I talk to my wife, though that is admittedly because we are the three of us engaged in a deadly sexual game of cat and mouse.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Randbrick posted:

I've always talked to my boss like I talk to my wife,

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

The Groper posted:

Money and property management are also innately social skills that women should be solely in charge of.

That's ironic that you bring that up. Traditionally, managing money in Korea and banking related activities were feminine. Women managed money and wealth.

They also had very different forms of rent where you would basically provide a one time payment that the owner would then use for capital. You would get room and board. When you moved out, you got your original money back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Zalmun posted:

(Nuclear) Winter is coming...

Trump is the idiot that was promised.

• Locked thread