Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Firing someone for saying that all his women coworkers are poo poo and also proving that he is just a deranged right wing idiot by interchanging women and minority races at will is fine and good hth

Appealing to the authority that being a computer geek makes him an ace at sociology and :biotruths: is not good science.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Randbrick posted:

I've always talked to my boss like I talk to my wife, though that is admittedly because we are the three of us engaged in a deadly sexual game of cat and mouse.

Family Businesses can be stressful

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

There is one thing I do well enough in this world to be a professional at it, how so many right wing people find the time to be assholes for their vocation and hobby is beyond me.

IPlayVideoGames
Nov 28, 2004

I unironically like Anders as a character.
I'm about 99% certain that what drove the google guy to write his manifesto was one of his coworkers shooting him down for a date.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

IPlayVideoGames posted:

I'm about 99% certain that what drove the google guy to write his manifesto was one of his coworkers shooting him down for a date.

more likely that his career was stagnating and he saw women and persons of color being promoted over him, so he put two and two together and ended up with one

Kale
May 14, 2010

Oh great this thread is obsessing over loving identity politics too, literally the most tortuous and inconclusive conversation and poo poo fit to come out of the internet in the past 3 year. Personally I'm more concerned about the crazy man in the White House this thread is about than whether millennials feel a given gender or minority is being championed or oppressed enough in the United States or not.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

Randbrick posted:

I've always talked to my boss like I talk to my wife, though that is admittedly because we are the three of us engaged in a deadly sexual game of cat and mouse.

I always talked to my ex boss the way I talked to my ex wife.

https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/896093338683580416

Oh good so NK won't even have to take any actions juat make threats

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Kale posted:

Oh great this thread is obsessing over loving identity politics too, literally the most tortuous and inconclusive conversation and poo poo fit to come out of the internet in the past 3 year. Personally I'm more concerned about the crazy man in the White House this thread is about than whether millennials feel a given gender or minority is being championed or oppressed enough in the United States or not.

We already linked the Google screed earlier, you don't have to quote it.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

Kale posted:

Source your quotes

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Kale posted:

Just saying "gently caress minorities" is to the point and a lot shorter.

novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o

eviltastic posted:

If we're still talking about the dumb stuff in the google guy's piece, I feel like the fact that he argues that diversity hiring programs are a plot by authoritarian communist intellectuals who have shifted away from concerns about class warrants mention, independent of the biotruths nonsense.

He doesn't actually mean authoritarian communist intellectuals. He means Jews.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Cultural_Marxism

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Millennials are killing the internet now?!?!

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Kale posted:

identity politics: the things that nonwhite nonmale people bother their silly heads with instead of real problems like class warfare and the price of mtg booster packs

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
guys, hold the loving phone. stop the loving conversation. i've just realized there's an issue that could personally affect me here and i don't have time for your stuff

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Kale posted:

Identity politics is literally civil rights you garbage-gently caress liberal.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

Lote posted:

That's ironic that you bring that up. Traditionally, managing money in Korea and banking related activities were feminine. Women managed money and wealth.

They also had very different forms of rent where you would basically provide a one time payment that the owner would then use for capital. You would get room and board. When you moved out, you got your original money back.

I wouldn't even call it ironic, I've been to family gatherings of one of my closest friends in the Ivory Coast, his grannies run everything for a block around and run it well. matriarchal households are imo flat-out better to live in for everyone involved.

E: :females:,:biotruths:, etc.

Car Hater fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Aug 11, 2017

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

"Identity politics are what have torn the left apart/ruined my forums" is the coldest of hot takes.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Trump doesn't have the fortitude to raise taxes.

He could have everything he wants if he did.

Do it Trumpy :unsmigghh:

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

farraday posted:

Yeah Trump is clearly making threats above and beyond what North Korea is doing. Trump is escalating this situation and that seems to be his goal.

Trump wants to attack North Korea and is looking for excuses.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

You shrinking violet teenagers with your gender identity talk have loving ruined the Donkey Kong discussion forums!!

Randbrick
Sep 28, 2002
Whenever I deal with identity politics concerns trolls irl which happens when you're white collar Mcyuppie von white bread, I always tell them that a choice between them, the invariably white, usually male, universally well to do educated idiot, and pretty much anyone else in the whole of the loving earth, is pretty easy.

You tell me to back your play, or I back the play of a 90 year old black lady, I'm with her. You tell me to back your play or I back the play of a Trans kid being bullied in a bathroom by a pack of bored bigots at the state house, I'm with the kid.

Basically, I am not with anyone who would denigrate the concerns of another person by casting them as some trivial artifact of identity. Identity politics as I hear it described is civil rights, and if you're against that, I am against you.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Trabisnikof posted:

Yeah Trump is clearly making threats above and beyond what North Korea is doing. Trump is escalating this situation and that seems to be his goal.

I don't know, malice versus stupidity I'm always going to pick the latter first with Trump.
Malice seems to require a certain amount of thinking outside of ones self and then rejecting it.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

"let's not play identity politics" I say as I board by Identarian chartered boat.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Trabisnikof posted:

https://twitter.com/alivitali/status/896094560375328768

Make America Glow Again

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

farraday posted:

Trump is way too much of a coward to make an overt threat. That's why he's saying stuff like this and 'fire and fury', they sound like they're overt threats but they aren't. He leaves himself room to backpedal here, just like he does on everything.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

farraday posted:

Someone please tell me he's being "sarcastic" here too. NK has been releasing statements that they plan to outright destroy America (which we laugh at and ignore) for a decade. All they have to do is do that one more time and Trump will go off?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
look, while all you class traitors are blathering on about vaginas this and discrimination that, let's stay focused on the real issues and keep our eyes on the ball, here

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/896079845909643264

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

boner confessor posted:

he got fired because he created a bad work environment, meaning some large portion of his coworkers don't like him, making him difficult to manage and a liability. if you're a phd candidate who didn't learn the simple loving lesson of "don't talk about politics at work" then you're actually a huge, overeducated moron irl

DOes it matter at all that some other person leaked that document to the company at large instead of just to HR? Should that employee be somehow punished, or lauded as a whistleblower? The Spreader of that document probably contributed a lot to many of the employees feelings of being in a hostile environment, merely by spreading it around.

Glad the dude got fired, though. Kind of a tool.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

DreamShipWrecked posted:

We already linked the Google screed earlier, you don't have to quote it.

Bicyclops posted:

You shrinking violet teenagers with your gender identity talk have loving ruined the Donkey Kong discussion forums!!

:thurman:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

rats/ships etc

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/896096895595970560

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The way he says "threat", then backpedals to "...overt threat" smells like him setting himself up for cop-out tbh. North Korea will say some poo poo and then Trump will pussy out and say it wasn't "overt" or something when he's questioned on it.

Randbrick
Sep 28, 2002
I wouldn't overestimate the courage it takes to cause or order the deaths of other people and other people's kids.

I dont think it takes very much.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/896095641641795584

Kale
May 14, 2010

Koalas March posted:

Just saying "gently caress minorities" is to the point and a lot shorter.

No I mean gently caress people that obsess and bicker and fling rhetoric over this identity politics stuff without any attempt to reach any sort of conclusion, end point or to learn something in the process. The internet is more stupid about this one thing than anything else in recent years. Both sides of the equation are piss annoying about it more often than not including the extreme bigoted fuckers that hang out in places like /pol/ and alt-right twitter feeds and define their lives by their extremist beliefs about identity politics and the extreme social justice warriors that also define their lives around being offended about identity politics and inequalities but are looking for any fuel to do that virtue signalling thing on twitter and don't actually care about the issues at hand. gently caress those people that fight around in circles about this poo poo on their twitter feeds for attention, not the real people that actually fight for, make sacrifices and care about crucial inequality issues in Western Civilization that ought to change. It's also the fact that they export their bickering over identity politics fueled bitch fits to topics I don't want to have to talk about them constantly with like gaming or entertainment where I'd rather talk about other poo poo. Everything has to be viewed through this lens somehow and there's so many of these fuckers though.

Like you'd think the Google thing might be a means towards approaching an end for these fuckers I have to hear at least something from at some point, but it won't, it'll just take it around in circles again while the usual pundits drop their idiotic extremists comments and the other side gets offended by them and vice versa cause that's seemingly the goal is to antagonize "the other side" and apparently anybody caught up in the whirlwind

Sorry but I can't express how tired of that poo poo I am and how mind numbing I now find it in a here we go again sort of way,

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

What a whiny baby

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Kale posted:

No I mean gently caress people that obsess and bicker and fling rhetoric over this identity politics stuff without any attempt to reach any sort of conclusion, end point or to learn something in the process. The internet is more stupid about this one thing than anything else in recent years. Both sides of the equation are piss annoying about it more often than not including the extreme bigoted fuckers that hang out in places like /pol/ and alt-right twitter feeds and define their lives by their extremist beliefs about identity politics and the extreme social justice warriors that also define their lives around being offended about identity politics and inequalities but are looking for any fuel to do that virtue signalling thing on twitter and don't actually care about the issues at hand. gently caress those people that fight around in circles about this poo poo on their twitter feeds for attention, not the real people that actually fight for, make sacrifices and care about crucial inequality issues in Western Civilization that ought to change. It's also the fact that they export their bickering over identity politics fueled bitch fits to topics I don't want to have to talk about them constantly with like gaming or entertainment where I'd rather talk about other poo poo. Everything has to be viewed through this lens somehow and there's so many of these fuckers though.

Like you'd think the Google thing might be a means towards approaching an end for these fuckers I have to hear at least something from at some point, but it won't, it'll just take it around in circles again while the usual pundits drop their idiotic extremists comments and the other side gets offended by them and vice versa cause that's seemingly the goal is to antagonize "the other side" and apparently anybody caught up in the whirlwind

Sorry but I can't express how tired of that poo poo I am and how mind numbing I now find it in a here we go again sort of way,

Nice, horseshoe theory.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

No, I hated when Fox and Friends gave your marching orders earlier today too.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

empty whippet box posted:

Trump is way too much of a coward to make an overt threat. That's why he's saying stuff like this and 'fire and fury', they sound like they're overt threats but they aren't. He leaves himself room to backpedal here, just like he does on everything.

I disagree strongly, not that Trump isn't a coward, but that his cowardice is relevant. Someone else will die and he's already shown he's fine greenlighting it. Obama was weak andTrump is a big strong tough guy and he expects someone to give him something before he stops waving his dick around.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Kale posted:

I'm sorry sir, the South Park thread is in a different forum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kale
May 14, 2010

Elephant Ambush posted:

Identity politics is literally civil rights you garbage-gently caress liberal.

And having to listen to this kind of poo poo too. I don't want to have to talk about this poo poo at length and this is a key reason why. I have to hear people do their indignant schtick anyway and put opinions in my mouth every single time. Like I kind of already rest my case here.

• Locked thread