Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

NA playerbase will peak once we get Jeanne Alter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

QoL improvements are weird because IIRC NA is based off the Taiwanese client.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Was there a significant difference in the Chinese version to speed up the release of events? My impression was that it was basically 1:1 with Japan, just a year and change later.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Dumb question: why do people keep referring to Sigfried as "Sumanai"?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
he says that a lot.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

W.T. Fits posted:

It means "Sorry", and he says it a lot, yeah.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

sumanai's a bit more complicated than 'sorry,' it's basically an expression of guilt. It's usually used when apologizing to someone who's somewhat dependent on you, like a boss apologizing to a subordinate or a mother apologizing to a child.

You're dependent on the gacha, Siegfried appears. Sumanai.

but yeah, he says it a lot in orleans

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

Nate RFB posted:

Was there a significant difference in the Chinese version to speed up the release of events? My impression was that it was basically 1:1 with Japan, just a year and change later.

They condensed things a lot and everyone hated it, so I'm personally glad they're not going that route here.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

W.T. Fits posted:

On top of everything else already said, his performance in Apocrypha was...uhh...

Sumanai

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

taser rates posted:

They condensed things a lot and everyone hated it, so I'm personally glad they're not going that route here.

Speeding up the rate of events too much would definitely be a misstep, as anyone below whale-tier would have no chance of stockpiling enough quartz and tickets for those impulse rolls. Gachas run on hopes and dreams as much as the whale money after all, and dissatisfied F2P or dolphin players will just quit in droves, curbing growth momentum.

That said, if they want to keep NA perpetually two years behind, I expect the game to hemorrhage players before it even wraps up the first story arc. (Honestly, it probably already is.) And I doubt the Jeanne rate up is making people reach for their wallets either. It frankly reads as clumsy stalling while their three interns amateurishly translate the next event or singularity.

Either way, the lack of communication is inexcusable, that's for sure. It honestly doesn't matter that this game had a drought of content in the original release. The game itself should be announcing future content, instead of relying on JP veterans assuring NA players that it gets better... eventually. Because the average person isn't following the SA thread or subreddit, and will just silently uninstall.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I mean, Nerofest was like a week ago and we're probably going to get more news at Otakon this weekend.

If not, then yeah, hit the panic button

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The cost for upkeep to profit is so low that I can't imagine it actually being remotely a possibility of shutting down unless the app falls out of top 200 in spending.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Yeah, the Janne event made me just squint and shrug. I only dumped out for the last event because I really wanted Altera, but gacha is bad civilization, as it turns out.

Time to go back to stocking quartz for my next false hope.

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!

Tae posted:

The cost for upkeep to profit is so low that I can't imagine it actually being remotely a possibility of shutting down unless the app falls out of top 200 in spending.

It already did, at least in the NA Itunes top grossing charts. But there's been no reason to buy quartz since nerofest so eh

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

NRVNQSR posted:

Is there even anything other than KnK and Prism Ilya that's in question? Certainly there are no issues with Apocrypha, Zero, Extra or CCC because we already have exclusive servants from all of those on NA.

I mean other than CCC all those are available in some way in the US translated so I don't really get your point.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Pureauthor posted:

I mean, Nerofest was like a week ago and we're probably going to get more news at Otakon this weekend.

If not, then yeah, hit the panic button

Honestly the moment I heard about them being at Otakon I knew that they were holding back info for then.

I've been taking it slow and just finished Rome, plus I still have all the Free Quests to spend AP on.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
I do wonder how much of the content fatigue in NA is because they gave us the good EXP dailies months before we were ready for them. I suspect the JP version was not full of level 100 Masters with level 90 Servants within the first two months, and presumably as a result it took people a good deal longer to finish the available story chapters.

Playing the JP version really does make me want its QoL improvements in the English client - especially things like the info panels that show enemies and drops from each quest, AP notifications and incomplete quest counters that actually work - but I fear we might not get them for a long while. After all, I'm sure in theory this client is supposed to already have all it needs to support the first year and a half of content.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Come on team Raikou/Sanzang, I need those crystals to ascend Babbage.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
One thing that I'm doing differently now at least in the Ember gatherings is not burning gold Rider, Lancer, Archer, and Berserker cards. I got a little irritated during Nerofest where I became able to ascend a lot of folks...but not able to level them up further to actually take advantage. I figure if I can instead sit on a pool of 20-40 golds for each class I can avoid having that happen again.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

NRVNQSR posted:

I do wonder how much of the content fatigue in NA is because they gave us the good EXP dailies months before we were ready for them. I suspect the JP version was not full of level 100 Masters with level 90 Servants within the first two months, and presumably as a result it took people a good deal longer to finish the available story chapters.

You're right, everyone was only around 50-60 at the highest for servant levels a few months after launch.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

MonsieurChoc posted:

Come on team Raikou/Sanzang, I need those crystals to ascend Babbage.

From the reddit.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Moon Goddess event 8/17

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1021710937984939&substory_index=0&id=942195675936466

quote:

[Moon Goddess Event Pre-launch Campaign]

The Moon Goddess Festival is coming! Help us give thanks to the Moon Goddess by getting this post to 2,000 likes! Once completed, the Moon Goddess will reward all players with 3 Saint Quartz!

“Tonight’s the Moon Festival: a time when people gaze at the moon and give thanks to the Moon Goddess. To celebrate, Chaldea has prepared its own mini Moon Festival. As such, we’ve been making lots and lots of nice dump…lings…
Wait, where are the dumplings?!”

For more information, visit fate-go.us/event

Will the actual event, whatever it is, follow?:iiam: (e: yes)

a kitten fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Aug 11, 2017

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!
Aww drat, no reverse dragonscale opportunities during this event.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

It, and you, says the Moon viewing event starts on 8/17, dude.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
Looking forward to 4th ascending and grailing Best Boy EMIYA very soon thanks to Moon Goddess. :toot:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Schubalts posted:

It, and you, says the Moon viewing event starts on 8/17, dude.

Well huh, that was from a slightly older draft.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

a kitten posted:

Moon Goddess event 8/17

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1021710937984939&substory_index=0&id=942195675936466

Will the actual event, whatever it is, follow?:iiam: (e: yes)
Hell yeah I won't have to worry about missing this during my vacation.

Only goal I have in mind are the Archer and Rider monuments, unless there is something else I'm missing that I should care about. What are the optimal dango grinding strats?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Nate RFB posted:

Only goal I have in mind are the Archer and Rider monuments, unless there is something else I'm missing that I should care about. What are the optimal dango grinding strats?

When it originally came out, grinding the easiest fight, and maybe the 20ap one.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Nate RFB posted:

The Very Hard free mission has hearts as a drop if you want to try your luck at that (it also drops 3 as a first-clear reward).

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Schubalts posted:

When it originally came out, grinding the easiest fight, and maybe the 20ap one.
What about the dango-boosting CEs? At first blush it seemed like they were too costly to allow you to break even, unless you happened to get the 5* one from the gacha.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Nate RFB posted:

What about the dango-boosting CEs? At first blush it seemed like they were too costly to allow you to break even, unless you happened to get the 5* one from the gacha.

You can stack the Mooncell CE, since you can get that one from the FP gacha, and immerse yourself in 5ap hell.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I've been levelling Stheno, Ushi and Jing Ke in preparation.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

MonsieurChoc posted:

I've been levelling Stheno, Ushi and Jing Ke in preparation.
Wait, why? I know that some events give you rewards if you use certain servants during them, but I wasn't aware that that was the case for Moon Goddess.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Nate RFB posted:

Wait, why? I know that some events give you rewards if you use certain servants during them, but I wasn't aware that that was the case for Moon Goddess.

You're right, I misread the boosted Gacha rates as event boost.

D'oh!

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Nate RFB posted:

Wait what?

Was this the case for Nerofest at all?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Wait what?

Was this the case for Nerofest at all?

no

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

What are the optimal dango grinding strats?

I don't think we'll know until the event starts. It seems the original version of the event was very poorly balanced and they made a lot of changes to the drop rates when they repeated it. So strategy will depend entirely on whether we get the original drops, the rerun drops, or something else again.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I don't think Halloween has any servant boosts, so that won't be a mechanic until GudaGuda.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Re-checking, the first event to have Servant Boosts might be GUDAGUDA Honnouji, around November/December.

Emiya, Cu Chulain, Medusa, Ushiwakamaru, Musashibou Benkei and Mephistopheles will give additional drops (Emiya more than the others).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

Emiya, Cu Chulain, Medusa, Ushiwakamaru, Musashibou Benkei and Mephistopheles will give additional drops (Emiya more than the others).

Though note that Okita gives much higher boosts than any of them because the whole point of these bonuses is to try and get you to roll the event gatcha.