Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninguno
Jan 17, 2011
Hey thanks thread for the rec on Legion. Never would have watched it, but really taken by how creative and flavorful it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

ninguno posted:

Hey thanks thread for the rec on Legion. Never would have watched it, but really taken by how creative and flavorful it was.

Aubrey Plaza's role was originally written for a middle aged man.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Started watching Arrow again from the start on Netflix and I forgot how much I missed serial killer Oliver Queen.

Also I got way too excited at Felicity Smoak's first appearance.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Kirkman announced he's leaving AMC and signing a deal with Amazon. Skybound will develop projects for Amazon and Amazon will have a right of first-refusal on Skybound stuff.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

zoux posted:

Kirkman announced he's leaving AMC and signing a deal with Amazon. Skybound will develop projects for Amazon and Amazon will have a right of first-refusal on Skybound stuff.

Unless Amazon is making an Invincible series I'm not sure what big IP Kirkman has left to sell.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Unless Amazon is making an Invincible series I'm not sure what big IP Kirkman has left to sell.

I know Seth Rogen is developing an Invincible series but I'm not sure who it's for or if it's impacted by this deal. Reading the press release it sounds like he's going to be developing new IPs.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
He does own a fifth of Image.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

My god if they made a Wildstorm tv universe.

Sleeper. The Authority. Fuckin Planetary.

But Kirkman?

IDK

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The deal is with Skybound, not Image.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

zoux posted:

The deal is with Skybound, not Image.

I don't know how I feel about this?!?!

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Shageletic posted:

My god if they made a Wildstorm tv universe.

Sleeper. The Authority. Fuckin Planetary.

But Kirkman?

IDK

I would kill for a Planetary animated series

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I don't think it would be possible to make a licensing deal with Image as all the creators own the rights to their own stuff, you'd have to have literally every artist and writer sign on.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

zoux posted:

I don't think it would be possible to make a licensing deal with Image as all the creators own the rights to their own stuff, you'd have to have literally every artist and writer sign on.

It's prob the most interesting comic universe out there. Prophet alone would blow people away.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

He does own a fifth of Image.

Yeah, but Image doesn't own poo poo, that's their entire raison d'etre.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, but Image doesn't own poo poo, that's their entire raison d'etre.

Come on BKV. Please let me develop a Saga show for Amazon. Pleeeeeeeaaaassseee

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yeah someone buy the BKV universe. Paper Girls would be Stranger Things: The Girls Edition and make a billion dollars.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Madkal posted:

Come on BKV. Please let me develop a Saga show for Amazon. Pleeeeeeeaaaassseee

Pretty sure he said that saga will never be anything other than a comic

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Kirkman doesn't have any other IP worth a poo poo does he?

Lol Battle Pope.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I just really want a Sex Criminals tv show.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

Kirkman doesn't have any other IP worth a poo poo does he?

Lol Battle Pope.

My three favorite things he's ever done were Tech Jacket, The Astounding Wolf-Man, and Super Dinosaur. But the last two seem way out of the scope of something Amazon could produce. And maybe the first one too.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

My three favorite things he's ever done were Tech Jacket, The Astounding Wolf-Man, and Super Dinosaur. But the last two seem way out of the scope of something Amazon could produce. And maybe the first one too.

All three of those would make excellent animated series.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

All three of those would make excellent animated series.

I think Super Dinosaur is super underrated and the reason it works is because it's made for a younger audience and that automatically leaves most of the stuff Kirkman overindulges in out. Which makes for a better comic.

EDIT: Oh! Thief of Thieves! That's the show that will absolutely work on Amazon. I forget that's a Kirkman book because he left so early. But it's perfect for Amazon.

If that's not the first show they do I will be very surprised.

X-O fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Aug 12, 2017

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oh yeah, I forget ToT because he just threw down the plot and left it for the others to sort out.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Kirkman's next show: Rape and Dismemberment: The Series

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Codependent Poster posted:

Kirkman's next show: Rape and Dismemberment: The Series

You mean Game of Thrones?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's only been like 3 rapes and a dozen or so dismemberments.

You do that in one season, then you've got yourself a Kirkman show.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

You do that in one season, then you've got yourself a Kirkman show.

Not enough goresplosions.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

People in Kirkman books are garbage bags filled with tomato sauce and teeth.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Aphrodite posted:

You do that in one episode, then you've got yourself a Kirkman show.

There we go.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Codependent Poster posted:

Millarworld's next show: Rape and Dismemberment: The Series

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

also Nekra iirc

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Have another Defenders trailer.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The Russo Brothers seem to have their Woody. And it's perfect casting. Let's hope they finalize it.

http://www.thewrap.com/joel-mchale-valiant-quantum-and-woody/

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

The Russo Brothers seem to have their Woody. And it's perfect casting. Let's hope they finalize it.

http://www.thewrap.com/joel-mchale-valiant-quantum-and-woody/

Love it.

Watched the new Defenders trailer. Everything Netflix Daredevil related would be better if Matt just wore that scarf as his mask.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

David Tennant will be reprising his role as Kilgrave/Purple Man in Jessica Jones Season 2.

http://www.vulture.com/2017/08/david-tennant-will-return-for-jessica-jones-season-two.html

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Klungar posted:

David Tennant will be reprising his role as Kilgrave/Purple Man in Jessica Jones Season 2.

http://www.vulture.com/2017/08/david-tennant-will-return-for-jessica-jones-season-two.html

PLOT TWIST

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
So he just told all those people, including Jessica, to believe Jessica killed him.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MacheteZombie posted:

So he just told all those people, including Jessica, to believe Jessica killed him.

Or his powers were increased so much that he told himself to come back from the dead and he did.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Or his powers were increased so much that he told himself to come back from the dead and he did.

"with my dying breath I curse.... MYSELF WITH IMMORTALITY!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Or you know, he's just in her head and she's having hallucinations about the trauma she went through. That seems much more likely.