Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I promised you a little treat... so here he is! Former President Barack Obama!

*shoves a wino dressed up like Obama onto the stage*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/adamjohnsonNYC/status/896124785641390080

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 17 days!)

quote:

I signed onto it because I have always supported Israel and opposed BDS. But when constitutional lawyers expressed alarm that the bill could have a chilling effect on the First Amendment, I took their concerns seriously. That is not how I interpreted the bill language, and I still don’t interpret it that way, but it’s clear to me that if reasonable people can come to diametrically different conclusions about what the bill does, then the bill as written is too ambiguous and needs to be written more clearly.

there is no way to write an anti-boycotts bill so clearly that it won't somehow violate the first amendment

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

I promised you a little treat... so here he is! Former President Barack Obama!

*shoves a wino dressed up like Obama onto the stage*

Just send Ossof out to do his Obama impression.

Pener Kropoopkin has issued a correction as of 22:48 on Aug 11, 2017

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
im dum

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

:laffo:

https://twitter.com/business/status/896123378074959873

:laffo:

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
the democratic party does a good enough job of killing itself but obama trying to 'help' still manages to piss me off

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

i totally changed my opinion because some really smart lawyers explained to me that jailing people for expressing their views is somehow a blow agaisnt the first amendment, i was truly shocked by this revelation

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

If you means tested it, then it's not really "minimum income" anymore.

Yeah they pretty much shot down the entire idea of mincome in favor of tax credits :lol:

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

MaxxBot posted:

Yeah they pretty much shot down the entire idea of mincome in favor of tax credits :lol:

TAX CREDITS!!! DONT YOU LOVE TAX CREDITS?? WE ALL LOVE TAX CREDITS DONT YOU LOVE DOING TAXES AND GETTING CREDITS????????? HIRE AN ACCOUNTANT AND GET MORE CREDITSSFRFRFEdsgdfg

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

make arabs disappeared again!

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Hello sorry to interrupt, I was told that the focus group was in this building

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

babypolis posted:

TAX CREDITS!!! DONT YOU LOVE TAX CREDITS?? WE ALL LOVE TAX CREDITS DONT YOU LOVE DOING TAXES AND GETTING CREDITS????????? HIRE AN ACCOUNTANT AND GET MORE CREDITSSFRFRFEdsgdfg

i love only being able to catch up on bills once per year

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Stay safe lameduck ghost

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Perfect Potato posted:

There's like three different trump threads on these stupid forums and the dnd one is literally called "trump thread"

I can only assume the CSPAM one is being talked about but you people are not making this easy!

this the most suck zone post i ever read

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 17 days!)

MaxxBot posted:

Ah so the program that delivers income regardless of whether you've worked or not, is replaced by a program you could only ever benefit from if you had an income.

Wonks are just so smart.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Ah so the program that delivers income regardless of whether you've worked or not, is replaced by a program you could only ever benefit from if you had an income.

Wonks are just so paid

:laffo:!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Condiv posted:

last i checked this was the dems thread, not the psychotic ramblings of a racist who isn't a democrat thread

whats the difference :confused:

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Lastgirl posted:

whats the difference :confused:

right?
:thunk:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Back Obama

lol that a former president has to turn a chair around and have a rap sesh with you kids if if if you would just had come out more

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

well, i was raised with the idea of when you make a giant loving mess, cleaning it up is the very least you co--

oh, wait, he's gonna make it worse, isn't he?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

well, i was raised with the idea of when you make a giant loving mess, cleaning it up is the very least you co--

yes but he'll look very presidential doing it

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poz6W0znOfk

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

this is the guy who knew about debbie wasserman shulz and went 'whatever someone else can deal with it'

he gives no shits about anything except his Presidential Image

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
*puts leg up on table and rests arm on knee*

[extremely Obama] Alright Folks, Gather...around. We have got to uhh you know the thing with single payer is that...

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Lastgirl posted:

*puts leg up on table and rests arm on knee*

[extremely Obama] Alright Folks, Gather...around. We have got to uhh you know the thing with single payer is that...

[twitterishly] SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Office Pig posted:

this is the guy who knew about debbie wasserman shulz and went 'whatever someone else can deal with it'

he gives no shits about anything except his Presidential Image

the parishioners are the other way, reverend. i'm just here to sing 'nearer my god to thee'

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bump_fn posted:

https://theintercept.com/2017/08/11/illinois-democrat-says-elect-him-governor-and-hell-commute-all-low-level-drug-sentences/

“The war on drugs was a success,” he said in a speech on criminal justice reform given last month. “Because the war on drugs was never actually on drugs. It was against black people.”

Pawar used that address to explain the true history of the modern drug war, which former President Richard Nixon utilized to crack down on the anti-war left and African-Americans.

As part of his campaign, he’s vowing to end Illinois’s participation in that drug war through a battery of policies: making minor possession of controlled substances no longer a felony, legalizing and taxing marijuana, expanding addiction treatment, establishing a truth and reconciliation commission to air police-community grievances, and, most radically, using his commutation powers as governor to simply commute the sentences of nonviolent low-level drug offenders.

You know, the British pit Hindus and Muslims against one another. Pit people against one another based on class and geography, caste … this is no different. Chicago versus downstate. Downstate versus Chicago. Black, white, brown against one another. All poor people fighting over scraps. So that’s why I jumped into the race. I’m going to call this stuff out.

this, however, is quite cool and good, so i have to ask how soon it'll be before rahm et al fucks him over?

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol in the Obama Foundation website, under Obama's international achievements:
https://www.obama.org/chapter/american-leadership/#negotiated-trans-pacific-partnership

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Homeless Friend posted:

unban vile imo, I spent 10 bux on that bastard

smoothrich imo

Serf
May 5, 2011

MaxxBot posted:

Vox also did a big podcast on how giving mincome to everyone is bad and that means testing is way better, they loving love their means testing over there.

https://twitter.com/purplerylene/status/889923529348657158

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
obama: i will help rebuild the democratic party

leftists: ya can u help us pass single payer

obama: L A T E R S

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

last time obama helped he put worthless perez in the dnc chair slot instead of very good and loveable ellison. he also helped assholes like dershowitz out with his islamophobic agenda

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/newtgingrich/status/896142381136855043

ahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahewgrihwrghaglahsfairwb nfbardegarem aamerdmn

ed: wait wrong thread

gently caress u

mormonpartyboat has issued a correction as of 00:04 on Aug 12, 2017

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
Deval Patrick is going to be on every pundit's lips in a couple weeks.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Office Pig posted:

the democratic party does a good enough job of killing itself but obama trying to 'help' still manages to piss me off

the article says that he doesn't want anyone to be able to point to things the Dems are doing and blame him for them, so he'll stay mostly behind the scenes, restricting his involvement mostly to fundraising, backroom dealing, and advising. he will carefully avoid putting his face on it or letting himself become publicly associated with anything the Dems do

he says its because he doesn't want the Republicans to be able to point to him in attack ads. wouldn't want to let them associate the Democratic party with a tremendously popular nationally famous former president, after all. as usual it's all about his personal reputation and his fear of confrontation and conflict

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Agnosticnixie posted:

Deval Patrick is going to be on every pundit's lips in a couple weeks.

:siren::cumpolice::siren:

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

we're all going to die and it'll be a great relief honestly

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy