Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

logikv9 posted:

renting owns

wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

The problem is looking at a house as an investment you game.

It's a place to live.

was looking through my bookmarks for the Whitney music box and thought of you when I saw this C-SPAM classic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIX-dR2L0rQ

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

only twenty-teens kids will remember that one time a child rapist got the nuclear codes

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Duscat posted:

manafort has one hell of a lot of horribly mutilated skeletons in his closet, and i really hope nobody's even thinking about giving him immunity at this point

One of my co-workers said that he replaced all his lawyers with tax fraud lawyers, so I'm guessing that the IRS is getting really interested in where he got all that cash to buy three expensive Manhattan houses.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

the gently caress do boomers care about house values

a lot of them will be dead in 10-15 years

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

triple sulk posted:

slow news night

wait until the Bigly Press Conference on monday

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ComfortablySmug/status/896164524922773505

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Nah, it's a place to live. Looking at it as an investment leads to hosed up behavior.

There's a lot of land in the vast majority of the US, no reason for most houses in those areas to cost more than land and cost to erect minus depreciation.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

poser

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

The problem is looking at a house as an investment you game.

It's a place to live.

this is exactly like saying "i don't see color"

doesn't matter how wrong it is, it IS an investment

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

lol tread title explain Atkin plz

applebess is closing a bunch of stores

also a couple ihops

Apr 7, 2003

Weeping Wound posted:

was looking through my bookmarks for the Whitney music box and thought of you when I saw this C-SPAM classic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIX-dR2L0rQ

Nice

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

logikv9 posted:

renting owns

I call one number when the water heater explodes or the washer breaks or whatever the gently caress and someone else fixes it immediately and pays for everything and I don't have to worry about mowing the lawn or saving up to replace the roof every couple decades or any-drat-thing else.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

suck your own dick until it cums

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Someone should update this with TRUMP and Twitter on the phone.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

triple sulk posted:

Plus they already took out all the equity for dick pills.

Apr 7, 2003

Duscat posted:

this is exactly like saying "i don't see color"

doesn't matter how wrong it is, it IS an investment

It's an investment the same way your car is

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
I have a house that will probably never be profitable but that's ok because once it's paid off I can move anywhere and buy a comparably priced house for basically no money.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

dilbert guy is so lame, my dog could come up with better burns

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/896174665504350208

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

zen death robot posted:

well yeah it was a lot better and it was more like 11 years ago so I've made up the difference many times over since then

👍

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

sullat posted:

One of my co-workers said that he replaced all his lawyers with tax fraud lawyers, so I'm guessing that the IRS is getting really interested in where he got all that cash to buy three expensive Manhattan houses.

yes! sweet, sweet sexy evilguy tears

e: i am fully aware my source is "something a forums poster said one of his coworkers said" and i stand by my erection

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

one appreciates one depreciates

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

triple sulk posted:

this, but for basically every issue they seem to get obsessed about tbh

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Doomtalker posted:

Mage the Ascension. I got a Euthanatos, 2 hermetics, Akashic, Cultist of ecstasy, and a dude who's powergaming hard.

run it revised style where the only thing that matters is how much you can make a positive difference in the world and its implicitly or explicitly selfish af to go dicking off to the spirit moons of xantor for funsies

also the technocracy is systemic not personal, so shooting the right cyborg wont solve yr problems. umless you piss off the wrong bureaucrat the technocracy doesnt take personal gently caress-you interest until you have crazy rear end power

and play up that arete is a full internalized level of commitment to a worldview thats seriously out of sorts w the consensus—etherites are alex chiu and timecube, not dashing heroes. in fact part of the advantage the technocracy has is that they work closer to consensus, so an itx operative gets to be macgyver instead of a filthy weirdo

basically make them pay reasonable costs for things but still make sure they feel cool. but deffo make sure they stumble across a demon of iron and violence at some point because those are :krad:

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

wapo's humor columnist was doing one of those wine-and-painting days today

https://twitter.com/petridishes/status/896174151756640257

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

hahahahahahahahahaha you are so stupid

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

lmao the election night recap at the end of Get Me Roger Stone :flashfap:

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
If every house in America is supposed to appreciate doesn't that rely on like houses being built forever

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

i'm gonna ignore the posts for now and just talk about the movie because honest to poo poo, gently caress trump, i can't deal this week.

:siren: :ducksiren: ORGANIZE YOURSELVES, it's MATEWAN at 10PM EST/7PM PST :ducksiren: :siren:

Filmed in the coal country of West Virginia, "Matewan" celebrates labor organizing in the context of a 1920s work stoppage. Union organizer, Joe Kenehan (Chris Cooper), a scab named "Few Clothes" Johnson (James Earl Jones) and a sympathetic mayor and police chief heroically fight the power represented by a coal company and Matewan's vested interests so that justice and workers' rights need not take a back seat to squalid working conditions, exploitation and the bottom line.

Get yourself cultured tonight at nitecrew.org

Bring some popcorn, fuckos.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Phi230 posted:

If every house in America is supposed to appreciate doesn't that rely on like houses being built forever

welcome to the capitalist party

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

tacodaemon posted:

wapo's humor columnist was doing one of those wine-and-painting days today

https://twitter.com/petridishes/status/896174151756640257

our Vice President, Cotton Hill

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

euphronius posted:

one appreciates one depreciates

My 1984 omni is appreciating thank you very much.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

:same:

Apr 7, 2003

ScrubLeague posted:

I have a house that will probably never be profitable but that's ok because once it's paid off I can move anywhere and buy a comparably priced house for basically no money.

Expecting as a given that your house will be profitable is like expecting as a given that your iPhone will be profitable

The housing market bends over backwards on that assumption and this is why we have boomers in Mississippi sitting on their house expecting fifteen times what they paid for it because it's supposed to turn a profit.

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

wishing doesn't make it so

cars don't suddenly wildly appreciate in value

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Expecting as a given that your house will be profitable is like expecting as a given that your iPhone will be profitable

The housing market bends over backwards on that assumption and this is why we have boomers in Mississippi sitting on their house expecting fifteen times what they paid for it because it's supposed to turn a profit.

please don't ever give anyone financial advice

Apr 7, 2003

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

hahahahahahahahahaha you are so stupid

Wow, didn't know we had boomers posting here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chunky Salsa
Aug 31, 2016

"Isn't that right, Zach?"

These all sound pretty bad but what the hell do I know I drink well rum and $3 wine

• Locked thread