Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

noony noony noony nooooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday
I finally did it, guys.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
The Morrowind trailer has Argonians wearing an armor that was basically a red toga with additonal armor plates. Is that armor style in the game somewhere?

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
Looked at some interesting houses today.

Made by our very own @GamerGhoul. Choo choo! Trainwiz would be proud.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Mizuti posted:

Looked at some interesting houses today.

Made by our very own @GamerGhoul. Choo choo! Trainwiz would be proud.

Hopefully you walked the track to get the full experience.

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

I think my proudest accomplishment in this game so far was when I walked the entire length of the magic murder 'coaster and survived.

I'm still really enjoying this game. Dungeons are fun, I want to do more. I'm mopping up the quests I missed running through the Pact storyline and doing all the delves / grabbing all the skyshards. Close to CP130, but I honestly can see myself playing much further than CP160 just from the poo poo there is to do.

I haven't been back to Cyrodiil since I hit vet levels - if I zerg with a big group will it be generally fine, like it was under 50? Or do the vet level PVPers need to actually git gud? I guess I'm wondering when player skill comes in as a major factor in general. I played some dungeon tonight and accidentally spammed a self-heal instead of a single-target DPS for a couple of seconds - I was drunk and we still did fine, but it made me think about how I could probably be trying to optimize my rotation, get a sense for the rhythm of my DoTs, stuff like that.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

The Locator posted:

Hopefully you walked the track to get the full experience.

I did, all the way to the fishy surprise at the end.

Edit:

Another house I looked at:

Orbital laser

Guar of Thrones

Forsythia fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Aug 13, 2017

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
All those houses make me feel like a sack of poo poo!

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Aramek posted:

All those houses make me feel like a sack of poo poo!

I have the newbie apartment with a plain mat on the floor and I think a candle that I made by accident messing with crafting.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
I've got a crate and two of my pets in one apartment.

My other apartment has another crate and my other pet.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Mine has a fireplace and a candle. It also has no ventilation so it's like a suicide booth.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Patch DL is up.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Lmfao it's like someone set off a nuke on the forums with how much bitching and crying that's going on because of the last minute crit nerfs.

inflatable fish
Dec 8, 2016

Scyantific posted:

Lmfao it's like someone set off a nuke on the forums with how much bitching and crying that's going on because of the last minute crit nerfs.

yeah and then you look at the new Infallible Aether 5-piece and go "dude what"

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

That one was not intended.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
What did they do now?

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Kurieg posted:

What did they do now?

Not an empty quote.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Can someone provide a quick cliff notes version of the patch for those of us who barely have enough time to play once in a while, let alone try to keep up with mechanics changes? What crit nerf?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

The Locator posted:

Can someone provide a quick cliff notes version of the patch for those of us who barely have enough time to play once in a while, let alone try to keep up with mechanics changes? What crit nerf?

If you're a normal, casual player, you probably won't even notice. Your crit rate may have gone from 60% to closer to 50%, and that's about it.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Coldforge posted:

If you're a normal, casual player, you probably won't even notice. Your crit rate may have gone from 60% to closer to 50%, and that's about it.

Crit went from 58.x% to 48.x%... sort of painful. Is there a consensus that Sharpened weapons are now inferior to Precise? If so how much?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

The Locator posted:

Crit went from 58.x% to 48.x%... sort of painful. Is there a consensus that Sharpened weapons are now inferior to Precise? If so how much?

For stamdps I believe your priority is still going to be hitting penetration cap in group settings before anything else, but there are more ways to get there than six months ago despite the nerf on sharpened weapons.

I say group settings because like 99% of solo content in the game has something like 9k armor penetration cap so you never really need more than 8/9k penetration on your own. vMA is the only exception which weirdly has different armor penetration values for different rounds and mobs/bosses.

I think on PTS precise was outperforming sharp if you were already getting close to cap but precise ended up being left unchanged so idk. Infused in one hand is an option if you're up at the cap.

If you're just pugging 4-man dungeons my guess is you probably want to stay with sharpened just cause at best you can assume the tank has major fracture and that's about it.

I just golded out some spriggans that I'm trying out now. With (all gold gear) sharpened weapons, kragh 2-pc, and about 31 points or so in CP piercing that puts me at around 10500 penetration to start with (which is a bit much). With NMG debuff on, plus major fracture that'll put me up to around 18.2k which is right under the cap. If the tank (as he should) has a crusher enchant with decent uptime that'd put me over the cap so I'm probably a candidate to start looking into swapping to infused weapon if I wanted to.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

I have no idea what my penetration is, I guess I should figure out if that's shown somewhere.

I mostly just meander around solo doing quests and poo poo (also, MagSorc), so I'm not super annoyed about the nerfs, but my OCD always likes to know what the 'best' stuff is that I should be very slowly aiming for.

One of these days I'll have enough poo poo collected to get some Julianos pieces made!

Except for my two sharpened staves (crafted) I don't have any yellow stuff, just purples, so I'm certainly not in the group that is reaching the end-game caps I imagine.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

The Locator posted:

Ok so Quick and DirtyTM:
  • PTS 3.1.0 drops; major buffs to many Weapon/Spell Critical-based sets, mainly Mother's Sorrow/Leviathan and Hunding's Rage/Law of Julianos/Night Mother's Gaze/Twice-Fanged Serpent
  • Significant nerf to Sharpened trait, bringing it back to pre-DB values.
  • Other traits buffed as well. New Best In Slot becomes a close race between Sharpened/Precise/Infused/Nirnhoned
  • YouTubers/Meta players like Alcast and Guilliamtherogue basically proclaim that stacking crit with Shadow mundus (increased critical damage) is the new metagame; Undaunted monster sets are OUT for the most part. New magicka metagame becomes 5x Mother's Sorrow/5x Julianos with 1x Iceheart/Slimecraw
  • Dumbass players begin speculation on prices the week before Update 15 drops, driving up the price on Mother's Sorrow gear (only set that is farmable and tradeable) to ridiculous prices; Said idiots also begin flipping the Rosin market on its head for making new gold-level staves (Rosin went from 3k/ea to about 7k/ea by patch day)
  • Zenimax drops Update 15 on Monday 8/14, with significant changes to the above sets/bonuses. Global Weapon/Spell Critical increases from PTS version 3.1.0 are reduced by a pretty hefty margin, Mother's Sorrow and Leviathan eat some hefty nerfs as well. Thief Mundus stone eats another nerf in addition to the one it was hit with in PTS 3.1.0; Shadow Mundus also eats a nerf.
  • The " Super Critical" metagame falls apart before it even makes it to the Live server.
  • Idiot players who spent tons of gold/man hours farming all this gear essentially poo poo their pants and riot on the forums, claiming that Zenimax has no right to make such "drastic" changes without giving players warning (spoiler alert: Zenimax can do whatever the gently caress they want. The data they gathered through PTS testing showed that the Super Crit meta was clearly overperforming and creating yet another Sharpened debacle).
  • Non-morons like myself sit back and drink the pubbie tears over a loving video game.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Aug 15, 2017

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

The Locator posted:

I have no idea what my penetration is, I guess I should figure out if that's shown somewhere.

I mostly just meander around solo doing quests and poo poo (also, MagSorc), so I'm not super annoyed about the nerfs, but my OCD always likes to know what the 'best' stuff is that I should be very slowly aiming for.

One of these days I'll have enough poo poo collected to get some Julianos pieces made!

Except for my two sharpened staves (crafted) I don't have any yellow stuff, just purples, so I'm certainly not in the group that is reaching the end-game caps I imagine.

If you're just solo questing you're fine, also pen is more a thing for Stamdps to worry about not mag. In fact you can pretty much do any content in this game with crafted gear, many of the crafted sets easily outperforming dropped stuff and like 100% easier to get. Most people tend to use crafted weapons anyways cause it's far easier to get them exactly how you want them, with dropped weapons being a price gouging market. BiS is for competitive pve which is a very small niche in the game anyways.

Sharpened is a safe bet still, if you have a bunch of sharp weapons don't go out and decon all of them and try to buy a bunch of precise stuff or whatever. HotR more flattened things than made sharp obsolete for something else. More traits are closer to each other instead of just one thing being end all be all.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Thanks gents, I appreciate the info!

Maybe I'll be able to play for a few hours one of these days instead of just logging in to feed horses.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Scyantific posted:

Ok so Quick and DirtyTM:
  • PTS 3.1.0 drops; major buffs to many Weapon/Spell Critical-based sets, mainly Mother's Sorrow/Leviathan and Hunding's Rage/Law of Julianos/Night Mother's Gaze/Twice-Fanged Serpent
  • Significant nerf to Sharpened trait, bringing it back to pre-DB values.
  • Other traits buffed as well. New Best In Slot becomes a close race between Sharpened/Precise/Infused/Nirnhoned
  • YouTubers/Meta players like Alcast and Guilliamtherogue basically proclaim that stacking crit with Shadow mundus (increased critical damage) is the new metagame; Undaunted monster sets are OUT for the most part. New magicka metagame becomes 5x Mother's Sorrow/5x Julianos with 1x Iceheart/Slimecraw
  • Dumbass players begin speculation on prices the week before Update 15 drops, driving up the price on Mother's Sorrow gear (only set that is farmable and tradeable) to ridiculous prices; Said idiots also begin flipping the Rosin market on its head for making new gold-level staves (Rosin went from 3k/ea to about 7k/ea by patch day)
  • Zenimax drops Update 15 on Monday 8/14, with significant changes to the above sets/bonuses. Global Weapon/Spell Critical increases from PTS version 3.1.0 are reduced by a pretty hefty margin, Mother's Sorrow and Leviathan eat some hefty nerfs as well. Thief Mundus stone eats another nerf in addition to the one it was hit with in PTS 3.1.0; Shadow Mundus also eats a nerf.
  • The " Super Critical" metagame falls apart before it even makes it to the Live server.
  • Idiot players who spent tons of gold/man hours farming all this gear essentially poo poo their pants and riot on the forums, claiming that Zenimax has no right to make such "drastic" changes without giving players warning (spoiler alert: Zenimax can do whatever the gently caress they want. The data they gathered through PTS testing showed that the Super Crit meta was clearly overperforming and creating yet another Sharpened debacle).
  • Non-morons like myself sit back and drink the pubbie tears over a loving video game.

Anyone expecting a 100% transfer from PTS to Live in any situation is retarded.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
So anyone have opinions on Horns of the Reach? I still haven't picked up SotH because I hear the content is just ball bustingly tough as opposed to fun (although now that they've been nerfed somewhat I may reconsider).

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

My experience so far is they're tough but without bullshit gimmick mechanics like SotH stuff had. More keep an eye out on where you're standing less need to know a bunch of arbitrary things you'd only learn after dozens of wipes or watching a YouTube. I like fights with a lot of mobility so I think they're pretty great so far.

Owlkill
Jul 1, 2009
Could I get an invite to the NA crafting guild(s) please? @eajmartin

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Rough Lobster posted:

So anyone have opinions on Horns of the Reach? I still haven't picked up SotH because I hear the content is just ball bustingly tough as opposed to fun (although now that they've been nerfed somewhat I may reconsider).

I've only run Bloodforge so far, but I had a blast on both normal and vet. Trying to figure out the (relatively simple) mechanics and get everything just right on vet was easily among my favorite times in the game so far, and I'm not one who enjoys super hard dungeons.

The emote kinda sucks, though. Wish they'd gone with another personality.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Yeah wtf is with that.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Rough Lobster posted:

Bloodforge was okay. Better than either SotH dungeon. I'm worried that DLC is just going to be these small two dungeon things from now on.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Does anyone know of a mod that will let me open item description windows with the controller UI? I need this.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

JackBadass posted:

Bloodforge was okay. Better than either SotH dungeon. I'm worried that DLC is just going to be these small two dungeon things from now on.

Way back when, they layed out their annual release plans. One pack every quarter. Two are zone packs, one is just new dungeons, and one is a legit expansion.

count_von_count
Nov 6, 2012

Scyantific posted:

...while also providing a textbook example of how to cash in on a speculation bubble, nice work! :homebrew:

Also! You can bank AP and writ vouchers now, and there were some great updates to crafting as well:
  • The item you're improving stays selected, so you don't have to keep re-selecting it to go from white to e.g. purple
  • You can improve locked items if the improvement chance is 100%
  • You can improve equipped items
  • You won't be warned that the item could be destroyed if the improvement chance is 100%
  • You can cancel trait research (the item is still consumed, of course)

I heard a rumor that there might be some ZOS goons out there, so I wanted to say how much I appreciate all the banking and crafting fixes! In the midst of all the new content being released, it's great to see how committed you all still are to refining and polishing existing systems. Crafting is a lot of fun and it just keeps getting better.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Those are some nice changes to crafting indeed.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

JackBadass posted:

Supposedly the next DLC will be Clockwork City which (presumably) will be TG/DB sized new zone that will also be including something they've called a "mini-trial" that will be 12-man content but doable in thirty minutes. So like short dungeon + one big boss fight I'm guessing.

If they stick to the plan that means Q1 2018 will be some similarly sized DLC with Q2 being the next "Chapter" like Morrowind and Q3 will be another dungeon pack and so on.

Smoove
Aug 13, 2012

...and goes down easy
What's a good level to start looking into running dungeons? I've tried Google but seems to only find the incomplete wikis. Just passing level 12 with my stamsorc and getting involved with the Thieves Guild, all the sneaking around has me wanting to pull my hair out.
I need some mindless button mashing to balance it out.

Is there a guild on Xbox I can get an invite to?
GT: UprBdyViolence
Character: Smuuve

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Smoove posted:

What's a good level to start looking into running dungeons? I've tried Google but seems to only find the incomplete wikis. Just passing level 12 with my stamsorc and getting involved with the Thieves Guild, all the sneaking around has me wanting to pull my hair out.
I need some mindless button mashing to balance it out.

Is there a guild on Xbox I can get an invite to?
GT: UprBdyViolence
Character: Smuuve

You can start right away!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

count_von_count posted:

I heard a rumor that there might be some ZOS goons out there, so I wanted to say how much I appreciate all the banking and crafting fixes! In the midst of all the new content being released, it's great to see how committed you all still are to refining and polishing existing systems. Crafting is a lot of fun and it just keeps getting better.
Not a rumor, they've posted in the thread. As a reminder

Scyantific posted:

:siren: Ok time to be serious for a minute here. :siren:

As quite a few people already know, we do in fact have some people who work for ZOS in the guild. It's nice and all, but they're not here to be your personal connection to the studio (except in Ixjuvin's case, since he's made it clear that he's willing to accept bug reports as they happen; his words, not mine).

The rest of them, however, would prefer to not be bothered, since they want to relax in their downtime instead of deal with dev-related questions/comments/complaints/haggling.

If you happen to know who these people are, DO NOT let any others know. If they want people to know, they will do it themselves. If you happen to figure out who they are, keep it to yourself.

:siren:If I find out about anyone divulging the @UserIDs of the rest of them, I will personally kick you from the guild, no questions asked.:siren:

Knowing each one of them, I made sure to guarantee them that they don't get bothered while they're playing the game for fun and relaxation. This is without mentioning the fact that Lambert has actually said that any dev who plays the game plays on a regular account and not some superpowered admin account.

Serious mode over, back to whatever you were doing.

Please don't bother goondevs to the point where they leave the guild/refuse to talk to us.