Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I've been waiting for the Hosu Chief of Police to show up ever since the show started and I was not disappointed, woof

I really liked that one translation of the manga that had him making dog puns instead of saying woof. He's a good boy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Poltergrift, in the manga thread posted:

I like her design. She always looks like she's been trying to bite through an unpeeled lemon and only partially succeeding, but is also really jazzed about it.

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I've been waiting for the Hosu Chief of Police to show up ever since the show started and I was not disappointed, woof
I can't wait to give him a peach on my way to donate my fossils and fish for red snappers to sell, chickadee.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Aug 6, 2017

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
After I resigned myself to preferring the manga, friends of mine started sending me panels of the villains shown at the end of this ep to convince me to read and Sweater Girl looks loving wild, I love her. I'm stoked for the more character based filler but also no gently caress off lets get moving

EmmyOk posted:

That line from a few episodes back about what Todoroki says to Ida about not losing sight of the hero he wants to be came up in the dub today and they translated/rewrote it pretty nicely

"You want to make your brother proud? Then stand up and be Ingenium. Become the hero he wanted you to be!"
this is good ill accept it

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Aug 6, 2017

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
How many episodes are left in this season?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

We're not really going to get moving on the things hinted in this episode until season 3. We've only got a handful of episodes left to cover a small school test arc.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
booooo

waiting until the first week of april 2018 is gonna suck rear end

Rhonne posted:

How many episodes are left in this season?
I think this has a 25 episode season? So seven more episodes?

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Sweater Girl is barrels of fun, but yeah, we are not going to get to see anything with her until the next season. :(

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
At this current pace I have a feeling we might actually get to see her one last time before the season ends as that would serve as an excellent teaser for the next season.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

don't boo yet it's a good rear end arc

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Hunt11 posted:

At this current pace I have a feeling we might actually get to see her one last time before the season ends as that would serve as an excellent teaser for the next season.
We might even see Deku getting a suprise visit.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Sweater Girl is barrels of fun, but yeah, we are not going to get to see anything with her until the next season. :(

No we will be seeing her a bit more. Enough that we get a taste.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Butt Ghost posted:

don't boo yet it's a good rear end arc
oh no, for sure.

the next arc contains one of my personal fav, cute moments in this series, but also I wanna see more Sweater Girl and the guy who looks like a Hot Topic/Tattoo Piercing Mistake

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

They did the Stain video scene absolute justice.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
oh shut the hell up about all the amazing things in the future

lest i overdose on hype

im so hype

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Forgot that there was an anime thread for this. I wanted to start reading the manga but, much like with Kakegurui this summer, I decided to wait when I heard that there'd be an anime (in this case, when the second season got confirmed). I really liked the first season and... can I just say just how great I think All Might is as a character? I thought I was gonna like him for being the typical "Quirky Mentor" and that's it, but I honestly think that, beyond whatever trappings the mentor-type archetype might have, I like him as a character. They couldn't have picked a better voice actor than Kenta Miyake (Christopher Sabat loses by just this little, but he's an incredible choice for the english dub, nonetheless) because holy poo poo, how can you dislike such an earnest dorko?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Wark Say posted:

Forgot that there was an anime thread for this. I wanted to start reading the manga but, much like with Kakegurui this summer, I decided to wait when I heard that there'd be an anime (in this case, when the second season got confirmed). I really liked the first season and... can I just say just how great I think All Might is as a character? I thought I was gonna like him for being the typical "Quirky Mentor" and that's it, but I honestly think that, beyond whatever trappings the mentor-type archetype might have, I like him as a character. They couldn't have picked a better voice actor than Kenta Miyake (Christopher Sabat loses by just this little, but he's an incredible choice for the english dub, nonetheless) because holy poo poo, how can you dislike such an earnest dorko?

Sabat is really great and I really like the difference between his two voices, he's just wonderful. All of the dub voices are superb to be quite honest, especially my perfect twinkling boy.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

EmmyOk posted:

Sabat is really great and I really like the difference between his two voices, he's just wonderful. All of the dub voices are superb to be quite honest, especially my perfect twinkling boy.

Agreed. I don't want to wait for Funimation's 2 week delay, but man do I miss the English voices.

They're all fantastic.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Wark Say posted:

Yeah I just absolutely love All Might, he cracks me up and really gets me pumped too. People were talking about best characters awhile back and I was surprised All Might didn't even come up, although its easy to overlook with all the great kids. But man he's just so funny and great.

And both voice actors are fantastic. The All Might laugh is just so good. Ha Ha Haaa! Its okay now! Why? Because I am here!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah I just absolutely love All Might, he cracks me up and really gets me pumped too. People were talking about best characters awhile back and I was surprised All Might didn't even come up, although its easy to overlook with all the great kids. But man he's just so funny and great.

And both voice actors are fantastic. The All Might laugh is just so good. Ha Ha Haaa! Its okay now! Why? Because I am here!
All Might has been in the top 10 in every MHA character popularity poll, which is a rarity for adult authority figures in a shonen.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

JT Jag posted:

All Might has been in the top 10 in every MHA character popularity poll, which is a rarity for adult authority figures in a shonen.

What about Hisoka from HxH?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

What about Hisoka from HxH?
He's an antagonist, good antagonists being in the top 10 of popularity polls isn't unheard of

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
I think it's fair to say Hisoka is an adult and an authority figure

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

JT Jag posted:

What about Kakashi? Did he not do well? It is indeed a rarity regardless though.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

What about Kakashi? Did he not do well? It is indeed a rarity regardless though.
Aizawa is a better Kakashi than Kakashi you scrub.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
That....doesn't seem relevant to his point.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/_highboom/status/893913112033861633

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

quote:

shittycasted poorly photoshopped movie adaptation poster of BnHA
Apt description.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Iruka getting a consistent high rank in Naruto's popularity polls is super weird, he's not even hot.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

quote:

shittycasted poorly photoshopped movie adaptation poster of BnHA
N-no

:negative:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

All joking aside, Dwayne Johnson as All Might would be kind of amazing. He's got the presence for it. The only question is how they'd pull off Small Might.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Use the same computers they used to make Chris Evans small in Cap 1.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Hire a scrawny guy and give him a rubber suit so All Might looks appropriately unreal.

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk:
Bakugo this week

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

RIP the brave armies of hair gel who sacrificed themselves to keep Bakugo's spikes down.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
"Call me Tsuyu" :frogbon:

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Froppy episode was Very Good

Selkie is also very cute

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
Froppy is the best. So glad we got a full episode of her, and a seal man who is cute as heck.

But this show continues to leave my most burning question unanswered...

"What superpowers could a man in head-to-toe jeans possibly have?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Fabric manipulation.

• Locked thread